Emperor's Bloom (Yandere!Empe...

By minuyu

[Yandere! Emperor! x Female! Reader!] You feared that you had already met your untimely demise, only to be th... More

01: The Palace of Iniquity
03: The Charming Treasure of Masaoki
04: The Fateful Sake

02: The Imperial Contract

2.6K 224 305
By minuyu

                  Following closely behind Liqiang, you notice that his footsteps were surprisingly gentle, reminding you of how mildly his milky brown hair flowed, as though holding a river of enchanted wood that let out a sublime yet subtle scent of lotus flowers. His attire reminded you of those that you would usually see in eastern historical dramas, yet with subtle differences here and there.

One thing that you could be sure about Liqiang was that he was handsome and most likely knowledgeable. It wasn't just the type of handsome which came from the way that such a charming young man looked, but rather that twinkle in his eyes or the small little mannerisms that you could already begin to see. He was truly a gentleman, and it was difficult to believe that this 'frightening' palace, or whatever your supposed 'friend' had called it, was actually that unbearable as he made it sound.

Peeking at you from over his shoulder, not enough to be reckoned as a profile, out the corner of his eye, peeking from the curtain of those acorn-coloured locks, that curiosity in his eyes blossomed every time he looked at you. Slightly embarrassed that you had caught him looking at you once again, he hastily turns his head forwards to hide the fact his cheeks were turning into what looked like a bright rose once again. For God's sake, you were meant to be his supervisor and he wasn't acting particularly sensible.

Going on to mentally scold himself, he decides to divert your attention to something else: "My lady, do you have any special requirements that you would like me to look after for you?"

"Well, nothing comes to mind at the moment. Is there anything that you think I need to know about having you as my assistant? Tell me about yourself," You suggest to him, a light smile on your lips. This intelligent young man could be your source of information.

"I'm really not that interesting, my lady. I enjoy birdwatching, crafting new tea blends and wine tasting," He begins, deciding to only reveal some basic things about himself, "The only necessary thing you need to know about me that it is my duty to look after you. I shall take your measurements and contact a tailor or make you some pieces on my own if you'd like. I am trained in a range of different areas."

"That's lovely, you should really let me try some of your tea blends some time. If I may ask, what is the emperor like?" You inquire, deciding that maybe it would be best to learn more about your biggest threat. After all, you had to keep your friends close but your enemies closer. However, was the emperor really your enemy? You couldn't tell yet given you hadn't met him.

"I have only met him a few times while serving him. You aren't allowed to look directly into his eyes and he's actually fairly aloof. He doesn't really react that much to anything and..." Liqiang pauses for a moment, letting out a gentle sigh, "I don't know why, but it feels there is a barrier between him and the rest of the world. He barely even speaks. But it's not in the kind of way that he doesn't want to converse with others, instead like there's something holding him back. I can't put my finger on it - he truly is peculiar."

"Is he still fairly strict? I was told that he's a very cruel man," You press on.

"If I'm being honest, I don't know. You're better off asking the other women in his harem," Liqiang recommends to you, continuing down the hallways.

He was currently leading you to your private quarters in order to sign this 'imperial contract' that held such high importance. The hallways had floors made of ashen tiles, polished to sparkle as though they were stars and engraved to depict different types of flowers on each tile. At the same time, the walls had azure and crimson murals painted upon them which illustrated a moonlit garden overflowing with ivory flowers and vibrant violets which seemed as though they were swaying in a non-existent breeze of their beauty, which was timeless. The foilage followed a river of sapphire silk winding around silver pagodas that held an enigmatic presence making you wonder what sort of things hiding away within them, contrasting with the raven-black koi fish with lavender detailing that persevered through the unforgiving river, reminding you of your current situation.

Other than that, the only decoration in the endless corridor was the pale grey lanterns above, which seemed like miniature moons each gifting a certain section of the hallway with their tranquil light that bounced around childishly, bringing comfort to the granite night theme with its platinum-gold rays, resembling heaven peering down onto our world of suffering from hope.

You passed by lattice sliding doors with glass panes which were blurred out or replaced with a screen-type of barrier to conceal what was on the other side. This corner of the palace was nowhere near as grand as the front. Liqiang had actually brought you in through the back, where supposedly the rest of the women in his harem were situated, conveniently out of the emperor's way.

Without warning, Liqiang halts in his tracks in front of a certain door, painted with roses in a light shade of salmon. Opening the door with one hand, he steps to the side and bows, gesturing for you to enter first. "My lady," He welcomes you, "Your private quarters. I helped to arrange and prepare it. I hope it is to your liking and if there is anything at all that you want to be changed, I will see to it straight away."

Stepping through the door, muscles tense with caution, you take it upon yourself to inspect your room, head moving left to right as you take in your surroundings. The room had been primly and ornately decorated - the chestnut-toned, hardwood floors had been waxed and polish to the point you could see your reflection, and then adequately concealed by a huge, embellished and delicate, pale green rug infused with the scent of sensitive lemon. The walls had the same mural as just outside of the room, except with even more detail like mockingbirds added to it. Your bed was a rather thick and comfortable looking cotton mattress on the floor equal to the size of a queen-sized bed. Instead of a pillow, you had a pearly, porcelain headrest which sparked some concern about its comfort to you. The bed was finished off with an adorned, indigo duvet with almond blossoms weaved skillfully.

"Why is there a porcelain headrest?" You questioned, slightly confused by this.

Instantly picking up on the hint of concern in your voice, Liqiang replies: "Porcelain headrests are usually what are used, are they not? If you'd like, I can get you one made from wood. I assumed porcelain would be to your liking because ceramic pillows are thought to help a sleeper find love in their dreams. I don't want you to have any bad dreams, my lady."

"I guess I'll give it a go," You submit, letting out a wasteful breath, "But if I don't like it, would it be possible to get something made of a softer material? Like a cushion?"

"Certainly," Liqiang agrees, bowing his head to reassure you. "Is there anything else that might need changing?"

Scanning the bedroom one last time, you find an imperial chest for your clothing with a matching dressing table with gems and trinkets. There was a low-lying table by the significant window on the far right paired with violet cushions alike to your duvet, Considering this was practically all you needed for now, you shook your head, "No, I'll be alright for now."

"Great. Shall we look over the imperial contract then?" Liqiang proposes, gesturing to the table and bringing to your attention a piece of slightly rolled parchment paper with rouge borders and neat writing in jet-black ink. "I can read it to you if you'd like."

"I nearly forgot, yes please," You accept as Liqiang makes his way over to the table, soles pressing against the solid ground and sending him forwards little by little.

Bending over and picking up the piece of parchment, Liqiang turns to face you with a subtle smile on his lips. You couldn't quite place your finger on what was so enamouring about him - some people may argue that it would be the colour of his eyes but they would be beautiful in any shade. No matter what, they would still be Liqiang's eyes that radiated honesty and care even though you had only just met, as though you two were nearly destined to meet. What you realised is that what made him beautiful came from deep within. It didn't help either that he was so modest, hiding his blushing cheeks and weak smile as though they were something to be suppressed.

Shaking your head, you realised that you were captivated by his appearance once again. Ever since coming to this world, it felt as though you knew what type of person everybody was just by looking in their eyes - truly, the eyes were the window to the soul which held desires.

"Alright then. The contract states: 'This is the Imperial Contract between the emperor and lady [Name] [Last Name]. Once signed, she is not allowed to leave the emperor's harem unless given permission to do so. The first term of the contract is to not look at the Emperor directly in the eyes or touch him without permission. The second term of the contract is that the lady is allowed to have one lover of her wishes but they are to be kept a secret from anybody outside the palace walls. The third term is to not stir up any unnecessary trouble in the palace and to not ask for the emperor. The fourth term of the contract is that only the emperor is allowed to change anything in this contract," Liqiang reads out in a voice clear and hammering in your ears, making it absolutely, pristine clear that these were the rules you had to follow.

"The final term is - do not fall in love. This applies to both sides of the contract. If the contract is broken by the lady, the emperor decides the punishment. If the emperor breaks the contract, the lady is allowed to decide the punishment for the emperor, within reason. For being in the emperor's imperial harem, the lady shall receive a salary of 100,000 gold coins a month to spend on whatever she pleases. If she wishes for anything more costly, she is free to make a proposal to the emperor," Liqiang finishes reading the contract, setting it down on the table once again.

"Wait... then what's the point of being in the emperor's harem if I am not going to serve the main purpose of being in one? Pleasing the owner," You interrogate, wildly confused.

Liqiang sighs, beginning to explain further, "The emperor's harem is actually just an act for the public and higher-ups so they don't continuously bother the emperor about finding consorts and so that the people are not disappointed in him. It is important that the public recognise just how powerful the emperor is. While he could get a consort quite easily and have it over with, he refuses not to. Once again, I don't know why."

"So all I have to do... is live a luxurious life, stay out of his way, and I'll be paid handsomely for it?" You repeat, beginning to understand the situation better now.

"Yes, you see, women are used as status symbols. While unfortunate, that's just how the world is right now. The bigger and more impressive the harem, the more impressive the emperor. You reflect him in everything you do, so if you do go in public or are seen by the staff, remember to act properly. You're the final addition to his harem, after all," Liqiang informs you, turning to your imperial, boarded chest and opening the first drawer to take out a thin brush made of weasel hair with a wooden handle, along with a small pot of ink.

"I'm the final one? If it makes him more impressive, why doesn't he grow his harem?"

"The emperor only wants to keep the public satisfied, he doesn't see the need in dazzling them. Therefore, it is you, amongst three other women in his harem. In the meantime, let's sign this contract, my lady," Liqiang says, opening the inkpot and placing it on the table along with the brush, precisely beside the parchment paper.

You take in a deep breath, somewhat perturbed about what was going to come. Everything seemed alright, but you didn't even know what this world was like. If you signed this contract, you were practically bound into the Emperor's cage for life. Were you really put here for a reason? When you thought back to the past, you remembered your own memories from your old life as well as any important memories for this person - except, you were in their place. It was as though you two had completely switched. But if you had switched bodies, then what had happened to her, especially if your own body was already dead?

You take a seat upon the violet cushion, sitting down appropriately and shakily taking the brush into your hands. While you could remember core memories to this body, you weren't exactly sure if you could still read and write the same. Trying your best, you dip the tip of the brush into the pool of darkness before dragging across the rim to rid it of any excess ink.

Looking at the red, hollow box awaiting for your signature, you notice right above it in an identical box, the emperor's signature had already been filled in. His handwriting was confident, yet spoke to you in a sense of midnight dreaming. Something that passed by with only a faint memory of it remaining, alike to the gentle scent of sweetness after it rained that tickled your nose and allowed you to take a refreshing breath as though you were taking in the cold mountain air. A hint of vanilla even lingered, along with traces of lavender. Surprised that you were even to determine such a thing, your brush meets the paper.

A puddle of shadow plagues the innocent parchment, held captive under your brush before you begun to sweep it across, trying your best to mimic the proper writing of your own name with what you could remember of this language.

"My lady, your hand is trembling. Are you really that nervous?" Liqiang asks, anxiety lacing his voice as he knees down beside you, his large and slender hand timidly patting your back. "I will do everything I can to make sure your life here is happy."

"In truth, I'm scared for my life. I am so worried because I don't even know anything about this place," You sob, trying your best to keep it together.

Liqiang winces, as though your pain was hurting him as well. With a sympathetic gaze, he nears you and tenderly pats the top of your head, his rough palm coming into contact with your [H/C] strands of hair, "Then I will try and tell you everything I know about this place whenever you need it. I am here for a reason, and that reason is you."

You both are interrupted by an abrupt knock on the screen, causing you to jump slightly. Head bolting towards the door, you hear a feminine voice which was gentle as daylight on a meadow of flowers in the beginning of spring, "Lady [Name]? May I come in? I am lady Chunhua Aimi Kang, the emperor's second lady of the imperial harem. I was hoping to give you my congratulations or maybe words of comfort."

"Shall I let lady Chunhua in, my lady? It seems that she has come by at the most inconvenient time," Liqiang confesses in a whisper to you, his voice rumbling against your eardrum and sending tingles down your spine.

"Yes, let her in. I'm alright, I'll learn to accept this soon enough," You reassure him; there was nobody that you could tell about this. Even if you did, would anybody believe you or would you be called mad? The best thing would be to keep your mouth shut instead of blabbering on about it to everybody unless the time came that you had to reveal this information.

Standing up from your side, Liqiang prepares for Chunhua's entrance, already bowing as he declares: "The lady [Name] has given you permission to enter her chamber."

After a brief second, the door stiffly slides open as the person doing the action tried to remain as gentle as possible. Entering the room with her head high and an aura of grace surrounding her, Chunhua makes her first appearance to you. She looked several years older than you, yet kept the striking countenance of those emerald eyes of hers bright with the newborn wonders of a sapling, sprouting from the earth of umber, sepia strands that were her hair, tied back into two separate buns on the top of her head, adorned with gold and a centrepiece on the crown of her head, gleaming with the vitality of crimson sapphires.

On the other hand, her attire was red with green blades of grass amongst golden flowers embroidered along its borders, and her collar stood up sharply yet close to her rather thin neck. Her face was only mildly done with makeup, the rouge shade on her cheeks and the corner of her eyelids only making her pine green eyes pop.

"Lady [Name]! You're more beautiful than I was told you were going to be," Chunhua starts off on a light note, hurrying over to you as you quickly stood up from your seat. She grabs your hands, smiling in an understanding manner: "I'm glad to have a new friend in this palace, it's been getting a little lonely."

"Oh- It's lovely to meet you, lady Chunhua," You reply, palms helplessly sweaty.

"And it is most certainly lovely to meet you as well. I came by because I was wondering if there was anything else you wanted to know. It may be inappropriate of me to come and see you before you've even gotten the chance to settle in but I simply couldn't even wait a moment longer!"

"Lady Chunhua, if I may ask, have you actually met the emperor before?"

"Me?" She stops for what felt like a minute before slowly nodding her head, "Yes, I've been here for about two years now but I have only met the emperor twice. Once when I first joined and he came to answer any questions I had, then the second was for the one night we get to spend with him each year. However... I told him not to bother with it after the first time, which is also the last."

"Why's that?" You immediately inquire, curious to the reason.

"Usually when a man and a woman spend a night together... they're meant to hold each other close but the emperor simply turned his back to me. His presence was interrogative and intimidating but at the same time, he seemed so gentle and distant. He didn't try to do anything with me that night. But we did actually talk a little bit about this and that. From what I've heard the other girls say, he was the same with them too. The cold emperor would look after us but still showed barely any interest. Argh, that guy is so confusing!" Chunhua cries out.

"Did he say anything that you should be aware of? Like a warning or anything?"

"Well... he told me to be careful not to let too many people know about my lover because it could stir up some trouble for him, breaking part of the contract and he said that he didn't want to have to punish me. It seems like he's strict about the contract. On another note... one of the things that really helped me to settle in was a lover," Chunhua begins, a smirk on her red lips.

"A lover?"

"Yes, which is why I arranged a small line-up of charming men for you to choose from tomorrow morning."

Status: Unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 150 5
Becoming the villainess of a visual novel you played in your past life after dying in the dumbest way possible is tragic, but so is being the one cha...
30.4K 1K 13
You suddenly transmigrate into a world unknown to you after falling asleep in the class. But after trying to find your way out, you shine in the empe...
10.9K 541 12
[Yandere reverse harem x reader] You wake up in a dungeon in a world you dont recognize and with no memory. Everyone tries keeping you at their side...
133K 5.2K 36
❥︎ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏ yandere! roommates x reader ❀•°•═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════•°•❀ When (Y/N) moves in with five strangers, things start out surprisingly well...