CODENAME: A.D.A

By Philipa__

16 year old Ada seems like your average Nigerian teenager. She goes to high school, gets good grades and gets... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Author's note

Chapter 9

79 17 0
By Philipa__

"Reproduction is different in male and female" my Biology teacher rambled on about how we reproduce.

In my head, I'm like "Yo, we're teenagers and we're not as innocent as you think". Well, she's only doing her job

Chidera, who was seated in the chair next to me, raised up her hand.

I rolled my eyes. Anytime Chidera asks a question, it's usually meaningless and stupid. Anyway, at least it'll pass time. I badly want to get out of this class.

"Yes Chidera" Mrs. Obi answered her.

"During Biology practical class, can we demonstrate how humans reproduce? For better understanding, of course"

The whole class erupted in a fit of ooh's and ahh's, as well as laughter. Chidera's face was filled with pride as if she had just achieved something by making the whole class laugh. Jeez! This girl seeks attention too much. A real 'notice me'.

Mrs. Obi shook her head.

"Keep quiet everyone"

Everyone kept shut at once. Mrs. Obi is not one to be messed with. Feeling satisfied with our silence, she proceeded from where she stopped.

My eyes wandered round the classroom, searching for a pair of familiar green eyes. Unfortunately, I found none. It's already second period yet Justin is not in school. Is he okay? I hope he's not sick. I highly doubt it. We spoke all through the night and he seemed fine.

Why isn't he in school then?

I pouted sadly. I really looked forward to seeing him. As if reading my mind, his voice sounded from the door.

Good morning" Justin greeted "Sorry I'm late. I've been in the principal's office trying on my new uniform. It took time to adjust"

I took a good look at him and dare I say his appearance is drool worthy. The school's white shirt fit his body perfectly, tucked in with grey pants, grey tie and shiny black shoes. His curly hair perfected the whole look.

Gosh, he made this uniform look like a runway outfit. All the girls felt the same way. They aggressively swooned and whispered about how great he looked.

"Come in" Mrs Obi permitted.

"Thank you"

He walked over to where I was seated and sat beside me on my right side. The strong scent of his perfume hit my nose. I almost had the urge to pull him close and sniff him.

"Hey" he told me.

Instead of me to reply a 'hello' like a normal girl, instead I asked.

"Why are you sitting next to me?"

"I told the principal I feel more comfortable next to you. I convinced him to move me"

"What? Why would you do that?"

He looked confused.

"Do you not want me here? I can move back"

"Way to go Ada. You stupid girl" my subconscious rolled her eyes.

"No" I quickly said "I do"

I smiled to reassure him. He smiled back. My mind became at peace again.

The class went by smoothly. We took down notes. Justin and I made small talk in class in low tones in order not to get caught. There's just too much to talk about with him.

He yawned.

"Lazy ass" I teased.

He looked at me in disbelief with his eyes wide open.

"Me? Lazy? Says the girl who kept me up all night"

"Hey! You called me. Not the other way around. Hypothetically speaking, you kept me up all night"

"Whatever"

He tore a piece of paper, wrapped it into a ball and threw it at me. I giggled.

"Wait, you guys spoke on the phone throughout the night?' Chidera asked me

Wait, she was listening all along? Ah Chidera! Always looking for gist.

"Yeah" Justin replied "So?"

"Ah ah. So soon? How did you get her number?"

"From the sky" I answered with an eye roll.

I hissed at her. Justin chuckled.

The next thing I know, she went close to Maya and started whispering to her. Maya and her friends opened their mouths in shock.

"How did they exchange numbers?" Maya asked her.

A normal person wouldn't have heard the conversation. I could hear it because of my earphones

"I've been trying to ask him for it" Maya continued.

"That Ada girl will be acting all innocent. Deep down, she's an ashawo" Laura said.

Ashawo means prostitute/hoe/slut

Me? A prostitute? Just because I got a guy's number in a few days and they didn't. I shook my head. Unbelievable.

My mind went back to me and Justin's phone call last night. We talked nonstop for hours.

*flashback*

I laid stomach down on my bed with my legs swinging in the air as I talked to Justin

"I believe aliens do exist" I told him.

"Me too"

"What if the stars are actually cameras that aliens use to watch us?"

Justin gasped.

"You're a fucking genius. What if we're actually a human zoo for them?"

"True!"

Ï rolled on the bed as we spoke. I couldn't stay in one particular spot. I moved from one place to the other.

I got up from my bed then went to the window side. From there I moved to my door, then to the couch then I paced round the room then back to the bed.

"What did you have for dinner?" I asked him.

"Berry blast and bread with peanut butter"

I shook my head.

"Is that food?"

"Of course, it is"

He yawned.

"We should get some sleep" he said.

The time was 2:00am. We should. I have to be up as early as 5:30am today.

"Okay"

"Can't wait to see you though"

"Same here"

"Good night"

"Good night"

*end of flashback*

After three periods passed, it was time for short break. As usual, everyone filed outside to get snacks from the cafeteria.

"Aren't you going down?" I asked Justin.

"Nah, too many people. I'd rather hang here"

"You should socialize, you know?"

"I tried but I don't get along with anyone. I have a book to read anyways"

"Oh"

I brought out my drink from my bag along with my food. He brought out the same drink as well.

"Aye, berry blast gang" I joked.

He laughed.

"I know right"

"Cheers" I raised up my bottle.

"Cheers"

We clinked our bottles together and laughed lightly.

He brought out a book from his bag. I gasped in excitement when I saw it was a comic book.

"Wanna read?" he asked me.

"Yes"

We joined our tables together then he put the book in the middle. We had to get our chairs closer to each other which made our bodies make contact. It sent shivers down my spine while Justin seemed unfazed. He casually flipped through the pages of the comics.

I sighed internally. It's all in my head.

A throat clearing sound interrupted us. We looked up to see Maya in front of us. Surprisingly, she stood alone. Where are her sidekicks?

"Hi Justin" she said.

I hate to admit that Maya is breathtakingly beautiful with her piercing dark eyes, long relaxed hair and skin the colour of freshly made custard. Yes, I just compared her to food. Her skin is that shiny and smooth.

We used to be good friends in JSS1 when I first came to the school till her crush started liking me. All of a sudden, we stopped being friends. I think it's because she rose to fame and concluded we were not on the same level anymore. It's all good though.

"Hey" he replied.

I looked away out of insecurity. Every boy in his right mind would do a double take on Maya.

Out of nowhere, I felt a sharp pain at the back of my head.

"Ow!" I cried.

Ben laughed. He hit me at the back of my head.

"Dozie" he mocked as he walked away.

I just got embarrassed in front of Justin. I wish I could get swallowed up by a big hole. He must think I'm pathetic.

Maya laughed at me then turned her attention back to Justin.

"Why don't you come downstairs for snacks?" she tried to persuade him "I could even show you around"

"I'm not hungry plus I already have something to eat" he motioned to his drink.

She looked at my drink as well. A look of confusion crossed her face.

"So? You should still hang out with us. Everyone is eager to talk to you"

"I'm kinda busy with Ada. Maybe next time"

I laughed. He pronounced the name wrongly again.

"It's Ah – da" I corrected.

"Oh. Sorry" he chuckled.

Maya eyed me with scorn.

"Guess I'll see you around then" she said.

"Guess so" Justin responded.

She eyed me once more then walked away.

I continued reading the comic but I noticed that Justin kept staring into space for the past few minutes.

"What's wrong?'' I asked him.

"Why do you let them treat you like that?"

"I don't understand"

"The bullying. I see the way Maya looks down on you. I see the way Ben treats you. No one talks to you. Why do you allow that?"

I looked down. I don't know what to say. Even I don't know why I allow them to treat me the way they do. I know that I'm trying to be undercover and all but I should still stand up for myself most times. I don't know. I guess I like being alone.

"I-I don't know"

"That's fucked up" he shook his head in disappointment "You're way better than that. You deserve better than that"

*

"What are you gonna do when you get home?" Justin asked as we made our way down the flight of stairs.

School is over. We struggled amongst other students in order to get downstairs in peace.

"Homework, most likely. You?"

"Same"

I sighed in relief when we got to the quadrangle. Students can be so uncivilized sometimes.

My eyes scanned the area and immediately landed on the car from yesterday. Yes, someone is definitely following me.

"I have to go" I told Justin.

"Okay. Talk later"

"Sure"

I waved at him as I walked forward towards the school gate. This is the only way I can confirm or abort this theory of mine. I have to use myself as bait.

"Where are you going?" my driver's voice echoed through my ear pods.

"Outside, sir. I want to trick the driver that is following us"

"Can you handle it?"

"Yes"

"Okay. I'll follow closely behind in case you need help"

"Thank you"

The line went off.

I went outside the school gates and quickly hid behind a nearby electric pole across the street.

The white car pulled out of the school gates. My car followed closely behind it but at a safe distance just as promised. I made sure that I was hidden. I can't afford to get caught. Only God knows what would happen.

The car parked at the roadside opposite me. The driver rolled out the window. Ahan! It's a woman. I u looked at her closely but she looked very unfamiliar to me. I definitely do not know her.

She's dark skinned and looked tall from the little I can see. She's Nigerian which means she can't be a foreign threat or is she working for another country?

She took off her glasses and looked around as if searching for me.

I smirked. Nice try lady. I'm already several steps ahead of you. She took her phone and put it against her ear.

She's talking to someone. The horns of cars coupled with the shouts of street hawkers and market women made it impossible for me to hear it. I had to put my ear pods in 'far mode' which enables me to hear things far away.

"I can't see the girl" she said.

Her voice was distant but at least I could make out what she was saying. I couldn't hear the other person on the line but it's obvious that he/she wants to know my whereabouts.

"It's not my fault I lost her. I saw her 5 seconds ago"

"Alright. I'll go look for her"

I have to move fast if I want answers. She's about to get out of the car. I quickly crossed the road and sneaked behind her car.

She was just opening the car door when I sneaked up on her and closed the door on her leg.

"Oww!" she cried out in pain.

She sat down as a result. I closed the door on the injured leg again.

She screamed. That should weaken her a bit. I grabbed her hand and twisted it. She's older and most likely more experienced than me. I cannot give her the chance to attack, if not, she can hurt me.

"Why are you following me?" I asked her in a low voice so as not to draw attention of nearby residents.

"Fuck"

She grabbed for something with her right hand. I caught sight of a gun and knife. Seeing it, I pulled her hand out of the car and slammed the door on her arm. She howled in pain. She used her free hand to punch me so hard that I fell to the ground.

"You little bitch" she spat "They didn't teach you to respect your elders, did they?"

I was still trying to get up due to the heavy impact of the fall when she kicked me in the stomach. Wanna know the worst part? She's wearing heels.

I howled in pain.

Immediately, the whole place started spinning. I felt dizzy and light headed like I was going to pass out any minute.

"Hey!" Mr. Ade's voice sounded behind me.

Upon seeing him, she got into her car and took off.

Mr. Ade crouched down to my level and held me. I held my stomach as I cried in pain.

"Sorry. Are you okay?"

The world around me was spinning. My stomach felt like needles were constantly being pierced through it and my head felt like it would come off any moment. I couldn't breathe. It's like she knocked the air out of my system.

"Someone's following me" I mumbled.

That was the last thing I said before I went to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 300 25
At St. Patrick's College, Abuja, everyone has a secret and some of them are to die for... She never wanted to transfer to St. Patrick's College...
9.4K 339 39
Cameron Black is the school's nice guy. He has the perfect life. The perfect girlfriend, the perfect family. Nothing bad has ever really happened to...
16.8K 3.4K 64
You dont know me." Akeredolu Yewande Deraline is admitted into one of the elite schools in nigeria. Bring friends with a rumored depressed freak, a g...
4.3K 427 43
Forced to team up with her hot-tempered nemesis, a cynical Analyst with a dark past must rescue a missing Agent in order to clear her name of murder...