FIX ME

By kamehamebabe

Excerpt from one chapter: Heejun had always thought that Phillip has brain damage. Imagine kissing a girl you... More

FIX ME CHAPTER 1
FIX ME CHAPTER 2
FIX ME CHAPTER 3
FIX ME CHAPTER 4
FIX ME CHAPTER 5
FIX ME CHAPTER 6
FIX ME CHAPTER 7
FIX ME CHAPTER 8
FIX ME CHAPTER 9
FIX ME CHAPTER 10
FIX ME CHAPTER 11
FIX ME CHAPTER 12
FIX ME CHAPTER 13
FIX ME CHAPTER 14
FIX ME CHAPTER 15
Q and A with Heejun's Brain-- Fix Me Extra Chapter

FIX ME CHAPTER 16 --- FINALE

865 18 28
By kamehamebabe

Chapter 16: "Let's Fight for the Right to Fall in Love"

This is the only chapter with a title and it came from one of Jay's tweets. :)

Long AN: This fanfiction is written mainly to satisfy PhilJess hearts and has no influence to the real lives of the characters. :)

This is it! Thanks for sticking with me 'til the end. Hope you'll enjoy this last chapter. I literally poured my heart out. This is a 'feel good' chapter. You'll know why in awhile after reading my rants.

Shout out to Duchess of Clarence again for inspiring me to write Fix Me. I love you, Duchess. :) Shout out to my meanies- Aira, Princess, Aleli. =) Shout out to the Blujays; Philatics; ColtJess, JayAndre, TeamBrat, and PhilJess shippers who became my Twitter and FB friends, then became my real-life friends. Won't enumerate the names here; might forget someone. Love yah, guys. You know who you are. See you soon! =)

Shoutout to callingmagz too. A part of this was inspired by your PhilJess- Terrified Youtube video. :) Here's the link to the amazing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmrTbmtDHsQ

This chapter is still unedited. BTW, if you want a copy of Fix Me (edited), message me with your email ad and I'll send a PDF. Might be a week or two though because I will still edit my own chapters. :)

If you don't like the idea of PhilJess, please don't read so we can spare some hate. Thank you. :)

---

"Excuse me, Mr. Phillip Phillips, are you referring to... Ms. Jessica Sanchez?" A reporter finally asked after a brief period of shock. He asked it with obvious doubt in his voice, but his gaze was steady, waiting for Phillip to either deny or confirm it.

One by one, and slowly, the reporters seemed to recover as they all looked from Phillip, who is in front, to Jessica, who stood looking shocked at the back with Heejun and Deandre. Heejun had an amused look on his face, while Deandre looked doubtful and hopeful at the same time. They were a sight to behold.

There was silence once again as all eyes settled on Phillip. His ex-girlfriend looked pale beside him and his publicist has a look of utter horror on her face.

Phillip ignored them; his gaze still intent on Jessica's face. He can feel his heart beating erratically. He is scared. Terrified. He didn't mean to put sudden pressure on her, but he just couldn't deny the truth anymore. Everybody needs to know how he feels for Jessica. He's done enough pretending. They have done enough pretending. It's about time to let everyone know what he really feels; to who he is really in love with.

Phillip patiently waited for Jessica's reaction. He can still take this back if she isn't ready for his revelation. After all, the media is already used to his diversionary tactics. Another one won't hurt. Or so he hopes.

Come on, Jessica. Please give me a sign. Just a tiny, little sign that you are ready for this. Please, please... Phillip begged silently, still looking at her, but to no avail. Jessica was pale and still unmoving.

Phillip hopefully glanced at Heejun, but his best friend isn't cooperating and is now pretending to gaze into the ceiling.

What a brat. Phillip thought. And as if Heejun heard his mind-talk, he looked at Phillip with a triumphant smirk on his face as if telling him "this is all you. I won't help you, you idiot". Phillip can just hear Heejun's taunting voice in his head.

The little twit. Phillip thought. He then glanced towards the other guy. Phillip was desperate.

Fortunately, Deandre seemed a little helpful. After seeing the nonverbal exchange between Heejun and Phillip, Deandre met Phillip's eyes. Without Phillip saying anything, Deandre gave Jessica a little nudge with his elbow. Jessica shifted a bit, but her eyes are still glazed over. Phillip sighed.

After a few more seconds of waiting, Jessica was still in shock and hasn't responded. Phillip took a deep breath and he turned his attention towards the media, who were all patiently waiting for his answer. They all look like vultures ready to snatch their prey.

"Yes... it's Jessica Sanchez," he softly admitted, his voice sounding disappointed because of Jessica's lack of response. As if the media expected his answer, there were no expressions of surprise among them anymore. But the silence was still there. It's as if they are waiting for Phillip's further explanation. 

And explain, he did, much to the mortification of the woman seated beside him. His ex-girlfriend looked green in the face. His head publicist was sporting the same look. But at the moment, Phillip doesn't really care anymore. He started this; he'll make sure to end this. And if he can help it, he was vying for the 'happy ever after' ending.

"It didn't happen abruptly, yah know," Phillip started with a light tone. He wants to explain this in a proper way to make the media understand how it happened. "It really started as a special friendship. Not the romantic type though. Just a very special friendship between two different people," he admitted with a smile on his face as he bravely gazed at the crowd of journalists. "It started during the final two. I mean I started to feel something for her way before that, but it was still so vague back then. My feelings became a little bit during the finals, but as you can see, I did not do anything because it was still confusing."

No one said anything, but they were still all looking at him with interest; their recorders on their hands. Phillip took a deep breath and continued.

"I... I was in denial. After all, I have someone who loves me and I believe I love her too back then," Phillip said, gazing briefly at his ex-girlfriend. She gave him a small smile, which he returned. Even though he is in love with someone else now, Phillip had loved her. He owed a lot to her.

"This is quite cheesy, man," Phillip said, getting pink in the face, "but I couldn't stop my heart from feeling what it needs to feel anymore. My mouth can lie; my mind can lie; but my heart cannot. I couldn't stop it from falling in love with a very special girl." He whispered the last part, but the smile remained on his face, his gaze suddenly far, as if reminiscing.

"We've been through so many tough times together, Jessica and I," he said. "I knew there will be complications if I pursue with my feelings. She's young and barely legal. And as you can see, I'm an old, old man." His last statement elicited a few laughs from the audience, but no one dared talked. It's as if they all have a silent agreement to let Phillip finally bare his heart out.

And bare his heart out, he did. Phillip suddenly has verbal diarrhea. He couldn't stop talking, much to the delight of the hungry press.

"I tried so very hard to ignore her, to deny my feelings for her. I hurt her so much because of my stubbornness. But you know, every time I hurt her, I hurt myself twice in the process. Because it literally destroys my heart seeing her cry because of my stupidity. Yes, I am stupid. Stupid enough to deny this for so long. A friend of mine kept telling me what an idiot I am and I didn't listen to him," he admitted. Phillip heard a gasp from the back, which he knows is from Jessica, but he did not look at her this time. He knows he will get distracted if he did and he needs to say everything because he might not have another chance. Phillip also heard a snort, which was probably from Heejun, and a chuckle, which was probably from Deandre.  

Phillip continued to look at the press people. "I am so tired of denying my feelings. So here I am telling ya'll how I feel about Jessica Sanchez. I love her. I am in love with her. If she'll allow me, I'm never letting her go."

His last statement was said so strongly that it finally seemed to awaken the media from their temporary stupor. One of them raised a hand and Phillip wearily acknowledged him.

"The girl you admitted you're in love with is standing at the back with her present boyfriend. Isn't this a bit impertinent?" the reporter asked a little suspiciously. The question took Phillip by surprise. He seriously forgot that Deandre and Jessica are faking a relationship right now.

Phillip quickly glanced at Deandre and the latter looked like he's going to die. He was hyperventilating and Heejun was using his hands to give his friend some unneeded air. Inevitably, his haze fell to the girl beside his two friends.

She was finally looking at him.

Nothing mattered to Phillip at the moment other than her. Because at that very particular moment, she was smiling at him.

Finally. A reaction.

It was a soft, small smile, but a genuine smile nevertheless. Phillip's heart did a somersault upon seeing the smile that was only meant for him. It was that smile that gave him the confidence to answer the question.

So Phillip smiled, much to the surprise of the reporters. Technically, the question was supposed to catch Phillip off-guard. He wasn't supposed to smile. He was supposed to stutter and get thrown off course, for juicier news.

"I believe they have a story to tell, but it isn't mine to divulge, I hope you understand," Phillip answered simply. He isn't sure if what he said was right because he couldn't have known. But sooner or later, they will find out the truth regarding Jessica and Deandre's pseudo-relationship. He might as well provide an opening for them.

Phillip saw the same reporter open his mouth, but Phillip boldly raised a hand to stop him from saying anything. He can see one of his PR staff shaking her head at him. You never tell a reporter to shut up if you want to stay in his or her good grace.

"I'm sorry for interrupting you, Sir," Phillip said politely, giving the reporter an honest, sincere smile, which seemed to pacify him a little. "I promise to answer your question after I say this one. I'm afraid I'll forget it if I don't blurt it out now. I told you I'm an old man and my age is catching up on me."

It made the other reporters laugh, including the reporter whom Phillip had interrupted. The reporter gave a small nod, indicating it was okay and that Phillip may proceed. Phillip let out a small sigh of relief.

"Well... uh... I just want everyone to know this..." He was red in the face, which made some male reporters smile and some female reporters giggle. "Uh... oh man, how am I going to say this?" he mumbled the last words, but he was still heard. After all, he has a microphone in front of him. Few of the reporters laughed. Phillip's face became redder, if that's even possible.

"Come on, Ape Man, say what you want already. That's long overdue, don't you think?" someone shouted from the back. Phillip, of course, knows that voice with or without looking in that direction.

But the reporters have other ideas. They all looked back to check who said those words aloud. Phillip sighed and followed their gazes. They found themselves looking at the poker face of Heejun Han.

"What?" he asked innocently, but his chinky eyes were twinkling with mirth. Deandre, who was beside him and who looked more relax than awhile ago, chuckled. Heejun turned to glare at his friend before looking back at the reporters. "Hey, I'm just a spectator, stop staring. It's making me uncomfortable," he said seriously. Heejun doesn't really care if he is talking to a reporter. Everyone knows he has no verbal filter.

When the reporters failed to take their eyes off him, Heejun looked at Jessica, who was quietly laughing at him and declared: "Actually, I'm Jessica's fiancé. Phillip is just a hoax." 

It worked. The reporters laughed at Heejun and turned their attention back towards Phillip. They know better than to believe him.

"Well, Mr. Phillips, you may continue," one reporter said. Phillip nodded and once again cleared his throat. He slowly glanced at the back. He wants to say this because of her. This is for her and not for anyone else.

Phillip met Jessica's eyes. She was still smiling, but her eyes were glassy, indicating she was holding back tears.

"Okay... here goes... I just want to say... that I am in love with Jessica, but I won't do anything about it other than... love her," he said quietly, still looking at Jessica's eyes. "I'll wait for her whenever she's ready, because I believe she's done enough waiting. I'll be the one to wait for her this time."

And with those words, he saw the tears finally falling down from her eyes. They were quiet tears and she was still smiling.

"And what if she will not be ready for a long time, Mr. Phillips?" asked one reporter, forcing Phillip to tear his gaze away from Jessica's face.

"I don't care, Sir," Phillip answered without hesitation. "It's about time I let her know how serious I am about us. I'll wait until she's ready."

"And when do you think she's ready?" A follow up question from the same reporter.

Phillip's gaze went back to Jessica. "I have no idea," he answered innocently, which made the reporters laugh. "But I will know when. I am sure she'll let me feel it," he said, but this time, his voice was serious.

The reporters nodded in agreement and there was another silence for a few seconds until one reporter broke it and asked for Phillip's upcoming album, finally changing the topic.

The press conference continued for another thirty minutes. Heejun being Heejun found another way to disrupt the press conference before it ended and then he and Deandre sneakily pulled Jessica away from the room. They know she will be hoarded once the event is over.

Phillip had maintained his good-natured attitude until the end of the Press Conference then he politely said goodnight and went up to his and Heejun's room.

He can feel his Ex's eyes on him. Phillip knows she will follow him.

True enough, she did. Phillip had expected it. He also knew what will happen the moment he heard her follow him to his and Heejun's room.

Heejun, who knew her so much too since they used to be friends, probably saw her following Phillip so he didn't join them.

Phillip heard the door open and then close behind him. It didn't turn out to be a long conversation after all. In fact, it was the shortest they had.

"I am not giving up yet, Phillip." Those were the only words that left her mouth.

"I can't stop you from doing what you want," Phillip said quietly, his back to her. "But I just want to warn you, my heart won't change."

With those last words, Phillip went to the bathroom, closing the door behind him with a soft thud. The sound signaled the tears to finally fall down from his ex-girlfriend's face. When Phillip came out a minute later, his Ex wasn't there.

----

Jessica, her Mom, Deandre, Heejun, and Jessica's Publicist had a talk after Phillip's Press Conference. The three of them explained what happened to Mrs. Sanchez and to Jessica's Head Publicist.

As expected, Jessica's Head Publicist went into a fit of rage and went out of the room to talk to Phillip's publicist. She was fuming.

Heejun was the first to talk to Mrs. Sanchez. "Mrs. Sanchez, please forgive PP. He's just being true to himself."

Deandre nodded and seconded. "Yes, Mrs. Sanchez. Please listen to Heejun. Phillip just finally grew some... er... balls," he said while blushing.

Jessica was quiet and her head was bowed low, but her mother knows she's blushing.

She stopped the still-ranting boys with a hand. Heejun and Deandre kept quiet because she looked stern.

Then she smiled. "I know, boys. Phillip is a nice young man. His parents are the nicest people around and it will not make sense if Phillip is not nice too."

Heejun and Deandre looked at each other and let out a sigh of relief. Jessica was surprised and looked up to meet her mother's gaze. Mrs. Sanchez was right--- Jessica was blushing.

Mrs. Sanchez smiled at her daughter. "I like him, Jessica. And for some reason, I trust him. Plus, I like his parents. Let's just pray your Dad will like him too."

Deandre flinched at the mention of Jessica's Dad, which didn't escape Heejun. Jessica, on the other hand, smiled at her mom, teary-eyed. Mrs. Sanchez opened her arms wide and Jessica went to them willingly.

"Psss, Noodle Boy," Heejun motioned for Deandre to lean in towards him so he can whisper into his ear. Deandre obliged.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Is Jessica's father scary?" Heejun asked, really curious.

Deandre nodded, looking really scared. "Yeah. He can crush your head with his fingers. And did you see the muscles?"

Heejun sighed. "Oh well. He's Phillip's problem, not mine."

---

He was nervous as hell. Phillip's fingers were trembling as he thumbed a reply back to Jessica.

I am nervous. Very nervous. We're coming to a country who loves you so much and a country that might hate me. Might. Am excited though. I heard so many good things about it. Am just very nervous. Dang. Pardon the old man. :)

Phillip replaced his iPhone on the bed and continued packing. He was really nervous. He's been uneasy since the end of their US tour. He knows their next stop will be the Philippines.

He heard so many good things about it. One of those good things is having the most gorgeous beaches on the planet. He was hoping they will have the time to even experience one of them. Jessica's mother, Mrs. Sanchez, told him, however, that the best things the country can offer them are its people. He heard about the hospitality of the Filipinos. Their positive outlook in live. Their generosity. Their appreciation for every thing. Still, in spite of all the wonderful things he's heard, he is still nervous. Because he so badly wants to impress them.

A beep disturbed his musings. He picked up his phone to read the message. He smiled. It was from Jessica.

Don't be nervous, PP. : ) You are a very talented musician and they will surely enjoy your music. And they will love you. Believe me. I know the feeling. x

Phillip finally laughed.

-----

Jessica went to the airport restroom, shaking her head. Her Idol friends are all crazy. Erika and Elise are busy taking photos of each other and tweeting. Hollie and Joshua, as usual, are together in their own little world. Colton, Deandre, and Heejun are talking about something. Judging on the look in Heejun's face, it was another prank. The three of them glancing at the sleeping Phillip just confirmed it. Colton, Heejun, and Deandre have become a trio. Heejun's so influential he managed to convert her innocent best friend Deandre into a notorious Heejun Jr. In fact, Phillip has been complaining lately, asking Jessica to ask her best friend to stay away from his best friend. Deandre's learning so much from Heejun. And he's acting more and more like Heejun everyday.

Deadly.

Speaking of Phillip, the mere thought of him makes Jessica's insides turn into knots. She smiled to herself. Phillip has been perfect. He never fails to show her his feelings every day since that disastrous press conference; whether it's a text message, a call, or a long-stemmed rose delivered right to her house. The Idols were allowed to go home before their trip to the Philippines.

Jessica reached the restroom after being held by a couple of teenagers asking for her autograph. She entered one cubicle to answer the call of nature.

Jessica was humming to herself when she went out of the restroom. Her humming stopped when she saw who was waiting for her --- it was Phillip's ex-girlfriend.

Jessica averted her gaze and went directly to the sink to wash her hands. Phillip's ex-girlfriend didn't move from her position. She was still leaning with her back against the wall. She was waiting for Jessica to finish drying her hands and Jessica was aware of it.

"Hey," Jessica said softly, breaking the uncomfortable silence between the two of them.

"Hey," Phillip's ex-girlfriend answered softly. Jessica was quite surprised at the tone in her voice. It isn't warm, but it isn't cold either.

"Uhmm... so are you excited to go to the Philippines?" Jessica asked casually.

Phillip's ex met her gaze and she nodded. "Yeah. It's a pretty cool place according to most people I talked to. And your Mom speaks a lot about it."

Jessica smiled. "Yeah. She's quite excited. Our relatives live there," she said, looking at the woman in front of her. Then she saw the expression on Phillip's ex's face. There is something bothering her.

"Are you... are you scared for the reception Phillip will get?" Jessica asked. "Don't. The people there are so nice and hospitable. They will love Phillip," she said, assuring her.

Phillip's ex smiled while shaking her head. "I know that. And that's not what's bothering me." Then she looked at Jessica, the smile dropping from her face. "I want to talk to you."

"Oh. Okay," Jessica answered, trying to sound casual. But deep inside, she's a nervous wreck. She doesn't want another fight with her. And it's inside another bathroom again.

"I will never like you for him. But not because you're Jessica. I will never like you for him because I will forever like me for him."

"I want to be honest with you. I am not giving up, but I won't do anything to sabotage whatever it is you have. You will not see me smiling at you any time soon most especially if you and Phillip will be together. You will find me happy any time something negative comes out of the news regarding your relationship. And I will continue wishing that Phillip finds his way back to me. But this is clear, Jessica. I will not do anything to sabotage the two of you. I'm doing this for Phillip, not you. You don't need to watch your back anymore. I will be completely harmless."

Without glancing back at Jessica, she went out of the restroom leaving Jessica alone.

Jessica let out a breath she didn't notice she was holding. She glanced at herself in the mirror. She looked tired, but she also looked happy. She knows it's because of Phillip. 

A slow smile began to appear on her face. It was a smile of relief. Of gratitude. She knew it was not easy for Phillip's ex to say those words to her; or to even give her sort-of sign of approval to whatever it is she and PP have as of now.

Jessica took a deep breath before going out of the restroom. When she arrived, Phillip's ex-girlfriend was nowhere to be seen. Colton, Deandre, Heejun, and Phillip were all arguing. They haven't seen her yet. She hid behind a tall plant, which was placed in between the aisles, to listen to the boys' argument. Hollie and Joshua have seen her, but they both grinned and nodded before returning to their own little 'best friends only' world.

Jessica turned her attention back to the boys just in time to hear their argument. It wasn't so loud, but Phillip was wide awake and was talking furiously to Heejun.

"I told you man," Heejun said casually. "We saw your ex and she looked really furious. I bet she killed Jessica and dumped her body somewhere."

Jessica's jaw dropped, but then she saw Phillip shake his head.

"That's ridiculous, Heejun," Phillip said, while rolling his eyes at Heejun. "I may not be in love with her anymore, but I've been with the girl for a few years and she wouldn't do that. Plus, you're just really ridiculous. Now tell me where Jess is cause I can't see her."

"Maybe she just went to the restroom," Deandre interjected, looking all innocent as he played with one of his curls. "Jessica likes to pee."

Thanks a lot, Babii. Jessica thought.

"Ohhh," Heejun said, smirking. "PP's girl likes to pee. Isn't that interesting, Pee Pee?" he asked, taunting Phillip. His best friend hit him at the back of the head, which made Jessica giggle. Colton must have heard it since he's the one nearest to the aisle. His eyes lit up when he saw her, but Colton kept his mouth shut and brought his attention back to the guys.

"You know, sometimes I wonder if you two really have feelings for each other," Colton said, catching the attention of both Phillip and Heejun. "You bicker like old, married couples."

Heejun's brows rose on their own accord as he met Phillip's gaze. Phillip just shook his head while Heejun looked back at Colton and smirked.

"Colton 'Jelly' Dixon," he declared. "You know I only have eyes for you, Baby. PP's my ex. I can't stand the smell of his feet and the sight of his gray t-shirt. I don't like him anymore. I'm all yours. You can call me your Butterbeer. I can be your Cockroach Cluster."

Colton's jaw drop, which made Jessica break into fits of laughter. The boys finally noticed her. Phillip let out a sigh of relief before he opened his arms; Jessica went willingly into them, catching her mother's eyes. Mrs. Sanchez was smiling at her and Jessica blushed as she wrapped her arms around Phillip's waist. Phillip noticed her gesture and looked down at her. He followed her eyes and found himself looking straight at Jessica's mother, who was talking to his father.

Phillip got red in the face, which made Jessica laugh. Phillip mouthed an "I'm sorry" before releasing Jessica, but Mrs. Sanchez just waved him off and continued talking to his Dad. Phillip let out a sigh of relief and wrapped his arms around Jessica's tiny waist again. Jessica looked up at him and smiled before she turned her attention back to Colton and Heejun.

"Hey, answer me!" Colton shouted. "You read Harry Potter?"

Heejun pretended to inspect his nails. "Duh, Colton Dixon. Who doesn't read Harry Potter? Of course I read it. I'm Harry Potter!"

Colton shook his head. "No, you're not. You're Cho Chang."

Heejun narrowed his eyes at him. "Racist."

Colton looked at him incredulously. "What the- I'm not racist. You really do look like Cho Chang. You both have small eyes." 

"Racist," Heejun declared while crossing his arms. "I change my mind. You're not my Baby anymore. Dre here will be my new Baby. I hate you, Colton Dixon." Then he proceeded in playing with Deandre's curls. Colton's jaw dropped again and Jessica giggled, burying her face on Phillip's chest.

"Hey, Jessica," called Heejun. "Be careful. You might eat the chest hair. They'll make you choke," he said then turned back to twirling Deandre's hair in his finger.

This time, everyone laughed, including the staff. Heejun's voice wasn't really that quiet. Phillip leaned over to smack Heejun at the back of the head, which elicited another bout of laughter.

And then Phillip's ex-girlfriend suddenly arrived from somewhere. Automatically, everyone kept quiet and went back to their previous activities.

Jessica's eyes met hers. She looked from Phillip to Jessica and the way they were wrapped around each other. Jessica suddenly felt awkward and tried to move away from Phillip, but Phillip held her closer to his chest. Jessica looked up at him. She saw him nod towards his ex-girlfriend before bringing his attention back to her. His neutral expression changed; he was smiling down at her.

"No more drama, right?" he said. Jessica giggled and nodded.

"I almost forgot. But yes, no more drama," she answered while closing her eyes and feeling Phillip's lips on her forehead.

"I can't wait to see how this complicated love story will end." Colton muttered to Heejun. Heejun just nodded.

----

It was agreed upon by all publicists that Phillip and Jessica's relationship would have to be kept lie low. After all, the media who were present during Phillip's Press Conference have all agreed not to publicize the news regarding Phillip's revelation.

But it wasn't simple. The Press wanted an exclusive interview with Phillip when they came back from the Philippines. Having no choice, Phillip's publicist agreed with a one-on-one right after they came back.

Phillip glanced at the girl beside him. Jessica was nervous, but she looked really excited too. The plane's captain already announced their arrival in thirty minutes.

"So... I have to turn you over for a week to the two douchebags," Phillip said softly as he grasped her hand. Jessica looked at him surprisingly before realization dawned on her. She leaned back to her seat and laid her head on Phillip's shoulder.

"Heejun and Dre will take care of me," she said. Phillip blew an imaginary hair off his face.

"I know," he whispered. "It's just that I don't get it why we can't even walk together when we land. I mean I know why we need to lie low, but what's wrong with me walking beside you out of the airport? Or worse, what's wrong with me if I'm seen beside you? Friends walk beside each other.' He sounded frustrated and Jessica knows what he's feeling. She felt exactly the same when her publicity team informed her.

"Well, technically, everyone knows Deandre's still my boyfriend and she's still your girlfriend," Jessica muttered.

Phillip pouted. "But they'll know it all sooner or later."

Jessica smiled. "What a derp face, PP. You sure learned a lot from Heejun," she whispered, hoping Heejun wouldn't hear her. He and Colton were seated behind them.

"Hey, I heard that, fellow Asian," came a voice from behind them. "Stop bugging me. I will steal PP back."

Jessica giggled, which made Phillip smile. He loves her giggles.

"I'm serious, Jessica Sanchez," Heejun said from behind them. "PP cannot resist my sex appeal."

"You wish," replied Phillip. "You have zero sex appeal."

Jessica kept giggling. "Stop it, PP. You don't want Heejun's wrath."

Phillip rolled his eyes, but he nodded. "Fine. Let's just not mind the Idiot."

"Oh, PP. You are so whipped."

Phillip just smiled, ignoring his best friend's teasing. Yes, he is whipped. And right now, he doesn't care.

----

The visit to the Philippines went off without a hitch. Phillip's worry turned into awe and gratitude because the Filipinos love him just the same. He was so overwhelmed with the hospitality that he was teary-eyed when they got back to the hotel from a morning show. They gave him a guitar.

Heejun teased him nonstop and called him a softy. And then admitted later on that he was jealous because Phillip was given a guitar.

There was the consistent presence of awkwardness because Phillip's Ex needs to be with him all the time. They had to act like they're still in love in front of the non- AI staff. Phillip's heart went out to her. It's obvious she's hurt.

"She walks around like a heartsick puppy," Heejun said one time when they were having dinner. Phillip and Jessica always sit beside each other whenever they are not in front of any camera or stranger. It usually happens during breakfast or dinner.

Jessica looked sadly at Phillip's Ex, who was seated between two AI staff. Phillip knew she's feeling guilty. He too felt a little guilty, but Phillip just couldn't lie to himself anymore-he's in love with Jessica and he wants to be with her.

Phillip subtly held her hand under the table to get her attention. Jessica looked up at him. Phillip shook his head. "No," he said softly so Jessica will be the only one to hear. "Don't feel guilty about us. I promise to talk to her later, okay?"

Jessica nodded and squeezed Phillip's hand. Her hand remained in his all throughout dinner, which caused Heejun to wiggle his eyebrows when they caught his gaze.

After dinner, Phillip's Ex excused herself. No one seemed to mind. She forlornly walked away. Phillip sighed and patted Jessica's hand.

"I'll end this, Jessica," he promised, then stood up to follow his Ex. Heejun, who saw the exchange, stood up from his seat and sat beside Jessica.

"He can do this nicely, Jessica," he said. "Phillip is always nice. Just don't feel guilty, okay?"

Jessica smiled. "Okay." And deep inside, she really wished Phillip and his Ex will be okay. She never wanted anybody to get hurt over this.

But one thing is certain for Jessica this time--- she will never let this thing go between Phillip and her again.

---- 

Phillip had caught up with her on the elevator. He managed to sneak inside before the door closed. His Ex looked surprised, but her facial expression immediately turned stoic. Phillip sighed. They reached her floor silently.

Phillip followed her. She didn't protest and seemed to realize Phillip's intention. She even left the door open when she went inside her room, which she shared with two AI staff. Phillip closed the door behind him and followed her to her bed. They sat, side by side, on its edge.

Phillip opened his mouth to speak, but his Ex held out a hand to stop him. He chanced a look at her and was surprised to see her face soften--- she was smiling albeit sadly.

"Phillip, let me say this as this is the only chance I'm trusting myself to say these things," she said. "Please don't interrupt." There was pleading in her voice, which made Phillip nod at her.

She was silent for a few seconds. Phillip patiently waited for the outburst.

But he was surprised once again, when she spoke-her voice was soft and sad instead of hostile and angry.

"You're happy," she said. "You're very happy, Phillip."

It wasn't the statement he was expecting from her, but he found no reason to lie. He nodded.

"Yes."

His Ex looked away from him. Judging from the movement of her shoulders, she was crying.

Phillip gave her time. He let her cry, but didn't offer any comfort. She has to feel the pain if this is to be their closure.

She spoke after a few minutes.

"I give up, Phillip," she said. "I want you to be happy. I've been really selfish because I love you. I still love you and I won't lie. But I want you in my life even as a friend. I don't want to lose you," she admitted.

Phillip smiled, but he did not say anything.

"I will... I will still act like your girlfriend in this tour," she said, "but after this, I have a request--- please, Phillip, please don't show yourself to me. I'll contact you when I'm ready to see you, okay?"

She was pleading.

Phillip nodded. "I promise. By then, I can properly apologize."

She shook her head, her tears falling down on her cheeks. "Not your fault, Phillip."

"I know," he said, "and I will not apologize for falling in love with Jessica. But I will apologize properly for hurting you because that, I didn't mean to. No, I'm not apologizing now. I am merely stating a fact. I will do that once you're ready."

She nodded. "You may go now, PP. I'm tired."

Phillip knew she's lying-she just doesn't want him to see her break down, but he consented and stood up. When he's on the door, she spoke again:

"Tell Jessica, I'm sorry for being a bitch to her."

Phillip smiled. "I will. Goodnight."

A loud sob was what Phillip heard just as he closed the door.

It wasn't a long confrontation; nor was it a heavy one. In fact, Phillip didn't expect how it happened-it was far simpler than what he expected. But ironically, he felt free and his heart felt lighter.

Maybe because this time, Phillip can feel that his Ex had really and finally let him go.

----

The next days have been busy. Phillip and Jessica had different TV guestings and Phillip had suffered from stomach flu. They barely had time to say good night and good morning. Phillip was quite happy though because Heejun was always grouped with Jessica and he knows Heejun will take care of her.

Jessica's group was waiting at the hotel function room for their bus. She was quietly seated at one corner when her cellphone buzzed. She read it and smiled. It was a text from Phillip: 

765 days more. I love you always.

"Okay, Jessica Rabbit," Heejun said from behind her, causing Jessica to jump. "That is so weird. Is Phillip going to die after 765 days?" he asked as he read, once again, the text message Phillip had sent to Jessica. He really looked so puzzled that Jessica laughed at the look on his face, which made Heejun narrow his eyes at her. He sat down beside her.

Jessica shook her head and smiled at him. "No, Hee Hee. Phillip isn't going to die after 765 days," she answered him, smile plastered on her face.

"I thought so. He couldn't die a virgin," Heejun said. "It's confirmed, you know, Jess. PP is an alien and I'm not the only one who is still a virgin in here," he added, just to test if Jessica heard him.

She didn't. And Heejun couldn't help but notice the blush that suddenly accompanied the smile.

"Okay... come clean, Jessica. Why are you blushing? Those are just numbers!" Heejun said. "Unless PP promised to get you pregnant after 765 days," he whispered while wiggling his brows.

"What the hell, Heejun?!" Jessica shouted; she couldn't help herself. Heejun's words were really so ridiculous.

Heejun grinned. "Keep quiet, Jessica. You don't want the others to hear you're going to get pregnant in 765 days, do you? Can I be godfather? I promise to give gifts not less than $100."

The blush that crept up Jessica's face awhile ago has now spread throughout her whole body. Heejun's grin widened. Jessica hit him on the face with her scarf.

"What was that for, Sanchez!" Heejun complained. "I mean, Mrs. Phillips?"

Jessica glared at him while still sporting that blush. "You know why, Han," she said. "Stop saying that. The 765 days meant Phillip is... well... I'll be 18 in 765 days. He..."Jessica was blushing so hard now. "He... promised to properly date me when I'm 18."

Heejun's reaction was unexpected-for the first time, he looked surprise.

"Damn. Phillip Phillips can really turn on the charm," he whispered. Immediately, he got his cellphone and sent a text message to Phillip, who's on his way to Glorietta.

I underestimated you, man. That was so smooth.

Heejun received a text message back immediately.

What do you mean?

Heejun scoffed and typed a response:

Forget what I said-you're still an idiot.

---

The next days gone by smoothly.

Phillip was also quite glad when his Ex had warmed up a little to Jessica. In fact, he had laughed at the look on Jessica's face when his Ex had called a morning greeting to her. They weren't by any means friendly, but at least the tension diminished a little.

He was quite proud of his Ex for that.

At the night of the concert, Phillip was nervous. He's seen the crowd and it was big--- bigger than the audience in their U.S. tour. Heejun kept calling him a chicken, but it was of no use--- he was nervous.

"They will love you, PP," Jessica said as she came back from a group performance. "The crowd is excited for you."

Her words were the same as the other Idols' words to him, but they made a difference. He nodded and prepared for his entrance. He thought no one was looking when he stole a soft kiss from Jessica, but he was wrong:

"Chicken!" he heard Heejun call just as he stepped into the platform. Jessica's laugh reverberated into his head as he confidently greeted the crowd.

---

Phillip tried-he really tried not to, but he couldn't resist. His adoration for her came out in different forms---

First was when he introduced her after their Volcano Duet.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the very lovely Ms. Jessica Sanchez."

Phillip swore Jessica was blushing. He, himself, was blushing--- it slipped from his tongue. It was supposed to be just "Ms. Jessica Sanchez, everyone."

And then there was the "I'm Glad You Came" moment.

Yes, he didn't offer his hand to her, but he was busy gazing at her and thinking how lucky he was she gave him, them, another chance. He even considered himself lucky because he remembered the lyrics. Her smile kept popping into his mind.

And then there was the last press con before the Idols' departure.

Phillip has been longing to be alone with Jessica, but they just couldn't find the time. He found an opportunity during the autograph signing and went directly behind her, but a cameraman caught them and turned his camera towards them.

Phillip almost glared at the guy, but caught himself just in time. So instead of glaring, Phillip resorted to making derp faces behind Jessica while she's signing autographs.

Heejun, who saw the scene, was laughing silently a few feet behind Phillip.

"Ahem, chicken, ahem," said Heejun from behind him.

Phillip Phillips was totally whipped and he continued to be in the next few months.

His few tweets were very controversial. But the most publicized was this tweet:

@phillips

"Dear Diary, I miss her. I love her. Hope to see her soon. Love, not Phillip."

Many had reacted and tweeted him questions. It was even on the news. It became controversial because of the words: Love, not Phillip.

Then it turned out his Twitter was hacked.

@phillips

"Dear Diary, I miss her. I love her. Hope to see her soon. Love, not Phillip" 

-yes, my Twitter was hacked, but he's telling the truth."

It turned out Heejun was the one who tweeted the original, but Phillip clarified it to kill the already-forming gossips.

Their relationship was confusing and still undefined in the next few months, but neither Jessica nor Phillip had let go.

-----

Jessica woke up with a smile on her face. She was glad her Manager allowed her to take the day off so she can celebrate her birthday. She is officially an adult today. New challenges. New beginning. She wants to start clean.

She stood up to stretch, yawning in the process. She saw her phone beep. Jessica snatched it up to check her messages.

"Holy Guacamole!" she exclaimed upon seeing her phone. "300 messages? I love you, people." She decided to lie back down and start reading her messages, starting from the very bottom.

Jessica smiled. Most of them are from her family and high school friends. Patiently, she answered every SMS with a thank you. They took the time to greet her; she will take the time to show her gratitude.

Jessica's grin widened when she saw the messages from her Idol Family. They are truly her family.

The first one is from Shannon.

Hello, Baby Girl! Happy happy birthday! I can't wait to see you soon so I can give you my gift! Love love!

The second one is from Jeremy. Jessica blushed when she read his message.

Happy birthday, lovely Jessica! I'm still here waiting for you. Joke. If it was Dre, I think I still have a chance. But it's PP so I don't stand a chance. Kidding again! =) I wish you enjoy your day. Hope to see you soon! I love you! X

Skylar and Elise sent a birthday greeting using Skylar's phone, which made Jessica smile. She remembered that the two of them are together right now. They were invited to sing at a Music Awards.

Hey, baby girl! Happy birthday! Miss you! Have a good one today! - Skylar and Elise

Joshua and Hollie also sent one message using Hollie's phone. Joshua is currently having his vacation at Hollie's. Jessica was invited, but she wanted to spend her birthday with her family.

Baby girl! Happy happy birthday! We love you and we miss you! =) We'll try our best to see you soon. We'll bring gifts! Lots of expensive gifts just for you! - Hollie and Joshie

Erika has sent a photo of herself holding a birthday greeting. Jessica laughed and keyed in a reply.

Deandre's message made Jessica roll her eyes. She knows he'll send a message like this. He sent the same message last last year! But she keyed in a thank you anyway.

Since I'm attending your birthday dinner later, I'll greet you later, okay Babii? I love you. :) Will there be steak?

Colton's greeting touched her heart. Jessica has long since given up. She can never forget Colton and he will always have a place in her heart.

Skinny Mini! Happy birthday, beautiful. I promise to call you later, okay? I don't want to settle for an SMS because I want to hear your voice. I miss you so much. : ) I just have an early engagement and I have to run now. Talk to you later, okay? I love you.

Jessica smiled and replied a simple thank you. She knows she is blushing because her face is warm. Colton still never fails to make her giddy.

The next message was from her favorite AI person. Heejun.

Hallooo, fellow Asian! : )

Jessica's brows furrowed. A hello? I can't believe this. This is Heejun we're talking about. She told herself. Jessica shrugged and lightly pressed the back button to read the next message.

Then she laughed. The next messages were from Heejun again. There were 18 in all. The next sixteen have the same messages as the first one. It was the last one which contained Heejun's real message for her.

Okay, that was tiring, my fiancée. Never do that to me again. *insert Heejun grin* Anyway, welcome to adulthood! You are old now, which means you can do anything you want with PP...

Jessica stopped reading. She blushed as her eyes become bigger. She looked around the room as if expecting her mother to pop right out from the walls to reprimand her. Jessica cleared her throat, took a deep breath, and continued reading Heejun's message.

... you can finally date, right? Oh, you pervert. You thought differently! :)) I made you blush! Of course you can do that. God knows PP is still a virgin. But I already told you that.

Jessica cleared her throat again, feeling really embarrassed now.

Okay, enough with the teasing. I just want to greet you a Happy Birthday. My present to you will arrive later. Sorry I can't make it to your birthday dinner. I have a date and she's more important than you. XD I am out of town, sorry. Will make it up to you soon. You'll love my present. Love you too! Ta ta!

Jessica giggled and responded with a thank you.

Today is the day she officially becomes a lady. She can't wait how the day will go.

-----

Jessica was smiling as she put down her phone. Colton just called and greeted her a happy birthday. It makes her happy that Colton has finally found happiness--- in his music. There are a lot of girls who are still throwing themselves at him, but Colton had told her he isn't ready to love yet again.

Well, that is until he met Emma Watson live in the flesh at one of the awards show he was asked to sing at. Colton has been talking about her nonstop. He and Emma had a chat then he asked for her autograph. They talked about music since the young British beauty is planning to venture into it. When she asked Colton if he would like to work with her, Colton didn't even hesitate. They exchanged numbers and emails and are now communicating for an upcoming collaboration. Colton couldn't be happier. He said he'll surprise Emma with his Mom's homemade Butterbeer if they get a chance to get together soon.

"Jess?" She heard her Mom call for her. She was staying in her room, getting ready for her birthday ustream. She stuck her head outside her bedroom.

"Yes, Mom?" she called back.

"Make sure you go down right after your ustream, okay? Your relatives from the Philippines will call you," her Mom answered.

Jessica smiled. So many people love her and she couldn't be any more thankful. "Okay, Mom!" she called and then went back to her room to get her laptop ready.

All in all, she told herself, it has been a great birthday. She got a call from her friends, her Idol family, her relatives, and most of all, Phillip. Though she was quite disappointed when he said he couldn't come to her birthday dinner due to a dinner engagement with a future collaboration.

But she was still happy to hear his voice. She missed him so bad. In the past year, she has only seen him twice even though they are both living in L.A. They never fail to communicate using mobile though. Every day, Phillip never fails to send her the countdown and a simple "Have a great day. I love you always." It was enough to get her through the day. They are both holding on; that's what matters.

Jessica knows Phillip is keeping his promise. He hasn't done anything but be there for her in spite of their busy schedules. She doesn't want to ask for anything more.

Jessica sat down on her bed and opened her laptop. The familiar 'ding ding' signaled the start of her ustream.

Most of the questions were not really questions but greetings. It took five minutes of her ustream time saying thank you for all the greetings.

And finally, there came the questions.

@patienceisavirtue Hey, Jay! Did your idol family greet you already? =)

Jessica smiled at the question. "Yes, my Idol Family already greeted me. Some sent text messages and some called me. My best friend, Dre, will be joining me for my celebration. The others couldn't come. They have prior engagements."

@wandarfulwanda How about Phillip? Did he call you? =)

Jessica's smile faltered a bit, but it was kept on her face. The question suddenly caught her off guard and she suddenly missed Phillip so bad it hurts. She tried to keep a calm demeanor as she answered the question.

"Yes, Phillip called me to greet me," Jessica said. "But I'm afraid he can't join me on my celebration tonight because he has an appointment."

@jessicanation Awww... but I'll bet he'll surprise you. =) Don't be sad. It's your birthday.

Jessica laughed. Her fans are so perceptive. Just a small drop in her smile and they know she is sad. "I'm really not sad. But I miss him and I won't deny I am quite disappointed he won't be here. But we already expected these things to happen. We're both busy and we can't help it. We'll probably schedule another day."

@kristineg What's Phillip's gift to you? =)

"You wouldn't let this all go, would you?" Jessica asked, her smile broadening. "Well, PP hasn't really given me any gift. But I don't really care, you know. I mean, hearing his voice on the phone awhile ago was enough for me." It's enough that he loves me and I love him. She thought.

@chaicntrras We're sure he misses you too. Phillip loves you. We can all see that. :) 

"Yes, he does," Jessica answered softly. "I am just thankful. I don't know if he misses me though. My Ape Man is quite busy these days," she said while winking. Jessica is trying to lighten up the moment. Every mention of Phillip's name is giving her the urge to finish the ustream and call Phillip. She misses him. But the mention of his name triples the feeling. Jessica smiled and was about to read the next question when someone interrupted her:

"I'm sure he isn't busy for you. Your Ape Man will never be busy for you," came a voice from her bedroom doorway.

Jessica stiffened. Her fans must have seen the look on her face so she was suddenly bombarded with questions.

@teambratforever What is happening?!

@choidaragon Are you okay, Jay?!

And a hundred more of the same message. Jessica ignored them as she slowly turned towards the doorway of her bedroom.

"Hi, beautiful," he said while smiling his lopsided smile. "Happy birthday."

And just like that, tears fell down from her eyes.

---  

"Phillip," she whispered softly as a smile crept its way on her face.

Phillip made his way towards her with a long-stemmed rose on his hand. Slowly, he sat beside her on the bed and handed her the rose. Jessica accepted it with a small smile on her face.

"Happy birthday," Phillip said softly and planted a soft kiss on her mouth, completely forgetting Jessica's having her ustream. "Come on, don't cry. I'm sorry I had to say that. I wanted to surprise you," he said while holding her hands and squeezing them. Jessica just shook her head.

"These are tears of joy and you know it," she whispered, which made Phillip smile. Phillip was about to kiss her again, but 'soft dings' coming from her computer reminded Jessica that she was doing a livestream.

"Oooops," Phillip declared, getting a little red on the face. Jessica giggled as she faced the computer, red-faced.

"Uhmm," Jessica said shyly. "Uhm... so... I had a surprise visitor, everyone." She looked at Phillip and silently begged him to help her. Phillip nodded his head and faced the 'firing squad'. He flashed his most adorable smile and waved.

"Hi," was all he said, which made Jessica laugh out loud.

More questions began to arrive:

@debbiewearsPrada Phillip! Why are you there? You missed Jay badly! Hihihihi!

@cielobelo OMG! A PhilJess livestream! Can we ask personal questions? =)

@trixieroQue22 This is a dream come true! Can you sing Terrified for us? Please? Please?

@vanjoako We love you! Uhmm... are you two officially a couple now? Cause we saw that loving kiss, yah know. =) PP so sly. Hihihihi

@blujayformeeeee OMG! What was that kiss for? Is it official? Did you say 'yes' already, Jay?

@rizzie_annie Why are you there, PP?! We thought you have an engagement.

Phillip looked at Jessica helplessly. "Should I answer them?" he asked her softly. Soft enough for Jessica to hear, but not enough for her fans to hear.

Jessica gave Phillip's hands a squeeze. "If you must."

Phillip smiled and turned his attention to the screen. "All right, guys. I know I'm intruding and this is supposedly Jessica's birthday livestream, but I'm going to answer your questions." He looked at Jessica briefly before he turned his attention back to the screen.

"Okay, first, I miss her. I miss her so bad," Phillip admitted shyly. "It's been almost a year and we've seen each other two times! Isn't it a shame?" he exclaimed sarcastically, which made Jessica giggle again. "Second, well, if Jess agrees, we can sing a few lines of Terrified for ya'll," he said, this time glancing at Jessica. "Uhmm... third, regarding that kiss... well... I uh... I just... my emotions got the better of me so I just couldn't stop myself from kissing her when I saw her. I really really miss her, you know."

"Awwww, PP," Jessica said, teasing him. Phillip looked at her and pouted. But Jessica laid her head on his shoulder and motioned for him to continue answering the questions. Phillip sighed. He noticed that the questions were pouring once again because of Jessica's latest gesture.

"Okay, so..." Phillip said. "I am here to surprise her. Yes, I had an engagement, but it isn't more important than my girl. So I rescheduled it."

Jessica blushed at his words, my girl¸ but she didn't say anything. She continued listening to Phillip.

"And of course," she heard him say. "I made a promise last year. I waited for a year to finally ask her this question." Jessica sat up straight with a confused look on her face. Phillip isn't looking at him though. He was looking at the screen.

Then Phillip laughed, getting red in the face. Jessica glanced at the screen. She blushed at the pouring questions.

"Guys, I am not asking Jessica to marry me," Phillip exclaimed. "Goodness, she just turned 18! I wouldn't want Mr. and Mrs. Sanchez to kill me before I even have a chance to finally date her legally. I was just---" his voice trailed off, which made Jessica look at him.

"PP? Are you all right?" Jessica asked after a few seconds of silence. Phillip is so red in the face and he isn't talking. Those were enough to make Jessica worry.

Phillip bit his lips and looked at her. "I'm okay, Jess. I just... I just... I can't believe I'm doing this in your Ustream," he said, clearly frustrated.

Jessica looked at him, confused. "Huh? What do you mean?"

Phillip took a deep breath and sighed. "Well... I... you know..."

Jessica raised one brow. "I know what?"

"Oh man," Phillip muttered. "I am not good at this, but I'm here so I'm doing it. Jess," he says while looking straight to her eyes. "I love you. I love you so much and I think we've waited long enough."

Jessica's eyes start to water, but she smiled and let Phillip talk.

"Here, in front of your fans... I would like to ask you... to be my girlfriend."

The continued pinging coming from the laptop signifies the fans' response to Phillip's question, but Phillip ignored them first. He was anxious at Jessica's answer. He knew they are an unofficial couple... an almost couple; but Jessica's power over him is different right now--- she can make or break him.

Phillip's hands were sweating and his heart is running a mile a minute, but he tried not to avert his gaze. He is still looking at Jessica, trying not to show how worried he is.

Then she smiled, which caused a smile of relief to form on Phillip's smile. But before he can say anything, Jessica closed the gap between them and kissed him-kissed him in front of her fans all over the world.

The pingings continued, but their lips didn't separate. It was just a long smack, not enough to cause a scandal, but enough to show the world that they are indeed in love.

BLAG.

The noise was what caused them to separate. They turned around to find the source of the noise.

Jessica's eyes popped right out of their sockets and she got red as Taylor Swift's lipstick when she saw the cause of the noise. Phillip merely sighed.

There on the floor near the door were Heejun, Colton, and Deandre on top of each other. They must have been listening from outside the door and must have fallen in. The three of them were glaring at each other when they noticed that someone must have been watching them. They turned around.

"Ooops," Colton said sheepishly. "Hello, Skinny Mini... surprise?" he said, laughing weakly. "I... uh... decided to come. Haha."

Deandre smiled exaggeratedly. "Hiya, Babii. I uh... they... they forced me. I didn't do anything, I swear."

Phillip narrowed his eyes while Jessica fought the urge to laugh. Heejun, on the other hand, was not defending himself. In fact he stood up (since he was on top) and was looking at Phillip and Jessica with a serious look on his face.

"Uh oh," Phillip said under his breath. "I don't like the look on his face. What dya say, Jess?"

She nodded. "Yeah. His serious face always mean trouble." 

Colton and Deandre are now standing on Heejun's either side and are looking at him too.

Heejun grinned. Before anything can guess what he's doing, he shouted:

"Mrs. Sanchez, Mrs. Sanchez! Phillip and Jessica are kissing and making out!" He ran downstairs before Colton and Deandre can even stop him. "They're doing it on international TV! Mrs. Sanchez!"

"What the---" Colton said before he met Deandre's eyes and they ran after him. An excited commotion can be heard downstairs.

"Holy shit," Phillip's voice was in disbelief. "That guy's just a whacko," he declared as he looked at Jessica whose face was buried on his chest.

He smiled and wrapped an arm around her. He can feel her giggling. When she resurfaced, there was a big smile on her face.

"You happy?" Phillip asked. Jessica nodded.

"Yes, I'm happy. I love you," she said, which caused Phillip to shyly smile.

"I love you too," he said, looking adorable.

Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping!

"Ooops," Jessica said as she shyly faced the computer. She almost forgot she's having a ustream. She read the chats for her and smiled. She pulled at Phillip's hand to let him read the chats. He grinned.

Blujays are happy for them. Jessica's birthday couldn't be more special.

----

The media had a press frenzy and wanted another press con with Phillip and Jessica, but their head publicists didn't agree. Phillip and Jessica are now a couple, but they don't want much fuss about it. They've had too much publicity regarding their relationship. This time, no more lies and no more pretension. But the media wouldn't get much from them either.

"What they see is what they will only get," Phillip told Jessica when she told them of her worry about the media making up stories about them if they don't talk. "I've listened enough to people and have done what they wanted me to do and looked what it almost cost me--- you. No, Jess, this time, we can show them what we have, but that's just it."

Jessica had agreed.

Their fans were a different matter. Most Blujays are happy for them, but there will always be those who wouldn't be satisfied. Jessica paid them no mind. For her, if they love her, they will accept her choice. And she loves them just the same and respects their opinion. She just hopes that in time, they will respect hers too.

Most Philatics are happy for them too, though it took a few weeks. They have seen how happy Phillip is. Phillip and Jessica were photographed everywhere. They weren't overly displaying affections. In fact, they are rarely seen holding hands in public. But every time they are seen together, they were being observed. The glances, the subtle touches--- they are in love.

The press continued to try to make their relationship controversial. But because Phillip and Jessica's camps didn't say much, they decided to move on to other news such as Deandre's newly colored locks and Heejun's new career.

The PhilJess relationship was put back to the spotlight when Phillip was invited to sing for the U.S. Navy. Jessica's father, was of course, there. Jessica couldn't come due to a conflict in schedule. She was watching at home.

Mr. Sanchez was photographed with Phillip. He was also asked to introduce Phillip Phillips, much to the latter's surprise.

Mr. Sanchez was heard saying this: "May I present to you, Mr. Phillip Phillips--- American Idol winner who beat my daughter---" Phillip looked tense on this, but Mr. Sanchez smiled. "--- and the guy who beat me in my daughter's heart. Sing your heart out, my boy, my daughter's watching."

He clasped Phillip's shoulder, giving him his blessing.

---

February 10, 2014 

8 pm 

LAX Airport

Jessica's head was resting on Phillip's shoulders. They are waiting for her flight to the Philippines. It was a part 2 of her and Colton's Valentines concert as last year was so successful.

Phillip was asleep. He came from a small gig and went straight to their house to bring her to the airport. Jessica knows he was tired and tried to convince him not to see her off. After all, they will see each other in two weeks.

But Phillip wouldn't budge. He had pretended not to hear Jessica and instead left her in her doorway to greet her little brothers who just came down from the stairs.

"Phillipy!" Both of them had called him in unison. Jessica had shaken her head and just watched helplessly (but happily) as Phillip high-fived both of her brothers. And when her mother came down, Phillip had turned on the PP charm--- her mother was putty in his hands.

Jessica smiled as she slowly lifted her head off his shoulder to glance at the sleeping man beside her. There were eye bags under his eyes and he looked tired, but Jessica felt somewhat elated that he also looked... happy and content.

Jessica felt someone sit on her other side even before that someone started talking.

"Hey, Skinny Mini."

Jessica turned around and found the smiling face of Colton. He just arrived. Jessica waved at his family behind him and mouthed a sorry. She couldn't get up to greet them because she might wake Phillip up. Schyler laughed as she walked towards them and kissed Jessica on the cheeks before returning to her parents who started talking to Jessica's Mom.

"How long has King Kong been sleeping?" Colton asked softly as he glanced at Phillip. Jessica grinned.

"Thirty minutes," she said fondly. "Told him not to bother, but he insisted in coming with us. He had another fight with his head publicist on the phone."

Colton rolled his eyes. "That publicist of his never learned her lesson. Hasn't she realized by now you are far more important to PP than his engagements?"

Jessica blushed, to which Colton smirked. Jessica changed the topic by asking about Colton's girlfriend.

"Where's Annie, by the way?" she asked casually.

Colton pouted. "She couldn't come. She's out of town with her parents, but I told her I'll try to call once in a while." Colton has finally found a girlfriend. Her name is Annie and they've been together for a year. She's a nice girl and Jessica likes her a lot.

Jessica smiled. "You're happy, Skinny Mini. And I am happy you're happy," she said sincerely. When Jessica found out about Colton's girlfriend year ago, she immediately called him and told him how happy she was for him.

Colton looked at her in the eyes and smiled. "Thank you, Jess. Your words mean a lot to me, you know that." Then he glanced once more at Phillip. "I am happy you're happy too, you know. Finally, this dope came to his senses and stayed there, if you know what I mean. It's been a few months, huh, since that ustream?" 

"I know what you mean," Jessica said while giggling. Colton laughed too. This woke Phillip up.

"I am not your boyfriend, Heejun. I---" Phillip looked around, confused, until he met Jessica's gaze. She was giggling at him. Phillip grinned adorably as he rubbed his eyes with his knuckle.

"Sorry, Jess," he said. "I'm really sleepy."

"Well, good thing you woke up because you seemed to be having a nightmare," said someone behind Jessica. Phillip finally met Colton's gaze. His smile widened.

"Colton!" Phillip shouted. Colton shook his head, grinning, as he extended a hand for Phillip to shake. Phillip grasped it. "So good to see you, Colt! You're looking good."

Colton smirked. "Don't develop a crush now, PP. You don't want Heejun to be jealous, do you?"

Phillip shuddered while Jessica giggled. "That Hungorean wouldn't leave me alone even in my dreams. He's still haunting me! Speaking of the moron, will he watch your concert? He's in Korea, right? It's just a few hours from the Philippines. I miss that guy. It's been a few months since I last saw him. Awww, I really wish I could come."

Colton looked at him pointedly. "I don't want you hogging Jessica this Valentine. Stay right here." His tone was sharp, but the three of them know he's playing around. Phillip pouted.

"It's our first Valentine's together and we're not... well... together," Phillip said forlornly. Colton grinned.

"Such a sap, PP," he teased. "You can celebrate any time, you know. To be fair, I won't be with Annie too. We agreed to celebrate right after the Valentine's concert."

Phillip nodded as he looked at Jessica, who's smiling at him. He pulled her closer and kissed her on the forehead. "I can't wait to have you back, Jess. I promise we'll celebrate once you get back. I'll make sure I don't have any schedule by then."

Jessica smiled. "No worries, PP. I understand. You're a big star now, you know. We'll celebrate once you're free. No pressure."

"Well, he'll be free when he's 50, Jess," said Colton. "He's so in demand right now that I doubt he even has time to look at himself in the mirror to see how big his eye bags are."

Phillip glared at Colton. "Who are you and what have you done to kind ol' Colton? I swear you acquired Heejun's personality when he left, man. That answer is so Heejun-ish."

(Somewhere in Korea, Heejun's sneezing. Damn you, PP, or Colton, he thought.)

Colton was about to retort when their flight was suddenly announced.

"Ooopsie," Colton said. "Guys, will you excuse me? I'll just say goodbye to the fam," he said as he stood up to join Schyler and his parents. Jessica turned to Phillip. He nodded and stood up as Jessica's Mom walked towards them.

"So..." Phillip said.

"So..." Jessica said as she mimicked PP. Phillip rolled his eyes.

"See you in two weeks?" Jessica asked, trying to sound cheerful. Phillip pouted, but he nodded. Jessica smiled and put her arms around his waist and hugged him tight. "I'll miss you, PP," she whispered.

"I'll miss you more," he whispered. Phillip released her when Mrs. Sanchez arrived in front of them.

"Mrs. Sanchez," he greeted, smiling at Jessica's Mom.

"PP," she greeted back. "See you in two weeks, okay? We need to go now."

Phillip nodded, but he is still not letting Jessica go. Mrs. Sanchez shook her head. "I'll leave you two to say goodbye. Hurry up though," she said as she turned around to join the other staff who will be going with them on this tour (including Colton and Jessica's publicists).

Jessica took a deep breath and looked up at Phillip. She smiled her signature Jessica smile. "I need to go, PP."

"I know," he said, but the sadness in his eyes was so obvious. Phillip reluctantly released her and leaned in to plant a soft kiss on her lips. Jessica closed her eyes as his lips met hers. She will miss him. But this time, she will be leaving with a light heart because she knows he will be there when she comes back. Phillip is finally staying in her life.

Someone clearing his throat behind them made the couple separate. It was Colton. He was looking at the ceiling, whistling. Phillip shook his head as he reluctantly removed his arms from Jessica. Colton met his gaze. He was smiling, but his eyes were serious.

"I'll take care of her, PP, you know that," Colton said. "She's in good hands."

"That's what I'm afraid of," Phillip answered, finally smiling. "See you soon, Colton. Enjoy. Try to tweet often, okay?"

Colton nodded. Jessica hugged Phillip once more and planted one last kiss on his lips.

"I love you, PP," Jessica said as Colton dragged her. "See you soon! I'll call you once I'm there!"

Phillip nodded helplessly as he saw her finally reach her Mom. Two airport staff led them towards the boarding door--- they are to board first.

"I love you too, Jess," he said softly as he waved at them before they finally boarded and were lost in sight.

Phillip waited until the plane departed.

He sighed. It's going to be a long two weeks.

Or not.

---

"Where's Phillip Phillips?" asked one paparazzi.

"Is it true he's having a vacation in Majorca?" asked another.

"Is Phillip in Georgia right now?" interjected one.

Phillip's Head Publicist smiled at all of them, but did not comment as she went inside her car and sped away.

"I am so going to kill you, Phillip Phillips," she whispered as she glanced at the paparazzi through the rear-view mirror of her car. "I think I need to retire."

---

After a very fun press conference, Jessica and Colton decided to relax at the pool. They are currently staying at the luxurious Edsa Shangri-la Hotel in Ortigas and they will not have any other engagements until the next day.

"Ahhh... this is the life," Colton said as he lounged at one of the pool deck chairs. "I wonder if I will tan this time."

Jessica, who was lounging on the chair beside him, giggled. "I don't know, Colt. You're still as pale as a ghost and we've been under the sun for an hour."

Colton took of his sunglasses just to glare at Jessica. "Just because you have my dream skin. I hate you, Jessica Sanchez." She answered him with another giggle. Colton shook his head and lay back down on his chair.

"I really wish Phillip was here," Jessica muttered to herself. She really missed him and it's just been two days. The media asking her about her boyfriend made Jessica miss him more.

Jessica smiled sadly. She really thinks Phillip can use the break. He should have come with her and he can just relax and roam around the Philippines. The country has the nicest beaches and Phillip would be relaxed.

"I heard that, Skinny Mini," Colton interjected. Jessica blushed, but Colton just smiled. "I assure you, Jess, Phillip is probably rolling in his bed right now, unable to sleep, because he misses you more than you miss him. If his schedule just doesn't make it impossible, I would bet that he's booking a flight right now just to see you."

Jessica smiled. "Yeah. That man's so busy. Heejun called a few days ago complaining that PP hasn't answered any of his calls yet. He was throwing a tantrum. I told him to stop harassing PP and just move on with you."

Colton looked horrified. "That's why that lug called me! You are such a devil, Jessica. Anyway, speaking of Heejun, will he be coming to watch us?"

Jessica bit her lip. "I don't know. He said he'll try. I wish he can. I miss him. It's harder to see him now because he's across the globe. He's been staying in Korea for more than a year."

"Yes and just visits the U.S. for a few days. I really hope he can come," Colton said. "It'll be quite the reunion."

Jessica nodded. "Indeed."

And all she can think of is Phillip's happiness when he sees his best friend once again.

---

February 14, 2014 

1 pm 

NAIA Terminal 1

He was awakened by the announcement of the flight of his friend. He lowered his bonnet so as to hide his face more as he waited for him to arrive. Not that they will recognize him. He's wearing a wig and a moustache as a disguise. He expected no fuss this time because it was an unannounced trip and his friend is wearing a disguise too, but it is still better to take precautions as someone can still recognize him.

He remembered his phone conversation with his friend last night:

"What the hell? How will I recognize you if you're wearing a disguise? I know how you smell, but you don't expect me to smell every person I think is you at the airport, do you?"

His friend laughed. "Just look for my jacket. It says Hungorean."

He shook his head and looked around the arrival area. It was a miracle there isn't any local media around that got wind of his friend's flight.

Well, Jessica Sanchez and Colton Dixon are here, he thought, who would think about any other foreign celebrities specially if their flights aren't announced.

His phone suddenly beeped. It was his friend.

Am here, man. Be out in five. Just had to get my luggage. Immigration was easy on me. Had a solo one-on-one in a private room.

He immediately looked up. There are people coming out to the Arrival Area. He searched for the jacket, but he couldn't see it. Frustrated, he stood up from his seat and went nearer. He looked at everyone passing closely, but none even resembled his friend.

It was until he noticed him. The guy was wearing a hoodie over his head. He has long blonde hair tied in a ponytail with a blonde moustache. He doesn't look like his friend, but he is sure once the dude turned around, there is a Hungorean emblazoned in his jacket.

He grinned and waited for his friend to see him. They've known each other for only a year, but he knows his friend will recognize him.

He saw his friend look around. He glanced at his way once or twice, but didn't even blink an eye. He frowned. His disguise is even worse than him--- he's easily recognizable! Unless this guy isn't really his friend.

But--- but--- the awkwardness... it's him. He told himself.

Then the guy turned around-there it is--- Hungorean. He waited for a few more minutes, but his friend seemed to not really recognize him.

He narrowed his eyes at his friend and started walking towards him, ready to introduce himself.

His friend has his back turned on him. He lifted his hand to pat his shoulder when his friend abruptly turned around, surprising him.

"What the----"

His friend looked at him seriously for a moment.... then grinned.

"Haha. I knew it was you. The disguise was so poor, man," his friend said while laughing.

He opened his mouth to talk, but his friend covered it with his own hand.

"Later, man. Shout at me all you want later. Where's your transportation?" his friend said.

Glaring at his friend, he motioned for him to follow.

They walked in silence until they reached the gate. An airport staff was waiting for them there. She guided them to a heavily-tinted van. Once his luggage has been put inside, the staff bid them goodbye and went on her way. He closed the door behind them.

"Where to, Sir?" asked the driver.

"Edsa Shangri-la," he answered. The driver nodded and started the van. After a few minutes, they are already on the road.

He removed his wig and his moustache before turning towards his friend who just did the same.

"You look horrible in a blonde wig and moustache, PP," said Heejun seriously. But then he smiled and pulled Phillip into a hug. "Nice to see you, King Kong!"

Phillip returned the hug wholeheartedly. He missed his best friend. L.A. isn't the same without Heejun Han.

"You are such a dope, Heejun Han," said Phillip once Heejun released him. "Was it so hard to approach me once you saw me? You had to wait for me to recognize you!" he exclaimed.

Heejun hit his friend on the head. "Then why didn't you approach me? Seriously, Phillip Phillips, if it weren't for Jessica's happiness, I will not tolerate your red ass. How did you manage to get away from your publicist again?"

Phillip smirked. "I told her to free my schedule from Feb. 13 to 20 or else I won't go to whatever she scheduled me for. Of course, she agreed. She just doesn't know I'm going out of the country."

"And Jessica? She didn't really suspect you?" Heejun asked.

Phillip shook his head. "No, man. I mean I didn't really have to fake missing her, you know. I didn't have to act. It's just a blessing she didn't ask what I will do in the next few days she isn't with me or I wouldn't be able to lie."

"Such a cheesy man, Phillip Phillips, yuck," Heejun declared, clearly surprised and a little disgusted. "Anyway, she will be surprised, I'm sure. You just have to be ready for the hell your publicist will give you once you get back. Philippine media won't let this go. They'll ask you a lot of questions. They're nice people, but can be kinda harsh too. You need to be honest with your feelings. It'll be the first time they can interview you regarding your relationship with her. Man, you caused a blast in that ustream!"

Phillip laughed shyly. "I know, man. And I'm ready for it all. Plus, that ustream was an opportunity. I just had to grab it."

Heejun gasped dramatically. "She got you whipped!"

Phillip hit him this time. "I'm not whipped, you moron! It's just that... I've caused her so many heartaches, ya know. I still feel I need to make up for them all."

Heejun shook his head. "Nah. What you did is enough for her. Jessica's always been easy to please-you just have to be sincere."

"Thanks, man, for everything you've done for us," Phillip said sincerely. "You've been a great help, you know."

Heejun narrowed his eyes at him. "Don't go emo on me now, PP. I did my part as your best friend and Jessica's sort of older brother. Plus, I know you're an idiot, remember? You need push." Phillip glared at him this time, but Heejun glared back. "Just don't surprise me with a wedding invitation soon and I'll be okay. I'm too young to be principal sponsor."

"That's ridiculous! Of course you wouldn't be a principal sponsor, you will be my Best Man." Then Phillip shook his head. "Plus, we're still too young."

And as if the words triggered it all, Heejun and Phillip suddenly looked at each other then grinned.

They started singing the last lines of Volcano... She's still too young...

And they laughed themselves silly.

----

February 14, 2014 

10 pm 

Araneta Coliseum

The concert was a success-an attendance of 18,000 people watched- 2000 more than their concert last year. Both Jessica and Colton felt overwhelmed and were both too giddy to say yes to a late night celebration even though they are both tired.

Colton dropped Jessica on her dressing room as they prepared for the party.

"See yah, Colt!" said Jessica enthusiastically. Colton winked at her before walking away, followed by his team.

Jessica smiled and turned around to confirm a schedule with her manager, but her words died on her throat when she realized that no one's following her.

She looked around. All she saw was a few of the Coliseum's staff.

"That's odd," she told herself. She swore her team and her mother are following her just before they reach her dressing room.

Jessica shrugged. "Might have gotten caught in an interview or something." She opened her dressing room and went inside, closing the door behind her.

When she turned around and surveyed the room, she smiled. There were a lot of flowers and gifts from fans. Her Blujays really are so sweet. She met a group yesterday called PhilJess Shippers Philippines. They were all so nice and oh so very curious. They gave her a shirt with her and Phillip's faces in front. They also gave her a larger size for Phillip. She promised them she would give it to him.

He'd love it.

She smiled and picked a random gift. It was the size of a shoebox. Jessica was about to open it when something caught her eyes.

There on the table lies a long-stemmed red rose. Jessica instantly forgot the gift and replaced it back on top of another gift as she went to the table.

Could it be--- she thought. There is only one person who gives her a long-stemmed red rose.

With a trembling hand, she slowly picked it up and noticed the folded piece of paper which was under the rose. She picked it up to read it.

Jessica Sanchez! Surprise! This is Heejun Han! I watched your concert with a friend! We stayed backstage. See you at the after party. I'm here at Colton's dressing room surprising him. He's probably shouting like a girl right now while you're reading this. I miss my bitch. Teehee. BTW...

Jessica laughed as she let out a breath---a breath of relief and disappointment combined. She tried to ignore the tiny disappointment though.

Jessica, stop. That's impossible. Phillip is in the U.S. Jessica assured herself. She took a deep breath and re-read the first part of the note. She smiled.

"Oh, Heejun," she said, deeply touched. Heejun never replied to them. They thought he wouldn't be coming. He watched them last year, but they weren't sure if he would this time. She's happy he was able to make it. Plus, leave it to him to surprise them both.

Jessica continued to read the note.

... did you get my present? Not the rose, you dummy. It wasn't from me anyway. I'm not that cheesy. I stole it. Haha. Kidding. The note is from me, though. :) And I really have a present. My present is there with the rose.

Jessica's brows furrowed. She looked at the table and the floor under it, but nothing's there except for her make-up artist's kit. Shaking her head, she continued reading the note

... Gotcha! You looked around the table, didn't you? Teehee. It's not a thing, Jessica Sanchez. My gift for you is alive and is an idiot. Look around. He's probably sweating behind your dressing room door now. He's been there since your last song. He was...

Even before she finished reading, Jessica immediately dropped the note and the rose. She tried to steady herself and closed her eyes.

"No, no... it's not him. Heejun is playing as usual. No, no," she repeated to herself like a mantra.

It couldn't be Phillip. Her boyfriend's the busiest person she knows. He just couldn't leave his appointments and fly to the Philippines just to see her.

"No, no," Jessica whispered to herself. "Calm down, Sanchez. Stop thinking about it. It's impossible. It's so impos--"

"What's impossible?" Came a voice from behind her.

Jessica's heart stopped for a second--- and then started beating fast as if she was competing in a triathlon.

She will never mistake that voice for another.

Jessica opened her eyes and slowly turned around.

Her heart stopped once again.

Standing in front of her, ten feet away, was Phillip.

"Hey, beautiful," he said softly. He was smiling shyly at her. "Surprise?" he asked a little awkwardly, not knowing how to act because of her reaction. She was just standing there, looking at him.

Then as if she can hear his silent plead, tears feel down from Jessica's eyes, but she was smiling.

And before Phillip can say anything or make any move, she ran towards him, wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed him.

Wasting no time, Phillip's hands wrapped around her waist and he pulled her closer, kissing her with all his heart.

---

"And they lived happily ever after," Heejun declared tiredly. "I know it will end up like this. I wish I have a girlfriend," he whined. He and Colton were standing outside, peeking through the gap in the door inside Jessica's dressing room.

Colton rolled his eyes and pulled Heejun away from the door. "Let's go, man. All the cheesiness is getting to me. Let's wait for them at the bus."

Heejun pouted, but he agreed. "Yeah, might as well."

Heejun took one last glance at the door of Jessica's dressing room. He shook his head and smiled. If there is someone happy for Phillip and Jessica, it is him.

I'm glad Jessica finally found someone who'll fix her and I am glad it was still the one who unintentionally broke her. Oh well, Phillip is still an idiot. He thought.

"Heejun!" called Colton from in front of him.

Heejun turned away from the door and smirked at Colton.

"Coming, honey!"

Fin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 935 12
Featuring Krist and Singto. It's their game of cat and mouse. An extra touch here, A fleeting kiss there, Heated, lingering gazes that could burn it...
67.2K 3K 18
He was suffering, and the constant stinging in his throat wasn't the problem. In fact, looking at them hug, hold hands, and exchange their love, was...
47 10 4
(22k Words) She couldn't stand him, but she couldn't do anything about it. He was a world-known idol, and she was his makeup artist. She hated how ev...
1.3K 65 25
"Minho was in complete and utter shock. Ji was right, he really was dumb. Could he really not tell that the younger had feelings for him? Or was he t...