Hetalia rarepair oneshots - R...

By nameless_entity

I just want to practice writing and I enjoy rare pairs. Send in requests. Do I need to say I don't own hetali... More

Requests open
Ruscan (Russia x Canada) Days off and little siblings
Polhun (Poland x Hungary) Nothing more than friends
Amechu (America x China) Magical love PART 1
PART 2 Amechu Magical Love
Rusind (Russia x India) Rainy Picnic
Belapan (Belarus x Japan) Ghosts in the Rain
Ruscan (Russia x Canada) The Thing About Coming Out
Pruind (Prussia x India) A Little Break from Dancing
Cucan (Cuba x Canada) The Ghosts of Halloween
Homophobic waiter x Ludwig - Valentine's night (crack fic lol)
AusEng (Austria x England) Café Dates after School

GerGre (Germany x Greece) Some days are just meant for relaxing

121 7 6
By nameless_entity

Request one: Germany x Greece

(A ship chosen by myself because season 7 of Hetalia came out before anyone commented.)

-----

Somewhat inspired by the first episode of season 7 but not necessarily spoilers.

Wait yeah this is probably spoilers.

At the time I'm publishing this, 4/3/2021, the first episode English subbed of season 7 is available on FUNimation for the US. There are also some less legal but cheaper ways to watch it if you look in the right places.

-----

May have minor historical inaccuracies, but this is a Hetalia fanfic so what did you expect.

-----

     Germany stood before the door of Greece's house. The most recent world meeting had been unfortunately (and expectedly) unproductive, leaving the nations to depart before they could solve the issue of getting Greece out of debt. Perhaps the worst part was none of the ideas anyone thought of could really fix Greece's debt- not movies, not patrons, and definitely not erasing the concept of debt itself! (What was Greece even thinking when he suggested that?)

     Some days, if things really needed to get done, Germany had to take it into his own hands. That, and his boss suggested that he do so. It was still work, but just being in the nation of Greece felt nice to Germany, as if he was on a vacation. Although work was important, Germany couldn't deny a nice vacation some days, and Greece was such a warm and beautiful place to visit. Greece had actually let him vacation there before and it was wonderful. Unproductive, but wonderful.

     But to return to the real reason why Germany was there, this was a visit for work. Nothing more, nothing less. There would be no distractions, no unrelated chit-chat, no vacations- no matter how appealing they sounded! Reminding himself of that, Germany knocked on Greece's door.

     Knock knock.

     ...

     Knock knock.

     ...

     "Hallo? Greece? It's me, Germany. I'm here to help you with your debt like we discussed last meeting."

     There was still no response.

     Knock knock. "Griechenland, are you in there?"

     Where could Greece be? When Germany pulled him aside in the meeting, he made sure to explain he wanted to talk again to Greece about this. He emailed him about their bosses' idea a few days ago and even called yesterday to make sure their plans were okay. Greece had said he would be okay to meet and would be ready at this time, so what happened?

     Suddenly, Germany could hear the sounds of footsteps from inside the house. They were a bit uneven and slow, but, soon enough, the door had opened to reveal a very sleepy Greece.

     "Guten Nachmittag, Greece," Germany said. Good, Greece was awake and at home. He didn't look ready for their meeting, but this was much better than Greece not being home at all.

     "Hm? Καλημέρα, Γερμανία," Greece yawned in a way that could almost be described as endearing. His yawn turned into a sleepy smile that gave Germany a nervous feeling in his stomach. But he was here for business, not personal reasons, so he pushed those feelings away. He had no reason to be nervous (that was definitely what he was feeling, couldn't be anything else), it was just a small meeting. Just the two of them. Alone. Discussing debt.

     Business was business. Nothing more, nothing less.

     Germany began to explain himself, getting straight to the point. "Greece, I'm here to discuss how to solve your debt-"

     "Ah, yes, that..." Greece said, as if in deep thought. "Please, come inside. I think more difficult problems like this should be solved in comfort," he said, opening the door wider and stepping aside to let Germany in.

     "Thank you," Germany replied as he entered. There was a cat sitting in the entryway that stirred as he walked by, and more seemed to appear out of nowhere the farther he went into the house (which was not very far at all). Windows poured light into the rooms, the white paint brightening the home. The furniture wasn't anything extravagant, but it went well with the layout and colors, making it seem as if Greece had put a lot of thought into how his house looked.

     Had he? He always seemed to be thinking, but Germany could never guess what or why.

     (The house made Germany feel like it was a summer day where the air was just the right kind of warm, the type of day where a gentle breeze followed you wherever you went, the whole nature of the house and the country itself felt like a perfect day for a vacation...)

     But, back to business- that was what Germany was here for. No distractions, no daydreaming about summer, no vacations. Work needed to be done now since it hadn't been completed at the meeting.

     Greece led Germany to his table. "Take a seat," he offered as he sat down.

     Germany followed suit. "Thank you for agreeing to meet with me here today, Greece," he said, starting with the formalities. Business was always to be something formal and treated with respect, so being polite (at least at the start of the meeting) was often important. Germany pulled some documents and files he brought with him concerning Greece's situation. "Now we are both aware of your situation involving debt and I think we both need to seriously consider how you will fix this problem. I have created a list of potential solutions, including those from previous world meetings, and I would like to go over them with you and get you started on your own research."

     "Does this include getting rid of the concept of debt?"

     "No," Germany frowned. "Now, number one, increasing productivity at work. You work longer hours than many of us nations, but you take so many breaks that you ultimately are still less productive than us. Taking less breaks may increase productivity as well as profits"

     Greece laid his head on the table. "It's hard enough to wake up and work, how am I supposed to work that long and not take breaks?"

     "I would suggest making a strict schedule and planning every hour of the day thoroughly. It's what I do, and it works fine," Germany offered.

     "But don't you ever want to take a break?" Greece asked.

     "Yes, I do," Germany said, "but I need to keep working hard for the sake of my people."

     "But don't you deserve to take a break? You always work so hard," Greece pressed. "Perhaps you are overdue for a vacation..."

     A vacation! It sounds so lovely, but Germany can't give in now. "I cannot rest until my work is complete."

     Greece tilted his head. "Work can never be complete for nations like us. Since we live forever, there will always be new problems to solve. Why would you decide something like that if it meant you can never rest? Just a few hours off wouldn't hurt your people."

     "I suppose you're right..." Germany considered. "But what about your debt?"

     Greece waved the thought away as if it were a fly. "That's my issue to deal with, and it's not too bad at the moment." Greece stood up and offered his hand to Germany. "Come on, just rest with me for a few hours. It would be good for the both of us."

     "Like as business partners?"

     "Sure, as business partners if you would like."

     Germany took Greece's hand. "As long as it's only a few hours and you promise to talk about your debt afterwards."

     Greece smiled. "I promise."

     That same jittery and fluttery feeling returned in Germany's stomach. Was it because he wasn't doing his work? But Greece said he was fine and he looked so happy... It should be left to be dealt with later- Germany was taking a break now, after all. "Then lead the way," said Germany.

-----

     Germany awoke a few hours later with something warm around him and something soft beneath him. He and Greece had looked around town for a while. It was lovely to see more of Greece and to see more of his smile. Like most nations, he was quite proud of how his country looked. But, per usual, Greece had grown tired and suggested for the two of them to return to his house.

     It didn't exactly explain how Germany ended up in Greece's bed, the two of them lying there together and holding each other...

     Germany sat up with a start. Greece, although he was asleep, still had his arms wrapped around Germany. Even if this wasn't the first time Germany had strangely woken up to a fellow nation holding him in his sleep, it still wasn't very welcome. He was about to yell at Greece (for his lack of professionalism, for being asleep during their meeting, for holding him so gently), when Greece shifted in his sleep. He looked so peaceful and somehow even more relaxed than usual. When Greece subconsciously nuzzled his face into Germany's side as he pulled him closer, Germany's complaints died on his tongue. The sleeping man was like a piece of art, something so beautiful that it should not be touched, not even to wake up for their meeting.

     It's not like Greece was doing anything wrong anyways- they were just on break anyways, nothing more, nothing less. A nap together hadn't done any harm, nor would it hurt for Germany to go back to sleep and hold Greece again. They deserved a break, right?

     Once again, Germany fell into Greece's trap of rest, breaks, and vacation.

     Nothing was achieved that day, no debt was fixed, but some days are just meant for relaxing.

-----

Translations:

Hallo: Hello (German)

Griechenland: Greece (German)

Guten Nachmittag: Good afternoon (German)

Καλημέρα, Γερμανία: Good morning, Germany (Greek)

-----

Author's notes:

     I hope that was okay... these two have such a wonderful relationship in the manga and I wasn't able to capture it all, but e h I suppose this will have to do. For the translations, Greece says good morning to Germany instead of good afternoon because he just woke up, even though this scene is set after noon.

     (The art used for this chapter was sketched by myself. I didn't know what to do with my style, so I just tried to mimic Mr. Hima's from memory.)

     I do not own Hetalia.

     Thank you for reading! Feel free to leave requests. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 3.4K 64
A college going girl.. 👩 She is sweet and innocent always helping others... A guy in her college... She was always having crush on him from the very...
14.6K 552 26
روايه اماراتيه تتكلم عن مثايل وحيده امها وابوها الي عانت من الم الانفصال الام : نوره الاب : محمد تاريخ الكتابه : 19/3/2023 تاريخ التنزيل : ..
202K 4.5K 67
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
92K 2.3K 34
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...