Soft Whispers - Fred Weasley...

By uglydiaries

πƒπŽπ'𝐓 π˜πŽπ” 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 π˜πŽπ” πƒπŽ π“πŽ πŒπ„? 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐓, 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏, πŽπ‘ ππ‹πŽπŽπƒπ˜ 𝐓... More

Author's note
[ Chapter 1 ]
[ Chapter 2 ]
[ Chapter 3 ]
[ Chapter 4 ]
[ Chapter 5 ]
[ Chapter 6 ]
[ Chapter 7 ]
A/N
[ Chapter 8 ]
[ Chapter 9 ]
[ Chapter 10 ]
[ Chapter 11 ]
[ Chapter 12 ]
[ Chapter 13 ]
[ Chapter 14 ]
[ Chapter 15 ]
[ Chapter 16 ]
[ Chapter 17 ]
[ Chapter 18 ]
[ Chapter 19 ]
[ Chapter 20 ]
[ Chapter 21 ]
[ Chapter 22 ]
[ Chapter 23 ]
[ Chapter 24 ]
[ Chapter 25 ]
[ Chapter 26 ]
[Chapter 27 ]
[ Chapter 28 ]
[ Chapter 29 ]
[ Chapter 30 ]
[ Chapter 31 ]
[ Chapter 32 ]
[ Chapter 33 ]
[ Chapter 34 ]
[ Chapter 35 ]
[ Chapter 36 ]
[ Chapter 37 ]
[ Chapter 39 ]
[ Chapter 40 ]
[ Chapter 41 ]
[ Chapter 42 ]
[ Chapter 43 ]
[ Chapter 44 ]
[ Chapter 45 ]
[ Chapter 46 ]
[ Chapter 47 ]
[ Chapter 48 ]
[ Chapter 49 ]
[ Chapter 50 ]
[ Chapter 51 ]
[ Chapter 52 ]
[ Chapter 53]
[ Chapter 54 ]
Surprise <3
[ Chapter 55 ]
[ Chapter 56 ]
[ Chapter 57 ]
[Chapter 58]
[ Chapter 59 ]
[ Chapter 60 ]
[ Chapter 61 ]
Author Note <3
[ Chapter 62 ]
[ Chapter 63 ]
[ Chapter 64 ]
[ Chapter 65 ]
[ Chapter 66 ]

[ Chapter 38 ]

2.7K 59 101
By uglydiaries

"So you're telling me that this summer you accidently set your kitchen on fire?"

(Y/n) held her stomach as she laughed, leaning into Wren's side. The prefects meeting had just ended and Cedric was currently telling them what he had done over the break. 

"I wish I could of seen that. Golden is what it is." Wren said, standing up from his seat. "It was good seeing you Ced, but we're going to head back to our friends."

"Yeah, not a problem. Actually (y/n) do you mind staying back for a second?"

(y/n) looked over to Wren who gave her a questionable look but she just nodded him on as she took the seat next to Cedric. "Sure, what's up?"

"Well I actually wanted to give you this. Happy Birthday," he said holding up a silver box. 

"Cedric," she whispered looking at the box as he sent her a charming smile. "You didn't have to." She opened the box to see a small diamond necklace. Similar to the one he had given her a few years back except this one was a heart. "I can't accept this."

"No returns, I'm going to go find Cho. I'll uh see you later," he said walking off leaving her alone in the hall. She stuffed the box in her jacket pocket only realizing that she still had Charlie and Bill's gift to open. She walked into an empty compartment pulling out each gift and opening them slowly. 

She smiled down as she saw that Charlie had gotten her a dragon charm to go on her bracelet that was seeming fuller by the day. Bill, however went above and beyond by giving her a mood amplifier. It was a small ring that changes colors based off of her mood. Similar to what muggles called a mood ring, but actually worked. 

A soft knock pulled her out of her thoughts as the door slid open. "You never came back."

"Fred," she whispered, sliding over so he could take a seat next to her. "I missed you."

Fred smiled down at her as he put an arm around her shoulder pulling her in closer to his chest. "I feel  like this is going to be a good year."

"Me too," she said closing her eyes. 

***

(y/n) felt a soft tug on her sleeve pulling her out of an empty sleep. She opened her eyes to see Fred smiling down at her. 

"We're almost at Hogwarts, you might want to change into your robes."

She nodded, untangling herself from his arms as she got up and headed to the girls bathroom-  slipping on her robe. She held back a yawn as she made her way to Fred to find the compartment completely empty. She shook her head as she walked further down the hallway where the rest of her friends were. 

"Well there's our little princess," Wren said with a laugh as she opened up the door. 

"Very funny, where's Fred?"

"Right behind you love."

(Y/n) turned around to see Fred in his uniform as he moved inside the compartment and took a seat. She sat next to him, putting her legs in his lap as she rested her head on Angelina.

"So what did Cedric want to talk to you about?" Wren asked leaning slightly forward as if she had some juicy gossip to tell. 

"Cedric?" Lee asked, looking over to Fred.

"He just wanted to give me a birthday gift, that's all," (Y/n) said rolling her eyes as she traced circles in her leg.

"What did Cedric give you?" Fred asked, looking her over. 

"It's really nothing."

"Okay, then just tell us," he spat out. 

(Y/n) just sighed as she pulled the diamond necklace out if her pocket and threw the box towards Wren. 

"A DIAMOND NECKLACE?"

"He got you a diamond necklace?" Fred asked- jumping up abruptly. "I'm going to kill him."

"Sit down, and don't be ridiculous," (Y/n) said putting a hand on his chest. "It doesn't mean anything."

"Hell if it doesn't! He likes you (y/n). I know you know he does. It's so bloody obvious!"

"I've known for a while now," she said pushing him back down on his seat. "I meant it doesn't mean anything because I clearly don't feel the same way. I love you for crying out loud."

This seem to do the trick as Fred sunk down in his seat with a smile on his lip. "Come on guys we need to head out to the castle," George said getting up and walking out hand in hand with Angelina. 

She put a hand to Fred's chest once Lee and Wren left- leaving them last in the compartment. "I don't want you to be worried about Cedric. I chose you." She said standing on her tiptoes- wrapping a hand around his neck and pulling his lips down on hers. 

Fred reacted almost immediately- scooping her up in his arms and lifting her up as she wrapped her legs around his waist. He slammed her back into a wall leaving small traces on the side of her neck as she let out a soft moan. 

"Freddie," she whispered. 

"Fuck." He said pressing his mouth down on hers. A hunger of desire sweeping around his tongue as he forced his way in her mouth. 

Her eyes softened as she gave into Fred, allowing him full access. He slid his arm around her shoulder leaning her down in one of the seats- hovering on top of her. 

"Now Mr. Weasley I suggest you get off Miss Carter unless you both want a month of detention," A voice called out. (Y/n) looked up to see Professor Snape with a disgusted look on his face. "I will be writing a letter to your families now go."

"Yes sir," (y/n) said pushing Fred off of her and walking out of the compartment. Her face a bright red as she tried to get out of there. "I can't believe Professor Snape caught us of all people."

Fred put an arm around her shoulder, a smile on his face as he leaned in kissing her forehead. "It'll be fine. I mean I had a good time even if we were caught by snivellus."

(Y/n) just shook her head a wide grin spreading to her lips as she let out a laugh. "Come on we already missed the carriages. I refuse to be late to the welcoming feast," she said grabbing his hand and racing up to the castle.  

***

(Y/n) took a seat next to Angelina who gave her a questionable look. "What did we miss?"

"Not much. just the sorting ceremony. Oh look the food is starting to come."

(Y/n)'s mouth started to water as all the different Hogwarts food started to present itself on the table. Hams, chickens, mash potatoes, and all different kind of breads spread out for everyone to enjoy. 

Professor Dumbledore stood up from his chair, clearing his throat as he raised a glass. "As ever, I would like to remind you all that the forest on the grounds is out-of-bounds to students, as is the village of Hogsmeade to all students below third year. It is also my painful duty to inform you that the Inter-House Quidditch cup will not take place this year."

"What?" Harry gasped a few seats down. 

(Y/n) looked over to Fred and George who seemed just as confused as her. 

"This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continue throughout the school year, taking up most of the professors ' time and energy- but I am sure you will enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts-"

Before Dumbledore could finish his sentence the doors of the Great Hall banged opened. A man stood in the doorway, leaning upon a long staff, shrouded in a black traveling cloak. Every head in the Great Hall swiveled toward the stranger, suddenly brightly illuminated by a fork of lightning that flashed across the ceiling. He lowered his hood, as he walked up to the professor's table. 

Whispers broke out into the hall as he walked up to Dumbledore and shook his hand. "Old friend it is so good to see you. May I introduce our new Defense against the Dark Arts teacher?" Professor Dumbledore said turning towards the table. "Professor Moody."

"It's Mad-Eye Moody," Fred whispered next to (y/n). "He's one of the aurors that work in the ministry."

Dumbledore cleared his throat making the Great Hall go silent. "As I was saying we are to have the honor of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event that has not been held for over a century. It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place this year at Hogwarts."

"YOU'RE JOKING!" Fred said standing up from his seat. 

The tension that had filled the hall ever since Moody's arrival suddenly broke. Nearly everyone laughed, and Dumbledore chuckled appreciatively. 

"I am not joking Mr. Weasley," he said. "Though now that you mention it, I did hear an excellent one over the summer about a troll, a hag, and a leprechaun who all go into a bar..."

Professor McGonagall cleared her throat as Dumbledore nodded towards her, a smile on his lip. "Er- Maybe this is not the time... no," Dumbledore said "Where was I? Oh yes, the Triwizard Tournament... Well, some of you will know that this tournament involves, so for those of you who do know I'm sorry for this short explanation."

As Dumbledore started talking (y/n) turned to Fred and George who were whispering back and forth. "Please tell me you guys are not thinking about entering."

"Love, if we win we will get riches beyond our wildest dreams." Fred said wrapping an arm around her. 

"And what about the death tolls?"

"Death tolls?" Hermione asked- who was currently sitting on the other side of Angelina. "It seems barbaric."

"That's because it is," (y/n) said shaking her head. 

"So that means you won't be entering?" Lee asked running a hand through his dreads. 

"Absolutely not, you can have the eternal glory," (y/n) said crossing her arms as she leaned forward in her seat turning towards Dumbledore as he continued to talk. 

"The head of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving with their shortlisted contenders in October, and the selection of the three champions will take place at Halloween. Winner will bring glory to their school, and a thousand galleons personal prize money."

"I'm going for it," Fred said as (y/n) watched a few people shake their head in agreement with him. 

"Eager though I know all of you will be to bring the Triwizard cup to Hogwarts the Head of participating schools, along with the Ministry of Magic, have agreed to impose an age restriction on contenders this year. Only students who are of age- that is to say, seventeen years or older- will be allowed to put forward their names."

"Rubbish!"

"Not fair!"

"Is a measure," Dumbledore continued as the hall broke out into an uproar. "We feel is necessarily to ensure everyone's safety. Given that this tournament will be very difficult and dangerous. I will personally be ensuring that no one under the age of seventeen will be able to enter. Now everyone, bedtime! Chop Chop!"

Professor Dumbledore sat down again- turning towards Mad-Eye Moody. "They can't do that!" George said as he got out of his seat with Fred. 

"Yeah, we turn seventeen in April, why can't we have a shot?"

"I think it just means it wasn't your time," (y/n) said getting out of her seat and turning towards the first years. "You guys go on I have to escort the first years." 

"You seem thrilled," Angelina said as she wrapped an arm around George. 

"I would be if Cormac McLaggen wasn't my partner, and speak of the devil."

Cormac was a grade below (y/n) and was known to be an obnoxious flirt. "Ready to go cutie," he asked with a wink. 

"She most certainly is not," Fred said swinging her around so she would be stuck between his arm and chest.

"Freddie, it's fine. Come on McLaggen let's get this over with. First years, this way," she said as she took the kids out of the Great Hall and up the stairs. She saw Wren walking his first years up to the Ravenclaw tower and she gave him a small wave as she continued to tell everyone Hogwarts history. 

"And this is Elizabeth-"

"The fat lady," Cormac interrupted with a smile. (Y/n) just rolled her eyes as she looked over to the portrait with an apologetic smile. 

"The password to get in is Balderdash."

The door swung up and (y/n) sighed in relief as she saw her friends waiting for her on the couch. "Cormac do me a solid and show the first years to their room," she said walking over to Fred and laying in his lap. 

"How's prefect duty?" George asked handing her a cup of hot chocolate. 

"Tiring. I don't know why McGonagall thought this was something I could handle on top of my NEWTS this year." 

"It'll be fine, now it's time for presents!" Angelina said leaping up and handing her a small red box. "Happy birthday."

(Y/n) opened it up to see an antique jewelry box that had small flowers all around. The top part was engraved with semper amici. "It means friends forever."

"Ang, this is beautiful. Thank you."

Ron had thrown together a bag of all her favorite candies. Hermione had gotten her a sweatshirt that had the Holyhead Harpies logo on it. Lee had gotten her a box filled with a bunch of prank items which included Zonko's new fireworks that exploded in different shapes and colors. Ginny gave her a box filled with her favorite cookies that had a charm on it so it would never run out. Harry, who tried to be discreet about his present handed it to her. She let out a small gasp as she looked at him.

"Harry, I can't accept this."

"We're family now. It's yours."

It was a glass case that had a small portrait of the Potter family. Amelia and James were towards the bottom. They didn't look more than thirteen years old, and above them were their parents. 

"Where did you even get this?"

"I found it in my vault. Truthfully, it's not a big deal," he said shyly. 

(Y/n) got up from her seat pulling him into a big hug. "Thank you." She knew from over the summer that she also had a vault that belonged to Regulus and Amelia. She was still unsure if she wanted to go and check it out and was nervous to see what she would find. Sirius, however did leave her a letter which contained the key to it, but she knew it would be a while until she was ready to see what laid inside. 

"Okay, okay, now it's my turn." George said leaping up from his seat and handing her a poorly wrapped gift. She opened it up before giving him a questionable look. 

"What is it?"

"That my dear is Fred and I's newest invention. You're the first one to receive it. Take one sip of it, and you'll know all the answers to any test you take."

"That's cheating," Hermione said.

"Ahh, that is where you are wrong." George said- a mischievous smile on his face. "It unlocks your memories so in those precise moments you just remember everything a professor had said during a lecture. If you missed the lecture then it doesn't work."

"That's brilliant!" (y/n) said wrapping her arms around George and bringing him into a hug. "Thank you."

"Well I guess it's my turn," Fred said wrapping his arm around (y/n)'s waist and bringing her back into his lap. "Okay love, mind my poor wrapping but here you go," he said handing her a blue box. 

"What is it?" She asked holding up a small glass vial and pen. 

"Whenever something happens in your life and it's so wonderful that you never want to forget it you tap the pen to your head and then press it to the vial and it saves all your memories. George and I are going to sell it in our shop but we wanted you to have it first. We got the idea from a pensieve."

"Fred this is amazing. I love it!" She said bringing him in for a kiss. 

"Yuck."

"Gross."

"Get a room."

(Y/n) let out a laugh as she pulled away. "Thank you really, for everything you guys. I'm glad I have friends like you. I'll see you all in the morning." She said grabbing all her stuff with the help of Angelina and walking up the stairs to her room. 

"This was a good day," Angelina said as she set everything on her trunk. Katie and Alicia were already passed out of their beds as (y/n) changed into her pajamas. 

"Hey! You have a small gift on your bed. It says it's from Moony?"

(Y/n) smiled as she walked over to see a single red rose on her bed. "Professor Lupin. He's my godfather, remember?"

Dear (y/n),

I hope you settled in well for your first day back. I talked to Aiden and Bill and they mentioned you were having visions. Amelia use to have nightmares every so often where things would come true. I'll do a little bit more research and see what I can come up with. Stay safe and have fun. 

love,

Moony. 

Wrapped in his letter was a small locket. A single P was engraved in it. She opened it up to see a picture of Amelia, James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter from when they were kids. She smiled to herself as she put the necklace on and laid in bed.

"Goodnight Angelina."

"Goodnight."

A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry for the late post. Thank you all for the constant support and love. Your votes and comments mean the world to me- and the fact that you're taking the time to even read my story. I hope you all have a wonderful wednesday! xoxo uglydiaries. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 1.5K 82
***Not Edited: Read with that in mind*** You practically grew up a Weasley. Living right down the hill with your muggle parents, you were always curi...
122K 2.3K 20
What if Ron had a twin sister? But alike in some ways but not many. She is sorted into Slytherin not Gryffindor. Her parents we ashamed a Weasley in...
110K 2K 108
________________________________________ *CURRENTLY RE-WRITING* finished by- 25/05/24 (hopefully) current re-write word count- 145,249 It's always...
101K 2.4K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...