Voided Truth (Hollow Lies Seq...

By -Tearful-Shushu-

*V3 SPOILERS* *Contains some triggering topics* There is no telling how much time has passed since the killin... More

Chapter 1 ~ Never Safe
Chapter 2 ~ Nothing But Thoughts
Chapter 3 ~ Violent Assumptions
Chapter 4 ~ A Rough Morning
Chapter 5 ~ Dark World
Chapter 6 ~ The Search For Himiko
Chapter 7 ~ Slight Comfort
Chapter 8 ~ Eventful Night
Chapter 9 ~ Unwanted Sleepover
Chapter 10 ~ Wanting Help
Chapter 11 ~ Failed Attempt
Chapter 12 ~ A Safe Place
Chapter 13 ~ Scary Awakening
Chapter 14 ~ Bloody Fight
Chapter 15 ~ Reflection
Chapter 16 ~ An Offer
Chapter 17 ~ Tired and Traumatized
Chapter 18 ~ An Impossible Plan
Chapter 19 ~ Surprisingly Peaceful
Chapter 21 ~ Revenge
Chapter 22 ~ Forcing Trust
Chapter 23 ~ All You Wanna Do

Chapter 20 ~ You're Scaring Me

11 0 0
By -Tearful-Shushu-

As soon as Kiibo closed the door behind him, Kokichi got to work lock picking the cuffs. While he'd like to believe Kiibo could take Shuichi on, he wouldn't wait around to find out. With the cuffs off, he reached down and grabbed the knife, heading towards the door. He wasn't entirely sure what his plan was, just going off impulses. Opening the door, he listened close for any noise. He could already hear a fight happening between the two, Shuichi shouting about how dare he keep Kokichi away from him. It made Kokichi shiver but not move, listening for any other voices. Aside from Kiibo saying stuff back, no one else was speaking during it, confirming what Kokichi feared. He had hoped Shuichi would've brought Maki with, being part of the reason he allowed Shuichi to follow them back when they were leaving the building. Though, it did take a week for him to show up, meaning Maki may have been involved but left behind.

The thoughts that Shuichi possibly hurt Maki did cross Kokichi's mind, making him freeze in fear. If Shuichi could take down Maki, the semi-assassin, what hope did he have? His eyes went towards the window. He could attempt jumping out of it but it would be dangerous, considering he was on the second floor. While he'd probably live, the fall could still break his legs, putting him at Shuichi's mercy. Options were low and it didn't sound like Kiibo was winning the fight. Kokichi cursed under his breath, now rooting for Kiibo to kill Shuichi, as it's a better option than hoping Shuichi honors his word on being normal. He never believed Shuichi for a second but tried to force some hope he'd be truthful enough to bring Maki to him. But that wasn't an option anymore.

Taking a deep breath, he tip toed out of the room, hoping to find a way to sneak past the fight and run. Or better yet, maybe he'd be lucky and someone left their keys in their car. Wishful thinking but all you can rely on in this situation is impulses. Before Kokichi could even get half way down the stairs, there was a loud crash, along with the sound of footsteps rushing in his direction. There at the bottom of the stairs was now Shuichi, staring up at Kokichi in shock, which quickly turned into a smile. Kokichi shook his head, realizing just how badly he messed up now. He booked it back to the room, shutting and locking the door. There was no time for what ifs, rushing to the window and trying to open it. However, no matter which way he turned the lock, it wouldn't budge. The sound of Shuichi trying to kick open the door was filling his ears, beginning to struggle to breath.

This can't be the end, Kokichi thought. I can't go back to that way of life. I can't!

His eyes darted around the room, falling on a closet door. He quickly hid in it, having nothing to actually hide behind in it. He knew this wouldn't actually protect him but what other choice did he have? He wished he could've opened the window to at least trick Shuichi into thinking he ran off. 

"Kokichi," Shuichi yelled. "Open this door!"

Kokichi shook his head in his hands, wishing for all of this to go away. He needed another convenient escape. For Maki to suddenly show up and save him like she always did.

"We don't have time for this Kokichi. I'm here to save you! Isn't that what you want?"

Instinctively, he almost shouted 'no' at the question, quickly covering his mouth to stop himself, as if Shuichi didn't already know he was in there.

"Come on. I told you, I'm not going to hurt you. I promise you will be safe if you just come with me." His tone started to change, going from anger to pleading. His voice was trying to be sweet.

But Kokichi wasn't falling for it. He knew it wouldn't be long until Shuichi breaks in, the house not being very sturdy. Options were practically none, some tears falling down his face.

"Kokichi. Come on. Don't you want to see Maki?"

The tone shifted again. Or, at least Kokichi thinks it did, picking up some mocking. That's exactly what Kokichi wanted. Also confirms Shuichi was with Maki at some point. But if she wasn't with him, did he do something to her? His thoughts raced with the worse possible scenarios. She could be tied up at his house. He could've been trying to break her like he broke him. What if he already did? And if he hadn't yet, would Kokichi have to witness those horrors being brought upon Maki?

"Open this door right now!" The pounding and kicks grew louder as Shuichi's voice grew angrier. "You know better than to run away from me! I've caught you almost every time. You don't even have anywhere to run. Make this easier for both of us before I break this door open and drag you out of here."

Kokichi shook his head, now audibly sobbing, loud enough for Shuichi to hear.

"Shit... Hey, I.. I didn't mean to scare you. Come on, open this door and we can all calm down."

Kokichi wasn't listening anymore. His eyes finally remembered what he has been holding in his hand this entire time. It was hard to see in the closet, the only light being through the crack at the bottom of the door. But he could still feel it. Feel the power he has with it. A smile grew on his face. He now knew how to solve a good majority of his problems. It was such a simple solution, he doesn't know why he didn't think of it before. This doesn't even have to stop at Shuichi. He'd probably run into Kaito at some point. Maybe he'd even put Kairi and Himiko down just to be safe. Get rid of everyone involved one by one. Until it was just Maki, Kiibo, and him. He gave a small laugh, happy with that thought. All he'd have to do is start fixing these problems himself.

He could see it now. Lunging at Shuichi and digging the knife into his chest. But that wouldn't be enough. Team Danganronpa could possibly save him, for all Kokichi knew. He'd have to completely destroy the body. Blood would splatter along the walls as he tore apart each of Shuichi's limbs, cutting his stomach open and tearing out his insides. He could almost taste the blood now, thinking of this as payback for every single thing Shuichi ever did to him in the past. Maybe he should drag this out for a bit, wanting to see Shuichi scream and cry. For Shuichi to beg for mercy like he had done all those years ago. And just like back then, the cries would fall on deaf ears. No one would be saving Shuichi, just like no one saved him. Part of him did wonder how Kiibo would react to the sight, hoping Kiibo wouldn't do anything that would result in him being killed too. From now on, he'd be no one's prisoner.

The bedroom door slammed open, making Kokichi jump, struggling not to let out a scream in the process. Footsteps were heard rushing around the room, the sound of the bed being moved. Kokichi's hands shook in anticipation, knife at the ready as he opened the door and lunged at Shuichi, who let out a loud scream. To Kokichi's surprised, Shuichi stopped his arm in time from the knife contacting skin. Tears poured from Kokichi's eyes as he began desperately trying to stab Shuichi, fearful that he messed up and wouldn'tbe able to overpower Shuichi.

"Kokichi," Shuichi shouted. "Stop! This isn't like you."

But Kokichi wasn't listening to the words. All he heard was the annoying voice he grew to despise. It fueled him to try harder, changing the direction of the knife to aim for Shuichi's neck. The change almost made Shuichi slip up a bit, knife scraping him a bit. He let out a small cry, begging for help. It made Kokichi laugh like a maniac.

"Help," Kokichi asked. "You want help? So did I! I so badly wanted to get away from you, but you never listened to my cries. You reveled in it, even! Now, it's my turn to be the villain."

"Kokichi, stop! This isn't like you. I promise I wasn't going to hurt you anymor-"

"SAVE IT! I don't want to hear anymore of your lies. And I'm sick of your voice." His movements became more violent, more pressure added to the knife.

Shuichi tried flipping Kokichi over, wanting to gain control over Kokichi. Instead, Kokichi kicked Shuichi hard in the stomach, Shuichi's grip on Kokichi's arm loosening enough for the knife to pierce skin. Fortunately for Shuichi, due to all the moving, it only stabbed his arm. He let out a loud scream, once again begging for help. Blood was already beginning to pour from the wound as Kokichi took the knife out, already back to aiming for the neck. There were swirls in his eyes as he watched Shuichi struggle to fight back and cry out for help. It was the perfect sight to see.

"You don't know how long I've wanted this," Kokichi said, voice laced with venom. "I'm in control now. You will never hurt me or Maki ever agai-"

The back of his hair was grabbed as he was suddenly thrown backwards, hitting the wall hard. Dazed, he couldn't react fast enough to stop the knife being taken away from him. Looking up, his eyes met Maki's, giving a glare that could kill.

"What are you doing," she spat.

He went through several emotions, bouncing more between shock and anger. Eventually, rage was all he felt as he lunged at Maki. Not expecting it, she actually did stumble down, dropping the knife. Kokichi tried jumping over her to grab it, Shuichi now jumping in to grab it before him. Shuichi managed to grab it first, Maki grabbing a tight hold over Kokichi, who continued struggling and shouting.

"Traitor," Kokichi shouted. "I should've never trusted you. So help me, I'll kill you. I'll kill you just like I'll kill Shuichi. I'll kill everyone. Let me go this instant!"

Both Maki and Shuichi were in shock by how frantic and insane Kokichi was sounding, unsure how to stop him.

"Calm down" Maki said, trying to keep her voice in a softer tone, hoping it would help. "I'm still not going to let Shuichi hurt you. But you can't hurt him either."

"Shut it! I will decide that. Shuichi doesn't deserve to live. Neither does Kaito. Or Himiko. Or the entire world for doing this to us. Everyone deserves to perish."

"Kokichi," Kiibo said in a sad tone, standing in front of the bedroom door. His face once again had some cracks in it, just like when Kokichi smashed it back in the killing game. 

The sad look on Kiibo's face actually caused Kokichi to stop moving, starting to take in the situation around him. Neither were fighting each other anymore, more focused on Kokichi's deranged state. Kiibo began taking slow steps towards Kokichi.

"Do you actually believe that?"

Kokichi sniffled, hating how hurt his best friend looked. "N-No... You... You are different! You can live. Just... Just help me kill these two! You said you'd kill Shuichi." His voice was back to the crazy frantic from before.

Maki and Shuichi looked to Kiibo, who held his hands up in defense. "I-I thought Shuichi was going to hurt him! I was just trying to protect him"

"Then get rid of them! Now. Quick. Get the knife."

Kiibo shook his head. "No. Look, they found a solution."

"I don't care what their solution is. I have my own and I will accomplish it. Whether you are with me or not." He managed to move enough to bite down hard on Maki's arm, though it didn't lighten her grip enough for him to flee.

"Do you want me to knock you out," Maki asked, voice dark and low.

"Don't you dare!"

"Damn you all are so fucking loud," a voice said from the doorway. "I could hear you from all the way outside. Which is probably why you didn't even hear me."

Everyone's heads shot in that direction, eyes wide as they stared at Kaito, who was covered in a lot of blood while holding a bloody bat.

...

🌿I've waited SOOOOO long to write this scene. I thought of this very early on when I started this book and I'm so happy I finally got to write it.🌿

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 4.3K 32
*V3 Spoilers* *Contains some triggering topics* *Tag says Oumota but it's not really* All his life Kokichi knew himself as this loud, annoying pranks...
1.3K 63 10
"If you're reading this, I'm probably dead. This is the story of how I died." - Best friends Angie Yonaga, K1-B0, Kaede Akamatsu, Miu Iruma, and Rant...
202K 6.7K 31
Monokuma found the leader's unconscious body on the ground after Korekiyo's execution. He decided to make him a motive. And that's where everything w...
44.1K 1.2K 16
‼️TW: CRINGE, MENTIONS OF BLOOD AND GORE‼️ monokuma decides to try to spice up the game in order to get better ratings and more viewers, so he adds i...