I Wish We'd Never Met Again

By ankitawrites_Xx

{Book 1 in The Never series} "Marry me.", he commanded. "What?", I shrieked in disbelief looking into his eye... More

Aesthetics
I Wish We'd Never Met Again
Chapter 1-Starry or Stormy
Chapter 2- Don't wake the Devil
Chapter 3- The Orphanage
Chapter 4- The Disguise
Chapter 5- The Contract!
Chapter 6- Is he Mr. India?
Chapter 7- My Life is no less than a fairytale- Note the Sarcasm
Chapter 8- Haye such a gentleman!
Chapter 9- Women aren't weak!!
Chapter 10- The Creepy Stalker
Chapter 12- Dear Diary
Chapter 13- You're delusional!
Chapter 14- I Don't Want Her To Die
Chapter 15- Shocks, Stalker and Suffering
Chapter 16- The Past & The Nightmare.
Chapter 17- His laugh
Chapter 18- It will never be Okay
Chapter 19- I Believe You
Chapter 20- Revelations, Truth and a Command.
Chapter 21- Khanna Vs Dwayne
Chapter 22- I can't risk anything involving you
Chapter 23- His Gorgeous Smile
Chapter 24- The Block-of-Ice's Heart
Chapter 25- That Arrogant Son of a Bachelor
Chapter 26- Friends Reunion and a Paper slip.
Chapter 27- My Personal Haven
Chapter 28- I'm here to listen
Chapter 29-Mr Khanna and Mr Senior Khanna
Chapter 30- You're an Exception.
Chapter 31- As the vision, So the world.
Chapter 32- Someone turn the air conditioners on
Chapter 33- Who am I to you?
Chapter 34- My Little Tigress
Chapter 35- I do not belong to any-darn-one.
Chapter 36- One-shot!
Chapter 37- He looked C-O-N-T-E-N-T
Chapter 38- Intox-Intoxy?!
Chapter 39- Peanut butter for his Jelly
Chapter 40- Liza is dangerous!
Chapter 41- The Tragic End-I
Chapter 42- The Tragic End-II
Author's Note & Sequel
The sequel is Published!

Chapter 11- One person & numerable faces.

1.6K 156 127
By ankitawrites_Xx

"That's all for the day Aarav, we'll continue this assignment tomorrow, okay?", I asked Aarav. It's already 7:10 pm.

"Okay AJ."

"Great! I'll lea...." before I could complete my words, a shrieky voice stopped me which came from the hall.

"Who's it?"

I looked at Aarav whose face had contorted in a look of displeasure.

"Uh-ho, Barbie came.", he said annoyingly.

I laughed at his statement- a hoarse laugh may I add.

"Let's go in the hall, you'll understand everything.", Aarav ushered me towards the hall. I looked at Mr Khanna who as always was standing like a pole his hands were at his back, beside him was his secretary DD and behind him were his two bulky dark brooding bodyguards, I already told you I'm very observant and that's why I can bet that these two aren't from this country, maybe South African.

But what caught my attention was a feminine figure, her back was facing me, she had black hair with brown highlights which were curled slightly. She was wearing a black sundress. She turned towards Mr Khanna and that's when I noticed she was talking on her phone. I moved a little further and realized she was really very beautiful. She had a beautiful pair of gorgeous brown eyes. She ended her call.

The next moment what happened made me laugh so hard that I caught the attention of all of them and that wanted me to make myself invisible because Mr Khanna sent me a chilling gaze which made me shudder.

But you can't blame me.

Miss Barbie as Aarav calls her, lunged towards Mr Khanna and what he did was just narrow his eyes. He didn't even return the hug. How rude!

"Neil baby.", Miss Barbie said in a sickly sweet voice and I laughed out. Mr Khanna was a well-built man, any endearment term can be used but 'baby'- a big NO!

Behind him the two bodyguards also kept their hands on their mouths, 100% they were laughing. They cleared their throats instantly when they noticed me watching them.

Talking about Mr Khanna, his face didn't show any emotion, nothing surprising.

Miss Barbie didn't mind him not returning her hug. She wore an amazing smile, she turned towards me and eyed me sceptically.

"Neil baby who's this?", she asked him in her shrieky sweet voice.

"This is Mr Joshi, Aarav's home-tutor.", Mr Khanna said turning towards me.

She walked towards me and extended her hand for me to shake.

"Hello, Mr Joshi I'm Mali Shekhawat, Neil's to be fiancée.", she said smilingly. I felt I had heard this name before, I tried to recollect where but failed. Halting my thoughts, I shook her hand. Poor girl, she doesn't know what type of man is she going to get engaged to.

"Hello, myself Abhimaan Joshi.", I said in my hoarse, rough voice.

She looked at Aarav who bowed at her in a very gentlemanly manner. He surely was more mature than his age. Naina di is an excellent mother.

"Oh look at the cute gentleman over here.", she said looking at Aarav.

"Hello, Miss Ba- uh Mali.", Aarav greeted her.

"Hello, Aarav.", she said, and throwing one more glance at me, she moved back to where Mr Khanna was standing.

"Neil baby.", she said, and once again all the throats were cleared, this time including DD and Aarav. Mr Khanna looked at all of us, his chilling icy gaze freezing our laughs.

"Baby I've organized a ball today and want you to come so that you could meet my friends. We will dance, eat, meet new people and enjoy the night."

I'm coming to meet you tomorrow, don't you deny the invitation to Mali's party- the stalker's words rang in my ears.

Stars, so he knew I would be meeting Miss Mali today. The thought of meeting the stalker was making me shudder with fear.

"Miss Mali I'm afraid I can not come.", Mr Khanna said in a dismissive tone bringing me back to the present.

"Baby please, dad also wants you to be present. Please baby.", she pleaded to the man who didn't look fazed by her requests even a bit.

"Miss Mali I said once I can NOT come.", Mr Khanna said icily stressing the word 'not'. I scoffed at the way he was addressing the poor girl. She was being so sickly sweet and he- still being grumpy pants.

"Okay.", she said lowly. I didn't miss the defeated look in her eyes. Poor girl.

"Mr Joshi will you come to the ball. Since you are Aarav's tutor, I'd be seeing you here frequently, why not get acquainted a bit. Also maybe you can find someone special for you.", she laughed slightly. And I, well I needed to act naturally hence I chuckled sheepishly at her statement.

I don't want to go but what if the stalker told me everything.

"No Miss Mali, Mr Joshi can not come. He has some work.", Mr Khanna answered on my behalf. What does he think he is. I can answer well for myself. Chauvinistic creature.

Ping!- My phone vibrated with a notification. Again a message with an unknown private number.

'I hope you accepted the invitation to the party, love. We don't want something to happen to Saasu mom now do we? Also, don't come in your disguise, I want to see the real you.'

A part of my brain shuddered thinking about the possibility but other thought if I go to this event, I'll get to meet this creep and if possible can also get rid of him.

"I'd love to Miss Mali.", I answered with a small smile. She clapped her hands in excitement.

"Great, I'll wait for you. Here's the address.", she grinned and handed me a pass-like card. Hotel Paradise, Great! Note the sarcasm.

"Miss Mali uh I..", I trailed off not finding the accurate words.

"Yes Mr Joshi, any problem? Please don't tell me you can't come.", she frowned at her thought.

"No no, I was thinking If I could bring my sister with me."

"Oh of course no problem. I'd love to meet her.", she smiled.

"Thank you, Miss Mali.", I sighed. I hate that stalker for making me act according to him.

"Okay Neil Baby, I'll go. I sincerely hoped that you'd come, but it's okay.", she said and sighed.

Miss Mali went and my eyes locked with those of Mr Khanna's. And at that moment I realized, I messed up bad this time. His eyes nailed me at my position. He grumbled something and everyone left the hall except me and him.

And in one blink he was standing right in front of me. I gasped at how close do we get every time.

"What do you think you're doing Mr Joshi, when I told Miss Mali you won't be coming, I expected you to be affirming my statement. You don't miss any chance to defy my orders, do you?", Mr Khanna said taking a step ahead.

"Well, Mr Khanna I don't beg but still I beg to differ but I don't live up to someone's expectations. So keep your expectations and shove them in your pocket.", I confidently patted the pocket of his shirt and continued," You are just my employer who signs my paycheck for the work I do, you don't get to make decisions of what I do in my personal life.", I chuckled at him turning to move out but he as always stopped me in my tracks.

"Care to tell me how are you bringing your imaginary sister?", he asked icily.

"That's for me to know and you to dot, dot, dot.", I raised my not so perfectly shaped eyebrow at him.

"So you're not going to obey my orders, are you?"

"Why? I don't get paid for that, do I?", I said bitterly.

Avni's POV ends

Third Person's POV

Ping! - A notification brought Avni's attention to her phone.

You have been pissing me a lot lately, love. I told you to stay away from him but you don't seem to get the cue. No worries, today we are meeting, I'll make sure you get the idea of not defying my commands again. -It read

Her face drained off its colour. She was trying to contemplate if her action of going to the party is right or not.

Neil's gaze was fixed on her face. He was curious about the sudden change of sensations on her face.

Avni sprinted out of his house, a noticeable tension on her face.

"Hello DD, make sure Mis ahem I mean Mr Joshi reaches his home safely.", Neil commanded DD. It was not the first time. From the first day of her job, Neil had made sure she reached her home safely, however, Avni was oblivious about it.

'Only he can hurt her, no one else.'-Neil's words not mine.

________________________________

A sweet melody was drifting through the atmosphere of Hotel Paradise. A group of violinists and pianists were placed at the far end of the hall. Every single detail of the hall was glamorous. No wonder it was an event held by the town's second most successful business aristocrat. It was not surprising that the towns' rich and posh people were present chatting with each other. All women were clad in expensive, flowy ball gowns. Gentlemen were dressed in tuxedos.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you so much for taking out time for coming to this ball. I sincerely thank you all for joining us in our happiness.", Mali announced cheeringly. Her eyes were glinting with happiness.

"Now I'd like you to meet my to-be fiancé and the love of my life, Neil Khanna, the most successful businessman of our country.", she continued, her eyes shone with pride and adoration for Neil. Lights were projected on the youngest billionaire, his eyes were emotionless and didn't seem to acknowledge the admiring gazes which were centred on him. He was clad in an expensive Armani tuxedo. His aura screamed power and property.

Young women scoffed in jealousy by Mali's fate, Neil was no less than a Greek god, the way the tuxedo hugged his lean muscular figure did no good to them. He looked like a model out of a magazine.

"Neil, my boy I'm so happy you could make it to this event.", A man in his late 50s hugged Neil affectionately, his lips were curled in a wide grin.

"Pleasure is all mine, Mr Shekhawat.", Neil patted his back with his right hand.

"Neil baby, thank you so much for coming.", Mali said side hugging Neil. She pulled back and flashed him a heartwarming smile.

"Well, I'll leave you kids to enjoy, see you later Neil.", Mr Shekhawat said and left them.

"Baby come, I want you to meet my friends.", Mali said excitedly and laced her fingers with that of Neil's. They moved towards a group of adults while Neil's bodyguards followed them.

"Attention guys!", Mali clapped her hands to stop their conversations.

The ladies in the group fanned themselves suddenly feeling the temperature rise.

"Mali you're so lucky, your fiancé is so handsome.", a lady commented, she wore an elegant red ball gown, her red hair complimented her dress beautifully.

"Indeed I'm lucky.", Mali's eyes shown with sincerity. They busied themselves in conversation, while Neil just stood there acknowledging their presence with a curt nod.

"Goodness gracious who do we have here?", a deep voice nudged Neil to turn around.

Neil turned to look at the owner of the voice. It was the biggest rival of Neil's empire. Vidyut Dwayne, the owner of Dwayne Enterprises & Co. Neil didn't miss the evil glint in his voice.

"Mr Dwayne.", Neil spoke venomously.

"Pleasure to meet you again Neil.", Vidyut said with a smirk.

"Wish I could say the same, Mr Dwayne.", Neil spoke monotonously.

"A bird told me that you weren't coming to this ball, what may I ask is the reason for your sudden glorious appearance?", Vidyut asked ignoring Neil's reply shamelessly.

Before Neil could reply, Vidyut's attention shifted from his face to the entrance of the huge hall.

Gasps erupted looking at the feminine beauty that had taken away the breath of more than half of the male population. She looked like an angel descended from heaven.

"Miss Mehta.", Neil whisper was absolutely inaudible.

Avni looked at the arrangements of the ball and nervously tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She looked magnificent. Her black silky hair was curled to perfection. Her black ball gown complimented her pale skin. One word to describe her was- gorgeous.

The sweetheart neckline of her gown wasn't indecent in any aspect. It hugged her body beautifully. The diamond studs Neela maa bought her on her 21st birthday added more stars to her undeniable natural beauty.

She didn't wear anything on her neck.

Neil's breath was knocked out of his body seeing the beauty in front of her but no way in hell was he going to accept the fact that he wasn't able to move his gaze off her.

Avni bit her lip apprehensively. She was finding it hard to focus on her surroundings. All eyes were on her.

Neil's eyes caught the slight smirk on Mr Dwayne's face which made him suspicious.

'God she's so beautiful.'

'You see she'll be your sister-in-law soon.'

'What's an angel doing in such a cruel world.'

Comments rose everywhere, the men in the ball didn't care to take their eyes off her which made her shift slightly in her composure. Neil's grip on his champagne glass tightened unconsciously listening to them.

A lady approached her. She was the Queen of the Shekhawat empire i.e Mrs Shekhawat. She hugged Avni with a sort of motherly affection.

"Oh, my darling! You're so beautiful.", she gushed with excitement.

Avni gave a small smile before putting her hands around the petite figure of the lady.

"That's so kind of you ma'am."

"I'm sorry honey but I didn't recognize you."

"Myself Avni, the sister of Abhimaan Joshi. Miss Mali must have told you about him.", Avni spoke gently.

"Right sweetheart, now I'm excited to meet your brother. I'm sure good looks run in your genes.", she laughed slightly.

"I'm so sorry ma'am, Abhi couldn't make it to the ball. There was an emergency. His friend got into an accident and hence he had to run to the hospital. He sent me with an apology on his behalf."

"Oh no honey, that's no problem. Is your brother's friend okay now. Is there something we can help you with?", Mrs Shekhawat's eyes gleamed with sympathy.

"No, No Mrs Shekhawat, he's alright for now."

"Everything will be fine, darling. Don't worry and I'm so glad that such a beautiful lady could join us.", she smiled pulling her into another hug.

Mali approached Avni and once again every detail was repeated. She hugged her and complimented her on her beauty. She ushered her inside the hall. Before she could say anything, her eyes locked with a pair of eyes.

'What's he doing here?'

'Let me ask him and then I'll tell you okay, my darling conscience.', Avni said sarcastically.

'Excuse me miss don't show this attitude to me, I'm your conscience.'

Before she could throw a better comeback to her conscience. An arm wrapped around her waist making her squirm. She tilted her head to look who's it.

"What's a beautiful angel like you doing here alone?", the man asked her in a calm whisper, a slight smirk visible on his face.

Avni gently removed his hand off her waist and took a step back to maintain a proper distance.

"I'm sorry but do you know me?", Avni said out of courtesy, irrespective of how her insides were churning with nervousness and discomfort in his presence.

His hand tucked a single strand of hair behind her ear and before she could say anything he spoke making her speechless.

"Absolutely, maybe more than you know yourself, love.", he spoke leaning towards her ear a bit. Avni's eyes widened at the endearment. Vidyut smirked looking at her reaction.

"Is there any problem over here?" Neil stood behind her who didn't miss the way Vidyut looked at Avni.

Avni let out a shaky breath when she realized Neil was right behind her. His mere presence made her feel safe, but of course, no way on earth was she going to acknowledge this fact.

"Not at all, I'll see you around Miss.", Vidyut said, his voice had an ounce of mockery. He turned and left."

Her phone pinged again.

You look absolutely ravishing today, love.

Her eyes instantly darted towards Vidyut who was already smirking looking in her direction.

"Stars!", she exclaimed with shock.

_______________________________________

Well, Thank you so much for reading my beautiful readers.

I hope you enjoyed reading the chapter.

Don't forget to write how you felt about it. Do vote and tag your friends.

Precap-

"You had me waiting for so long, love."

"You're a sick psychopath, you need treatment goddammit."

"Now now, those curse words don't look good from your pretty little mouth, love."

"Leave me I'm telling you."

Before she could retract her hand back, he leaned forward and his eyes flickered to her lips, Avni's eyes widened with fear, and tears formed in them. No way in hell was she going to lose her first kiss to a sick-obsessed psychopath.

She closed her eyes in fear and a lone tear escaped her eye.

To be continued..............

See you in the next update.

Till then.

Stay safe and stay happy.

Aapki seva mein sadev tatpar.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

751K 22.6K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
299K 14.9K 36
_COMPLETED_ #2 in HATE Series Fabulous 😍 Cover by @weirdosaurs (I don't have any words to describe that how much I loved this cover😍) This book is...
219K 11.5K 75
Jism ki nahi Rooh ki Mohabbat hai. " You are cheating on me," he said glaring at me. " Yes," I said. " What can you do" I taunt him. He pulled me clo...
1.2M 41.9K 68
He was filled with ego, rudeness, and cruelty. Every girl throws themselves on him just for his looks and money, but there is only one girl in his li...