the beauty of water: deep end...

By thunder_roses

πš†πšŠπšπšŽπš› πš’πšœ 𝚊 πšžπš—πš’πššπšžπšŽ πšπš˜πš›πšŒπšŽ. π™Έπš πšŒπšŠπš— πš‹πšŽ πš‹πš˜πšπš‘ πšπšŽπš•πš’πšŒπšŠπšπšŽ πšŠπš—πš πšπšŽπšŠπšπš•πš’--οΏ½... More

prologue.
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter three.
chapter four.
chapter five.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter eleven.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.
chapter fifteen.
chapter sixteen.
chapter seventeen.
chapter eighteen.
chapter nineteen.
chapter twenty.
chapter twenty-one.
chapter twenty-two.
chapter twenty-three.
chapter twenty-four.
chapter twenty-five.
chapter twenty-six.
chapter twenty-seven.
chapter twenty-eight.
chapter twenty-nine.
chapter thirty.
epilogue.
The Beauty of Water: Resurfaced|The Finale

chapter fourteen.

3.2K 143 61
By thunder_roses

(Y/n) drove herself and Dazai to the docks, a duffle bag filled with various equipment resting in the back seat. Despite her willingness to participate in her rather dangerous part of the plan, thoughts about Hinami still rested in the back of her mind.

Not just about whether she was going to be alright in the end – but also how she was going to tell her that she was the one who had shot the refrigerator door that cracked her skull.

Dazai seemed to notice how her focused was split, turning towards her and pushing off of the door he had been leaning against as he asked, "Are you still thinking about your call with Hinami?"

Fifteen minutes prior...

In a swift movement, (Y/n)'s face was suddenly pressed against Dazai's chest, his arms wrapped around her. He stroked the back of her head, twirling a couple strands of her hair between his fingers.

"You did the right thing. She would've really hurt someone or even killed them if you hadn't done what you needed to," he said to her in a low tone, one that sent shivers down her spine.

She snaked her arms underneath his coat, wrapping her arms around his torso as she said into his chest, "It sure doesn't feel like it."

They stayed like that for a moment, Dazai allowing her to be intertwined with him, basking in the warmth of his touch as he held her close. It seemed as if the chaos they had been experiencing was fading away, the world emptying to just be the two of them.

It was the best feeling she had ever experienced in her entire life.

But the feeling was soon shattered as the door to the agency opened, Tanizaki and Atsushi stepping out and spotting the two. Atsushi looked towards the stairs, Tanizaki coughing as he grabbed the two's attention.

"We're ready to go, Dazai," he said as Dazai looked towards him. "(Y/n)'s equipment is laying on your desk in a bag."

"Good. Go on and take one car, (Y/n) and I will take another," Dazai said as he kept his hold on (Y/n), allowing her to hide her tear-filled face from her temporary coworkers. "We'll be leaving soon."

Tanizaki and Atsushi then left, scampering down the stairs as they were ready to begin the mission. Dazai pulled away from (Y/n), looking down at her as he used one of his hands to press against her cheek, using his thumb to wipe away one of her tears as it streamed down her cheek.

"Don't worry about Hinami right now. You shouldn't let your focus be diverted because of something you regret – besides, there's nothing to regret right now."

She paused, letting his words sink in. She sniffled, nodding as she replied, "Right. Let's go."

(Y/n) kept her eyes on the road, not answering him. She opened her mouth, but immediately closed it. She simply shook her head as she turned on her blinker to make a turn.

Dazai readjusted his seat, resting his arms on the center console and leaning towards her. "You did what you had to, (Y/n). Hinami was—is a really strong woman. She could've hurt a lot more people if you hadn't stepped in."

"I could've done it in a better way though," she replied, her voice cracking as she heard Hinami's voice from the call replay in her head once again. "I could've gotten some kind of stun gun or taken her on hand-to-hand. I could've done anything else to take her out."

"At that moment, Hinami wasn't herself. While I know you could take down almost anyone in hand-to-hand, taking her on in that moment would've most likely gotten you killed." She looked at him for a brief moment, a small smile creeping over his face. "And we certainly would've haven't wanted that."

"I... sniffle I guess you have a point." She took in a deep breath, letting it out as she focused back on the mission at hand.

Dazai sat back in his seat, snaking his hand towards her and resting it on her bare thigh. She bit her tongue, her cheeks heating up from his sudden touch.

Even though she wasn't looking at him, she knew that he was smirking.

It didn't take long before they reached the docks.

(Y/n) parked close to it, turning off the engine as she slipped into the backseat, sitting on the floor of the car as she unzipped the duffle bag.

"So I just have to go underwater and do damage control?" she asked as she pulled out a black wetsuit, leaving the scuba equipment in the bag.

"And if Atsushi needs it, assist in his mission in entering and taking down the Moby Dick," Dazai said as he leaned against the console, watching as she prepared to change out of her current outfit and into the suit. "Other than a few fish in there, it's just going to be you and that scuba gear."

She pulled out a small device, a cylinder with a mouth opening and a few small holes on the opposite side of it. "What's this?"

"That is how you will be breathing underwater."

She widened her eyes, turning back towards him as she held it up. "I'm not actually a water goddess, if that's what you're thinking, I'm just the vessel for a water god."

He chuckled, shaking his head before answering, "Kunikida made it with his ability. He watched a few videos on it and it's a device that acts as a whole oxygen tank. I'm not too sure how it works, but he does."

"Yeah, that's reassuring." She placed it back into the bag, checking her goggles before reaching to take off her jacket.

She immediately stopped as soon as she realized that Dazai was still sitting there and watching her. She turned towards him, asking, "Do you mind?"

"Not at all."

She furrowed her brows, causing him to immediately put up his hands as he unbuckled and got out of the car, leaving his window partially open. "Gonna make me wait? That's fine with me!"

(Y/n) shook her head as she heard the car door close, beginning to pull off her jacket as she prepared to get into the wetsuit. She hadn't even realized her face had heated up at the thought of him watching her undress – let alone the comment he made as he got out of the car.

Wow... I guess I never realized how far we've come from just being coworkers to... to whatever we have right now, she thought as she pulled off her shirt, readjusting as she kicked off her boots. After everything with the Guild ends, Dazai and I will finally be able to decide what this is.

After pulling off her socks, she pushed her hips up to pull off her shorts. Am I ready for a serious relationship with Dazai? Will it even be serious? Hell, I don't even call him by his first name yet!

"Might wanna hurry up a little, (Y/n)! Atsushi should be getting into the Moby Dick soon and I need to set up the portable communication station in the back of the car."

"I'll be out in a minute!" she called back, quickly grabbing the wet suit and slipping it on over her underwear.

She pulled on a pair of black water shoes, ones that acted as boots but had a clean design, and grabbed the breathing device and goggles. She opened the door and popped out, placing the two on the roof of the car and putting her hair into an up-do.

Dazai turned away from the wall he had been facing, watching as she put her hair up. He stepped behind her, reaching into the car through the partially opened window and pulling out a small device.

"I must say," he rested his hand against the small of her back, causing her to let out a tiny squeal, "I really like how you look in this suit. It's very... form-fitting."

"Careful, I might just change my mind..."

"Darn..." He pulled his hand away as she finished putting her hair up.

He held out a small earpiece, prompting her to take it and place it into her ear. "Kunikida made this as well. It's completely waterproof and will stay in your ear the entire time you're underwater. We'll be in full communication the entire time you're out there."

"Alright, sounds good." She placed it into her ear, turning around to grab the goggles and breathing device. She walked towards the edge of the dock, Dazai close behind her.

"That device has an unlimited amount of breathing time, so don't worry about drowning down there."

"Got it."

"And the suit is insulated, so you won't have to worry about freezing to death there either. Also, in the left belt pocket, there's a small flashlight in case it's dark down there."

"Understood."

She pulled on the goggles, letting them rest on her forehead as she prepared to jump into the water. Just as she was about to leap in, she felt a hand grab her wrist, spinning her around.

Her lips collided with Dazai's, surprising her. He pulled away only a couple seconds later, a smirk on his face as he simply said, "For good luck."

"Hehe..." she giggled as she felt her face heat up. "I always appreciate a kiss, but," she pulled down her goggles, stepping away and leaping into the cold water, "I don't need luck when I already have you."

She put in the breathing device, sinking below the surface and kicking off the stone wall of the dock, swimming into the sea as she pulled out the small flashlight. She turned it on, continuing to swim as she heard static occur in the earpiece.

I hope this goes well...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 1K 33
πš†πš‘πšŽπšπš‘πšŽπš› πš’πš πš’πšœ πšžπš—πš’πšŸπšŽπš›πšœπšŠπš•πš•πš’ πšŠπšŒπšŒπšŽπš™πšπšŽπš πš˜πš› πš—πš˜πš, πš πšŠπšπšŽπš› πš’πšœ πš˜πš—πšŽ 𝚘𝚏 πšπš‘πšŽ πš πš˜πš›πš•πš'𝚜 πš–πš˜πšœπš πš™πš˜πš πšŽπš›πšοΏ½...
61.4K 2K 33
"𝑰𝒕𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 π’†π’—π’†π’“π’š π’…π’‚π’š π’šπ’π’– 𝒔𝒆𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’π’Šπ’Œπ’† π’šπ’π’–" In which Y/N becomes Dazai's assistant.... Never realizing the hard wo...
43.9K 1.2K 13
[please read] You are a 21-year-old woman. Dumped by your (now) ex boyfriend, you have nowhere else to stay but your car. You work at a small cafΓ© s...
124K 4K 23
It had been years since you last saw the red-head. You had lost contact after moving to London to live with your fiance. Suddenly back in Japan, sing...