Your Saviour. - ITZY Lia x Ma...

By aaaaafro

What would happen when a MMA fighter bumps into an Idol in korea? Guess we will find out. THIS IS WORK IS FI... More

[1] Beginnings
[2] Coincidence or Destiny?
[3] Texts.
[4] Schedules.
[5] Weigh-ins.
author update
[6] Conflicts
[7] Date and Danger
[9] Defeat in Victory?
[10] Date? and Sleepover?
[11] Cuddles? and Conference?
[12] Intorductions and Jealousy?
[13] Fun Times and Stalking?
THANK YOU FOR 1K READS!!!!!!!!!!!!
[14] Remembering and Spinning the Bottle
[15] Cuddles pt. 2? and Caught?
[16] Awkward Afternoon Snack? Surprising Dinner Date?
[17] Déjà vu?
AUDIENCE DECISION:
[Special Chapter] Junri Of Yore
[18] Kidnapped, Napkin and Nap?
[19] Kicks and joy! Meeting The Chois!
[20] Escaping and Painful Truth?
[21] Warming and Warning.
[22] Mistakes and Mistaken.
[23] Kicks and Goodbye.
[24] Permissions?
[25] How to be a couple?
[26] That One Winter.
[Final] Sealed.
New Book ! !
!! NEW BOOK !!

[8] Fair Fight?

1.4K 44 1
By aaaaafro

Y/N POV

The night passed by quickly and today is the day for the fight. Was I nervous? Definitely, with the circumstances given. Hell, I've never been more nervous.

"Can I go to the rest room real quick?" I told Katie and Kim.

"You're nervous aren't you?" She replied.

"Don't grill him. It's fine, you're not yet hand wrapped so you can go." Kim replied as he's tidying up the work place for the hand wraps and gloves.

I got into the bathroom and immediately took my phone out. Perhaps I was looking for a last bit of encouragement I could get. Possibly from Lia.

After hiding my phone, I immediately went to a vacant stall to pee. After a few seconds. I heard the restroom door open.

"You really think we'll get away with this?" A man with a deep voice said.

"He's a foreigner, even if they protest against it everyone will just be mad at them." A guy with a slightly thinner voice replied.

"I mean at least this is the only thing that will be caught tonight. Gladly we faked the test results. They won't know the The Bloodthirster is taking performance enhancing dru-" The guy with the deep voice was cut off.

"You're taking too loud." The other guy said.

"Well I'm finished here so let's go." After the sentence I hear the door open and slam shut.

After hearing the conversation. I immediately went serious. 'This fight might have more at stake if they are willing to go that far'. I thought to myself. A few minutes later I went back to our room.

"You took so long." Katie said.

I was still lost at what I've heard as I sat down seriously and stayed silent. I put my arm on the table and let Kim wrap my hand.

"You good buddy?" Kim said midway through the wrap.

I snapped back to consciousness.

"Y-yeah all good." I replied then after a few more minutes we got called out by a staff.

"Okay boys, hurry up." Katie notified Kim and he immediately focused on finishing the wrap on my other hand.

The three of us went out the room and walk towards the stadium.

I hear people cheering and screaming, we approached the octagons side and a medic checked my hand wrap. My below the belt protector and my mouth piece. He then applied cream on my face to avoid immediate cuts.

After a few seconds I went up the small stairs and got inside the octagon. I'm seeing my opponent on the other side listening to his corner man. I circled the octagon trying to get as comfortable as I can. After a few minutes the announcer got inside and the stadium lights dims.

"IT'S TIME!!!!" The announcer said with so much intensity I can clearly see his neck veins popping from across halfway through the octagon.

"FROM THE BLUE CORNER. A KOREAN NATIVE KNOWN FOR HIS IMPRESSIVE 13-1 RECORD. A GUYS THIRSTY FOR BLOOD AND VIOLENCE.

THE KOREAN BLOODTHIRSTER!!! GO BYUN HO!!!!"

Everyone inside the stadium roars.

A few seconds after everyone quiets. The announcer approached me.

"AND FROM THE OTHER CORNER STANDING ACROSS HIM IS THE CHALLENGER. HOLDING A PROFESSIONAL RECORD OF 13-0 KNOWN FOR HIS INCREDIBLE STRIKING AND STAMINA. Y/N!! L/N!!!

I heard mostly clapping but there are a few screams but I noticed most of them are girls. I tried to hide a smile as the announcer continue detailing the fight.

"This fight will be 5, 5 minute rounds..." I turned towards my corner and I saw Kim preparing the equipments and Katie looked at me.

"No time for smiling! Give 'em hell!" i smiled and I nodded as I turn around to face my opponent and the referee standing between us he called us closer.

"We've been over the rules. Protect yourself at all times. Respect each other at all times. I expect a fair fight from the two of you." That last part of his sentence. I shrugged off after hearing the bathroom conversation from his two corner man.

We distance from each other again and stretched waiting for the refs signal.

"Y/N you ready?" I nodded.

"Byun Ho, you ready?" He nodded.

"Fight!" The bell rings as the stadium suddenly filled with silence.

As a traditional fighter I put my hand up as a sign of respect trying to get a high five but as I response. He immediately went to try and grab both my legs hoping take advantage and take me down. Gladly I reacted fast and immediately side step which caused him to almost do a face plant.

"Ooohhh." He turned his head towards me as the crowd immediately reacted.

I got pissed at what he just did but instead decided to keep my composure.

Almost ten seconds of gauging the distance between me in him. I finally calculated it and immediately went to kick his calf. Which I realized he wasn't prepared for as he reached for the ground trying to stay up.

A few seconds of throwing cautious punches. He decided to do something weird and rushes towards me. I got an idea that he might go for a takedown so I prepared to shield my lower half as to my regret he immediately stops and went for a right hook. I tried and return a punch with my right as I raised my left arm to hopefully block the punch.

He grazed me and I landed a clean hit on his chin which to my surprise with all the force of him closing in and the force from my swing most man would've been wobbling right now but then I remembered the situation.

After that exchange I set my distance once again. I clearly have the striking advantage as he seems to have the advantage on wrestling. So I decided to use that. Since I figured out that distance I decided to throw light jabs and strong kicks to his lead leg (the leg that is in front when you're in a fighting stance.) After stablishing that my game plan is to focus in his leg he seemed more cautious about it and starting for focus on pulling his leg back when I'm going for a kick.

I decided to mix it up and feint a leg kick, pulling back as quick as I can and went for a left straight. I heard my a loud thump which clearly means my fist landed on his face cleanly.

Again to everyone's surprise. He ate the shot and went for my leg, that time I wasn't prepared and he immediately pushes me downward with all his weight. I fall on my back. Immediately moving my head towards his torso. A basic defense when you're under somebody for that his strikes wont be as significant and strong as for you being far away from him.

After a few seconds of him trying to push my head away his torso and punching me. We heard the round's bell and got separated from each other.

I stood up and sigh in frustration about what is happening and went to my corner. Kim places a small chair and I sat down.

"You good kid?" Kim said preparing a water for me. I nodded. In reality I'm stressed. I'm not used to people eating my shots like its nothing even though I put everything behind the strikes. Katie saw me and–

*slaps*

"You're doing great. It seems like this guy is tougher than he looks. Clearly a durable chin. Perhaps a little more of what we've been used to should be enough? Huh?" She smirks and I couldn't help myself but to smirk as well.

"Seconds out." The ref signals us.

"Give em hell!" Katie said. Knowing that phrase for us means "Knock em out!" Pushed my worries aways as the went outside the octagon. I stood up and exhaled loudly and prepare for the next round.

"FIGHT!" The ref after asking us if we're ready. We both slowly approach the center and I went to my stance. He suddenly throw punches and I avoided most of them but some landed as a graze. I distanced myself. I throw a feint jab and went for a kick to his stomach which he partially blocked with his arm. I then throw a fake kick and go for a overhand left that landed cleanly to his chin.

"Oohhh!" the crowd reacts as the sound of the punch echoed through the stadium.

He shook his head and smile as it seems like he's clearly not affected by it. It pissed me off so much. I did my same strategy but adding more in to it. I feint a jab once again but after seeing him raised his arms up, I went for a spinning back kick to his body that clearly hits his solar plexus. He staggered and back down for a second. I raised my eyebrows and immediately chased him.

To my regret he suddenly throws a kick towards my body. Which I blocked with my left arm sadly his foot hits my elbow and a suddenly pain caused me to scream. The ref notices as he signals Go Byun to back off a little bit.

"You good?" The ref asks me. Clearly if I said no he will waive the match off and we'll lose.

"Yeah. I must've over reacted." I replied hiding the fact that my left arm is clearly compromised.

He signaled both of us to prepare.

"Fight!" We continued. He seems to notice it as he's forcing himself to my left side. Gladly my footwork was better so after a few adjustments. I landed a leg kick which again looks like its making its dent to his leg. I'm left hand dominant so I'm using my right to throw jab. Which gladly Katie pushed me to work on and I can confidently say my right jab is as strong as my left straight.

I threw a couple of leg kicks and a few left feints as I kept hiding the pain towards every movement of my left arm and I landed a few right jabs as well as right hook which of course he would just ate straight on. He's on the juice after all. After landing a few hits he became cautious and started defending them which means I can go and mix it up again and it rewarded me another free spinning back kick to his stomach once again that seems to stagger him the most.

He grunts and suddenly charges and stop to throw a kick as I see his back leg twitched.

I suspected a leg kick so I focused my attention. Suddenly he changes the trajectory of his kick and immediately aiming for my body. As instinct kicks in I used my left arm to block it and DAMN! It hurts as hell. My face scrunched as I tried to hide the pain. He landed a left hook. I turned to match the trajectory of the punch to lessen the damage and it gladly worked.

I took a small step back and that caused him to move forward for a right straight. I leaned towards his left side and I guess at the moment my instinct once again kicks in as my left arm decided to move on its own. I throw an overhand that went over his right straight and landed to his chin.

To my surprise he suddenly staggered and fall. The most normal approach for me is to charge in and finish him but suddenly the pain from my left arm bursted and cost me to stop dead at my track as I stood there looking at him for almost a good 10 seconds. Then the bell rang.

We were signaled to both corners and I sat down. Katie suddenly grabbed a pack of ice and applied it to my left arm. As for me right now seeing the look in her face she knows my situation and is confused on what she's going to do. The options are to waive the match off and get me to the hospital real quick or let me go in again knowing that right now with my situation my chances of winning became slim.

"I'm sorry, Katie, I didn't told you earlier that I've injured my arm."

"D-don't say anything okay?" Katie seems distress.

"Should I call the medic to check?" Kim asks her after he's finished giving me water.

"No!" I said. They both looked at me puzzled.

"But your arm." Katie even after spending so much time with her I noticed that she actually cares about me. With this look on her face. A look that she just wants what's best for me.

"Oh come on. Pft! I promised you I'll knock him out right? Plus. I need to win this. I don't want you worrying that much about me." That moment I thought of Lia. That night I got my arm injured. The way she looked so sorry and guilty about what happened. I didn't want that to happen and of course the bet Katie has is also in my mind.

I smiled at them. Kim returned a smile and nodded.

"Well you heard the champ. He got it handled." He said as he places his hand and squeeze softly Katie shoulder who's still looking at me worried.

"Seconds out!" I stood up as well as the two.

"That's it. Ugh!"I stretched my left arm and playfully roll it.

"Will you be okay?" Katie asks.

"I'll give em hell" I winked at her and returned with a smile back.

"Alright!" She replied as they both got out of the octagon.

I closed my eyes and sigh deeply. Picturing the moment of me and Lia on the ground in my mind. Damn why at this moment. I smiled and flayed my arms out preparing for the next round.

author's note

Told y'all I'm finna be updating a lot this time. Jk but I'll do my best. Let me know if you're not enjoying my work and It tweak some details but by the looks of it we ain't even a quarter in. Next chapter will conclude the fight. Seeya by then.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.3K 5K 62
Yeji had to deal with what's going to happen, her manager suggested to do it as pretend. Yeji thought that she would be fine with it but what will ha...
186K 9.6K 60
Hwang Yeji,A hyper and trouble maker soloist idol met her new strict guard Shin Ryujin,Yeji gave her guard a hard time,but after knowing her past fee...
33.2K 1.3K 41
Yeji and Ryujin met on a dating app. One is only looking for a past time, the other a genuine connection. However, circumstances seem to bring them t...
80K 1.9K 76
You are a soldier from (your Country) working in the Korean Special Forces, because your Country has a soldier Exchange program with Korea. What will...