The Past Is In The Past(Joliv...

By hsmtmts_endgame

Innocent love, right? Joshua Bassett and Olivia Rodrigo get cast in the same show, and feelings start buildin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73

Chapter 41

1.4K 26 69
By hsmtmts_endgame

-July 2019-
-Right before last chapter-

Josh's POV:

Liv doesn't suspect a thing. I'm so excited and nervous.

"Liv." I shook her lightly when we got to the park. It looked beautiful from the outside. "I brought you somewhere before we head home."

"Okay." She rubed her eyes, even though she's still kind of asleep. I know what to do.

"OH MY GOSH, TAYLOR SWIFT!" I shouted in the car like one of those fangirls.

"WHERE?!" She opened her eyes fully. Her facial expression changed when she realized Taylor Swift wasn't there, It hurt me a little that she was so disappointed. "Why would you do that?" She teared up. Oh shoot. I didn't mean for her to cry.

"I'm sorry. I thought- I just wanted you to wake up. I'm sorry." I hugged her. "Sorry." I kissed her neck a few times as an apology.

"It's okay." She brushed it off. "Why are we here?" 

"I made a picnic for us." I smiled. "Well, I didn't actually- Let's just go. I'm sure you're going to like it." I smiled. I got out of the car and get to the other side to open the door for her. 

"Thanks." She smiled. I interlocked our fingers together, and walked to the place Frankie described. Woah- it's beautiful. Woah- just wow. "This place is gorgeous, Josh." She looked around. There was a blanket with food with a few cushions and a basket with snacks. It was a small and cozy circle, covered by squared bushes. The bushes had golden led lights on them.

IT'S GAME TIME BISHES

You:

this place is amazing!
thank you guys!

Matt:

no worries =D
btw ur gonna pick up the whole mess :D

Frankie:

NOW GO GET YA GIRL AND COME BACK
OR DON'T COME BACK AT ALL!

Larry:

YES.

Sofia:

couldn't have said it better myself

Dara:

i hope you don't think we are joking because we 
absolutely
WON'T
let you in if you didn't make a move

Julia:

good luck, dummy

You:

alright😂
gotta go
i'll may or may not keep you guys updated

"What's all this for?" She turned to me.

"I wanted to spend some alone time with you." I smiled, sitting down.

"This is so sweet." She kissed me.

"There are PB&J sandwiches here, and orange juice." I said. "Do you want to eat?" 

"Yes, I'm starving." She answered.

"Ooh! There's ice cream here. I don't know how it didn't melt, but I'm down for it." I smiled.

"Dessert is at the end, Josh." She stopped me.

"But it's ice cream! It has chocolate fudge, and a cherry on top!" I complained. "You can crunch some oatmeal cookies and spread them there." I suggested.

"YES! We're skipping the meal and heading to the dessert." She agreed. I took out the ice cream.

"There's only one." I looked at her. "Sorry, this is mine." I pouted like a kindergartner. 

"Come on, there's 3 scoops!" She pointed out.

"Yes. They're all mine." I pulled the ice cream away.

"You're rude." She crossed her arms.

"Could be but I still have 3 scoops of ice cream in my hands." I smirked. She looked away. "Wait Liv, don't ignore me again. Here, you can eat it with me." I said, putting a spoon in her hand. "Livvy!" I yelled but she looked away from me. "Eat the whole thing, just come back to me." I shook her.

"Okay." She smiled, taking the big cup away from me. I'm so dumb, that's what she wanted in the first place.

"Wait- Can we share?" I asked softly, watching her eat a spoonful of it. It looked so tasty.

"Of course, I'm not a big meany." She rolled her eyes. I pulled our lips together, and after a couple of minutes pulled away.

"Am I still the big meany?" I whispered, a couple inches away from her face.

"Yes, Joshua Tease Bassett" She smirked, pecking me before going back to the ice cream. I took my spoon and somehow managed to get a whole scoop.

"This is what you get for calling me mea-" I stopped when I felt the cold ice cream on my leg.

"HA! Karma." She said.

"This isn't fair!" I laughed, trying to save the ice cream with the small spoon. It was worthless. "After this I'm buying a whole box of ice cream for myself."  I mumbled, while she laughed. "I'm just going to sadly eat my sandwich."

"You can have the rest of the ice cream." Her face softened.

"No, that's alright." I laughed it off. "Finish it." I kissed her. We talked for a while after that, it was already midnight. Then I felt my phone vibrate.

IT'S GAME TIME BISHES

Frankie:

just a reminder that she is still a minor
😁😁

Dara:

hahahaha

Matt:

don't be doin' anything your old pop's wouldn't allow!

Sofia:

Matt's southern accent-
i can't-

Larry:

hahahah

You:

I still haven't asked her.

maybe we should just cancel this whole thing,

you know?

Frankie:

NO
I DON'T WANNA HEAR 'YOU KNOW'
YOU GET THE GUTS
AND ASK HER TO BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND

Julia:

pop off Frankie!

Sofia:

but yeah.
DO IT!

"Who are you texting?" Liv asked me.

"Just Frankie." I turn my phone off. "I wrote something for you." I smiled, walking over to my car and pulling my guitar out. 

"You wrote a song for me?" She asked, with a smile forming on her face.

"I wrote thousands for you." I correct, making her blush. "But this one is special."

"Okay."

"Here it goes:

Let's pretend we're something more than
What we were
What we are

Just for now we'll pretend
To be flying away
Away

So take my hand for just this song
Let's both ignore where we went wrong
We hold this moment in our hands
We're holding out for one more dance
Grab my neck and pull me close
Kiss my lips on your tippy toes
My heart is yours to hold and have
My heart is yours, don't give it back" I finished. 

"And I'm going to do just that." She beamed, standing up in front of me. I put my guitar to the side and let her grab my neck and pull me close to her. She went on her tippy toes and gave me the sweetest kiss ever. 

"I feel so good that I didn't change that line." I laughed, holding her waist. "But beside that, we need to talk." I said, as my breath quickened. Why am I so scared?

"About what?" She looked at me, trying to read my facial expression.

"I've been meaning to ask you for a while now, but I've never actually had the courage to until now." I started, as I felt my heart beat out of my chest. We were still in front of each other, I had my hands on her waist and she had hers on my shoulders.

"I like you. I really like you. I go crazy every second I spend with you. I've never felt this way for anyone else but you just drive me nuts." I breathed out. "In- in a good way." I add, making her laugh emotionally.

Olivia's POV:

"Every second you spent with Ethan killed me. I knew I could be better than him in so many ways, but I also knew I needed to respect your relationship, so I took a step back and pretended not to care. You don't know how much I wanted to yell at that guy for not treating you how you're supposed to be." He had tears in his eyes, and so did I. "When you kissed me at the lake it killed me. I thought I'd outgrown my feelings for you but I was wrong.  It brought back all the memories good and bad, and I realized I don't want this to be over. I don't want us to be over. You're it. You the one for me." He paused. "Olivia, would you be my girlfriend?" He asked me, hesitant of what I was going to say next. I didn't even have to think twice.

"Yes." I nodded with tears in my eyes. "Yes!" I hugged him. "A million times!" I wrapped my legs around his waist. I love him.

"OLIVIA ISABEL RODRIGO IS MY GIRLFRIEND!" He yelled, holding my thighs so I wouldn't fall off him.

"JOSHUA TEASE BASSETT IS MY BOYFRIEND!" I yelled as well.

"That nickname is a keeper, isn't it?" He laughed.

"Yup." I beamed, hugging him tighter.

"I finally get to call you mine." He smirked, pulling our lips together. Sure, we've kissed and made out a couple of times but this one was different. We kept it going for a few minutes, until we both ran out of air.

"Now we have to go back to Julia's and thank Frankie, Matt and Larry because they all helped me with this." He laughed.

"Can we stay here a little bit more?" I asked him. "I want some silence before all the screams and yells."

"Sure." He smiled, sitting back down, placing me on his lap. We sang quietly together for a few minutes.

"I just remembered we have to film the big long speech Ricky gives Nini at the end of episode 10 tomorrow. Babe, we need to get going." He frowned.

"Babe." I blushed, pointing out the nickname he gave me.

"It just slipped out." He blushed. "Sorry." He apologized. 

"We're dating. You don't have to apologize." I turned around and laughed at his sweetness.

"Oh, right." He bushed, hiding his face on my neck.

"Alright, let's go." I pecked his cheek before I got up.

"That's all I get?" He asked offended. "I'm your boyfriend, I deserve more than a kiss on the cheek!" He laughed.

"Right!" I rolled my eyes before I kissed him.

"That's better." He smirked. We cleaned the place up and headed back to Julia's.

"Wanna mess with them?" He asked, as we reached her apartment.

"How?" I laughed.

"Pretending I didn't say anything and we just hung out." He said. "I bet you they have a freaking party already."

"Okay. Let's mess with them, then." I laughed. We reached the door and knocked on it, walking a few steps away from each other.

"GUYS THEY'RE HERE!" Julia yelled, opening the door for us.

"FINALLY! IT WAS ABOUT TIME YOU GUYS TOOK ANOTHER STEP!" Frankie yelled as we walked in.

"What?" I laughed.

"JOLIVIA FOREVER! How do you feel now that you're dating?" Frankie calmed down.

"Guys-" Josh started.

"Dating?!" I looked at Josh shocked. I wanted to laugh so bad. Everyone's face was priceless.

"You guys just hung out?" Dara asked, hiding the huge poster they made, saying 'JOLIVIA ENDGAME'

"Yeah." I answered. "Josh, what's going on?" I asked him.

"Uh, they- um... they lost their cool." He stuttered. "I don't know why you guys would think I would ask out Liv!" He smiled falsely at them.

"But you said-" Larry stopped, when he realized it would make the situation worse.

"What did you say, Josh?" I asked him, curious.

"I uh, I said... 'Let's mess with them now that we're dating'." He smirked at the rest. They were all so confused.

"WAIT-" Frankie understood. "YOU GUYS ARE DATING!" He jumped on the couch. 

"I hate you guys so much for doing that!" Matt laughed. "I really thought we messed everything up!" 

"I was about to have a heart attack!" Sofia breathed out. Hahahahaha.

"Same girl!" Julia said, walking over to Sofia. 

"I want all the details!" Frankie sat down on the couch. The rest joined him on the couch. It was like story time at the library. Hahaha. I looked over at Josh while he was explaining what happened. Did I ever tell you guys he's so hot?

"We bought cake." Larry showed us a small cake that said 'Jolivia Endgame.' 

"More like, Frankie begged for cake." Matt corrected him. We laughed, and ended up playing some game Matt and Frankie got from target. I guess they weren't lying about that after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 451 15
๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ ๐œ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž โ†ฆ ๐Ž๐‹๐ˆ๐•๐ˆ๐€ ๐‘๐Ž๐ƒ๐‘๐ˆ๐†๐Ž is a superstar, her personal affairs being quiet. after a...
51.9K 1.7K 34
-๐Ž๐ ๐’๐“๐€๐†๐„ ๐‘Ž ๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘๐‘˜๐‘ฆ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘˜ ๐‘œ๐‘› ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘–๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘‘๐‘ข๐‘โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘ ๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘  ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ...
48.8K 1.2K 23
So. Josh has a girlfriend. And Olivia likes Josh. I wonder what could happen. Well it's a fanfiction, so it's most likely going to be full of love...
9.8K 150 27
"I just want to say...I'm sorry...for everything" Olivia said on live TV shocking every listener so what happens when ex lover Joshua Bassett hears t...