loverboy- schlattbur oneshots...

By youmeltedme

"are you coming?" "why are you making this sexual?!" "what do you mean? i just want to know if you're coming... More

information / requests
yours, forever
parties are overrated
new years
strangers
pouring
black and white
sun and earth
didnt turn back
the end of this book.

summer nights

1.5K 47 47
By youmeltedme

hello !
real quick,
thank you all for 4k+ reads! you guys+your positivity towards this story continuously encourages me to keep writing. 💞💞
i haven't been the most consistent with updating, and i'm sorry for that. schoolwork keeps piling on and i've been having pretty bad writers block. so sorry for the month break!

also, i know the ending weeks of march was harsh on the mcyt(?) community in general.
please remember to drink water and eat, take care of yourselves and check in on your friends/you.

also, i had a question!

what would you guys think if i started to write AU oneshots? i know what i've got going on here is pretty realistic, (being like spending new years together, etc) but i've been feeling trying to write something new? let me know if that's something you guys would like to read :]

anyways, thank you for reading so far!💞

prompt: a hot summer afternoon.
category: fluff

"comeeeeee on!!!"

a blur.
a wistful blur of a freshly washed blue sweater, brown pants and rather worn converse.

he grabbed my hand. he hadn't done that- yet. he just hadn't done that. was that something he could do?
dragging me. the pavement- it's hot against my shoes. the sun is setting but continues to beat its persistent rays onto my face.

both of my hands. he's now just got both of them, like he's to rob them from me. he grips my fingers, tracing their every crease.

"come on, let's try this flavor."

i nod. i'm shocked. happy.
i never thought i would be here, in this moment.

... he speaks to the guy at the register, ordering some flavor of ice cream. i feel hot, but so cold.

...

...

"schlatt?" he calls, not the guy at the register, but the crazy one- the one gripping onto my hands.
wilbur.

we sit down, at a nearby setup table.

"are you okay?" he asks, aiming to look directly in my eyes.

"it's hotttt." i groan, moving my hand to my eyes so i could block out the sun.

"it's 6pm. the suns setting, it'll get cold soon enough."
he lets go of my hands?

i have to remind myself where i am for a moment—i was lost in the heat and this absolute blur of a man. we were at a set-up market along the roads of downtown austin.

"schlatt, you don't look so great." wilbur starts to get up from the folding chair he was sitting on- sitting across from schlatt. "let me get you some water."

"wha," schlatt started.

"it's free." wilbur pointed to a sign at the ice cream set up shop. schlatt slowly moved his eyes to read it.

free water for those who have bought ice cream! it read, in bolded letters plastered over a poster board.

before schlatt could protest, mans was already back with 2 water bottles.

"you are one blur of a man." schlatt groaned, opening the bottle of dasani. it wasn't even cold.

"thank you, j." wilbur giggled a bit, opening his own and taking a desperate drink.
wilbur had started to call schlatt j. didn't know why. he didn't hate it— out of all the creative things wilbur had made him— it was better than pretty princess.

schlatt admired wilbur for a moment- and just how the golden sun shined upon his messy curls and defined eyes.

"you are down bad." wilbur mumbled, a smirk spread on his face.

schlatt immediately snapped out of his weird trance to see wilbur was staring back. he saw the trace of a sly smirk- and immediately sat in confusion and embarrassment— for a reason he couldn't place.

"w-what the fuck does that mean?" schlatt combatted.

wilburs smirk only grew into a smile. "oh, nothing."

the man at the register called wilbur's name, signaling he had the ice cream. so he promptly got up and went to collect it.
"sorry sir, we ran out of the flavor you and your boyfriend wanted, so we got the closest thing."

wilbur smiled. "oh don't worry about it." then he paused. "b-boyfriend?"

the man gave him a quizzical look.

"oh, uh, he's not my boyfriend." wilbur choked out, and the man gave an apologetic shrug before paying attention to another customer.

i wish he was.

when wilbur made it back, schlatt had already downed the water.
"you want another one?" wilbur asked, slightly raising an eyebrow that was laced with amused concern.

"no," schlatt chuckled. "i'm good on water."
so wilbur handed him the ice cream cone, almost dropping it in the process, before sitting down.

"what kind of fucky flavor is this?" schlatt asked before even trying it. "i know me and i know i would not get this." he held the cone with suspicion, inspecting the color of the ice cream.

"do you now?" wilbur bantered, not bothering to tell him they didn't actually order it.

"yes, wil. yes!" he then shrieked. "is this a rock!?" schlatt held out a small black crumb of something.

wilbur laughed. "that's a chocolate chip."

schlatts eyebrows remained furrowed at this newfound and mysterious flavor.

after some silence, wilbur decided to keep up the banter.
"are you seriously scared of ice cream?"

schlatt gave him a joking frown. "i'm scared of what's in it."

wilbur groaned, and took the cone from his hand. "scared its poison?"

"quite frankly, wil, yes."

"okay." wilbur protested, and licked a side of it.

schlatt tensed, grounding his posture. "WILBUR!"

all that came in response was a fit of laughter from wilbur, who just found the meaning of comedy by licking your crush's ice cream.

"oh my fucking god, you absolute criminal!" schlatt shrieked, although he wasn't truly bothered, but acted like it.
he grabbed the ice cream from wilbur and ate it in defeat. even the part wilbur had licked.

"y-" will struggled to form words from his amusement. "you're eating it," he inhaled, collecting himself. "you're eating it though!"

"UNWILLINGLY" schlatt brought his face to a sad, disappointed look. although they both knew he wasn't unwillingly eating it and wasn't actually disappointed in will's actions.

wilbur was calming down until he found a smudge of ice cream on his nose.
schlatt had stuck his finger in his scoop of ice cream, reached over the table, and flicked wilburs nose— leaving ice cream on it.

it only caused a fit of laughter from both of them. wilbur was just plainly amused, while schlatt was enraptured by him and laughed at his own stealth.

the hot summer air beat down on wilburs back, leaving nervous sweat along the back of his neck. laughing with schlatt in austin, wondering where to go from here and if there even was somewhere to go.

he wasn't wearing his go-to new york hat. (wilbur was—he had stolen it from him an hour ago and schlatt made no protest to get it back) his brown hair flowed with the movement of his head, and every now and then he would run his hand through it.

his eyes were squinted, since he was facing the sun. he was blushing, and clearly flustered. he hadn't seen this side of schlatt- vulnerable.
to an extent.

schlatt has always played stone cold, and hard.
hard to get.
but outside of youtube, twitch, podcasts—you name it— he was nice and gentle. always kinder and not as one-road paved.
but wilbur had never seen him this playful. he looked like he wanted this moment to last forever, and so did wilbur.

schlatt finished his ice cream, eating the cone and everything.
"it's my turn to ask if your okay." schlatt spoke, eyeing wilbur with concern.

"i'm good." wilbur smiled gently. "where to?"

they both stood from the table, wilbur not completely done; but he would eat whilst walking.

"what if i took you 'round austin?"

wilbur smirked. "you've been here for barely 6 months."

"doesn't mean i don't know the place." schlatt combatted, hands in his pockets.

wilbur had to record a few songs tonight with his buddy who lived down here, and he knew he wouldn't have time to have schlatt "tour" him around.
but. . .

putting all thought and reason aside, wilbur nodded with an excited grin, feelings and rebellion gifting him some extra pep in his step.
"take me 'round austin, lover boy."

"lover boy? what kind of-"

wilbur shushed him. his questions were ruining his rebellious high.

<>

it was around 8pm, and schlatt had shown wilbur his favorite restaurants and hangout spots in downtown austin. wilbur liked walking around like this, the heat simmering down, his hands somehow intertwined with schlatts—in which he had no clue when or how that happened— and the roar of the cars calming into a slow hum as the day grows to an end.

"should we head back to my place?" schlatt asked, unsure of whether wilbur wanted to go to his or schlatts. "or want me to drop you off?"

wilbur considered his options for a moment, sipping a milkshake from the nearby DQ.

wilbur had so much to do. he had to record, eat, go to a friends, go the the bank and the store...but when he was with schlatt...time seemed like a myth. an illusion. something you could ignore like your neighbors dog barking, or the birds chirping.

"i'd like to check out your place." wilbur laughed a bit, noticing for the first time their hands interlocked.

schlatt shrugged. "okay. just a warning, it's probably messy. we're still moving in the big things like furniture and stuff."

wilbur nodded. "i'm sure of the precautions."

schlatt smiled. "let's hope so. cant have you falling everywhere and breaking that pretty neck of yours."

"pretty neck?" wilbur shrieked, jokingly. "you've got a neck fetish!"

"oh jesus, it was a joke!" schlatt groaned into his free hand, furthermore realizing what wilbur had before— his left hand holding will's right. how had he not noticed?

wilbur eyed him with an idea.
"a joke?" wilburs voice quieted. "wasnt that funny," and his voice slowly found its way closer to schlatts ear.

"more intriguing..." he laughed, and schlatt could swear to god he felt his vocal chords vibrate even though they weren't touching. "more inviting."

a moment of them close like that stayed, frozen in time, wilbur staring into schlatts eyes. to schlatt, wilbur was warm and welcoming, and he almost found himself leaning closer— seeking the honey yellow and sunset orange warmth wilbur and his lips emitted.

no!

"ok, you fuckin weirdo." schlatt pushed him away, a smile and a blush plastered all over his face. he pushed him away in time— a second later, someone was gonna lean in. which one? who knows.

wilbur was dying, because for the second time
today, he found the meaning of comedy.
"your jokes suck compared to mine." schlatt added.

it wasn't a joke.

"it wasn't a joke" wilbur said, voice raspy and emphasized.

schlatt paused. their hands let go of each other- initiated by schlatt.

"you find me intriguing?"

silence, but the beat of the crickets and the roar of an occasional passing car.

"sure, i do." wilbur said, amusement further drained from his voice.

silence, yet again. but it wasn't suffocating....it was surrounded by warm summer air and the beat of nature's sound.

"you find me inviting?"
schlatt inched nearer, even though wilbur was so close to just pushing him against that damn tree behind them.

"i find you suggestive." wilbur laughed, and the romantic tension in the air dissipated as he straightened his form. the chance of wilbur pushing schlatt against the tree and kissing him lowered to 0%.

i was silly for thinking he would do such thing. this is just satire. why did i think like that?
schlatt began to beat himself up as they began to walk back, but lesser so when wilburs hand found his again.

eventually, though it seemed like forever, the two had made it to schlatt's car.
wilbur climbed into the passenger, as schlatt the driver seat. as he turned the car on and the radio followed, suddenly...a very familiar song began to play on the pre-set radio channel.

life isn't quite what i thought it'd be
when i was a kid on the VOIP

schlatt began to burst out in intentional laughter, hands gripping the wheel to keep him upright. wilbur joined him in his laughter, but was mostly shocked one of his songs made it to american radio.

"noooo!" wilbur yelled, hands on his face. schlatt continued to giggle and sing between blips of laughter whilst driving.

"i swear to god schlatt-" wilbur whined with a prominent blush on his face, that seemed to brighten every time schlatt looked over at him. "this song follows me everywhere."

light hearted jokes and laughs filled the atmosphere of the car until the ride home. blushes plastered on both of their faces, their minds wandered to separate universes in which they both had unearthly confidence.

they finally made it to schlatts house, and it was definitely late.
"you can just stay here," schlatt shrugged. "i'm sure connor's knocked out by now."

wilbur nodded, hands in his pockets. "you guys..have a spare?"

"oh, yeah," schlatt laughed. "we do. it's this way," and schlatt led him down the hallway into a spare bedroom. the bed had grey sheets and black pillows, it obviously hadn't been used in a while.

"okay, thank you j."

schlatt giggled with the return of the nickname.
"goodnight, wilbur."

"night, schlatt."

<>

it was around 1-2 am and wilbur had still been scrolling on his phone, insomnia working it's cruel magic.
checking pointless posts on instagram, answering texts and discord messages, and giggling at ridiculous videos on tik tok.

finally, he had turned off his phone and rolled over in bed, until his ringer went off. he assumed it was tommy or so, since it was probably 10-11am in england.

so he checked the text, deciding this was his final glance at his phone.

jshit
go to bed nimrod

wilbur stifled a laugh with his hand. schlatt? seriously? how did he even know?

wimblur
i can't sleep, you hypocrite

jshit
aww baby wilby
is it the sheets? are you uncomfy?

wimblur
nono, you treat me enough
just insomnia

jshit
come up here + join me

there was a long pause before wilburs anticipated response. come up here and join me.
wilbur began to sub-consciously dissect the text. schlatt was always blunt, as a joke usually. what if wilbur did go up there, walk up all those stairs in pitch black darkness, only to be greeted with a cackling schlatt and shooed back down?

wimblur
what?

jshit
i'm sure i could read you a bedtime story😘

wilburs predictions were sadly correct; complete joke. at least he texted questioning the authenticity, or he would've blindly fallen into an ego-demolishing trap.

wimblur
ok, g'night schlatt

jshit
wait no, i was serious! come up here. you should know where my room is?

wimblur
possibly

jshit
i won't rest until you do.
then i'll be pissy in the morning and you'll know who's fault that'll be

wilbur rolled his eyes at the text. he did in fact know how pissy schlatt got when he was low on sleep. he was like a coin; only two sided. flirtatious or angry.

so, slowly, like a bird migrating, he climbed out of the bed and it's suddenly cozy sheets and flicked on the flashlight on his phone.
as he walked through the main bit of the house to get to the staircase, connor and schlatt's cat jambo had just jumped directly in front of his feet. he had to force himself to not let out a yelp of immediate fear.

"jesus." he huffed, and continued on his journey—as quiet as possible— up the stairs.
and eventually, he made it to the white door that was schlatt's room.

he hovered for a moment, listening to see if he was watching something and seeing if it was dark. his heartbeat increased as air caught in his throat. he didn't dare question why he was so nervous, for he already knew the answer.

he knocked, two gentle taps with the bone on his index finger— on his door before entering.

"schlatt?"
the room was completely dark except for a phone screen, emitting just enough light to illuminate schlatt's face. he had his right arm behind his head against his pillow and his left hand holding his phone.
at the sound of wilbur and the sight of him & his flashlight, he looked up immediately.

"you actually came." he mumbled, his voice groggy as if he just woke.

wilbur nodded, standing in the doorway clutching to his phone. he tried his hardest not to shake too visibly.

after a moment, schlatt sat up and raised an eyebrow. he flicked on the lamp on his bedside table.
"you look like you're about to tell your mom you threw up. come in here." schlatt giggled a bit, as amused as you could get at 2am.

"i'm not an ipad kid." wilbur groaned, taking a few steps to the bed before schlatt held out his hand to help him into bed.

"you act like one."

"i do not."

the rustling of bedsheets was heard before schlatt sat up again.
"you fucker,, didn't even close my door!"

wilbur groaned and hopped up again, closing his door with a gentle click as to not wake connor.
after that, he hopped right under the bedsheets that smelled like schlatt. if wilbur was a worse man he would say that's his paradise.

it took a moment and an awkward silence, but as the expected trope came on, schlatt wrapped his arms around wilbur.

"goodnight will." he mumbled, and wilbur could feel his breath upon his forehead.

wilbur laughed a tiny bit. "already? you forgot to turn the light off."

"fuck you."

he released wilbur, rolled over, and turned off the lamp that he had turned on a minute or two ago.
he then rolled back over, wrapped his arms around wilbur with a sense of familiarity, and re-said his noble goodnight line.

except wilbur wouldn't have that. he had came all this way in the dark while almost tripping over the cat. he had been waiting for so long for a sliver of a hint, an extremely uncommon and appropriate minuscule moment to take a shot in the dark.
literally.

so he moved his body up to even with schlatt, so they were each laying to where they were facing each other. schlatts eyes were closed, preparing and thinking it was, yknow, time for some shut eye.

and wilbur gently leaned forward, planting a careful and heavily-thought over kiss on his relaxed lips.
a flavorful moment he had been waiting what felt like eons to do. a moment that would go on in his brain for years.

the moment that marked a beginning, far from an end.

schlatt smiled and giggled, joy and amateur love filling both of their brains.
"good night, schlatt."

"can we get ice cream again tomorrow?"

"oh my god."

/-/

an: thank you for reading! this one is way longer than what i usually write so i hope that didn't ruin the essence of it :)
also, again, sorry for the immense pause in uploading. blame school, pls

also, my friend found my account😭 it took an immense amount of convincing, but she hopefully shouldn't be reading this (if you are, hello n) so i also just paused this chapter in embarrassment
(i will continue to write this book)

anyways, remember to drink water and have an amazing day.

-i💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 186 9
We got SBI, Ranboo, Tubbo Come get your content Mostly angst, fluff, hurt/comfort READ THE A/N at the beginning for warnings/rules! marked as complet...
52.2K 1.6K 36
Monsters aren't evil just misunderstood Started: 1/1/2021 Finished: 4/12/2021 Edited: 10/25 Disclaimer: I only own the plot.....that all.. I don't ow...
18.3K 258 12
CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT !! REFER TO THE TRIGGER WARNINGS AT THE TOP OF EACH CHAPTER !! Welcome to just another MCYT angst one-shot book! I hope you'...
9.1K 376 36
[discontinued] ◇REQUESTS OPEN◇ Credits will be given :D Mostly TommyInnit oneshots, most of them are angst. Trigger warnings are written at the begi...