late night text || aaronhotch...

By JayBlack-

Aaron Hotchner is not only your unit chief, but one of your best friends. After a case you decided to text hi... More

How it started
A day off
Worried
Missing people
Coffee
Apologies
Declined
Date night
Adorable
Early morning
Jealousy
Unsub
The aftermath
Nightmare
Changes
Pasta night
Postponed
A well needed talk
Movie night and shower thoughts
Relax
Depends
Another case
Some needed rest
School trip
interrogation 1
Inappropriate
I knew it
Interrogation 2
Promise?
It's Spencer.
Strauss
Babe
Listen here
My good girl.
It is a big deal
Chopsticks
I'm sure you'll find a way, Hotchner
Get off my crime scene
I love you
We are going home now
Not your fault
Don't push it too far
Girls night.
Truth or Dare
Keep quiet
Anger and dominance

Late night text

8.4K 114 175
By JayBlack-

As you entered the house you had a strange feeling. It was way to quiet. The unsub, you were currently hunting, had captured a family in their house and you were now getting in to save them. The team went around the house. Spencer, JJ and you went to the back of the house.

Luckily the backdoor wasn't locked. You went through and instantly spread in different directions. You listened closely but you couldnt hear a damn thing. As soon as you turned around the corner to the kitchen you felt a sharp pain going through your head. As your vision cleared you saw the unsub standing right infront of you.

He stood there completely shaking and he stared frantically between you and the weapon in his hand. You looked at the a baseball bat in his hands and tried to take a step further to him, holding up your gun.

"Dont come near me!" He shouted.
"Its okay Brandon, just put the bat down and no one will hurt you." You said in a calm voice and stepped back.

You didn't know where the rest of your team was right now but you had to clear the situation on your own. "Put your gun away. I dont want it here, put it away!" He said. He turned around and murmured something like somebody was standing there.

"Brandon where is the family?" You calmly asked him. "You can't have them. It's my family now!" He looked back to you and he seemed to be genuinely sad. "And I won't take them from you" You slowly put your gun down while saying that. "No. No. No you will take them away from me!" He started to panic. His breathing was getting faster and his voice raises.

You slowly took a step forward holding your hand out. "Just give me the baseball bat and everyone will be fine Brandon." You saw him struggling with himself. He constantly murmured something to himself while pacing in circles infront of you. You thought about getting down and grabbing your gun but decided against it.

All of a sudden the look in his eyes was crystal clear like some sort of lever was pulled in his head. It seemed like his hallucinations took over control. He started screaming and ran towards you. Shifting to the right you tried to get away from the hit that was coming from the bat in his hands but you couldnt escape it. Brandon hit your head again and you fell on the ground. The second hit caused you to let all the air out of your lungs because he seemed to get stronger and angrier with every second. The last hit got your right leg. You tried to contain the screams that wanted to escape your mouth.

You tried to grab your gun wich was laying just a bit to your right. The unsub kicked it away and hit you on your arm. "Brandon put that thing down." As you looked up you saw Morgan standing in between you and the unsub. "She wants to take them away from me!" Brandon tried to defend his actions. "She wont. Okay. I wont let that happen." Derek tried to comfort him.

He was able to calm him down and to get closer to him. As soon as he was reachable for Morgan he handcuffed him in one fast movement. As fast as the unsub gained control over the situation, the fast did he lose it. Brandon fell to the ground crying and shaking. "My family. It's my family and I have to keep them safe! But I cant. I cant. I'm useless!" He screamed while tears were running down his face.

As you tried to stay up you saw Spencer and JJ leading the family out. They were fine. They just had a huge shock. You grabbed your gun and walked out of the house. Your head hurts like shit but otherwise you're actually fine.

"Y/n are you ok?" You looked up and Aaron Hotchner was in front of you, one hand on your shoulder. "Yeah I'm fine. Slight headache incoming but otherwise it could be worse." You smiled at him. "You're bleeding. Get yourself checked out from the paramedics." He had this stern look on his face and you know you couldn't say anything against it, even though you felt fine. "Okay."

By the time you finished your talk one of the medics was already by your side. Hotch waved one over while you were talking. As you looked around everyone was going somewhere and everyone was talking. While the paramedic inspected your wounds Spencer appeared infront of you.

"Hey are you good?" He asked in a calm voice. He brushed one rebellious strand of hair out of his hair and after the his hands were disappearing in his pockets. "Sure. You know me. I'll be fine." You smiled at him. "Yeah. Like always right?" He chuckled a bit.

"Okay Agent." The medic said. "You're done here, but personally I would like you to come with us so we can watch over you for the night to make sure your head is really fine." His point was rational but you really hated hospitals so you declined.

"Y/n are you sure?" Spence asked you. "We're good here. Its really no problem if they would check over you." He couldnt hide the worrying tone in his voice. "Yes pretty boy. Im sure." You turned to the medic. "Thank you for stitching me up but I'm okay." With that you jumped up and hooked in with Reid arm and began to walk towards the other ones of the team.

"You're so stubborn do you know that?" He said to you, but this time his voice sounded kind of amused. "Hell yes." You said with a big grin on your face.

Time flew by after the case. The unsub was brought to the local police station and the family was taken to the hospital for the night. After you two arrived with the others you were waiting for Hotch who was currently still talking to the police chief. After he finished he joined all of you.

"Okay guys. Let's get back to the hotel." You all went to your SUVs and drove back to the hotel you were staying in. "Wheels up tomorrow morning. It's late and we all could use some rest." Hotch said after we went to the lobby. We all nodded and went to our rooms.

As you started to head to yours you felt a strong hand on your arm. "Aaron what's up?" "I know that you won't like what I will say, but I want you to stay out of field for the next case. If we get one within the next days." He searched your face to see if you were okay with that.

"What? But Aaron I'm completely fine!" You were really okay. Your rip hurts a bit and you have a head ache but that's it.

"That's what the paramedics told me. You should rest and get some sleep. Since you refused to go with them, this is the minimal you have to do." His look softened, he almost looked concerned. "And why didn't he told me that?!"

"Because you literally ran away the second he was done. Just do that okay. Or... you know what, it's either that or you take a day off. You have never missed a day at work since you're here." It's True. You had so many sick days that you could stay off of work for like two months. "I think about it." You said to him. "Thank you."

It was always hard to read his expressions and right know, you couldnt decide if he was truly concerned about you or if he was kind of pissed you didn't immediately listened to him.

You gave him one of your purest smiles. "No. Thank you for caring about me. Good night Hotch." After that you turned around and left him in the lobby.

The minute you entered your room you went to shower and made yourself ready for bed. With only a towel on you, you checked the wound Brandon gave you. It was just a little cut and it would heal quick. You put on some fresh panties and an old oversized shirt but you couldn't sleep even though you were actually really tired.

You thought about texting Reid but you decided against it. That dude needed some sleep. You opened Garcia's contact but she would also be asleep. They helped you alot in the last time and the deserved some peace.

You dont know what you thought in this moment but you started texting the only person you knew would still be awake. Aaron Hotchner.

You had a slight crush on your unit chief for some time now. Rossi would always mock you for this because apparently from this whole team of profilers he was the only one that figured that out. He sometimes even implied that Aaron had a crush on you too, but you didn't really believed him.
~

Hey. Are you up?

Hotch👤: Yes. Is everything alright? Do you need something?

Yeah I'm good. Just wanted to talk to someone. Can't sleep.

Hotch👤: Okay. That's fine. What do you wanna talk about? The case?

~
The case was really something you didn't want to talk about. Work was the reason you couldn't sleep. You wanted a distraction from that.
~

No. Not really. Actually I want to keep my mind off from any cases.

Hotch👤:  I understand. Why do you want to talk to me and not Reid or Garcia?

I dont know why I wrote you. I just ... I've already bothered those two with so much in the last time that I thought there deserved a break of my whining. And we haven't really talked in a while Aaron. You kept your distance. Kind of.

Hotch👤: I dont think that they would be annoyed from you or your so called whining.
Hotch👤: I know. I've been very busy lately Y/n.

Hotch. Could we talk about something different than me? I'm just not in the mood for that now.

And I know that Strauss has put a lot of pressure on you.

Hotch👤: Ok. Sure.

Tell me about Jack. How is he doing.

~
You never met Jack in person. Hotch told you a lot about him. By the time you entered that team 2 and a half years ago Aaron's marriage was breaking apart. Haley filed for divorce at that time. You and Hotch always had some kind of connection. He talked with you about private things, Jack and how Haley would do anything to make his life a challenge. The team made fun of you and him for being so close even though they were happy for Aaron to finally have someone to talk to.
~

Hotch👤: Just great. Joined a soccer club last month. Now I have to play soccer every time he's with me.

You? Playing soccer? I would pay to see that honestly.

Hotch👤: What about you join me and Jack sometimes? Because you playing soccer is something I would pay for.
~
Did he just invited you to meet jack? A subtle smile spread across your face. You never asked Aaron to spend some time outside of work. You weren't really sure if he would want that.
~

Call it a date.

Hotch👤: great. Maybe then I'm not feeling that old. Because the little one gets me all out of breath every time.

Hotch you're not old.

Hotch👤: I am. Compared to Jack. And you. I am.

Oh dont talk about yourself like you're in your 80s. You're 43 years old.

Hotch👤: That's nice to say from you. But thats actually how it feels like hanging out with you two.

Oh shut the fuck up. Its not like im twelve years old. I'm already 27. Though my bodys sometimes really feels like an 80 years old, but maybe it's the fact that I'm surely overweight.

~
Age was a topic between you quite a lot. He would always make fun of how you and Spencer were like the kids of this team and that Rossi and him were like the parents. Even though there was a 16 year age gap between you two, you got along very well.
And even with that age gap Aaron was way more athletic as you were. Lets just say you barely passed the sport part in the academy. It's not like you could get away with it how Spencer did. And it showed that you were the most unfit person of the team. You're clearly a plus size.
~

Hotch👤: Language Y/l/n.
And. Just because you're not as sporty as Morgan doesn't mean you dont have a perfect body.

Language my ass Hotchner. (I know you smiled at that one tho)
Now you're really delusional. To call me perfect is way too much.

Hotch👤: Now you should shut up. Or do I have to come over and show you how beautiful you are?

~
You stared at that message for hours. At least it felt like that. Did he just flirt with you? He wouldn't right? He is your boss. And your friend.
~

What?

Hotch👤: Sorry. Shouldn't have said that. That was unprofessional from me.

No. No it's fine. I just wasn't expecting that.

Hotch👤: And that's the problem. You dont even know how fucking breathtaking you are right?

~
Okay. He is actually flirting with you. You knew it would be a bad idea to go along with that......
~

Aaron. Language.

Hotch👤: Of course agent y/l/n.

We should go to sleep now. The plane starts early tomorrow.

~
Somehow you couldn't take this kind of conversation any further. You know you would want this, but what would it mean for your relationship? Beside Spencer he was the only man you would trust to keep your biggest secrets and you didnt know if it would turn out good if you started something with your boss.
~

Hotch👤: How do you expect me to sleep when I know we have a date settled?

What date?

Hotch👤: Soccer.

Oh. Right. What should I wear for that?

Hotch👤: Excuse me?

~
You know what? Fuck it. If he can say some things like that before, you could have some fun too right? You need to take a risk for fucks sake. You can't hide from your needs anymore. And to be honest the thought that Aaron Hotchner thinks of you while laying in his bed makes you kind of crazy.
~

You know. Sweatpants and old shirt? Or more like leggings and sports bra?

Hotch👤: Well. Whatever you can move best in.

Or the ones that wont distract you much from soccer right? Would be a shame if you'd lose just because you were staring at me.

Hotch👤: Now I'm definitely not gonna sleep soon.

Remember agent Hotchner. You're my unit chief, Sir.

Hotch👤: And you're my subordinate. So stop that flirting or I really have to come over and punish you for that.

~
Punish? That man is really into something. You're still not really sure if you could go that far with you boss, but for fucks sake. That man is so deep into your thoughts right now, that you really kind of want keep this up. And maybe you could play with his mind a little bit.
~

Well since I'm not allowed to go into field right know. The only punishment you could give me is, well, paperwork. Because my hands are still working very well.

Hotch👤: Oh really?

Or staying at the office while you guys go on a case. But actually that wouldn't be so bad. I would just work in your office. Sitting on your chair, leaning on your desk. Or just get comfortable on that couch you have in there.

Hotch👤: So that's all you would do if you were alone in my office?

Who knows? Maybe I'd do that, but I also could be doing something I'd rather not talk about.

Hotch👤: And that would be?

Guess that's something we won't find out. It got late. We should go to sleep now.
Good night Sir. See you tomorrow morning.

Hotch👤: Dont just cut me off like this.
Hotch👤: Actually fuck it. I'm coming to your room right know.

~

----------------------------
Hey!
Ok this was the first chapter you guys! I wanted to add that I am German. So please dont sue me if there are any grammatical mistakes. :D

I've struggled with publishing this because I really don't know if its good or just complete trash so please tell me what you think. :D

Peace out, Jay.

Addition:

The way I wrote this fic changed a bit. I know this first chapter is a bit boring and hard to read but it gets better swear😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 557 23
you can only do so much to try and save a relationship, you can fix the holes with bandaids but eventually, the foundation all comes crumbling down i...
249K 5.7K 30
"It's been awhile," I looked at him with a small smile. "What brings you back here? You're not here because you missed me, are you?" I raised my eyeb...
586 31 12
You finally finished your teaching degree at the college of your dreams and now you were headed to the place you always wanted to be, D.C. There was...
16.3K 480 25
A case goes wrong when feds are called to assist your investigation, and it's mostly because of you. Instead of avoiding the matter like you usually...