Five Little Sacrifices

By Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 95

590 18 5
By Veikari

While the Trimens served them more tea and coffee, Laxus and his team explained what exactly had happened to Naava Town and Ginkgo. They told them more about Yuidose and his underlings and what they could do.

"It's the first time I've heard of Netherworld Magic", Goldmine said scratching his chin.

"Well considering how magic can appear in so many different ways, there must still be wide amount of ways how to use it that we can't even imagine", Bob said.

"So Yuidose managed to kill Roxanne", Goldmine said looking at Laxus. "And there was a reason for him to do that?"

"It was her Noaidi Arts he was scared of", Laxus grunted.

"Noaidi Arts is a powerful magic that has an ability to exorcise spirits", Freed explained.

"That I have heard of", Goldmine said. "I've met some folks who can use that magic. But isn't it considered to be healing magic?"

"If you think about it, it makes sense", Freed said. "Exorcising something, it's like healing. Of course even with healing magic there are always some people who can find ways how to use magic to do bad things."

"That is never going to change", Goldmine snorted. "Believe my words, it's impossible to try and create a world where everything is perfect and people only do good things."

"We just need to keep believing", Bob smiled stirring some sugar in his tea.

"And now you want our help to protect Naava Town because Fairy Tail is going after Yuidose?"

"Yeah", Laxus nodded.

"We have our own towns to protect too, you know?"

"I know", Laxus growled. He knew Goldmine was just teasing him but it made him annoyed nonetheless.

"It was smart from Bob to ask Quatro Cerberus to join", Freed said before Laxus might get more angry. "We are aware of the fact that no matter what, we can't ask Blue Pegasus to leave their own town without protection at all. But even a few mages is better than nothing and chances of Yuidose attacking Naava Town again would get smaller. Natsu and his team are meeting with Sabertooth to ask their help as well and Wendy is meeting with Lamia Scale. If Quatro Cerberus would join with some of its members, you can still defend your own towns and we can also defend Naava Town."

"Well played", Goldmine chuckled looking at the rune mage. Riling up their competitive side by mentioning other guilds, it was obvious that they would have to join this too. "You have more in your head than just pretty hair."

"Freed's our most trusted strategist", Evergreen smirked nudging Freed's side with her elbow.

"Yeah, only Mavis herself could make plans more effective than him", Bickslow cackled.

"This strategy isn't exactly anything new or complicated", Freed reminded them.

"It has been really quiet lately", Bacchus hiccuped with a grin. "I'll go to Naava Town, there might be some action if that Yuidose really attacks."

"Then I guess you better go too, Rocky", Goldmine said looking at the blond man. "I'll go back and we'll prepare to defend out town just in case."

"We'll return immediately if something happens at home", Rocky assured.

"We appreciate your help", Freed nodded.

"Yeah", Laxus agreed. "And Blue Pegasus?" he asked looking at Bob.

Bob smiled and looked at Hibiki.

"Go prepare Christina", he commanded. "You Trimens accompany them to defend Naava Town."

"As you wish, Master Bob", Hibiki nodded and he left with Ren and Eve.

"Thanks, Bob", Laxus said and Bob chuckled.

"Anything to our dear friends", the old man smiled. "Now let us eat something together before you will all go. I think a good meal is what we need, as we can't know what tomorrow might bring to us."

"Wow!" Felix gasped when Christina was flying up, slowly leaving Datura City behind. Or it felt like the airship wasn't moving fast, but actually it was quite fast.

"How high can this thing go?" Chester asked and he was fascinated. This was such a big thing, how did it fly? "Can we hide inside the clouds?"

"Yes we can", Hibiki smiled as he was fixing some cords near them. They were in a small hallway that had big windows outside and had doors to small cabins where people could sleep.

"How high can we go? Over mountains?"

"Yes. There aren't mountains tall enough in Fiore that we can't cross."

"That's pretty cool", Chester said and he looked at all the cords. "How do you know what cord does what?"

"Because I've done this so many times. It's not as hard as it might first seem", Hibiki chuckled and he closed the lid.

"I don't think I could fix this ship", Felix murmured. To him, it looked like there was just a mess of cords under the lid.

"Why does it have to be so big?" Theophilius asked confused. "There's so much space."

"Well, it might seem like it's too big at first", Hibiki said amused. "But we need space here, because sometimes there are lots of people who stay here at the same time. And we need supplies too like food and water."

"How does this move?" Chester asked and he was really interested to learn more.

"I can take you to see the engines if you want", Hibiki said and he was pleased to see someone so interested of their airship. "If you promise to stay close and not touch anything."

"I promise", Chester said immediately.

"I don't want to go", Theophilius said. "I can fly without an airship so I'm not interested."

"What about Felix?" Hibiki asked looking at Felix.

"I don't know... I think I want to go see where others went", the boy said.

"Just follow the hallway, go down stairs and there are big doors to the great hall, others should be there", Hibiki said and pointed a way. "You can't miss it."

"Okay", Felix nodded and he and Theophilius went towards the stairs, while Hibiki and Chester went the other way.

"This ship is really weird", Theophilius murmured hanging from Felix' shoulders. "Does it really have to be this big?"

"I don't know", Felix said. "But if they say it has to be so big, I guess that's just how it is?"

"I guess... But you know, it is also a bit fun", Theophilius smirked. "I can fly without using my own energy."

"That's true", Felix smiled.

They found the great hall and looked around. It was like one of those fancy ballrooms there were at the hotel. It was like Blue Pegasus was always prepared to have parties no matter where they went. Felix looked around and he saw Bacchus talking loudly with, Rocky, Ren and Bickslow at the bar counter. Since he didn't really know Bacchus and Rocky well, he rather went to the table where he saw Laxus and Freed sitting together with Eve and Evergreen.

Laxus looked at them.

"Did Hibiki show you the ship?" he asked.

"Yes, it's really big", Felix nodded and he got up on a chair.

"It has lots of cords inside it", Theophilius said sitting on the table and he pulled closer a bowl filled with grapes.

"How long does it take until we're in Magnolia?" Felix asked.

"An hour if the weather stays this good", Eve said.

"An hour?" Felix asked surprised. "But it took many hours for us to travel with a train."

"Christina is faster than a train", Evergreen chuckled. "And I personally like travelling with Cristina more than travelling with a train."

"It makes us really happy to hear that", Eve smiled.

They sat down and talked, or more like Felix was just listening what the adults were talking. They were worried about the current situation and what might happen nest. Naturally it made Felix worried too. He doubted him, Chester, Vellanja and Theophilius were allowed to join others when they went after Yuidose. But where would they stay then? With Makarov at Magnolia?

After a while Hibiki came back with Chester who looked absolutely enthralled.

"The engines were so big!" he said to Felix and Theophilius. "You should have seen them! They were so powerful!" he explained and Felix was even a bit surprised. Rarely did Chester get so excited over something. "Of course they have to be powerful because they're holding this whole thing in the air."

"It seems like you like airships", Freed said amused.

"I do! I want an airship too", Chester decided his eyes shining. "I will make one with my silver magic!"

"But silver is a soft metal, I doubt it can be used to build something like an airship", Hibiki said sitting down and taking some tea. "Not without mixing something with silver at least."

"I will make one", Chester said with an adamant tone in his voice. "I'll definitely make one. I'll make my silver so durable I can make all the parts needed."

"You'll need lots of it to make an airship as big as Christina."

"Well... I could make a smaller one", Chester said after thinking a while. "Just big enough so me, Felix and Vellanja can fly with it."

"Hey", Theophilius said. "What about me?"

"You have wings."

"I do, but I don't want to be left out..."

"Theo doesn't weight that much, I bet he can travel with us too", Felix smiled. "I bet you can make an airship, Chester", he assured and Chester nodded with determination.

"I will do it", he said. "Then we can go where ever we want with no problem at all."

"That sounds really great", Hibiki chuckled. "So Christina will have a rival some day."

"Definitely!"

It felt like time went way too fast when travelling on Christina – though for Laxus it was never too fast – and soon enough they could finally see Magnolia. The Trimens steered Christina at the docks, softly letting the airship get down and finally land on water.

"Fucking finally", Laxus grunted when they got down from the ship.

"It wasn't that bad, baby", Bickslow cackled patting his shoulder.

"Let him have his little habit", Freed chuckled. "He always says the same when we get off something, even if it wasn't anything bad."

"That's true", Bickslow noticed. "It's so weird, why do you do that?" he asked looking at Laxus.

"Just shut up", he growled annoyed. "Let's go to the guild house and see what's the situation", he said and once they were all ready, they started walking through the town.

Felix smiled when they saw the big sign of Fairy Tail and they could hear noises coming from inside. So others had came back too. They opened the doors and saw their guild mates talking to each other.

"I see Rufus and Orga", Bickslow said.

"What?" Laxus asked glancing at the direction. Rufus and Orga were sitting with Natsu, Lucy and Happy.

"There's Sherria, Lyon, Toby and Yuka too", Freed noticed, seeing the members of Lamia Scale talking with Makarov, Erza and Wendy.

"So where's Elfman?" Bacchus smirked looking around. "I wanna have a toast with that beastman."

"Just follow Ever, she can find him", Bickslow cackled and Evergreen glared at him. "Where's my Cana?" Bickslow smirked looking around.

"She's talking with Mirajane", Chester said pointing at the bar counter.

"Oh! Well spotted, Ravenberry!" Bickslow smirked. "Let's go", he said grabbing Chester along and they went to the bar counter. Cana noticed them and she smiled, hugging Chester.

Felix and Theophilius followed after Laxus and Freed with the Trimens and Rocky.

"Hi, Gramps!" Felix said climbing on a bar stool.

"Hi there, son", Makarov laughed. "Good to see you back home again."

"Datura City was a weird place", Felix huffed. "They say people don't care if it's night or day there. Hi, Kvestor", he smiled when the fluffy exceed came over with a tray.

"Welcome back home", Kvestor smiled while collecting empty cups and mugs. It was obvious he was enjoying his time helping Mirajane at the bar.

"So you managed to get us some backup too", Makarov noticed looking at their newest guests.

"We're glad we can help you to defend Naava Town", Hibiki smiled with a small bow.

"And you're here too I see", Makarov said looking at Rocky. "I have to say I'm a bit surprised."

"Truth to be told, Master Goldmine was even a bit insulted when our help wasn't asked directly", Rocky said crossing his arms with a small chuckle. "We would have gone to Naava Town by ourselves if Master Bob hadn't asked us to join."

"I should've guessed Goldmine would do something like that", Makarov guffawed happily. "We are of course grateful that you came to help us. With all these mages, we can be sure Naava Town will be safe and Yuidose can't cause any problems to them anymore."

"Has Ketkel yet told anything?" Freed asked and they sat down too.

"They're bringing him here", Makarov said. "We thought that might be the best. If Yuidose tries to silence him, he won't do it in Naava Town at least."

"But are you sure you want us to just go defend Naava Town?" Lyon asked looking at them. "Once Yuka has made Ketkel to speak, we could all go after Yuidose."

"I agree!" Toby yelled loudly with a small bark followed. "More the better! When there's so many of us, they can't stand a chance!"

"No, we can't leave Naava Town without protection", Erza said. "Just in case. Yuidose has attacked there once, he might do it again. It's true that he might not have any interest to actually do so, but with him we can't take that risk."

"So how are you planning to take Yuidose down then?" Orga asked as he, Rufus, Natsu, Happy and Lucy came closer. "That Ketkel knows where he is?"

"We don't know", Erza said shaking her head. "We can only hope he can tell us something once the spell is broken."

"I'll do my best", Yuka assured. "But if he doesn't know anything, there's nothing we can do."

"No, there's still one possibility how to lure him out", Freed frowned. "We have the book he wants."

"That's true", Erza muttered narrowing her eyes. "Yuidose would definitely want that book. But I don't like the idea of trying something like that. I have a feeling we can't just make a plan how to lure him out and expect him to take the bait."

"Then we have have to make ten more plans keeping in mind what might go wrong", Rufus smiled.

"We can make however many plans we want, it still might not work with Yuidose", Laxus grunted. "But that's the best we can do right now."

"We'll learn more once Ketkel arrives", Freed nodded.

"What happens to him after that?" Lucy asked. "I mean, he was under a spell and that's why he went along with all those horrible things..."

"We'll leave that to Warren and others in Magic Council to decide what will happen to him", Makarov said. "Right now we just have to wait and see what will happen next."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 5.4K 24
{Completed} Laxus has always been your first love, he is the one that saved you after all. You've been dating for 8 years but your relationship has b...
378K 8K 76
Young female reader joins Fairy Tail after losing her home and family. In search of a new start, she finds Fairy Tail. There will be some lemon. I do...
89.5K 1.4K 20
(NO LEMONS) Natsu Dragneel and the rest of the dragon slayers are about to experience a certain... CHANGE... in them. How will they manage to contro...
11.9K 472 23
When you think of Fairy Tail, a certain set of names comes to mind right away. Laxus Dreyar, Erza Scarlet, Mystogan, and Shadow. The later two are kn...