Crossing the Lines

By lk_anon

There are many lines in this world we shouldn't cross: the line between right and wrong, the line between eth... More

Character Aesthetics :)
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY ONE
FOURTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY FOUR
FOURTY FIVE
FOURTY SIX
FOURTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FOURTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
SNEAK PEAK OF SEQUEL
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE

TWENTY NINE

71.4K 1.7K 2.2K
By lk_anon

Hannah's POV

---------------------

Two hours.

Toby and Estelle spent two hours poking, pulling, and prodding Sarah and I for the gala. We looked like completely different people by the time they finished. Estelle gave us both bold makeup looks and Toby did a slick back look for Sarah's hair and Hollywood style curls for mine.

We didn't look like we were going to a gala, we looked like we were about to walk a red carpet. Both of our dresses were gorgeous and accentuated us well. I swear, I will never understand how those boys have a better sense of fashion than us.

When we walked downstairs, all of the boys were ready and waiting. Sadly, Ben had already left to meet with some people at a compound on the Canadian border. Sarah was mad that he couldn't see her in the dress but he promised he would make it up to her.

"Wow..." Vinnie said as they all stood up.

"Whoah." Antony said, looking us up and down. He smirked when he noticed my dress had slits on either side. "Careful there, Hannah. One misstep and you'll show me everything." Of course.

"I think you guys look better without the makeup." Oliver smiles, causing Sarah and I too blush.

"Kiss ass." Leo coughs.

"I wish I could dress up with you guys." Thea sighs.

Vinnie, Antony, Sarah, and I were all going to the gala but Thea, Leo, Ace, and Oliver were flying there with us. We were going to stay in Atlanta for the night and fly back in the morning. Ace is the one to normally wear a suit, but seeing the others wear one was definitely impressive.

"Let's go." Ace says, walking out of the living room.

We all follow him into the foyer as Vinnie and Antony walk out the door. Before I could realize what was happening, Ace picked me up bridal style and started walking to the car. Oliver did the same with Sarah and Leo with Thea.

"What's this?" I laugh.

"Well, you and Sarah can barely walk in regular shoes so I'm already worried enough about the heels. Plus, you'll mess up the dress if you walk in the grass."

"And I just wanted to be carried!" Thea yells in front of us.

"Well, how do you think the dress looks?" I ask. "You did pick it out after all."

"Il vestito sembra buono ma ti preferisco senza." I gave him a questioning look, still not that good with Italian. "Beautiful. The dress looks beautiful on you."

"Thank you." I blush.

We ended up having to take two cars to carry all seven of us. We could've squeezed into one, but these dresses were like riding with a whole other person. We got to a small airport where the jet was waiting and immediately took off.

We were all quiet for majority of the plane ride, just doing our own thing. Sarah and I caught up with Thea for a while and filled her in on what she's missed. She flipped out about everything between Ace and I.

Sarah seemed on edge, anxious. I tried to get her to talk but she wouldn't say much. I think she was nervous about the possibility of seeing people she knew. I know I would freak out but, luckily, we've been trained on what to do if we are ever in that situation. When the plane landed, she looked nauseous with how nervous she was.

"Hey, It'll be okay." I whisper to her as we're getting off.

"I don't know..." She looks at me, wrecked with nerves. "I have a bad feeling about tonight."

The four of us going to the gala get into one of the black SUV's on the runway while Ace, Oliver, Leo, and Thea get into the other one. Apparently, they were all going to a safe house somewhere and we would go there after the gala.

The gala was being held at a fancy banquet hall. When we pulled up, I was shocked by what I saw. Remember how I said Sarah and I looked like we were about to walk a red carpet? Apparently, we actually were. There was a red carpet, leading up the steps to the building. There were a ton of photographers and reporters on either side, capturing the even and its attendees. Vinnie and Antony got out first and then proceeded to help Sarah and I. We walked by all of the reporters and blinding lights as we made our way inside.

When we walked in the doors, my jaw dropped. We were standing in a huge foyer, decorated with many intricate designs and statues. It looked like a museum. We walked straight ahead, through a set of open doors, and ended up on a balcony. From here, we could see over the entire ballroom.

There was a band playing classical music at the front of the room with a dance floor in front of it. There were fancy looking cocktail tables surrounding the dance floor and a bar below us. There were many people dancing, drinking, and mingling on the floor below us.

"Okay, everyone know the drill?" Vinnie asked.

"Enjoy the open bar?" Antony joked, earning glares from all of us. "Yeah, yeah. Keep a lookout and listen in on stuff, draw attention to Hannah, remember big brother is watching."

"Big brother?" I asked.

"He who shall not be named in this environment." Ace. "He was very clear to me that he was watching everything." Antony rolled his eyes.

"Bar?" Vinnie sighed.

"Bar." We all said in agreement.

We carefully walked down the steps to the main floor. I had to cling to Antony the whole way down because I was so afraid of falling. If I didn't trip over the heels, I was gonna trip over the dress.

When we got to the bar, I immediately sat on one of the stools, my feet already starting to hurt. Sarah sat next to me, constantly looking around. I know she was nervous, but all of us were starting to notice just how distressed she really seemed.

"Here, she needs this..." Antony says, passing me a drink for Sarah. I hand it to her and she goes to take a sip but freezes when it's halfway to her mouth.

"Sarah? Sarah Harrison?!" We all quickly turn around to see a man, looking in his fifties, excuse himself from a group of people and make his way over to her. "Sarah? What're you doing here?!" All of us, including her, are shocked when the man hugs her.

"Allen, it's been a long time." She smiles.

"It has." He pulls away from her. "I have to ask, what are you doing here? I haven't seen you in three years. I mean, in person or in the media. I always assumed you went back home." We were all looking at the man, still very confused. The man looked at us, confused as well.

"Guys, this is Allen Palmer. He's a producer at Daeman Records. Allen, these are my friends."

"Hello, nice to meet you all. Do you work with Sarah? She's an incredible girl."

"We do." Vinnie answers. "She is pretty amazing, she's great at what she does."

"Ah, and, where exactly do you all work? I'm assuming that's the reason you're all here." Well, he was trying to make conversation, but he was clearly an entitled asshole. This time, Antony went to answer the question, attempting to take the attention off Sarah. Her anxiousness was getting worse and worse by the second.

"They work for Russo Industries." Someone said from behind Allen, causing all of us to look over his shoulder. A man in a grey suit walked up. He had dark brown hair like mine and blue eyes. He wasn't Italian and didn't look near as good as Ace, but he did look handsome.

"Oh, Jack Williams." Allen smiled. "I've been meaning to come and find you. Hows your family? I'm so sorry for your loss." I froze when I recognized the name.

"Thank you, we're okay. We miss my brother," He paused looking over at us. "But he knew that motorcycles were always dangerous."

He was Jack Williams, heir to the American mafia. His brother, James, was killed by Ace the night I met him. They covered up his death as a motorcycle accident. I knew Ace said mafias run everything, but I really didn't understand how much until now. The Williams Corporations. They were known all over America and other countries. I knew of the Williams before I joined the mafia, but I never realized they were involved in this lifestyle.

"So," Allen said, turning back to Sarah. "If you're working with Russo Industries, I guess you made it big after all. Tell me, how is Ace Russo?"

"Yes, I was just about to ask the same thing." Jack spoke up. He eyed all of us until his attention stopped on me. "I heard Ace had a girlfriend, actually."

"Really?" Allen asked him. "Who?!"

"Your looking at her." He said nodding to me.

"Wow, you must be a lucky girl to be with Ace." Allen told me. Asshole, if anything he's lucky to be with me.

All of us were silent, panicking. I expected to talk to people and be asked questions, but I didn't expect to be put under a microscope and picked apart. Antony was the first one of us to finally speak.

"Ace is fine, but he isn't dating her."

"Well then who the hell is she?!" Jack asked.

He was trying to be discreet in front of Allen and all of the other guests at the gala, but we all knew what he was really asking. Who am I to Ace and why am I so important? Allen was clearly starting to get bored with the conversation and sipped on his drink, looking for other people to mingle with. Jack wouldn't take his eyes off of me though.

"She's my girlfriend." I immediately turned to Antony, surprised.

Instead of seeing his face, I saw his lips.

Right as he smashed them to mine...

----------------------

Comment and Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

762K 14K 60
π“…© π“…© π“…© π“…© π“…© π“…© Matteo Marchetti feels like he has something to prove being the new leader of the Italian Mafia, he tries his best to leave his pas...
11.8K 181 35
●COMPLETED● Kate Russo was trained by birth to be a dutiful and compatible wife for the next Don of the Italian Mafia. She was forced to become a qui...
1M 25.7K 25
Elena Russo has never lived a normal life like most. To her normal was having a constant bodyguard and not being able to indulge much on life at home...
206 29 12
New York City, anyone's dream or destiny to step foot in. Unless you were Aleah Franco, being tossed around from house to house. At such a young age...