The Lone Courier

By LuckyAceHigh

There is only one ultimate rule in war- SURVIVE UNS Courier, the lone sole survivor of his admiral fleet fro... More

Prologue
Quotes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 (18+) ๐Ÿ‹
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29๐Ÿ‹
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Act 2 Trailer: The Emperor's Redemption
Chapter 34๐Ÿ‹
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Sneak Peek: A Lonesome End
Chapter 38: One Last Delivery
Not what it seems.
Chapter 39: One Courier to another
Valentine Special โค
Chapter 40: Dreamwalker
Chapter 41: Petite Chou-Fleur ๐Ÿ‹

Chapter 13

1.7K 28 22
By LuckyAceHigh

Courier watches the Siren fleet he defeated sink to the bottom of the Mediterranean Sea. His ears were then assaulted by some bickering. He turns to look at the Iris Libre and Vichya Dominion shipgirls. 2 of them were arguing with each other while the others looked at the scene, facepalming at their attitude.

Jean Bart: Why would he join a harlot like you?

Richelieu: Bold of you to assume he will join a old hag.

Jean Bart: You will regret this.

Annoyed, Courier radios to Admiral Elda on his earpiece.

Courier: Admiral, permission to fire a warning shot.

Elda: Why is that?

Courier: They're assaulting my ears, ma'am.

Elda: ....Permission granted. Fire away.

Courier: Yes, ma'am. Also, I believe the leaders of Iris Libre and Vichya Dominion are here.

Elda: Very well, I'm coming to greet them myself.

Courier then loads a slug into his chaperone and fires it into the air, getting the French shipgirls attention. 

Courier: Could you two be QUIET? You're ANNOYING me.

The warning work. The shipgirls were scared by the aura Courier radiated. Soon after, they calm down. 

Courier: You're calm now? Good, because it seems like you two are the ones the Admiral wants to speak with.

Courier stated as he points at Richelieu and Jean Bart.

Richelieu and Jean Bart: Admiral?

Elda: That would be me.

Admiral Elda appears next to Courier as she looks at Richelieu and Jean Bart. 

Elda: Hello there. I heard you wanted to ask us something?

Richelieu : Yes, we wanted to know who the boy is because, first, he's a shipboy, which is a first in the world, second, he destroyed that Siren fleet like it was nothing, and finally, what are those weird planes he carries with him, because I can clearly see that no one has something like that, not even the Sirens.

Both Courier and Elda look at each other, knowing what Richelieu is talking about. Courier understands what Richelieu meant because this is the first time the French shipgirls seeing a modern carrier shipboy from another world.

Elda: We can answer the questions you want to ask us, but would it be possible to talk in one of your bases instead?

Jean Bart: Why would we do that? We don't know his intentions!

Jean Bart countered as she points at Courier.

Courier: I could say the same thing to you, seeming interested in me because of how different I am from all of you, but that's beside the point. Also, doing a meeting in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea would not be a good idea because there could be danger around here. Most importantly, the Sirens or spies from other factions. 

Richelieu: Do you mind if I discuss this with the others ?

Elda: Take your time, we understand.

Richelieu: Merci.

Elda: You're welcome. 

Richelieu turns back to the shipgirls to ask if they shall do as Admiral Elda said.

Richelieu: Shall we go to one of our bases ?

Saint Louis: While I don't know their intentions, the boy has a point about possible danger from the Siren or even spies from Iron Blood or other factions observing us.

Dunkerque: I think this is the safest choice. I could feel the seriousness in their voice. They don't feel like someone who would attack us for no reason.

Jean Bart: We still need to have an eye on the boy, we never know what he is thinking.

Richelieu: So, is everyone okay with this ?

The French shipgirls nod with agreement. 

Richelieu: Let's not make them wait any longer, then. And send a message to the rest to join us.

Courier and Elda waited for the shipgirls discussion to end. It didn't take long before Richelieu came back to them.

Richelieu: We accept your request. However, know that the others will keep watch on the boy to make sure he doesn't do anything suspicious.

Elda: Understandable. Courier, do you agree?

Courier: I do. I'll let the ladies lead the way. 

The French shipgirls blush a bit from Courier's comment, confusing him while earning a raised brow from Elda before shaking it off as Courier prepares himself to follow them. 

Timeskip brought to you by Courier beatboxing against Boyfriend from FNF

After an hour of travel, the group finally arrive at naval base. Luckily, they didn't encounter any Sirens along the way. 

Richelieu: Here we are, welcome to the base of Toulon.

Courier Thoughts: Heh, so it's not so different from my world.

Courier thought to himself, surprised as he looks around the base seeing the similarity.

Richelieu: Follow us to the meeting room, where we can ask you questions and answer the eventual questions you may have.

Courier and Elda: Very well. 

As the group enter the base, they saw a few more shipgirls from both Iris Libre and Vichya Dominion that were waiting for them.

???: Bonjour. Could you explain why both factions are here ?

???2: Yeah, why are we here? Aren't we enemies?

Jean Bart: Calm down. It's about that mysterious shipgirl, or should we say, shipboy. Along with the Azur Lane commander being here.

???3: What? Impossible! There's no way it can happen. Also, the Azur Lane commander's here?!

Dunkerque: Oui. Then how can you explain this man, then?

As the shipgirls look at Courier, they were shocked that indeed there's a shipboy in front of them. 

???4: Analysis: Mailman dubbed as "shipboy" has been recognized as real. More research needs to be done for the reasons of his existence.

Courier Thoughts: What?

Richelieu: Now that you're here, we need to go to the meeting room to know his identity while also discussing with the Azur Lane commander.

Jean Bart: And no fighting, at least until we say so. We're in a truce for now. So behave yourselves.

???2: Very well. I'm quite curious about him, to be honest.

???4: Order recognized. Initialization of the command begins.

Small timeskip brought to you by Courier taking a sip from his trusty canteen.

Upon arriving at the meeting room, Courier and Elda sat down with everyone else present around a huge table. 

Elda: Let us introduce ourselves first. I'm admiral Elda, current commander for Azur Lane.

Richelieu: I am Richelieu, the lead ship of the Richelieu class. During my history as a ship, I lived through good times and bad times, and I also witnessed the rise and fall of my homeland... This time, I hope to protect all that is dear to me up until the end. Together with this fleet, I strive for liberty and peace...

Jean Bart: I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain "respected" privateer...

Courier: What's a privateer?

Jean Bart: You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they're pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country.

Courier nodded as introduction continues.

Saint Louis: I am Saint Louis, a heavy cruiser of the Saint-Louis class from Iris Libre.  Because ruination befell my homeland, I was returned to nothingness before I was born. As I am now, I am but an illusion, a manifestation of an ideal.

Dunkerque: I am Dunkerque, from the first line of the Vichya Dominion. As you know, there is nothing glorious about my career. I won't hide it, because it is a fact.

Le Triomphant: I'm Free Iris Le Fantasque-class destroyer Le Triomphant, greetings. I was in Brest's 8th Large Destroyer Division. I went to Skagerrak strait with my sisters, but we went separate ways afterwards...

Le Malin: I am the Le Fantasque class destroyer, Le Malin, I was part of the 8th Light Division in Brest... and fought together with my sisters. But after that, Le Triomphant choose a different path than us.. mm, no need to push it.

Jeanne d'Arc: Salutations, I am Jeanne d'Arc, a Jeanne d'Arc-class Light Cruiser from Iris Libre. Even though I had previously been a training cruiser in charge of raising excellent warriors, I am now standing at the front lines for my country with sword in hand. I pledge my all for my beloved homeland!

Algérie: Hi, I am Algérie, an Algérie-class Heavy Cruiser from Vichiya Dominion. I am the flagship of Iris Orthodoxy's first cruiser fleet within the Mediterranean sea fleet. Afterwards I was kept by being a Templar knight of Vichy France. Hence after, it should be recorded in history right?

???: I am Béarn, a Béarn-class Aircraft Carrier from Iris Libre. I was once part of the Normandie-class battleship, but then I became the Iris Libre's first carrier. Afterwards, I witnessed the Iris Libre and the Sardegna Empire infighting... honestly, I hope that this tragedy won't happen in this world ever again.

???2: I am Le Mars, a L'Adroit-class destroyer and a trainee knight of the Vichya Dominion. I served the Vichya Dominion until I was sunk at port by the Eagle Union to combat the Ironblood.

???3: I am Forbin, a L'Adroit-class destroyer and a trainee knight of the Free Iris. Although for some reason I sat at the port doing nothing for two years, I participated in many missions after returning. I was active on the battlefield to make up for the gap from before.

???4: Gascogne, Richelieu-class battleship number 4, construction canceled due to wartime conditions. Purpose: engage in battle and destroy Master's enemies.

Richelieu: Now that we introduced ourselves, could you do the same? And could put your hat on the table, so we can see your face?

Courier nodded as he takes off his beret and introduces himself. 

Courier: My name is UNS Courier, a nuclear-powered Gerald R. Ford-Class aircraft carrier of the United Nations. And the last ship of the... Vanguard Fleet.

Courier whispers the last part of his introduction so anyone can't hear him.

Gascogne: Question: What is a nuclear Aircraft Carrier?

Courier: Short answer, they're more powerful than a normal Aircraft Carrier. Instead of oil, they run on nuclear reactors instead.

Forbin: You don't need oil? How long can you last?

Courier: I can go anywhere for around 20 or more years

Le Mars: You can last that long? Punaise, that's impressive!

Le Triomphant: What about these weird planes you have? Because it doesn't looks like a plane to me.

Courier: Actually, they are, it's just a different design. They're called jets, and they use produce thrust through the discharge of gas instead of powering a driveshaft linked to a propeller. This allows jets to fly faster and at higher altitudes.

Jeanne d'Arc: We saw that you managed to destroy the Siren fleet with only 3 jets, as you called them, but I can safely assume you have more.

Courier: Correct, counting those jets along with some helicopters. I have in total 75 or more aircraft in my arsenal. But I will keep a secret about the special planes I have. You never know who's listening. And let's not forget about the drones I also process to deal with Purifier.

Béarn: Where do your aircraft come from? There are none of those models in all of the existing factions, not even the Sirens.

Courier: Because I'm from another world as well as the future. 

The French shipgirls were shocked by the sudden information.

Gascogne: Error: Answer is illogical. Explanations are needed to apprehend your case.

Courier: I'm from a world similar to yours but in the future, in the year 2030.

Richelieu: Are there any differences between them?

Courier: Well, first, there are only shipboys, no shipgirls. Also, we had World Wars, but that not the only case...

Jean Bart raises a brow at the last part of Courier's sentence. 

Jean Bart: Did the Sirens came to your world?

Courier: Yeah, except they're a rogue faction that opposes the Sirens' ideology and follows their own. They called themselves Tritons and attacked us for 10 years until we finally defeated them with the cost of countless lives, including my fleet... Before being transported to this world, fresh as new.

Commander Elda and the French shipgirls looked at Courier with sympathy, for what he has been through.

Saint Louis: What are you going to do now?

Courier: Before being transported here. I was told to reunite the factions under one banner against the Sirens and that something BIG is going to happen in the future.  

As Courier answers his question, everyone saw determination in his eyes at the moment he stated his goal. 

Courier: Now it's my turn to ask you a question. What happened to your faction? Elda told me you were once a united faction only to split and be at each other's throats. Why is that?

Jean Bart: We were in the same faction, once. We were called the Iris Orthodoxy. However, our differences in beliefs caused a split, creating the factions of Iris Libre and Vichiya Dominion.

Courier: That'll be problematic for me. I'm a peacekeeper. I'm supposed to set aside the problems countries had and settled them in a peaceful dispute. In my world, France has been unified again after a split because of beliefs and German control which happened 80 years ago. I do believe there are more factions tho.

Elda: Correct, the Royal Navy, Eagle Union, Dragon Empery, Northern Parliament, and Iris Libre form the Azur Lane. We believe that our weaponry is enough to destroy the Sirens. While Vichya Dominion, Ironblood, Sakura Empire, and Sardegina Empire form the Crimson Axis. They believe in using the Sirens' technology to destroy the Sirens.

Courier: Hmm... Dispute this. I saw shipgirls from every faction in the Azur Lane. But I can't help but feel there's still a rift between the factions.

Elda: Hmm... We could go back to base investigate if that helps.

Courier: That would probably be a good idea.

Elda: We could have Richelieu come with us to our base while Jean Bart accompany us to the Crimson Axis base. Does that sound good?

Richelieu and Jean Bart: Oui.

Elda: Good. *yawn* I'm getting tired from all of this traveling.

Elda said as Courier yawns as well.

Courier: Same goes for me, ma'am.

Richelieu: Saint Louis, would you mind bringing them to their temporary bedroom, please?

Saint Louis: Bien sur, follow me, you two.

Getting up from their seats, Courier and admiral Elda follow Saint Louis to the guest room.

Meanwhile

Somewhere in a disclose location, Observer Alpha was getting impatient of waiting for Purifier. Speaking of which, a portal appears with a heavily injured Purifier popping out.

Observer Alpha: How could you lose?! You had an entire fleet against one Aircraft Carrier and you managed to lose! Explain! NOW!!!

Purifier: He's still... too strong...  he completely annihilated the fleet... and beat me up... with a shovel...

Purifier then faints while Observer Alpha sighs with annoyance. 

Knowing Courier's actions, Observer Alpha knows that Project Orochi or herself wouldn't do any good against him. She could ask the Arbiter, but that's too much to ask. The best she could do for now is to wait until the opportunity shows itself.

End Of Chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 1.6K 25
As you all know, ships are mainly referred to as girls. What would happen if one of those ships... was a male? Striker stars as the only male Battles...
8.9K 306 41
Hi all I'll for this story I'll be using the unfinished hakuryuu in this story. For some background. This class was suppose to be the successor of th...
20.1K 175 15
This story is based on the Anime/Game Azur Lane (story takes place after the anime) After a decisive win by Azur Lane against the Siren's and once ag...
35.4K 437 27
Well it's done. All Sirens are confirmed destroyed, the Crimson Axis has surrendered and have joined forces with the rest of Azur lane and peace was...