Through Nation's Eyes (Under...

נכתב על ידי Indiscrowshed

Veneziano goes into the library of the World Meeting building in Germany. He finds a mysterious book with eve... עוד

Prologue
Pineapples
A Jerk Bastard.
Forest
Babies, Lots and Lots of Babies
Why Are You Here?
Yáadilá
An Old Enemy, And Lost Famliy Pt.1
An Old Enemy, And Lost Family Pt.2
Melting Pots
A Germanic Mess
Dine and Discuss
Deep Ties Pt-1
Deep Ties Pt-2
Deep Ties Pt-3
Italia?
Deep Ties Pt-4
Intermission
Vertical European Trial
Celtic Trial
Diagonal European Trial
Mediterranean Trial
East Asian Trial
Native American Trial
North American Trial
Back to the Program
Old Nightmare
Epilouge
Author's Note

Last Hours

1K 28 5
נכתב על ידי Indiscrowshed

The nations finally began to wake up after a very uneasy night.

Everything had mostly been okay, with quite a bit of happiness at one point. Then they get slapped in the face by a horrifying nightmare.

Well, at least according to San Marino, they were almost done with this whole situation. Based off of how many pages she saw were left that is.

They had finally just finished breakfast and mentally prepared themselves for the day to come.

"Ve~ Finally, it won't be long now. I can read the rest of these!" Veneziano exclaims happily.

"Right, who's the first one about?" Germany asks.

"Ve~ it's about... oh, me!"

Dear Diary
I know that some people think I'm too touchy. But I need touch... it reminds me that I'm not alone.

Several of the nations looked on in surprise.

"Aw, don't worry too much Feli, come here!" America exclaims. He speed walks over to the Italian and engulfs him in a hug, much to Feli's happiness.

Quite a few of the other nations chuckle at the cute interaction.

"We should probably continue if we want to finish these." Japan states.

"Ve~ right, this belongs to Lovi." Veneziano smiles.

"Fuck, again?!"

Dear Diary
Sometimes I wonder if I could be just as happy and carefree as Veneziano. If I could find someone who would love me like how everyone loves him.

"Aww, Vino. We all love you!" Veneziano exclaims, pulling his brother into a tight hug.

"Damnit! Get off of me Veneziano!" A flustered Romano shouts.

Their other siblings just laughed at Romano's suffering.

"We need to continue, how many more entries are there?" Germany asks.

"Ve~ there are nine more entries."

"Then let's continue."

"Ve~ this is about Germany."

While I seem angry when the other nations make jokes about me, whether it be my own personality or my history, I don't actually want them to stop. I just wish I could laugh along with them and not have to seem like I take it so personally. But I am stuck in my ways, I suppose. I am just glad they still think of me, to be honest.

"Aw, Germany, you could've told us what was bothering you!" America exclaims.

"Yeah, you don't need to hide everything!" France says.

"It's not much longer, let's continue reading." Germany states, attempting to take attention off of himself.

"Aright, this belongs to Prussia." Veneziano says.

Dear Diary
I almost sucked Gilbird up with the vacuum today. I don't think he'll forgive me for awhile...

Plenty of the nations in the room burst into laughter.

"Was Gilbird okay?" Denmark asks.

"Ja, he was fine. Just angry with me." Prussia chuckles.

"Oh, that's why he looked ready to murder anyone that got near him." Germany exclaims, hitting his forehead with his palm.

"Let's keep going, this one belongs to Japan."

Why can't Avatar: The Last Airbender come out in Japanese dub already? It is hard being on the other end of the stick. I don't know how America deals with it?

"I don't deal with it, I just suffer." America deadpans.

His family and a few other nations just snort in amusement.

Japan just uses his hand to hide his smile as he silently chuckles.

"Ve~ this one is about America!"

I changed all of the names in England's contact list. He's going to be so angry with me when he finds out, but it's worth it the see the look on his face when God texts him to say, "I know what you did last night".

"Bloody hell, that was you?!"

America proceeds to just burst into laughter as Canada just facepalms.

Multiple other nations snort or chuckle at England's reaction. Others just shake their heads in disappointment.

"Ve~ this is England's."

Dear Diary
I think the Olympics were a huge success. So many inspiring stories unraveled throughout the past two weeks. I even saw the Korea twins smile together for the first time in decades, and I swear America hugged Israel.

Many nations smiled at the memory of the 2018 Olympics.

Many great memories were made that year, especially with North and South Korean athletes entering under a united Korean flag.

"I wish the world could always be as united as when we're at the Olympics." Israel states.

Most, if not all, nations nodded in agreement.

"Wait, North Korea was also there, and you guys said she's been living with Japan since around 2010. How was she not taken back to her country?" Iceland asks.

"Either we were very sneaky, or all our bosses are just blind." North Korea deadpans.

Several of the East Asian nations snorted in amusement.

"I stayed by to make sure she wasn't caught da-ze! South Korea claims proudly.

"Young-Soo, you stayed by me constantly because your clingy." North Korea smirks.

"Hey!" South Korea whines.

The other nations laugh as South Korea continues to pout.

"Ve~ let's keep going! This belongs to big brother France!"

If I hear anyone in my government say one more time that Canada is little more than "a few acres of snow"... They just see harsh wilderness, the lack of a sugar crop, inflated prices, and corrupt officials. What they do not see is Matthieu. My son, my little angel. I will do everything I can to defend him- even from my own people if need be!

Canada smiles at the entry. Even though France did colonize him. Francis did his best to take care of him before England took him. That didn't mean he has the best relationship with France, by any means. But, he does see how Francis can be in a personal way.

"What the hell do they mean no sugar crop?" America questions.

"It means like, sugar cane." France chuckles.

"Oooooh... that makes more sense. I just remembered maple syrup and thought, 'What do they mean no sugar crop?'."

Canada, Molossia, and South Ojibwe just chuckle at their brother's confusion.

"Ve~ this belongs to Russia." Veneziano smiles, already deciding to move on.

I see the way everyone looks at me. Like I'm a monster, a heartless freak.

They think I'm creepy because I always smile. It's because I walk down a road made up of miles of fake smiles.

I smile to hide what's underneath. Really, I'm sad, lonely, and screaming for someone to care for me.

But now, I'm willing to admit-

I'm not alright.

Tension once again filled the entire room.

Russia looked down at the floor, trying not to tear up.

Many of the nations felt bad. They had treated Russia pretty badly.

Though others were a bit less sorrowful, with how Russia had treated them in the past. But still did feel bad for him. Ivan never wanted to hurt anyone, he just wanted friends.

"Hey Ivan, is it okay with you if I hug you? I ask because your mannerisms remind me a lot of an autistic person and I wanna make sure your comfortable with it." America asks.

"Oh, of course Al." Russia smiles as America engulfs Russia in a comforting hug.

Several of the other nations smile at the sight.

"Al, i swear to god, you're just an oversized teddy bear." Ecuador chuckles.

The other South American nations join in the laughter.

"We should continue now." Russia smiles.

"Ve~ this is China's."

Dear Diary
Although I love big city life in Beijing and Shanghai, sometimes I miss the peace and quiet from before industrialization

"I agree, it was nice when it was just nature, the people, and I guess the occasional invasion, was the main sounds you heard." India smiles.

"Yeah, I sometimes like to look back on that because of how much peace and quiet there was." China says.

Mongolia just looks at the two of them weird for the invasion comment.

"Before industrialization was pretty nice, when there weren't plants and animals going extinct, or almost extinct, left and right." America comments.

The older nations all agree with their statements before continuing.

"This is Canada's."

Dear Diary
I don't know how it happened, but someone very kind gave me a box of chocolates. That really lightened up my day. I don't know who gave them to me, but to me, it means that this person really loves me...
I'm so happy!

Once again, cue the coos from other nations, especially Hungary and Ukraine.

"That's so cute! It's good knowing your happy." Ukraine exclaims, wrapping Canada into a tight hug.

Canada blushed in embarrassment but smiled and thanked her anyways.

"Hmm... there's no more entries, but there is a note here."

There are no more entries.

The rest of these will be memories of the Ancients. Don't worry, these won't be sad memories.

But first, go eat lunch. These memories will take the rest of the day.

The nations all look around at each other before silently going to go eat before watching the very last memories.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

The nations had finally finished dinner and having their usual shenanigans.

They headed back to the Journal Room to watch the last memories.

After they had all filtered in, the familiar flash of light engulfed the room, once again.

Rome was standing in an Imperial palace with Yao.

Yao was standing around talking with Rome, while Leon hid, snuggled up at the back of Yao's leg.

The conversation was normal, until Rome suddenly started bawling his eyes out.

"I swear, every girl I flirt with leaves eventually. I just want to have at least one good day with a cute girl!" Rome cried.

Yao just sighed, before looking back up at him.

"Maybe if impulsive flirting wasn't such a main part of your entire personality, this wouldn't be a problem." Yao muttered.

"It's because your forever a-Rome!" Leon exclaimed.

Rome looked down at the small child as his mouth dropped to the floor in shock while Yao just covered his mouth as he burst out into laughter.

The rest of the nations started laughing.

Hong Kong just looked embarrassed.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Rome looked on the verge of tears, much to the amusement of the other ancients.

"Why am I always dumped?" Rome cries.

A few of the other ancients chuckle. Byzantium looks at his father in amusement.

"You love me right?!" Rome cries, looking at Byzantium.

Byzantium shifts slightly as he glances around the room for a moment.
"No." he says as he ducks behind Ancient Greece.

Rome just pouts as the other ancients laugh.

"It'll be ok, I'm sure he does love you!" Ancient Egypt laughs.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

The next memory begins to show Britannia in front of a small house somewhere on where the modern day border of England and Scotland would be.

"Hmm, I sure do wonder where all of my children are. It's like they all disappeared into thin air. I have no idea where they are~" Britannia smiled.

She seemed to be playing a game of hide and seek with the Celtic Isles children.

Britannia turned her head, hearing quiet giggling coming from a patch of tall grass.

Britannia smirked as she quietly crept up to the grass.

She quickly reached into the grass and pulled out the giggling Irish twins.

"I got you two! Now, help me find the rest of your siblings." Britannia says.

"Okay!" The Irish twins laugh.

"Aww, that was adorable!" Hungary coos.

"Heh, I remember playing that a lot when mum was still around." England smiles.

"Indeed, these were always good memories." Northern Ireland states.

They are interrupted by another memory fading in.

Yao was standing in a forest. He looked to his right to see Li standing in a small clearing nearby.

The two ancients talked for hours. Joking with and poking fun at each other.

Yao talked about the other 1p East Asian ancients, and the nation children he helped look after.

Li told him about their 2p counterparts and how life had been different from his 1p

Finally, a look of curiosity takes over Yao's face.

"Wait, what is your human name?" Yao asks.

"Li."

China and a few other nations begin chuckling at the memory.

"Hey, this kinda thing was an earlier entry!" Wy exclaims.

"Yes, yes it was." New Zealand chuckles.

Before anyone else could say anything, the next memory began.

The last memory picked up showing Scandinavia and Germania.

They were playing in what seemed to be an area in what would become Denmark. They were playing with the Germanic children and Tino and Ivaana.

Lukas was sitting in the snow with Emil and Ivaana.

The other children were playing and running around while Scandinavia and Germania talked.

Lukas was trying out some of his magic. At one point, deciding to use a magic that could summon up a snowstorm.

Lukas concentrated on his magic, allowing a strengthening snowstorm to form above the nations.

"Huh, what's going on?" Scandinavia wonders aloud.

The two ancients look to the children, noticing Lukas using his magic. Scandinavia could sense that's where the sudden change in the weather was coming from.

"Lukas, wait!"

Before either of the ancients could do anything. The strengthened storm had begun causing large gusts of wind.

A particularly large gust of wind hit the group and sent quite a bit of snow, and the child nations, flying away.

Scandinavia and Germania looked at each other with the same expression, and clearly having the exact same thought.

"Oh shit."

Scandinavia began working on stopping the snowstorm while Germania rushed after the snowy, airborne children.

Multiple nation burst into laughter at the scene playing out.

Norway was just blushing with embarrassment.

"Oh, it looks like that was it." Veneziano blinks, looking at the journal as they're transported back to the Journal Room.

"We should get dinner." Germany states.

Many nations nod, subconsciously deciding to eat in the Journal Room to talk.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

A few hours pass and the nations have all finished eating.

"Ugh, I'm... so tired..." Sealand trails off as he falls asleep.

The rest of the nations were sitting down. Comfortably resting at the table. They all decide that it's not worth the effort.

One by one, all of the nations begin to fall asleep, sitting at the table.

They able sleep, entering the dream world.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Rome smiles as he looks around at his fellow deceased nations.

"Only a few more hours now."

The rest of the Ancients sigh in relief.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Ok, I officially give up on deadlines XD

I've been listening to Anna's cover of Isabella's Lullaby on loop for the past several hours now.

Getting into Genshin Impact has also played a part in this taking forever.
(Btw, does Scaramouche give anyone else 2p Japan vibes, or is that just me?)

Finally, we're almost done. The nations are going to have a most welcome surprise next chapter.

Also, I changed the cover again.

Anyways, stay safe, avoid Corona, keep wearing your masks, I don't give a damn what your dumbass governors have to say. Keep wearing them as long as necessary.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

50.8K 1.7K 65
You're one of Cadenzas guards, until some toe eyed cabbages show up claiming to be her friends. . "Laurance?!" I screamed, "What. The. Hell. What'...
37.5K 836 23
No Ships! i do be cringing at this very hard but I'll keep it up for y'all. note that the quality is very questionable and like most people i've ref...
78.7K 1.6K 67
So hello everyone! This will be an odd collection of headcannons and such of hetalia (x reader of course) ALSO IM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS ~~~ Enjoy:3
115K 2.1K 72
So this is a one shot books for the lovely America of course this is my home country so I feel better about writing about him. I'm also from the Dee...