Chasing After You

Von silentreader8789

Hyun Bin is present in Son Ye Jin's life as a miracle beyond her mind. But the wounds given by Bin made Ye Ji... Mehr

1. Mr.Crush
2. Welcome Back!
3. Long-Lost Lover
4. All I Want is You!
5. The Nightmare
7. The Creepy Stalker
8. Shoes Story
9. Hyun Bin vs Gong Yoo
10. Trip To Daegu
11. All is Revealed!
12. Where is Our Child?
13. Runaway
14. Meeting Gomo
15. A Request
16. Caught Between Two Stools
17. Loving is Not Owning
18. The Obstacles
19. "I do"

6. Everything Happens for A Reason

1.5K 106 35
Von silentreader8789

It's been a long day for Ye Jin. She's tired! For a moment, she just sat silently and stared at the ceiling of her apartment.

Tears suddenly flowed down her smooth cheeks. She didn't want to be weak like this, yet she couldn't help herself. Her heart ached like it was being squeezed.

Every day in her prayers, she never stopped praying that she would never meet Hyun Bin again.

After breaking up with Hyun Bin eight years ago, they only met once in Switzerland. At the time, they were just looking at each other from across the street.

Logically, this world is huge. It's impossible for her to meet Hyun Bin in Switzerland. However, that is what happened. Miraculously, they saw each other in Switzerland. And since that day, she had wished not to encounter with Hyun Bin again.

But today, after several years have passed, destiny found her again with the man who broke her heart, the man who has left dark history on her. For now, she couldn't think what the reason was behind their meeting.

Every time she reminisced Hyun Bin, it's like tearing back her old wound that she took so long to heal. Plus, now she has to deal with that guy almost every day. She doesn't know how she will do it.

"Ye Jin ..." Hyo Jin started talking when Ye Jin drifted with her minds.

Hyo Jin noticed the tears starting to flow from the corners of Ye Jin's eyes. Her heart also ached to see Ye Jin's gloomy face.

"Eonni, what's the reason behind all this? Why do we need to meet again after eight years?" Ye Jin sobbed.

Hyo Jin understands Ye Jin's feeling because she knows about the pain Ye Jin is going through. It seems that no one in this world can make Ye Jin lose her direction except that man. This meeting should not have happened.

"I don't blame him. It's because I'm stupid. It's all my fault. I've never hated Bin, but only when he shows up, I'll automatically be reminded of my foolishness, reminding me of the late ..." Ye Jin's voice had turned into tears.

"Ye Jin, I know you're sad. Anyway, you must be remembering about the past. But what you've done can't be undone. Even if you regret it a million times, everything doesn't change. Just do naturally. Both of you work at the same place. No matter what, you must meet him. You can't avoid this, Ye Jin." Hyo Jin counselled.

Hyo Jin doesn't even know what to say. She knows how much Ye Jin was hurt by Hyun Bin. Although Ye Jin moved on but the scars left by Hyun Bin abide inside Ye Jin's heart.

"Eonni, I regret not following my instincts to fly back to Australia when I was at the airport on that day. No wonder I didn't feel good then. Unfortunately, I'll see him again."

Hyo Jin shook her head quickly, she never agreed to this. She remembers again when she met Ye Jin at the airport on that day. The first thing Ye Jin mentioned was regret. At that time, Ye Jin wanted to cancel her plans to settle down in South Korea and wanted to return to Australia.

"No matter what, don't ever do crazy things." Hyo Jin warned.

For years they tried to convince Ye Jin to return to South Korea, but that woman remained stubborn. Now after so long, Ye Jin is finally soft hearted to go home. It's not that easy for them to let Ye Jin go abroad again.

"Eonni, I don't care if I meet him on the side of the road. But I found him at my new workplace. We're work under the same roof office. How will I face with him later."

"Ye Jin, you have to be strong. Ye Jin .." Hyo Jin paused for a moment.

"Don't you want to tell him about everything? Maybe if you express and tell him everything, your heart will be calmer after this, Ye Jin." Hyo Jin continued.

Eight years ago, ...

"I disagree." Mr. Son Seung Heon's stern voice echoed in the living room.

Ye Jin closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. Although she knew it was difficult to convince her father, but she had to get her father's consent. She was running out of time.

"Appa, please... I really want this job and get the work experience before I continue my studies later." Ye Jin urged again as she had already found a dead end.

"Ye Jin ie, if you want work experience, find a job at Daegu here. There's no need to go to Seoul." Mr. Son Seung Heon has calmed down and wants to talk rationally with his only daughter.

"Appa ... It's not easy for me to get this chance. It's a big company. It's a loss for me if I refuse." Ye Jin pouted her mouth, trying the tactics she always used when trying to persuade her father to fulfil her wishes.

"Ye Jin ie, in a few months you will fly to study abroad. Appa had to part with you for years. So, appa want to spend time with you." Mr. Son Seung Heon sighed softly.

"Appa ..." Ye Jin snapped a little and continued to take her steps into her room.

Ye Jin knew it was useless for her to keep asking. Her father showed no signs of agreeing to her request. Ye Jin found a dead end. Sooner or later the secret will be revealed.

Argh, it can't be this way. The situation is alarming. She was determined. If her father objected to her wishes, she would take drastic action to run away from home. Yes, that's the only way she has for now.

Ye Jin quickly opened her wardrobe, took out her luggage. A few pieces of clothing were packed into the luggage. Then she stepped towards the dressing table and some of the items on it are taken, also kept into luggage.

As Ye Jin wanted to move, her throat suddenly felt nauseous. She felt like vomiting. Then Ye Jin left all her work and rushed to the toilet.

Blaargh... Blaargh

Ye Jin threw up all over as soon as she arrived the bathroom. Her throat ached as she did not stop vomiting and caused her weak and helpless.

After finishing her business in the bathroom, Ye Jin stepped out to return to her room again. But just a few steps she moved, her body weakened and fell in front of the bathroom.

The sound of Ye Jin falling startled Mr. Son Seung Heon. How surprised he was to see his daughter lying in front of the bathroom unconscious.

"Ye Jin! Ye Jin! Wake up Ye Jin!" Mr. Son Seung Heon was shocked to see his daughter's condition.

Without wasting time, Mr. Son Seung Heon took his daughter and rushed her to the nearest hospital.

Unexpectedly, it led to a very shocking revelation!

"Your daughter does not have any serious health problems. She just needs to take care of the child in her womb properly. If too much stress, it can cause harm to the mother as well as the baby."

Mr. Son Seung Heon was shocked to hear the doctor's explanation who treated Ye Jin. He almost wanted to fall to the ground.

At the same time, Gong Yoo and Son Mi Kyung gomo were coming closer from afar.

"Seung Heon, how is she? What happened to Ye Jin?" Mi Kyung gomo asked her younger brother.

Mr. Son Seung Heon did not answer all his sister's questions. Instead, he just sat in an empty chair outside the treatment room. His gaze is blank. He was unable to say anything.

"Samchon, why are you so quiet? Is Ye Jin seriously ill?" Gong Yoo asked his uncle.

A moment of silence without saying anything, Mr. Son Seung Heon suddenly got up from his seat.

"I want to go home." That was the only word that Mr. Son Seung Heon uttered before stepping out leaving his sister and nephew in a state of confusion.

They both don't understand Mr. Son Seung Heon's cold looking. Finally, Mi Kyung gomo pulls Gong Yoo towards Ye Jin's wardroom, wanting to see her niece's condition.

After check-up, Ye Jin was allowed to go home on that day as well. Gong Yoo and Mi Kyung gomo bring Ye Jin home. Until now they still don't know any stories yet. But Ye Jin seemed convinced, as she stepped into the house later, everything will be revealed.

"Seung Heon, what really happened? Why did you leave Ye Jin at the hospital?" Mi Kyung gomo complained.

Mr. Son Seung Heon turned towards them slowly. When Ye Jin's eyes met her father's eyes, she felt scared and nervous! She could feel the intense from her father. The look on her father's face was very fierce. This was the first time she had seen her father's face such that in her life.

"Son Ye Jin, you dare come back here? You're a useless child!" Mr. Son Seung Heon shouted making Ye Jin shocked.

Although she was frightened by her father's expression, Ye Jin dared to approach her father. She slowly fell to her father's feet and hugged tightly.

"Appa, forgive me! Forgive me!" Tears were already beginning to fall down her cheeks. Feelings of remorse and fear are mixed in her heart right now.

"Hey, Seung Heon. What's going on?" Mi Kyung gomo asked again, did not understand the situation of both father and daughter.

"Ye Jin, I can't believe you embarrassed me. I sent you to college instead of dating!" Ye Jin's body attached to him was pushed harshly.

Ye Jin screamed softly as she fell on the floor. But she could only cry. Not daring to raise her head. She knew that her father was too angry.

The extreme anger has made Mr. Son Seung Heon unable to think rationally anymore. He unbuckled his belt and without warning continued to hit Ye Jin's body.

Ye Jin didn't have time to dodge and she felt pain when she was hit. She screamed trying to beg her father to stop, but her father did not listen. All Ye Jin's screams and pleas were ignored.

"Seung Heon!"

"Samchon!"

Mi Kyung gomo and Gong Yoo were surprised to see Mr. Son Seung Heon's actions.

Before this, Ye Jin was his golden child, his beloved child. He never punished Ye Jin, but today he is too angry. Ye Jin is spoiled because of him. Spare the rod, spoil the child!

Gong Yoo quickly pulled his uncle to stop him from continuing to abuse Ye Jin.

"Let go of me, Gong Yoo! I want to teach that girl a lesson. Even if she dies, that's okay for me instead of embarrassing me like this!" Mr. Son Seung Heon thrashes around trying to break free from Gong Yoo's arms.

Mi Kyung gomo approached Ye Jin and hugged her niece. Her tears were also unbearable seeing Ye Jin's condition like that. Her heart ached to see Ye Jin who was already weak after being beaten by her younger brother.

"What have you done, Ye Jin?" Mi Kyung gomo's voice trembled.

Ye Jin couldn't answer anything but only her sadness that gave her lost strength.

"Now tell me, Ye Jin! Who's the man that got you pregnant? I want to kill him!" Mr. Son Seung Heon cracked again.

Mi Kyung gomo and Gong Yoo were shocked after hearing the new statement coming out of Mr. Son Seung Heon's mouth.

"Ye Jin! Is it true what your appa said?"

Ye Jin looked down unable to stare at her gomo's sharp gaze. Tears were getting heavier running down her cheeks.

"Ye Jin, please tell gomo. Don't be like this!" Mi Kyung gomo was already shaking Ye Jin's shoulder due to the impatience to hear the confession from Ye Jin's mouth.

"Ye Jin, who is that boy? Tell us, Ye Jin! Is he your boyfriend?" Gong Yoo asked.

Previously, Ye Jin had shared about her boyfriend whom she highly admired to Gong Yoo. How happy Ye Jin is to share love with her dream man. But the details about the man, Gong Yoo didn't really know because Ye Jin did not tell him further. He knows little.

"Is that the man? Tell me now, where he is? I want to find him!" Once again Mr. Son Seung Heon's voice thundered loudly.

"Ye Jin, tell us. Don't keep silence." Mi Kyung gomo tried to persuade, but Ye Jin remained quiet and did not say anything. Only her cries flowed.

Suddenly without warning, Mr. Son Seung Heon got up and headed towards Ye Jin's room. In less than a few minutes, he then came out again carrying Ye Jin's luggage and belongings held in his hand.

"Look, noona, Gong Yoo! She's already ready to pack her bags. She really wants to go to Seoul, supposedly go to work, wants to find experience, but in fact she wants to run away from us because she wants to cover up the fact that she's pregnant." Mr. Son Seung Heon's voice was unbearable. His anger was overflowing.

"Hey, you get your bag and left my house! From today, Son Ye Jin, you're no longer my daughter!" The bags in his hand continued to be thrown harshly towards Ye Jin.

Mi Kyung gomo and Gong Yoo looked at each other without expecting that Mr. Son Seung Heon would drive Ye Jin out of the house.

A moment later, Ye Jin quickly got up and followed in the footsteps of her father who was about to step away. Again, she knelt down and hugged her father's legs tightly. She hugged him as if she didn't want to let go of him anymore.

"Appa, forgive me! Appa, you can hit me! Punish me appa! But I beg, don't dump me!" Ye Jin groaned trying to beg an apology from Mr. Son Seung Heon.

"You're an ungrateful child! Get out of my house. I don't want to see your face again. Go!" A fierce voice scolded Ye Jin.

"Appa, please forgive me. I know that I was wrong. I'm really ashamed of myself, appa. But please don't make me like this, appa. Appa, I don't have anyone else in this world." Ye Jin who was drenched with tears knelt at Mr.Son Gun Hoo's feet begging for an apology.

Her fears were increasing, her father's anger getting worse.

"Oh, now you're think of father's existence. But did you ever think of your father when you did that disgusting thing? Enough, I don't want to hear anything from you. You're leaving now. I hate to see your face. You know how to make a living. You're smart, aren't you? When you're in love, you forgot about your father at all. Go. Go find the man that you love so much." Ye Jin was scolded again mercilessly.

Mr. Son Seung Heon loosened Ye Jin's hug roughly. Yet when his attempts were unsuccessful and Ye Jin was still faithfully clinging to his body. Finally, he kicked Ye Jin's body.

"No! Stop samchon!" Gong Yoo pulled his uncle's arm away from Ye Jin.

"Don't interfere us, Gong Yoo. If she's still in my house, my blood can make me stand to death!"Mr. Son Seung Heon pushed Gong Yoo and then came closer to Ye Jin. His daughter's arms was pulled roughly.

"Don't, appa! Please forgive me, appa. I know I have sinned. Appa has the right to punish me but I beg you, appa... Please don't dump me, appa." Ye Jin hugged his father's leg and still crying pleading for her father's mercy.

"No! Get out of here now! Go!"

Ye Jin that had been attached to her father's leg was roughly pushed aside. Then she was pushed out by her father to the door of the house. All her cries and pleas were left alone. Her father seemed deaf. He did not want to hear her explanations and appeals at all.

As soon as her legs came out of the house, her suitcase was immediately thrown out and then the door of the house was closed crudely.

Ye Jin collapsed to the ground. Her cries became more and more stronger. Her fear grew thicker around a piece of her heart. How she goes through her life after this?

What will happen next? She had been dumped by her father for the mere stupid mistake she had committed. Everything was wrong! She's too stupid.

"Appa! Appa ... please open the door! Please forgive me, appa. Don't make me like this, appa!"

Ye Jin tried to knock on the door of the house repeatedly pleading again in the hope that her father's heart would soften and accept her again.

However, Mr. Son Seung Heon did not want to compromise at all. Ye Jin then only heard her father's voice and Mi Kyung gomo was arguing. His father is still adamant with his decision while Mi Kyung gomo is trying to defend her.

"Appa .... appa! Please forgive me, appa. Don't throw me away. Please open this door, appa." Ye Jin didn't give up knocking the door loudly.

The knock was so strong that made her hands bleed. However, she did not care about the wound. It was not compared to the wound she made to her family's heart because of adultery.

The knocking stopped when the door of the house opened. Maybe her father had changed his mind and wanted to accept her again. But behind the door it was not her father but Gong Yoo.

"Oppa, help me. Please talk to appa..." Ye Jin pleaded for Gong Yoo's mercy. She knew that her cousin would not leave her alone.

"Ye Jin, hurry up! Samchon ... he's ..." Gong Yoo couldn't finish his words.

Ye Jin's face turned anxious.

"Samchon complained he has a chest pain just now, then suddenly he fainted. We have to take Samchon quickly to the hospital." Gong Yoo stammered, too worried about the unexpected situation.

As soon as possible, Ye Jin pushed the door and entered the house again.

"Appa .... Appa!"

For a long time, Ye Jin was silent and her mind drifted to her past. Hyo Jin finally heard a long sigh from her bestfriend.

"No, eonni. If I tell Bin about everything, nothing will change. He doesn't know from the beginning. Let it be. It's better that he doesn't know. I don't think he needs to know." Ye Jin firmly expressed her decision.

"Ye Jin, if that's your decision, I will support you from behind. But you must be strong. You must know how to manage your emotions against the decision that has been made. It's not fair for him if you express your anger on him even though he doesn't know the reason." Hyo Jin advised again.

Ye Jin wiped away her tears again. Hyo Jin was right. However, for her to keep seeing Hyun Bin every day was like a punishment for her.

"The world is big but fated to meet him again." Ye Jin sighed again.

"Ye Jin, you have to be strong. If you really can't stand it, then you quit your job. I will always behind you to support you." Hyo Jin encouraged.

"Thank you, eonni. If it weren't for you, I don't know who to talk to."

Hyo Jin is the best option for Ye Jin tell everything. If she tells the story about meeting Hyun Bin again to Gong Yoo oppa and Mi Kyung gomo, she would be looking for death!

"Be patient, Ye Jin. You just make it seem nothing, Bin doesn't know anything either, right? If you react more, he will have all sorts of suspicions later." Hyo Jin said.

Ye Jin only nodded in agreement with what Hyo Jin said.

"You have your life. And he must have a life of his own. Forget it all. Now, he's nothing more than a colleague of yours. Just act naturally, okay?" Hyo Jin added more.

Ye Jin wiped away her remaining tears. Yes, she needs to move on!

"I will try my best, eonni. I will. Thank you for always being with me, eonni."

"I will always be with you, Ye Jin. Stop overthinking. Take care of your emotions and take care of your health. I don't want you to get sick later." Hyo Jin ordered.

Hyo Jin was a little relieved. She knows Ye Jin isn't as weak as she thought. Behind everything that happened, there must be a reason. She prayed that whatever would happen, it would all happens for the best to her best friend, Ye Jin.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

49.5K 4K 49
Meet Son Ye Jin, a ballerina from Daegu with a big big dream; to become a prima ballerina. Born to dance, Son Ye Jin has dedicated all her life to ho...
819 34 28
Where Hyunjin meets his ex-girlfriend back in high school, which makes him fall in love all over again. (Story is finished)
55.7K 2.5K 13
When Ye Jin raised her head and looked at him, she felt that her heart was home. She came to a conclusion that for this man, she would give it her al...
166K 9.1K 59
All Ye Jin wanted was to lead a simple life. Have an average job, an average family, an average life. But what happens when she gets caught in a sche...