π”Έπ•π•šπ•€π• π•Ÿ π•Žπ•šπ•Ÿπ•”π•™π•–π•€π•₯...

By The_Tomboy_13

Alison is a three year old girl, who just so happens to be the daughter of Dean Winchester. The father-daugh... More

β€’ Cast β€’
Pilot
Dead in the water
Phantom traveler
Bloody mary part 1
Bloody mary part 2
Bloody mary part 3
Skin part 1
Skin part 2
Skin part 3
Hook man part 1
Hook man part 2
Hook man part 3
Bugs part 1
Bugs part 2
Bugs part 3
Home part 1
Home part 2
Home part 3
Asylum part 1
Asylum part 2
Asylum part 3
Scarecrow part 1
Scarecrow part 2
Scarecrow part 3
Faith part 1
Faith part 2
Faith part 3
Faith part 4
Route 666 part 1
Route 666 part 2
Route 666 part 3
Nightmare part 1
Nightmare part 2
Nightmare part 3
The benders part 1
The Benders part 2
The benders part 3
Shadow part 1
Shadow part 2
Shadow part 3
Hell house part 1
Hell house part 2
Hell house part 3
Something wicked part 1
New covers!
Something wicked part 2
Something wicked part 3
Something wicked part 4
Provenance part 1
Provenance part 2
Provenance part 3
Provenance part 4
Dead mans blood part 1
Dead mans blood part 2
Dead mans blood part 3
Salvation part 1
Salvation part 2
Devils trap part 1
Devils trap part 2
!!Book 2!!

Wendigo

13.2K 228 82
By The_Tomboy_13

Sam jolted awake in the passenger seat of the impala.

Alison was asleep, Dean glanced at him.

"You okay?" Dean asked as Sam rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Sam said it like it was obvious.

"Another nightmare?"

Sam cleared his throat loudly, trying to change the subject.

"Want to drive for a while?" Dean asked.

Sam looked at him, and chuckled.

"In your whole life, you never once asked me that." Sam pointed out.

"Just thought you might want to. Never mind." Dean said.

"All right, look, man, I know you're worried about me. I get it, and thank you, but I'm perfectly okay." Sam said.

"Mm-Hmm." Dean just went along with it.

"All right." Sam cleared his throat and grabbed the map on the dash. "Where are we?" He asked.

"We are just outside of grand junction." Dean told him.

Sam took in a deep breath.

"You know what? Maybe we shouldn't have left Stanford so soon." He said looking at the map in his hands.

"Sam, we dug around there for a week. We came up with nothing." Dean reminded his brother. "If we want to find the thing that killed Jessica—"

"We got to find dad first." Sam finished for him.

"Dad disappearing, and this thing showing up again after 20 years? It's no coincidence." Dean said. "Dad will have answers. He'll know what to do."

"It's weird, man. These coordinates he left us, this black water ridge..." Sam trailed off.

"What about it?" Dean asked.

"There's nothing there. It's just woods." Sam dropped the map into his lap and looked up. "Why is he sending us to the middle of nowhere?" He questioned.

Dean looked over at him, before turning down a road.

~~~

"So black water ridge is pretty remote." Sam said.

Alison sniffled, dean had to wake her up. She wasn't happy, and what made it worse was that she ran out of apple juice.

"It's cut off by these canyons here— rough terrain, dense forest, abandoned silver and gold mines all over the place..." Sam trailed off looking over a big map of the area.

"Dude, check out the size of this friggin' bear." Dean said, adjusting Ali on his hip as they looked at a picture.

Sam turned his head to look at them then walked over to them.

"And a dozen or more grizzlies in the area." Sam added on. "It's no nature hike, that's for sure."

Alison watched as a ranger walked up behind them.

"You fellas aren't planning to go out near black water ridge, by any chance, especially with a toddler?" The man asked them.

Alison was a little offended, but she was too tired and upset to show it.

"Oh, no, sir. We're environmental-study majors from U.C. Boulder— just working on a paper." Sam told him.

"Recycle, man." Dean raised a fist and chuckled.

"Bull." The ranger said.

Sam nervously glanced at his brother.

"You're friends with that Hailey girl, right?"

Dean thought for a moment.

"Yes." He spoke up. "Yes, we are, ranger...Wilkinson." Dean read the mans name tag as they stepped closer to him.

"Well, I will tell you exactly what I told her. Her brother filled out a backcountry permit saying he wouldn't be back from black water until the 24th. So it's not exactly a missing persons now, is it?" He said.

Dean shook his head.

"Tell that girl to quit worrying. I'm sure her brothers just fine." Ranger Wilkinson began walking away.

"We will." Dean said. "Well, that Hailey girls quite a pistol, huh?"

"That is putting it mildly."

"Actually, you know what would help is if I could show her a copy of that backcountry permit. You know, so she could see her brothers return date." Dean added on.

~~~

"Yeah. Heh heh." Dean chuckled as they walked back to the impala with the paper in one of his hands.

"What, are you cruising for a hookup or something?" Sam asked him.

"What do you mean?" Dean asked.

"The coordinates point to black water ridge. So what are we waiting for? Let's just go find dad. I mean, why even talk to this girl?" Sam said going to his side of the impala.

"I don't know, maybe we should know what we're walking into before we actually walk into it." Dean told him.

Alison whined and squirmed in deans arms, he tapped her leg for her to stop but she didn't.

"What?" Sam asked seeing the look his brother was giving him.

"Since when are you all shoot first, ask questions later?"

"Since now."

Sam opened his car door.

"Oh, really?" Dean asked.

Alison squirmed again and let out a small cry. Dean looked at her.

"You want juice?" He asked her.

Alison nodded slightly, still squirming a little.

"You want to sit up front with me and Sammy?" He asked.

Alison nodded as sleepy tears threatened to fall.

Dean kissed her forehead then climbed into the car.

~~~

Alison had fallen asleep in the front seat, dean and sam got out of the impala, trying their best to not make so much noise.

Alison had a thing about being alone, but she had recently just turned three, dean wanted to make it quick just in case she woke up, and they weren't there.

They walked up to the front door, and knocked on it. A moment later, the door opened and a girl appeared in the doorway.

"You must be Hailey Collins. I'm Dean, this is Sam. We're rangers with the park service. Ranger Wilkinson sent us over. We wanted to ask you some questions about your brother Tommy." Dean told the girl.

"Let me see some I.D." Hailey told them.

Dean reached into his pocket and pulled the fake I.D. out, and held it against the screen.

"There you go." He said, letting her get a good look at it.

"Come on in." She opened the screen door, allowing them inside.

"Thanks." Dean said.

As they were stepping inside, Hailey noticed the impala sitting in the front.

"That yours?" She asked dean.

"Yeah." Dean said.

"Nice car." She said then walked inside.

Dean raised his eyebrows at her, then followed, Sam doing the same.

"So, if Tommy's not due back for a while, how do you know somethings wrong?" Sam asked hailey as she entered the room with a bowl in her hands.

"He checks in every day by cell. He emails photos, stupid little videos. But we haven't heard anything for over three days now." Hailey said.

"Well, maybe he can't get cell reception." Sam suggested.

"He's got a satellite phone, too." Hailey shook her head and started back towards the kitchen.

"Could it be he's just having fun and forgot to check in?" Dean asked.

The boy at the table put his pencil down and looked at dean.

"He wouldn't do that." He told him.

"Our parents are gone. It's just my two brothers and me." Hailey set some more food on the table. "We all keep pretty close tabs on each other."

"Can I see the pictures he sent you?" Sam asked Hailey.

"Yeah." Hailey said.

She got out her computer, and brought up the pictures.

"That's Tommy." She said.

She clicked through some of the pictures.

"This is his last message." Hailey said then played the video.

"Hey, Hailey. Day six. We're still out near black water ridge. We're fine, keeping safe, so don't worry, okay? Talk to you tomorrow." Then the video ended.

Something did catch Sams eye though.

"We'll find your brother. We're heading out to black water ridge first thing." Dean said.

"Then maybe I'll see you there." Hailey brushed past dean. "Look, I can't sit around here anymore, so I hired a guide. I'm heading out in the morning, and I'm gonna find Tommy myself." Hailey told the two of them.

"I think I know how you feel." Dean told her.

"Hey, you mind forwarding these to me?" Sam asked Hailey, talking about the videos and pictures.

"Sure."

~~~

Alison sat beside Sam at their table in the bar. She was too tired to really pay attention to anything.

"So, black water ridge doesn't get a lot of traffic— local campers mostly— but, still, this past April, two hikers went missing out there. They were never found." Sam said to dean.

"Any before that?" Dean asked glancing at his daughter who was rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah. In 1982, eight different people all vanished in the same year. Authorities said it was a grizzly attack. And, again, in 1959, and again, before that, in 1936–" Sam hit out his laptop and opened the lid.

"Every 23 years, just like clockwork. Okay, watch this. Here's the clincher." Sam clicked into a file. "I downloaded that guy Tommy's video to the laptop. Check this out."

Sam then played the same video Hailey had showed them, but it was a lot slower.

He clicked the key three times, each time the picture changed.

"Do it again." Dean told him.

Sam did it again, it showed a black figure moving by outside of Tommy's tent.

"That's three frames. It's a fraction of a second. Whatever that thing is, it can move." Sam said.

Dean smacked Sams arm making him look at him.

"I told you something weird was going on."

"Yeah. I got one more thing." Sam closed his laptop. "In '59, one camper survived the supposed grizzly attack, just a kid— barely crawled out of the woods alive." Sam said.

(Okay, so while editing this, I was trying to center all of the words, but it's just taking way too much time that I don't have, so I kinda just gave up on it.)

"Is there a name?" Dean asked.

"Yep." Sam said.

"All right, then. Let's go." Dean got up out of his seat.

Sam chuckled making Dean look at him, he traced Sams eyes to Alison who was out like a light, again, with her head on the table.

Dean chuckled then went over to her, he picked her up, making her jolt awake.

"It's just me, you're okay." Dean told her, she calmed back down and laid her head on his shoulder.

~~~

"Look, ranger, I don't know why you're asking me about this. It's public record. I was a kid." The man, Mr. Shaw said as they entered his house. "My parents got mauled by a—"

"Grizzly? That's what attacked them?" Sam cut him off.

The man took his cigarette out of his mouth, then nodded.

"The other people that went missing that year— those bear attacks, too?" Dean asked taking a few steps closer to him. "What about all the people that went missing this year? Same thing? If we knew what we were dealing with, we might be able to stop it."

"I seriously doubt that." Mr. Shaw said to dean. "Anyways, I don't see the difference it would make. You wouldn't believe me. Nobody ever did." He sat on his couch.

Sam took a few steps closer.

"Mr. Shaw..." Sam trailed off as he sat down next to him. "What did you see?"

The man sighed.

"Nothing. It moved too fast to see. It hid too well. I heard it, though. A roar...like no man or animal I ever heard."

Alison looked up at the guy.

"It came at night?" Sam questioned.

Mr. Shaw nodded his head.

"Got inside your tent?" Sam asked.

"It got inside out cabin."

Alison gasped quietly.

"I was sleeping in front of the fireplace when it came in. It didn't smash a window or break the door— it unlocked it. Do you know of a bear that could do something like that?"

"Ogi?"Alison asked quietly, dean tightened his grip around her a little.

"I didn't even wake up until I heard my parents screaming." Mr. Shaw said.

"It killed them?" Sam asked him.

"Dragged them off into the night. Why it left me alive— I've been asking myself that ever since. It did leave me this, though." Mr. Shaw pulled down his shirt, revealing four big claw marks.

Alison hid her face in deans neck.

"There's something evil in those woods. It was some sort of a demon."

~~~

"Spirits and demons don't have to unlock doors. If they want inside they just go through the walls." Dean pointed out as he adjusted Alison on his hip.

"So it's probably something else— something corporeal." Sam said.

"Corporeal? Excuse me, professor." Dean said.

"Shut up. So, what do you think?" Sam asked.

"The claws, the speed that it moves— it could be a skinwalker, maybe a black dog. Whatever we're talking about, we're talking about a creature, and it's corporeal, which means we can kill it." Dean told Sam.

~~~

Dean put Alison in her car seat then went to the trunk, he unlocked it, then got in the Arsenal.

He pried it up with a shotgun and started filling a bag.

"We cannot let that Hailey girl go out there." Sam said coming up beside dean.

"What are we gonna tell her— she can't go into the woods because of a big, scary monster?" Dean asked.

"Yeah."

Dean looked up at Sam who was looking back at him.

"Her brothers missing, Sam. She's not just gonna sit this out. No, we go with her, we protect her, and we keep our eyes peeled for our fuzzy predator friend." Dean got the bag out of the trunk.

"So finding dad's not enough?" Sam pulled the shotgun down, and closed everything. "Now we got to babysit, too?"

Dean glared at his brother.

"What?" Sam asked.

"Nothing." Dean said turning his head to side a tiny bit.

He threw the duffel bag at Sam then walked around the car, and got into the drivers seat.

"Daddy otay?" Alison asked dean.

"Yeah." Dean answered, for her sake. "You okay, Ali?" He asked in the same tone she used.

Alison giggled a little.

"Otay."

Dean smiled at her.

~~~

Dean pulled the impala off onto a gravel road, and it rolled to a stop in front of Hailey, Ben, and Roy, the guide Hailey hired.

Sam and Dean got out, then Sam got Alison out and set her on the ground.

"You got room for three more?" Dean asked with his arms out.

"You want to come with us?" Hailey asked them.

"Who are these guys?" Roy asked her.

Alison took sams hand after he fixed the bag on his shoulder, and kept her teddy bear in the other hand.

"Apparently, this is all the park service could muster up. Search and rescue."

"You're rangers?" Roy asked.

"That's right." Dean said.

"Whats with the kid?" Roy asked as Sam and Alison past him.

"Sitter canceled last minute." Dean told him.

"You're hiking out in biker boots and jeans?" Hailey asked dean.

"Well, sweetheart, I don't do shorts." Dean brushed past her and Roy.

"You think this is funny? It's dangerous backcountry out there. Her brother might be hurt, and it's not safe to bring a toddler out here." Roy said.

"Believe me, I know how dangerous it can be. We just want to help them find their brother. That's all." Dean walked to Alison and Sam.

~~~

Alison walked a little behind, jumping from one log to another, or tossing her bear up in the air.

"Roy, you said you did a little hunting." Dean said, trying to start up conversation.

"Yeah, more than a little."

"Uh-Huh. What kind of furry critters do you hunt?" Dean asked him.

"Mostly buck. Sometimes bear." Roy answered, Alison tightened her grip on her teddy bear.

"Tell me, uh, Bambi of yogi ever hunt you back?" Dean asked.

Roy then grabbed deans jacket and jerked him back, making everyone freeze.

"What you doing, Roy?" Dean questioned the mans actions.

Roy bent down and picked up a stick, then stuck it in the bear trap Dean almost stepped in, the trap snapped the stick in half.

"You should watch where you're stepping...ranger." Roy dropped the stick then walked away.

Dean nodded a little annoyed, he chuckled then turned to the group.

"It's a bear trap." He then followed after Roy.

Ben followed Hailey, who followed after dean and Roy. Sam grabbed Alisons hand and made her stay close.

"You didn't pack any provisions. You guys are carrying a duffel bag. You're not rangers, so who the hell are you?" Hailey grabbed deans jacket making him stop.

Ben walked past them, Alison and Sam looked up at dean who nodded telling them to go ahead.

The two passed them, following everyone else.

"Sam and I are brothers, Ali's my daughter, and we're looking for our father, her grandfather. He might be here. We don't know. I just figured that you and me, we're in the same boat." Dean simply told her.

"Why didn't you just tell me that from the start?" Hailey asked him.

"I'm telling you now. Besides, it's probably the most honest I've ever been with a woman...ever." Dean told her.

Hailey shook her head, a little confused.

"But I thought you said, Ali was your daughter. What about her mom?"

Dean cleared his throat and looked down at his boots.

Alisons mother's name, was Hannah. As far as dean knew, the lady was still alive. Dean and Hannah were together for a short amount of time, a week or two.

Dean and her got drunk, and did some things that night. When dean woke up, she was gone.

Eleven months later, there's a baby at his door with a note basically saying, that Hannah was pregnant, and just didn't want the baby.

He never saw Hannah again, and he wanted it to stay that way.

"Are we good, or not?" Dean asked quickly wanting to change the subject.

Hailey hesitantly nodded.

"Yeah, okay."

"And what do you mean I didn't pack provisions?" Dean reached into both of his pockets and pulled out a family sized bag of milk chocolate m&ms, and Alisons sippy cup that was full of apple juice.

Dean wanted to bring peanut m&ms, but Alison was allergic to peanuts, and he knew she was going to ask for some. If he said no, she would pull out her puppy eyes.

Then they may be taking a trip to the emergency room.

Dean turned and walked away from Hailey back towards the others, she followed him.

"Here, Ali." Dean handed Alison her sippy cup, she smiled and took it but then noticed the bag of m&ms in deans hand.

She almost immediately pulled out her puppy eyes, dean sighed and picked her up, then popped one into her mouth.

"Fank you, daddy." Alison laid her head on deans shoulder.

Dean smiled at the little girl.

After a long while of walking, Roy finally spoke up.

"This is it— Black water ridge." He said.

"What coordinates are we at?" Sam asked.

Roy pulled a small device out of his pocket and pressed some buttons.

"35 and minus 111." Roy told him.

Dean walked over to Sam, with Alison still in his arms.

"You hear that?" Dean asked Sam.

Alison perked her head up to listen for whatever her dad was talking about, but she didn't hear anything.

"Yeah. Not even crickets." Sam said in a quiet voice to his brother.

Then Alison got the point, she giggled at herself then took a drink of her juice.

"I'm gonna go take a look around." Roy said putting the device back in his pocket.

"You shouldn't go off by yourself." Sam said.

Roy chuckled.

"That's sweet. Don't worry about me." Roy brushed past them.

"All right, everybody stays together." Dean said as he put Alison down, and took her hand instead. "Let's go."

They started walking again, but then Roy called out.

"Hailey! Over here!" He shouted.

They all rushed over to Roy where there was a torn up and bloody campsite.

"Oh, my god." Hailey said.

"Looks like a grizzly." Roy said.

"No." Alison said shaking her head.

"Oh, yeah?" Roy asked her. "What else could it be, then?"

Alison looked at him, dean glared. Roy definitely did not like how much they looked identical.

Dean turned and crouched down to Alison.

"I need you to stay close, all right?" He pat her arm, she nodded then stuck right to his side as they walked through the area.

Dean turned Alison away from any big portions of blood.

"Tommy?" Hailey called out as she unbuckled her hiking bag, and let it fall to the ground. "Tommy!"

"Shh! Shh!" Sam rushed to her and shushed her.

"Why?" Hailey questioned him.

"Something might still be out there." Sam told her.

"Sam." Dean called out.

A moment later Sam went to Alison and dean, who were crouched down on the ground. Well, dean was, Alisons shortness kind of did the job for her.

"The bodies were dragged from the campsite." Dean said after covering Alisons ears. "But here, the tracks just vanish. It's weird." He uncovered Alisons ears and stood back up.

"I'll tell you what. It's no skinwalker or black dog." Dean took Alison hand and started walking away.

They went back to the others and saw Hailey crouched down on the ground with a crushed, bloody phone in her hands.

Dean crouched down to her, while Alison wandered off, doing her own thing.

"Hey, he could still be alive." Dean told Hailey.

They then heard somebody yelling from the woods around them.

"Help! Please! Somebody help me!" The voice cried out.

Dean cocked his gun then crouched down to Alison.

"Stay right here. Do, not, move." He told her, then rushed off with the others.

Alison watched them, she was a little scared, but it only worsened when she heard a growl from behind her, her grip tightened on her bear.

Dean, Sam, Hailey, Ben, and Roy got to an open gap through the trees, they looked around but then heard a scream coming from the campsite they just left.

Deans heart dropped way below his feet, it wasn't the fact that Alison screamed. It was the way she screamed.

He knew every one of Alisons screams, from her tantrum scream, to her pained scream. This one, was a terrified scream.

The group immediately turned around and sprinted back. Dean ran faster than all of them, his heart pounding in his chest, that kick of adrenaline going through the roof.

They got back, and alison was gone, along with their supplies.

Dean felt tears burning his eyes, he turned to Sam, who immediately saw the fear and regret in his brothers eyes.

"I lost her, Sammy, she's gone." Deans legs almost gave out, he would have been on the ground if it weren't for Sam catching him.

"We'll get her back, dean. Don't worry." Sam fixed him to stand up straight.

"Yeah, you're right. We're gonna get her back." Dean said mostly to assure himself that his little girl was okay.

Dean started looking around the grounds, until he saw Alisons teddy bear laying in the dirt, her sippy cup not far away from it.

He crouched down and picked them up, then stood back up.

Hailey felt terrible for dean, she walked over to him and placed her hand on his shoulder, he turned to look at her.

"We're gonna find her. We're gonna find both of them." She pulled dean into a hug.

Dean didn't refuse it.

"So much for my GPS and my satellite phone." Roy muttered to himself.

Hailey pulled away from dean and turned to everybody else.

"What the hell is going on?" She questioned.

"It's smart. It wants to cut us off so we can't call for help." Sam explained.

"You mean someone— some nut job out there just stole all out gear, and a kid." Roy spoke up.

"I need to speak with you, in private." Sam said walking up to his brother.

He led dean off.

"Look, dean, I know you're upset, I am too. But we can't leave our guards down, not out here. Now, I think I know what this thing is, let me see dad's journal." He said.

Dean glanced down at the ground before handing Sam the journal.

Sam flipped through the pages, then turned it to dean so he could see it.

"All right, check that out." Sam said.

"Come on, sam. Wendigos are in the Minnesota woods or northern Michigan. I've never heard of one this far west." Dean said.

"Think about it, dean— the claws, the way it can mimic a human voice." Sam pointed out.

"Great, my kid was taken by a freaking wendigo. I guess this is useless." Dean held up his pistol, then lowered it again.

Sam gave dean the journal back and started past him, he turned back to dean.

"We got to get these people to safety." He said then turned to walk, but dean grabbed his arm.

"No. No way, not with my little girl still out there." Dean told his brother.

"We'll come back, dean. We just need to get them out of here, first." Sam said.

Dean let go of Sams arm and let him walk.

"All right, listen up. It's time to go. Things have gotten more complicated." Sam said walking to the other three, dean followed.

"What?" Hailey asked.

"Kid, don't worry. Whatever's out there, I think I can handle it." Roy told Sam.

"It's not me I'm worried about. If you shoot this thing, you're just gonna make it mad. We have to leave now." Sam told them.

"One, you're talking nonsense, two, you're in no position to give anybody orders." Roy said.

"Relax." Dean tried to cool the argument down a little.

"We never should have let you come out here in the first place, all right. I'm trying to protect you." Sam said to Roy.

"You protect me? I was hunting these woods when your mommy was still kissing you good night." Roy got up closer to Sam.

"Yeah? It's a damn-near-perfect hunter. It's smarter than you. And it's gonna hunt you down and eat you alive unless we get your stupid sorry ass out of here." Sam said.

Roy then laughed and grabbed Sam.

"You know you're crazy, right?" He said.

"Yeah? You ever hunt—" Sam started but was shoved by Dean, cutting him off.

"Chill out." He pointed at Sam and backed him away from Roy.

"Roy! Stop." Hailey stepped in. "Stop it. Everybody just stop." All eyes were on her now.

"Look, Tommy and Ali might still be alive. I'm not leaving here without them." Hailey stated.

Dean looked at Sam.

"I like her plan better than yours." He told him in a quieter voice. "It's getting late." He turned back to everyone else.

"This thing is a good hunter in the day, but an unbelievable hunter at night. We'll never beat it— not in the dark." Dean told them. "We need to settle in and protect ourselves." He brushed past them.

"How?" Hailey asked him.

~~~

"One more time, that's..." Hailey trailed off questioningly.

"Anasazi symbols. It's for protection. The wendigo can't cross over them." Dean said as he was drawing the symbols in the dirt.

Roy started laughing.

"Nobody likes a skeptic, Roy." Dean told him as he stood up.

He walked off to Sam.

~~~

Alison stirred as she started to wake up, she could barely feel anything. Her head was throbbing, and felt like it would explode if she moved.

She was finding it hard to breathe, and her vision was foggy.

She did feel some sort of liquid coming from her stomach and her arm.

Her memory started to come back to her, she remembered turning around, screaming, then being dragged off into the woods.

It was dark, she didn't know where she was, and she was afraid to speak. Tears stung her eyes as she wanted to break down and cry, but she couldn't.

She had to stay brave and strong.

For dean.

~~~

Sam sat against a tree stump, they encountered the wendigo last night, Roy ended up shooting it but then running after it.

Sam and Dean chased him but they couldn't find him.

Sam played with the chain attached to johns journal.

"I don't— I mean, these types of things— they aren't supposed to be real." Hailey said.

"I wish I could tell you different." He walked over to them and crouched down beside them.

"How do we know it's not out there watching us?"

"We don't. But we're safe for now." Dean told her.

"How do you know about this stuff?" Hailey asked.

"It kind of runs in the family." Dean said getting up from his spot.

"Hey." Sam said walking up to them. "So, we've got half a chance in the daylight. And I, for one...want to kill this evil son of a bitch." Sam told them.

"Well, hell, you know I'm in." Dean said as he was putting Alisons things in his pockets.

Sam started showing and telling Hailey and Ben how the wendigo works.

"Wendigo is a Cree Indian word. It means, evil that devours." He told theme

"They're hundreds of years old. Each one was once a man, sometimes an Indian or other times a frontiersman or a miner or hunter." Dean cut in.

"How's a man turn into one of those things?" Hailey questioned.

"Well, it's always the same. During some harsh winter, a guy finds himself starving, cut off from supplies or help— becomes a cannibal to survive, eating other members of his tribe or camp." Dean told them.

"Like the donner party." Ben spoke up.

"That's right." Sam said. "Cultures all over the world believe that eating human flesh gives a person certain abilities— speed, strength, immortality."

"If you eat enough of it, over years, you become this less-than-human thing. You're always hungry." Dean said.

"So, if that's true, how can they still be alive?" Hailey asked them.

"You're not gonna like it."

"Tell me."

"More than anything, a wendigo knows how to last long winters without food. It hibernates for years at a time. When it's awake, it keeps its victims alive. It stores them so it can feed whenever it wants." Dean explained. "If your brother and my daughter are alive, it's keeping them somewhere dark, hidden, and safe. And we got to track it back there."

"And then how do we stop it?" Hailey asked.

"Well, guns are useless— so are knives. Basically...we gotta torch the sucker." Dean held up items to make a Molotov.

~~~

"Dean." Sam said as he ran to dean was hung up by his hands.

Dean groaned in response.

"You okay?" Sam asked him.

"Yeah." Dean hesitated.

"Hailey." Ben said as he was by his sister. "Wake up." He told her.

Sam cut dean down and he groaned, leaning against the wall for support.

Dean looked around the best he could, trying to find his daughter. He noticed Alison unconscious tied up against the wall.

"Sam." Dean said.

Sam looked up where he was looking and saw Ali, he then led Dean over and set him down beside his daughter.

"Ali..." Dean groaned in pain. "Ali, wake up." Dean reached over to her and felt her pulse.

It was going, but it was slow.

"Alison." Dean shook her gently.

She started to wake up.

"Daddy..." She whispered with what little energy she had.

"Yeah, baby, I'm here." He said laying his hand on her head. "Come on." Dean gently pulled her into his lap causing her to wince.

"You're okay, babygirl, i got you, daddy's got you." Dean held her close.

He then noticed her shirt was torn, and her hair was matted with blood. She had a cut on her head, and big scratch that traveled from her shoulder to her forearm. He could tell she had lost a lot of blood.

"I need you to keep your eyes open, can you do that for daddy?" He quietly asked her.

She barely nodded.

"Are you sure you're all right, is Ali okay?" Sam asked dean.

"Yeah, yeah. Where is it?" Dean asked him as he tightened his grip around Ali.

"It's gone for now." Sam put his hand on Alisons head.

All of sudden Hailey and Ben both got up, and started towards Tommy who was hanging up by his hands.

Hailey started crying as her brother wasn't moving.

"Tommy." She said as she walked up to him. "Tommy." She put her hand on his cheek.

Tommy then gasped awake making Hailey shriek and back away, but she quickly jumped back.

"Cut him down." Hailey told Sam who walked over to them.

He did as told and helped the man down.

Dean then noticed their bags sitting next to him and Ali, he reached over even though it hurt, and dug into the bags.

"Hailey." Tommy whispered.

"Hey." She said.

"Ben."

"It's okay. We're gonna get you home." Hailey told her brother.

Dean managed to stand up, holding Alison and holding two flare guns in his other hand.

"Check it out." Dean said, Alison winced from his voice. "Flare guns." He showed the small group.

"Those will work." Sam said with a small chuckle.

They walked down the tunnel, Sam Ben and Hailey helping Tommy, while dean carried Alison.

The girl was finding it hard to stay awake, and she wasn't completely aware of her surroundings.

They heard growling making Sam hold up his gun and everybody stopped walking.

"Looks like someone's home for supper." Dean said.

"We'll never outrun it." Hailey stated.

Dean looked back at her, then Sam.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Dean asked him.

"Yeah, I think so." He said.

"All right, listen to me. Stay with Sam. He's gonna get you out of here." Dean said as he handed Alison off to his brother.

"What are you gonna do?" Hailey asked.

Dean winked at her before rushing down the tunnel.

"It's chow time, you freaky bastard!" Dean yelled trying to lure the wendigo towards him. "Yeah, that's right! Bring it on, baby! I taste good!"

"Sammy..." Alison mumbled.

Sam kissed her temple as he got in front of Hailey, Ben, and Tommy.

"Right over here!" They heard dean in the distance.

"All right, come on. Hurry!" Sam told the three.

They followed as quickly as they could.

"Hey!" Dean yelled. "Hey, you want some white meat, bitch?! I'm right here!"

Sam continued through the tunnels, leading the three to safety. They then heard growling.

Sam turned to the three.

"Get them out of here." He handed Alison to Ben.

"Sam, no." Hailey protested against it.

"Go. Go!" He told them.

The four turned and started down the tunnel, leaving Sam.

Alison whined and reached for Sam, Ben shushed her.

"It'll be okay, Ali." He whispered to her.

A moment later, they heard a gun go off. They looked in that direction and saw Sam running towards them.

"Sam!" Hailey said.

"Come on. Hurry, hurry, hurry! Go!" He helped Hailey with Tommy.

The wendigo was right behind them, Hailey screamed as they were now running as fast as they could.

"Go! Get behind me." Sam pushed the four behind him as they came to a dead end.

Sam blocked them from the wendigo as it came closer and closer, Alison whimpered and hid in bens neck.

The monster roared as it was now in front of them.

"Hey!" Dean yelled from behind it, making it turn to him.

Dean then shot it twice, with the flare guns. It went up in flames and fell to the ground, burning to nothing but ash.

"Not bad, huh?" He said.

~~~

Alison sat in an ambulance with a paramedic, as she finished putting her green cast on her arm.

"Thats when it circled the campsite. I mean, this grizzly must have weighed 800, 900 pounds." Ben told the cops.

"So, really, I don't know how to thank you." Hailey said to dean.

Dean gave her a smirk.

"Must you cheapen the moment?" Hailey questioned.

"Yeah!" Dean said with a smile.

"You riding with your brother?" A lady asked Hailey.

"Yeah. Let's go." She said as Ben and Sam came up to them.

Hailey looked back at dean then kissed his cheek.

"I hope you find your father." She told him.

She turned and put her arm around her youngest brother.

"Thanks, Sam." She said as they walked past him.

Dean started walking off towards an ambulance and Sam followed him.

"Hey, kiddo." Dean said as he appeared in Alisons view.

Ali smiled when she saw them.

"Hi!" She giggled.

"Hi." Dean and Sam said in unison.

The paramedic smiled and chuckled.

"She'll be okay, just wait six weeks then take her to get the cast off." The paramedic told Sam and Dean.

"Okay." Dean said as he picked Alison up out of the ambulance.

Ali immediately hugged dean, then held her other arm out for Sam.

Sam chuckled then hugged the both of them.

The lady smiled at the small family.

"Thank you." Dean said to the paramedic, she nodded then they started back towards the impala.

They leaned against the hood.

"Man, I hate camping." Dean commented.

"Me too." Sam agreed.

"Me fwee."

They looked at Alison and smiled a little.

"Sam, you know we're gonna find dad, right?" Dean said to his brother.

Sam sighed.

"Yeah, I know. But in the meantime..." he started. "I'm driving."

Dean then tossed his keys up in the air, and Sam caught them making Ali giggle.

Dean put Alison in her car seat, while Sam got into the drivers seat. Dean kissed Alisons cheek just before closing her door, and getting into the passenger side.

Sam started up the engine and pulled out of the parking lot.

Then they sped off.

Thank you so much for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.6K 1.5K 52
I wanted to bring this book back, if you don't know who alison is, I have a book called Alison Winchester, you can go check that out if you would lik...
4.4K 97 19
Allison is a hunter. She has been hunting her whole life. When she runs into the famous Winchester brothers on a hunt she can't help but be surprised...
36.5K 1.6K 49
A young innocent teenage girl finally works up the nerve to ask her mother who her father is. After tedious research she finds herself meeting her fa...
2.2K 21 19
Book 1 Just over a year after the events of the vampire attack that resulted in the death of Dean Winchester, his brother Sam is adjusting to life w...