Amped up || Cypher x Reader (...

By loraavi

THE CHARACTER HERE IS NOT NEON! IF YOU'RE READING THIS, PLS DON'T SAY IT'S NEON, I GET THESE COMMENTS A LOT A... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Answer A
Answer B

Chapter 15

2.6K 105 108
By loraavi

{Laria}

I woke up in my own bed. I've no idea what happened the night before, and I still have trouble processing it. What were those feelings... Why did it lead me to this point?
I look around my room looking for any signs that Cypher might be still here, but there's none. He's probably already outside, doing his job or having some important meeting at the Valorant headquarters.

I slowly get out of my bed, careful not to do it too fast. I'm still during the process of waking up, my thoughts like a fog in my mind. Nothing's coming together yet. I make my way to the kitchen, where I stare at the food laid out on the table.

"Oh..." I whisper, grabbing a cup of hot tea into my hands, letting the warmth spread around my palms. If it's still having this temperature, that means Aamir's left recently. "Thank you..." I add with my husky morning voice to myself; but of course, inside, it's aimed at Cypher.

I think yesterday... I just fell asleep. In his arms. Like a baby. Well, what a strange experience it was. I just felt weak and collapsed... I still need time to think about my feelings.

Or maybe...

"Good morning." I hear soothing voice coming from the front door. When I look there, I see Sage who's closing the door behind herself and walks into the corridor. "I see you're doing quite well, and that Cypher's taking care of you."

"Ah, yes, yes." I nod repeatedly and feel the smile crawling onto my lips. "Oh, do you want some tea? Or... Anything, really?" I look around to see there's not much to serve for her. There's just a breakfast prepared for me.

"A cup of water will be just fine." She smiled, nodding at me. She seemed not surprised at the fact this home is not well supplied. Maybe that's why she brought several bags filled with... Stuff. "I was on a little shopping. This is all for you and Aamir." She put them down and took the glass of water I offered.

"Why, thank you!" Sending her a grateful smile I peek into the bags and spot tons of fresh food. When are we going to consume all of this? "That's a lot..."

"Well, yes, I bet you've seen Cypher working - endless snacking, drinking. Not alcohol of course, it's rare for him to drink this crap..." She helps me unpack it all, immediately putting things where they belong. It's incredible how well she knows this place. "How are your things with him?"

I fall silent, not really knowing what to say. It's complicated, and I think I should just say this. You know, considering how close we were yesterday, and before... How we both are "connected" and...

"It's complicated."

"I understand." She nodded and put a huge fish in the fridge. Holy cow... That's some big boy right here. "Eat, eat peacefully. Don't bother yourself with me." She pats my shoulder and points at my breakfast.

Food, right. Eating.

I sigh and sit down, starting to vacuum everything off my plate.

{Cypher}

"There will be more." Brim's walking around the room, hands behind his back. "And we... Actually need to find a way to stop it. I don't care how, but we need to stop it."

"Just yesterday I said we can't." Killjoy says, rolling her eyes. "It's basically impossible." The tension grows, everyone's uncertain.

Today we've received news about the radianite found in the sea. That means there's more of it, and it'll keep coming. I frown and look at the statistics displayed on the glass table. If we don't stop this circus, more and more people will be gifted with abilities. Maybe the ones that shouldn't really have it. Unreliable, foolish and craving power. That's what a horror world sounds like.

"Maybe let's just leave it as it is." I hear Reyna's voice to my right, and I see that she's trying to stop a smile. That would be the perfect opportunity for her. Chaos everywhere. "If we can't stop it, maybe let's try to control the situation."

I didn't let myself to be pulled out of my warm bed to just listen to this crap.

"We need to start working on this, right now. That's why I came here." I say firmly, crossing arms on my chest. "More radianite doesn't only mean that there will be more people using magic, but also the world's structure will change. Icebox, Ascent and Haven have been already distorted because of this material. And there will be more to come." I point out.

"That means..." Jett looks at me. "If we don't stop it, the world might actually get destroyed."

"Kinda." I nod.

Everyone falls silent, trying to come up with any solution. Unfortunately, they all seem lost. Just as much as I am - I didn't work for it all, didn't come up with new inventions just to be killed in a huge explosion.

But maybe that's how it'll all end.

{Laria}

It's taking Cypher a lot of time. I've been sitting in a garden for a while, trying to read, but my mind was wandering around this one, particular person. The longer he was absent, the more worried I was getting. I didn't have anything to do anyway beside sitting and trying to relax before next missions or trainings. Sage came from behind and sat down beside me on the ground.

"Seems so nice here." She said, looking at all the colours of flowers surrounding us, then observing clouds above. "Cypher doesn't seem to be a fan of flowers, just like Omen doesn't seem to be a fan of knitting; and there you are. What a beautiful collection."

"Omen knits?" I raise my eyebrows in surprise. Just imagining this spooky ghost boy trying to knit is making me smile already.

"It helps him keep focus. Poor soul." Sage sighs, playing with grass under her hands. "He's going through a lot of pain."

"Oh..." I look in front, carefully taking my friend's words. I was always wondering what's it like to not be something corporeal, something more or less like a shadow. I heard him a few times, saying I'm not just a shadow whenever someone called him like that. He usually did that quietly, but his voice was full of pain. "Sage, do you like him?"

"Me? Of course I like Omen."

"But, in a way..."

"Oh, no, no. Of course not. We do not have any romantic connections." She immediately denied, and I smiled. Obviously. Even if, it's not my business.

"Sorry, shouldn't have asked. It's your thing." I immediately add, hoping I didn't hurt her.

"Don't worry, if I didn't want to talk about it, I'd tell you." She puts a daisy in my hair, then sends me a friendly smile. "I'll get going. I have unfinished business."

"Sure, see you later. Thanks for everything." I stand up and bow slightly to her, then I smile to her as well. I follow her with stare until she disappears out of my sight, but in her place appears Aamir. I smile at him and wave, but he stays silent. That's odd...

"Her, Aamir, how's your day been?" I try to start a conversation, but he just turns his mechanic pupils at me then looks away, as if he'd be embarrassed of something. "...Aamir...?"

"Good. I just need to rest." He replies harshly, just passing me and getting into the house.

Who's hurt him...?

I follow him, trying to find a way to get to know what happened. He grabs the mask and throws it on the table, its blue pupils freezing in one place.

"[Y/n], go away." He says, his back turned at me. "I said, go away."

His words surprise me, especially with the way he said them. Slightly aggressively. I just wanted to try and help him...

I see his face all of a sudden, his eyes staring at me intensively. "I said something." His voice sounds choked, as if he's holding something inside. "[Y/n]."

"That's my name." I reply slowly, sighing. "What's happened to you?"

{Cypher}

I can't worry her. I can't.

This meeting was shit, we didn't come up with anything. This seems like a problem with no solution. The more I hold the annoyance inside, the more it grows and becomes something it shouldn't. I'm really so close to just snapping, but I can't throw it at her.

The way she looks at me, just shows me how worried she is. I try to keep it to myself, and succeed a bit. I take a deep breath and approach her, grabbing her shoulders gently.

"All is good." I'm looking her in the eyes, but after saying this, I feel the anger boiling in my chest - I shouldn't have lied. The silence follows. "Nothing's good. Nothing." I exhale. "NOTHING GODDAMNIT!!!"

"Hey, hey, Aamir, chill... " I hear her voice and try to actually calm down. Useless.

"Yes, yes, of course, let's ignore the whole danger and let's just chill out." I immediately regret my words. Her expression is enough of a punishment. "I'm sorry. I've never let emotions take over me so easily."

How about yesterday?

Someday I have to tell her. I have to tell her how I feel. Now I don't want to... Or maybe I should. Before it's too late.

What am I saying, everything's going to be alright.

...right?

"Come on, scary man, let's make ourselves some delicious dinner." I hear her voice and feel her hand grabbing my palm covered by gloves.

"Sure, let's go. I have a few recipes from my mom." I say softly, feeling as her calm gets to me as well.

Thank you, [y/n].

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 91 10
Mystery Potion, A Yuri/Lesbian VALORANT Fanfiction by Kyo. This Fanfiction is about Two ladies named Reyna and Viper. Reyna is a Vampire who suck so...
3.7K 18 10
γ€ŠAddictive Touch》, A Lesbian VALORANT fanfiction by Kyo. Reyna and Jett were allies in battles and close friends. They both are powerful and talented...
50K 465 25
VAL ONESHOTS (FINISHED) lesbian oneshots i wrote when i was 12 ( cringe ) ‼️ COVER BY @deadrevy ON TWITTER ‼️ rankings - #1 astra | 3-11-22 #1 killjo...
42.1K 769 50
Hi this is really gonna be on Valorant's agents and some of the agent ships. This is my first story so I hope you like it! There's might be smut in t...