The Past Is In The Past(Joliv...

By hsmtmts_endgame

Innocent love, right? Joshua Bassett and Olivia Rodrigo get cast in the same show, and feelings start buildin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73

Chapter 42

1.5K 17 32
By hsmtmts_endgame

-July 2019-

Olivia's POV:

"I don't not love you too." Josh said as Ricky. We were both super tired. We all went to sleep at 3 AM because we explained to the cast how Josh and I became a couple and played some games after that. It's been a stressful week for the show. We have a lot of lines to memorize, and right now I forgot mine.

"Sorry, I forgot my line. Can I see the script again?" I asked the director.

"2 minutes. We're running behind." She told me. I nodded and walked to the corner of the set to read my script.

"You tired?" Josh walked up to me, taking the time to read his own script as well.

"Yes, a lot. I'm just waiting for this to be over so I can get a nap." I yawned.

"But we still have to give all we've got, right? It's a very emotional scene." He hugged me. It was warm and sweet.

"Yeah." I hugged him back.

"Eat this." He smiled, offering me a packet of oatmeal cookies.

"You carry those all the time now, don't you?" I laughed, taking them from his hand.

"Pretty much. They always get your mood up, and I love to see you happy." He kissed me.

"Alright guys, back to your places!" The director demanded. It's been 2 minutes already? "Okay, from the top. Action!"

"Umm, great job tonight Ricky." I said, grabbing my things and walking out.

"Nini wait!" He sounded desperate. "I don't not love you too." He confessed.

"Ricky, I-"

"Let me get my feelings off my chest first." He interrupted me. I nodded and let him go on. "That night in your room I meant to tell you, and I regret that moment everyday of my life, but I do. I love you. I've loved you since 7th grade, when I made you ride in the front row of demons destiny at six flags, and you told me you sometimes get a little bit seasick on roller coasters and I said, 'come on, live a little'.

"I remember." I smiled.

"Yeah, and then I puked all over your shoes and you didn't even make me feel bad about it. No, you just said, um-"

"No worries, I've been wanting to get rid of these shoes for a while." I beamed. Right there it was Todd's cue to walk in.

"Yeah-" Josh said as Ricky.

"Hey Ricky, could I talk to you for a second?" Todd interrupted us.

"Right now?" He asked a little annoyed. He glanced at me before going out to the hall to chat.

Josh's POV:

"Hey, bud. You did amazing!" He congratulated me.

"Thank you." I answered, dryly.

"I know we didn't exactly start on the right foot." He sighed. "I'm sorry for showing up so unexpectedly. Your mom thought it would be better for you not to know."

"She was wrong." I mumbled. "It's fine. Really. I understand, people move on, they don't always work out. I hope you make my mom happy."

"Thank you, but I came to talk about you, not Lynne." He chuckled. "Are we good?" He asked.

"Yes, you aren't as bad as I thought." I chuckled.

"Great." He smiled before his phone rang. "Sorry, I'm going to have to cut it short my manager needs me, but it was nice talking to you, Ricky." He smiled, walking away. I nod before walking back to Olivia.

"Sorry, he just needed to talk for a second. I wasn't finished." I took a deep breath and kept on going. "This whole experience, I'm just- I'm not ready for it to be over. For us to be, I mean. And if that means doing another musical, then fine!"

"I get to pick the musical." She said.

"Fine! That's fine! It's all fine!" I answered, making her giggle. "I just... I don't want this to be just a showmance. And look-"

"Ricky, um.. you know in musicals when people burst into song when they've run out of things to say?" She smirk at me.

"Yeah." I reply.

"Sometimes it's easier to just kiss." She takes a few steps towards me.

"And cut! Can we do that from the top, again?" She asked Tim. He gave her a thumbs up. This is exhausting.

- · · · -

It's been 2 hours and we finally got the take. We only have to act it out one more time.

"Josh." Tim motioned for me to go to him.

"What's up?" I asked.

"We got the take. We're good, but we discussed some things and we're giving you a chance to improvise." He explained. "It's up to you. You can either go on for a whole hour or for 30 seconds just give it all you've got and tell her you love her."

"Right now?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yes. it's improvising." He answered, chuckling. "Are you going to do it?"

"Yes. I'll go for it." I replied without thinking about it.

"Alright, just make sure you stay on point." He nodded, walking over to the director's chair.

"Last take! Action!" The director said. I'm stressing about this so much. Should I just go for it and tell her how I really feel? I have no idea of what to say, and I only have one try.

"Umm, great job tonight Ricky." Liv stated as Nini. After a lot of quick thinking, it decided that this is my shot. I'm going for it.

"I love you." I confessed. I've been wanting to get that out for so long! She turned around, her breath hitched. "I've loved you since the first time you picked up your ukulele and you wrote a song about clouds. A silly little song about clouds! I love you."

Olivia's POV:

A silly little song about clouds. I remember that. I can't believe he said that! Why are the cameras still rolling?... But wait- I love him too. Was it aimed to me? Or was it just for the sake of the characters?

"And that night in your room when you told me you loved me, I meant to say it. I meant to say it! And I've kicked myself everyday since then because I didn't say it. But I do. I love you. I've loved you since seventh grade, when I made you ride in the front row of Demon's Destiny at Six Flags, and you told me you sometimes get a little seasick on roller coasters, and I said, 'come on, live a little.'" He said. He improvised, and he was back on the script.

"I remember." I teared up.

"Yeah. And then I puked all over your shoes and you didn't even make me feel bad about it. No. You just said, um... "

"No worries. I've been wanting to get rid of these shoes for a while." I answered.

"Yeah, because you outgrew them. The thing is, I never outgrew you. And I don't really know what happens tomorrow, or in two minutes when we walk out that door. All I know is... I want this feeling to keep going. Because this whole experience... I'm just- I'm not ready for it to be over. For us to be, I mean. And if that means doing another musical, then fine.

"I get to pick the musical."

"Fine! That's fine! It's all fine! I just- I don't want this to be just a showmance. Really. I want it to be the real thing. I mean, I think it is the real thing thing, I just... I want a chance to prove it. I do. I mean, look-"

"Ricky, um.. you know in musicals when people burst into song when they've run out of things to say?" I cut him off.

"Yeah?"

"Sometimes it's easier to just kiss." I smirked.

"Yeah?" His lips curled into a smile.

"Yeah." I answered, leaning closer to him.

"Yeah." He mumbled, as we both took a step and closed the gap. I was well aware of the cameras on front of us, but this was far more important.

"Alright cut!" The director announced when we pulled away. "You can go to your lunch break now, you were amazing, Josh." She smiled at him, before putting her headphones back on to watch the scene.

"That was some speech." I started.

"Yeah." He blushed.

"Did you mean it or was it just for...?" I stopped talking when he stopped us. He looked me dead in the eyes and took a deep breath.

"Olivia, I love you." He smiled at me, taking my hand and kissing in it softly. I was shook. I love him and I wanted to say it but I was frozen there. "Uh, I-it's okay if you don't feel the same way!" He added when he noticed I just stood there staring at him. "I know we just started dating. I'm sorry if it was too soon or if you aren't comfortable with that. I just- I really do. But if you want we can forget about this and pretend it didn't happen. I'm sorry." He rambled, moving his weigh from one foot to another.

"You done now?" I reached for his hands. He nodded, worried. "I love you too." I smiled, hugging him once I processed the whole thing. Impulsively, sliding my hand to the back of his head, into his curls.

"You do?" He asked shocked, hugging me back.

"Yes." I answered, a few tears where rolling down my cheeks. He wiped them away and brought my lips to his. This was all I've ever wanted and I couldn't be any happier.

"YOU GUYS!" Frankie yelled, running towards us. "That speech was so sweet!" He said. They all came to support us since they knew today was going to be exhausting.

"The last take. The last take. That's all I have to say." Julia said shocked.

"Right! I can't believe it either!" Dara chuckled.

This was my second family, I loved each and everyone so much... It's just that I loved one of them in a particular way than the rest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 148 27
"I just want to say...I'm sorry...for everything" Olivia said on live TV shocking every listener so what happens when ex lover Joshua Bassett hears t...
48.6K 1.2K 23
So. Josh has a girlfriend. And Olivia likes Josh. I wonder what could happen. Well it's a fanfiction, so it's most likely going to be full of love...
8.1K 128 43
joshua bassett. one of the biggest superstars in the world, suddenly leaves la, decides to takes a break from singing, from the fans and the crowd an...
64.4K 2.4K 46
❝ boy i, boy i, boy i know, i know you get the feels ❞ 𝐒𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑 he falls for his sister's best friend, but she doesn't want to ruin her friend...