Nightmares

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Tabitha Ophelia Young has secrets not only her closest friends know. But when a resident of the small town o... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
01
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
Sequel

02

1K 15 5
By TheQuietHufflepuff

In the locker room, Stiles asked, "Did you apologize to Allison?"

"Yeah," Scott replied.

"Is she giving you a second chance or-"

"Yeah."

"Yeah! All right. So everything's good."

"No."

"No?"

"Remember - The hunters. Her dad is one of 'em."

"Her dad?"

"Shot me-"

"Allison's father?"

"With a crossbow."

"Allison's father-"

"Yes! Her father! Oh, my God."

"No, Scott. Snap back. You okay? Hey, all right? He didn't recognize you, right?"

"No. N-no. I don't think so."

"Does she know about him?"

"Oh, yeah. I don't know. What if she does? This is gonna kill me, man."

"Okay, just focus on lacrosse. Okay, here, Scott. Take this." He handed Scott the lacrosse stick. "Take this, and focus on lacrosse for now, okay? That's all you gotta do, yeah?"

"Lacrosse."

"Here we go!"

---

They made their way out to the field and Coach yelled, "Let's go! One-on-one from up top! Jackson - take a long stick today. Atta boy. That's how you do it! Greenberg, take a lap. Let's go. Faster, Greenberg! Let's go. McCall, what are you waiting for? Let's go. Hey, McCall. Hey, McCall!"

"You sure you still want to be first line McCall?" Jackson asked snidely.

Coach began stammering. "My-my grandmother can move faster than that -- and she's dead! You think you can move faster than the lifeless corpse of my dead grandmother?"

"Yes, Coach," Scott replied tightly.

"I can't hear you!"

Scott gritted his teeth. "Yes, Coach."

"Then do it again! McCall's gonna do it again! McCall's gonna do it again! Let's go!"

"Scott? Scott, you okay?" Stiles asked worriedly.

"Yeah, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!"

Jackson rammed into Scott, injuring his shoulder, and Scott looked to his friend and said quietly, "I can't control it, Stiles! It's happening!"

"What?" Stiles asked, alarmed. "Right here? Now?"

"Come on, get up. Come on. Come on."

Stiles led Scott to the locker room.

Tabitha, who watched the commotion, followed the boys, because her friend was worrying her.

---

"Come on, here we go," Stiles said, making sure Scott was okay. "There. That's it. You okay? Scott, you okay?"

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Scott roared.

Stiles noticed Tabitha and glanced at her. "You need to get out of here right now."

"Is Scott okay?" Tabitha asked.

"Tabi, you're in danger. Find somewhere safe to hide."

"Tabitha, Stiles. I've told you time and time again. If Scott's dangerous, I want to help."

Scott started attacking them and eventually calmed down and asked in a dazed tone, "Stiles...? What happened? Tabitha? What are you doing here?"

"You tried to kill us," Stiles panted before his voice took on a grim tone. "It's like I told you before -- it's the anger, it's your pulse rising. It's a trigger."

"But that's lacrosse," Scott said tiredly. "It's a pretty violent game, if you hadn't noticed..."

Tabitha glanced at him. "Well, it's gonna be a lot more violent if you actually kill someone on the field."

Stiles sighed. "She's right. You can't play Saturday. You're going to have to get out of the game."

"I'm first line-" Scott began.

"Not anymore."

---

Tabitha made her way to her house and was greeted by her mother.

"Tabitha, we still need to discuss you sneaking into the woods," Robin Young said.

Tabitha glanced down. "I'm really sorry I snuck out, Mom. Can I go do my homework now?"

Robin sighed. "Fine, but your nightly adventures come second, okay?"

She nodded. "Okay."

Micah appeared in his scrubs and kissed his wife and daughter on their heads. "Don't wait up for me."

Tabitha waved goodbye to her father and ran upstairs to start her homework.

Along the line, Stiles called over Skype and Scott and Tabitha answered.

"What'd you find out?" Scott asked.

"Well, it's bad," Stiles replied. "Jackson's got a separated shoulder."

"Because of me?"

"Because he's a tool."

Tabitha rolled her eyes. "Stiles, come on. But my dad's his doctor, so yay."

Scott looked at Tabitha a moment before asking, "But is he gonna play?"

"Well, they don't know yet," Stiles said. "Now, they're just counting on you for Saturday."

The computer connection glitched at the screen froze, preventing Stiles' further statements to get cut off. As soon as Stiles and Tabitha realized, they switched to typing. He sent a message.

IT LOOKS LIKE

"What?" Scott asked. "It looks like what?" He groaned. "Come on, damn it! What?"

SOMEONE'S BEHIND YOU

"Scott?" Tabitha called. "What's going on?"

Scott ignored her and she watched through the screen as Derek spoke to her friend and left.

---

Tabitha made her way to math class and sat down in her usual desk next to Lydia.

Lydia glanced at her. "Did you see what happened to Jackson?"

Tabitha shook her head. "No, sorry. I did hear he had a separated shoulder. But my dad is pretty sure he'll be all right."

"No thanks to that friend of yours."

"Can it, Lydia. He's going through something."

Lydia pursed her lips. "Well, he better sort that out whatever it is."

"Thank you."

Class began and they started working on math problems. Lydia and Scott were at the board.

Scott groaned. "God..."

Lydia glanced at Scott and asked snidely, "Why is there a rumor going around that you're not playing tomorrow?"

Scott sighed. "'Cause I'm sort of not."

"I think you sort of are -- especially when you brutally injure my boyfriend by ramming into him."

"He brutally injured himself by ramming into me."

"Jackson's gonna play tomorrow... But, he's not gonna be at his peak... and, I prefer my boyfriend at peak performance."

"Okay..."

"I date the captain of the winning lacrosse team. And, if they start off the season losing, I date the captain of the losing lacrosse team. I don't date losers."

Scott's tone grew frustrated. "Losing one game isn't gonna kill anyone. In fact, it might even save someone..."

"Fine," Lydia answered rudely. "Don't play. We'll probably win anyway. Then, we'll go out after, like we were planning, and I'll introduce Allison to all the hot players on the team, and maybe even our mutual friend Tabitha... and Scott McCall can stay home, surfing the 'net for porn."

"Mr. McCall, you're not even close to solving your problem..." the teacher said.

Scott sighed. "Tell me about it."

As Lydia sat down, Tabitha frowned at her. "You could have been nicer."

"Well, your friend injured my boyfriend," Lydia shot back.

"Yes, when Jackson rammed into him. But you're not willing to listen, so believe what you want."

Lydia pursed her lips and Tabitha rolled her eyes.

---

After class, Tabitha felt her arm being pulled and turned to see Stiles. She yanked her arm away. "Don't grab me. What is it?"

"Where's Scott?" Stiles asked.

"You think I've got werewolf radar?"

"I don't know. Do you?"

"Seriously? How dumb are you? No, Stiles, I don't have werewolf radar. He -- Oh. He's at his locker."

Stiles and Tabitha walked over to Scott.

Stiles grabbed Scott's arm. "Hey, come here."

Scott frowned. "What?"

"He did it to me, too," Tabitha said. "Come."

They made their way to where officers were standing and Stiles pointed to them. "Tell us what they're saying. Can you hear 'em?"

Scott listened in and said grimly, "Curfew because of the body."

"Unbelievable. My dad's out looking for a rabid animal, while the jerk-off who actually killed the girl is just hangin' out, doing whatever he wants."

"Well, you can't exactly tell your dad the truth about Derek."

"I can do something."

Tabitha frowned. "Like what?"

"Find the other half of the body."

"Are you kidding?!" Scott exclaimed.

Tabitha shook her head. "Scott, don't talk out loud. You'll lower the IQ of the whole street."

Scott shot her a look. "Really?"

Stiles chuckled lightly. "She got you there."

As Scott walked off, Stiles asked, "Hey. I've been meaning to ask. Did you say anything to Derek when he drove you and Allison home?"

Tabitha shook her head. "No, he's not really a talker, completely opposite you. The ride was just awkward, Stiles. Quiet and awkward."

"He didn't do anything?"

"No. He just drove us home. Why are you acting so weird? I can take care of myself."

"Yeah, I know, but you're... you."

She stared at him with a confused expression. "Stiles, I don't what that means."

"Honestly, I'm don't know either. Want to come with me to Scott's?"

"Why not."

---

They got in the Jeep and made their way to the McCall house.

Tabitha noticed Stiles was acting more spastic. "Are you..."

"I've had a lot of Adderall. Don't ask."

"Then I won't finish my question. There's Scott's bike. Let's go."

---

They made their way inside, just after Scott.

Tabitha led Stiles to Scott's room and Stiles manically said, "What did you find? How did you find it? Where did you find it? ...And, yes, I've had a lot of Adderall, so..."

Scott cut Stiles off. "I found something at Derek Hale's."

"Are you kidding me? What?"

"There's something buried out there. I could smell blood."

"That's awesome!" Stiles cried, earning a look from Scott and Tabitha. "...I mean, that's terrible. Who's blood?"

"I don't know... But when we do, your dad nails Derek for the murder. And then, you two help me figure out how to play lacrosse without changing, because there's no way I'm not playing that game."

---

The three of them made their way to the hospital and Stiles said, "Hey."

"Okay," Scott replied.

"Good luck, I guess."

Stiles made his way to Lydia, who was sitting and talking on her phone.

He spoke nervously. "Hey, Lydia... You probably don't remember me. Um, I sit behind you in biology. Uh, anyway, I always thought that we just had this kind of connection." He began rambling. "Unspoken, of course. Maybe it'd be kind of cool to... get to know each other a little better..."

Lydia, on the phone, said, "Hold on, give me a second." She turned to Stiles. "Yeah, I didn't get any of what you just said. Is it worth repeating?"

"No," Stiles replied awkwardly. "Sorry, I'll just sit..." He muttered. "You don't care..."

Tabitha, who'd gotten a Three Musketeers from the vending machine, walked up to see Jackson and Lydia leaving. She waved and walked away.

She rounded a corner and found Stiles. "You know, reading works better right side up."

Stiles ignored her and suddenly yelped as the magazine was yanked from his hand by Scott. "Holy God!"

"The scent was the same," Scott said.

"You're sure?"

"Yes."

"So, he did bury the other half on his property?"

"Which means we have proof he killed the girl."

"I say we use it."

"How?"

Tabitha looked her friend in the eye. "Tell us something first -- are you doing this because you want to stop Derek, or because you want to play in the game and he said you couldn't?"

"There are bite marks on the legs, Tabitha, Stiles -- bite marks."

"Okay. Then we're going to need a shovel," Stiles said.

---

They got a shovel and made their way to the Hale house.

Tabitha frowned. "This isn't a smart idea, guys."

Scott glanced up at her. "Feel free to go home."

"And leave you idiots out here alone? No, I'm staying here to babysit you two."

"That makes it worse."

After a moment, Scott suddenly said, "Wait... Something's different."

"Different how?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know... Let's just get this over with."

Tabitha glanced between the boys. "You two dig, I'll keep watch. Be quick and be careful."

After digging for awhile, Scott said, "This is taking way too long."

"Just keep going," Stiles told him.

"What if he comes back?"

"Then we get the hell out of here."

"What if he catches us?"

"I have a plan for that."

"...Which is?"

"You run one way. I run the other. One of us grabs Tabi. Whoever he catches first? Too bad."

Tabitha frowned. "Stiles, that's a horrible idea. And it's Tabitha!"

"Do you have a better one?"

"Yeah. Safety in numbers ring a bell?"

"Where'd you learn that? Grade school?"

"Basic survival instinct, Stilinski."

Scott let out a sigh. "Anyway, I hate that plan."

Something caught Stiles' attention. "Oh, stop, stop, stop."

"Hurry!" Scott yelled impatiently.

"I'm trying. Did he have to tie the thing, in, like, nine hundred knots?"

Tabitha rolled her eyes and began untying the knots. "God, you two are annoying."

Once she'd undone the knots, Stiles frowned. "...What the hell is that?"

"It's a wolf," Scott said.

"Yeah, I can see that," Stiles replied sarcastically. "I thought you said you smelled blood, as in human blood?"

"I told you something was different..."

"This doesn't make any sense."

Tabitha glanced around. "We need to get out of here."

Stiles nodded. "Yeah. Okay, help me cover this up." He paused.

"What's wrong?" Scott asked.

Stiles pointed to a plant. "You see that flower?"

"What about it?"

"I think it's wolfsbane."

Scott frowned. "What's that?"

Stiles scoffed. "Uh... haven't you ever seen The Wolf Man?"

"No."

"Lon Chaney, Junior? Claude Rains? The original, classic werewolf movie?"

"No!" He noticed his friend's look. "What?"

"You are so unprepared for this," Stiles said in an appalled tone.

"Stiles!"

Stiles gasped. "Holy..."

Tabitha looked into the hole to see half a brunette girl instead of a wolf. "Oh, my God," she whispered.

Derek returned and Scott muttered, "No... Oh, God."

---

Stiles grabbed Tabitha's arm climbed into the passenger's seat of the police car Derek was in, tried to ignore the ginger-haired girl practically sitting on his lap, and began rambling. "Okay, just so you know, I'm not afraid of you. ... Okay, maybe I am. Doesn't matter. I just wanna know something. The girl you killed? She was a werewolf. She was a different kind, wasn't she? I mean, she could turn herself into an actual wolf, and I know Scott can't do that. Is that why you killed her?"

"Why are you so worried about me, when it's your friend who's the problem?" Derek asked irritably. "When he shifts on the field, what do you think they're gonna do? Just keep cheering him on? I can't stop him from playing, but you and Tabitha can... And trust me -- you both want to."

Before Stiles could say anything else, he was pulled from the car. Tabitha landed on the ground rather ungracefully and stared up.

"There. Stand," Sheriff Stilinski ordered and asked exasperatedly, "What the hell do you two think you're doing?"

"We're just trying to help!" Stiles exclaimed.

"Okay, well, how 'bout you two help me and Deputy Young understand exactly how you came upon this?"

"We were looking for Scott's inhaler..." Stiles began evasively.

"Which he dropped when?"

"The other night," Tabitha finished.

"The other night... when you were out here, looking for the first of the body?" Tabitha's mother asked.

Stiles and Tabitha nodded. "Yes."

"The night that you told me you were just with Tabitha and Scott was at home?" Sheriff Stilinski said.

"Yes." Stiles backtracked. "No." He sighed. "Oh, crap..."

"So, you lied to me."

"That depends on how you define "lying..."

"Well, I define it as "not telling the truth." How do you define it?"

"Um... "reclining your body in a horizontal position?"

Sheriff Stilinski and Deputy Young sighed. "Get the hell out of here."

"Absolutely," Stiles and Tabitha agreed eagerly.

---

They rejoined Scott and got into his Jeep.

As Stiles drove down the road, Scott said, "I can't find anything about wolfsbane being used for burial."

"Just keep looking," Stiles replied. "Maybe it's like a ritual or something? Like, maybe they bury you as a wolf."

"Or, maybe it's like a special skill, you know? Like, something you have to learn?"

Tabitha nodded as she said. "My... My stuff. I didn't learn how to use them over night. It took practice. And even now, I'm still learning new things."

Scott glanced back at her. "Well, you've always been weird and like to learn." His tone dropped to a mutter. "I'll put it on my To-Do list, right underneath figuring out how the hell I'm playing this game."

Stiles said distractedly, "Maybe it's different for girl werewolves..."

"Okay, stop it!" Scott cried irritably.

"Stop what?" Tabitha and Stiles wondered.

"Stop saying "werewolves!" Stop enjoying this so much!"

Tabitha's brow furrowed. "Scott, we're not enjoying anything. We're your friends and we're worried about you."

Stiles frowned. "Are you okay?"

"No!" Scott yelled. "No, I'm not. I'm so far from being okay."

Stiles' tone was gentle as he said, "You know, you're gonna have to accept this, Scott. Sooner or later."

Scott groaned. "I can't."

"Well, you're gonna have to."

"No! I can't breathe... Ahhh! AHH, pull over!"

"Why?" Stiles asked in an alarmed tone. "What's happening?"

Scott grabbed Stiles' backpack and pulled out the wolfsbane that was around the half a body they'd found. "You kept it?"

"What were Tabitha and I supposed to do with it?"

Tabitha hit the back of Stiles' seat. "Obviously leave it there, idiot!"

"Stop the car!" Scott demanded furiously.

Stiles exited the Jeep and dealt with the wolfsbane.

In the Jeep, Scott began escaping and Tabitha grabbed his arm, trying to stop him as she yelled, "Man-"

(Sta- (Latin))

She didn't get to finish, as her friend had run off. She yelled, "Scott! Scott!"

"Okay," Stiles said, returning to the Jeep. "Okay, we're good, you can -- Scott? Scott?!"

He turned to Tabitha and frowned. "You were supposed to watch him!"

"Me?!" Tabitha retorted. "Watching an out-of-control teen wolf sounds like a fantastic idea. This is all your fault."

"My fault? How is it my fault?"

"You're the one that grabbed the wolfsbane!"

"It looked cool and I wanted to use it for research purposes."

"Research purposes? Stiles, are you kidding me?!"

"No, I -- We don't have time to argue. Did you see where Scott went?"

"Yeah." She pointed to her right. "That way."

Stiles resumed driving and called the station.

Tabitha's mom, who was on Dispatch answered. "Stiles, you know you can't call the dispatch line when I'm on duty."

"I just need to know if you've gotten any odd calls..." Stiles said.

"Odd how?"

"Uh, like, an odd person, or... a dog-like individual roaming the streets..."

"I'm hanging up on you now."

"No! Wai-wai-wai-wai-wait!"

"Goodbye."

An irritated look crossed Stiles' face and Tabitha glanced at him. "Dog-like individual? Did you really expect another answer?"

"Honestly, yes. I just needed to know where he was."

"He's our friend. He'll make an appearance sooner or later."

"Yeah, I guess. I just hope he shows up for the game. You are coming, right?"

"I guess I can, to support you two."

Stiles smiled, glad that Tabitha was coming. He always looked forward to seeing her in the stands.

---

At the high school, Scott glanced to his friend and asked, "You gonna try to convince me not to play? I've already got five texts and seven voicemails from Tabitha, some not the nicest, telling me not to."

Stiles sighed. "I just hope you know what you're doing..."

"If I don't play, I lose first line and Allison."

"Allison's not going anywhere... and it's one game that you really don't need to play."

"I wanna play. I wanna be on the team. I wanna go out with Allison. I want a semi-freaking normal life! Do you get that?"

"I get that! Just try not to worry too much while you're out there, okay? ...Or get too angry..."

"I got it."

"...Or stressed..."

"I got it."

"...Don't think about Allison being in the stands... or that her father's trying to kill you... or that's Derek's trying to kill you... or the girl he killed... or that you might kill someone... if a hunter doesn't kill you first-" He noticed his friend's look. "I'm sorry. I'll stop. Good luck!"

Lydia walked up to the young werewolf. "Scott? I just want you to remember one thing for tonight."

"Uh... winning isn't everything?" Scott replied nervously.

"Nobody likes a loser."

Tabitha walked up and said, "Lydia, be nice. Good luck, boys."

Scott left and Lydia turned to Tabitha. "Where were you? We planned to go to the game together."

"Sorry," Tabitha apologized. "I needed to do something for someone."

"For Stiles?"

"I said no names. Why'd you bring him up?"

"You didn't have to name anyone. I know your favor was for him."

"Okay, so he needed my help with something. Big deal."

"It is a big deal."

"Enough, okay? Drop it."

Lydia pursed her lips. "Fine. For now."

At the bench, Coach asked Jackson, "How's the shoulder?"

"It's fine," Jackson replied.

"You feel any pain?"

"No."

"What if I gave it a big ol' punch? Would you - would you feel any pain then?"

Jackson's tone grew irritable. "Maybe."

"Listen, just go out there. Just give it your best. If you feel any pain, just-"

"Just... keep playing?"

"That's my boy!" Coach yelled proudly.

As Scott walked onto the field, he muttered, "Please let this be okay. Please."

Sheriff Stilinski walked up to his son. "Hey, kid."

"Hey," Stiles greeted.

"So, you think you'll see any action tonight?"

"Action? Maybe."

Stiles glanced up to the stands and saw Tabitha talking to Lydia. A moment later, he turned back to the field.

"Down!" the referee yelled.

"Please!" Scott begged.

"Set!"

"That's it, Jackson!" Coach yelled. "Get fired up! Fired up!"

Stiles winced. "Brutal. Oh, this is not gonna be good..."

"Only to me," Jackson told the team.

"But what if he's open?" Danny asked.

"Who's the captain? You, or me?"

"Jackson, come on, dude. I just wanna win."

"We will win."

"But--"

"What did I say? Huh? What. Did. I. Say?"

Danny sighed. "Don't pass to McCall."

The referee noticed Scott's expression. "You okay, kid?"

Scott glanced at the referee and nodded.

On the stands, Argent asked, "Which one is Scott again?"

"Number 11 -- otherwise known as the only one who hasn't caught a single ball this entire game," Lydia answered.

Tabitha shot her friend a look. "Lydia, cut it out."

"I hope he's okay," Allison said.

"I hope we're okay," Lydia corrected. "We need to win this."

Lydia started holding up a sign. "Allison, Tabitha -- a little help here?"

Tabitha glanced at the sign and her lip curled. "You're kidding me, right?"

"I know you don't like Jackson, but please, Tabitha."

"No. Not doing it."

"Suit yourself."

Allison held up the sign, but wasn't pleased about doing so.

Tabitha frowned. "You don't have to hold it up, you know."

Allison shrugged. "I'm helping Lydia."

"Whatever."

"Down! Set!" the referee called.

"Yes!" Stiles exclaimed. "That's what I- What? WHAT?"

Scott was using his frustration to play well on the field.

McCall!" Coach yelled. "Pass to McCall!"

"Set!" the referee yelled.

Tabitha watched in anticipation and worry as she watched Scott.

Scott's eyes flashed yellow and the opponent he was facing gave him the ball.

"...Did the opposing team just deliberately pass us the ball?" Coach asked.

Stiles nodded. "Yes, I believe so, Coach."

"Interesting..."

Scott scored a goal and Coach cried, "Goal! YES! YES! There you go! Wha-- way to go, McCall!"

Coach frown and said, "What? The ball's in the net."

"Ball's in the net!" Stiles repeated.

"That's the goal of the game -- is to get the goal in the net! We got it!

"Down!" the referee yelled.

As they lined up again, an opposing player asked, "Hey, what the hell's up with your teammate, man? What's he on?"

"I don't know... yet..." Jackson replied.

"Set!" the referee said.

Stiles noticed Scott was about to attack someone and told him, "No, no... Scott, no, no!"

"Come on! Come on!" Melissa exclaimed.

"Come on, Scott," Tabitha mumbled.

"You can do it, Scott. You can do it, Scott," Allison encouraged.

Scott focused on Allison's voice to calm him and regained control of his human side.

"Yes!" Stiles cried. "Ha! Oh, my God!"

The second the game was over, Scott ran off and Allison followed, curious as to what was going on with him.

Stiles turned to see his dad, Tabitha's mom and Tabitha. "Dad, Deputy Young, Tabitha, what's wrong?"

---

Allison followed her boyfriend into the boys locker room. "Scott? Scott, are you here? Scott? ...Scott?"

As she called out for him, Scott was on the rafters stalking her, in his shifted form.

He made his way to the showers and ran his head under it.

Allison heard the shower running and followed the sound. "Hey, are you okay? Scott, you scared me. Are you all right?"

"Yeah..." Scott answered sheepishly. "Sorry, I... just got kind of lightheaded for a sec."

"Maybe it's the adrenaline? You were pretty amazing out there."

Scott answered weakly, "To be totally honest, you, uh... make me kind of nervous."

"I do?"

He chuckled. "Yeah. Kind of, like, really nervous. I just... I... wanna make sure I get my second chance."

"You already have it. I'm just waiting for you to take it."

"Well... maybe I need to learn to take a few more chances..."

"Maybe you do..."

Their lips connected and they began kissing.

After a few moments, Allison pulled away. "I gotta get back to my dad."

Allison began walking away and passed a couple people along the way who were eavesdropping. "Hi, Stiles. Hi, Tabitha."

Tabitha rolled her eyes waved as Stiles said, "Hey. Yeah."

Scott's tone was dazed as he told them, "I kissed her."

Stiles nodded. "We saw."

"She kissed me."

"Saw that, too. That's pretty good, huh?"

"I-I-I don't know how, but I controlled it. I pulled it back. Maybe I can do this? Maybe it's not that bad?"

"Yeah, heh... we'll talk later then..."

Tabitha blocked him from leaving.

Scott frowned. "What?"

Stiles sighed. "The, uh, medical examiner looked at the other half of the body we found..."

"...And?"

"Well, I'll keep it simple. Medical examiner determines killer to be animal, not human. Derek's human, not animal. Derek? Not killer? Derek? Let out of jail."

"Are you kidding?" Scott asked, appalled.

Tabitha shook her head. "No, and here's a bigger kick in the ass -- Sheriff Stilinski and my mom I.D.'d the dead girl, both halves. Her name was Laura Hale."

"Hale?" Scott asked in shock.

Stiles and Tabitha nodded. "Derek's sister."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 418 50
Nora Mendez moves back home after a sudden tragedy. But she's not alone. The young mother returns to her hometown, having never planned to return to...
2.6K 59 51
Emma Rodriguez should be dead. But she finds herself very much alive. As it would turn out, one closest to her has a deeply hidden secret. New thr...
2.8K 91 23
Ania Stilinski thought she'd left her home town of Beacon Hills. How wrong she was. The night before her brother starts his second half of sophomor...
5.5K 121 54
Stiles' cousin moves to Beacon Hills because it's a better environment for her. Almost immediately, she gets swept up in adventures and horrors she...