Princess of the Underworld

By abbeyloves14

Sam and her friends are force to do a very risky project instead of getting detention. The project involves l... More

Frienemy
Is she jealous?

Princess of the Underworld

621 4 6
By abbeyloves14

 This is my first story ever so i hope you all like it. Sorry if its not perfect though.

Thanks and i love you all.

“I look horrible.” Sierra was straightly staring at her reflection on the oval-sized mirror at the side of her bed. She has been in front of the mirror for almost two hours, still haven’t figure out what she would wear.

“Oh come on. You don’t.” I said to convince her and make her realize that if she wouldn’t stop putting her self down we would be absolutely late for our class.

“Nothing looks good on me.” she said pouting her lips.

“Oh heaven please help me.” I said as I sighed.  Sierra looked pissed.

“What?” I said looking more pissed off. “That’s enough.” I impatiently exclaimed. I went to her dresser and opened it. I searched for something good she could wear. I got a light blue three-fourth shirt, a denim skirt and black hanging top.

I tossed it to Sierra and gave her a commanding look. She immediately understood what I was supposed to be saying. She went to her bathroom and she started to change clothes. As I waited for her, I sat at her soft comforter. Thinking about what would happen today at class. Since the first day of school I’ve been paying too much attention in joining the cheerleading group. But unfortunately I didn’t have time to attend to the auditions. My friends and I are busy working on a very cautious chemistry project. It’s was a make up project for the class we skipped, instead of getting detention we chose to work on a special project. We’ve been researching since last month. There’s still a missing link to our project. Then a tap on the back suddenly interrupted me.

            As soon as Sierra was finally satisfied with her look, I eventually grabbed her hand and dragged her downstairs.

“Hurry up girls. You shouldn’t be late. Take care.” Sierra’s mom told us as were about to kiss her on the cheek.

“Thanks mom.” We both told her back. I was used to calling her mom too, because she’s been very nice to us and treat us like family.

“Come on get faster Sierra. Emily’s waiting for us.” I said to her while making bigger footsteps so we could reach at the bus stop faster.

We tried to get in at a very crowded bus.

“Quit pushing!” Sierra, who is terribly squeezed by a huge crowd yelled. I reached for her and led her to the back part of the bus wherein the crowd is calmer.

The drive was just half an hour and we spent the rest of it standing, waiting for someone to offer their seat. But it’s seems that no one was in their kind hearted mood today. Sierra turned to me and whispered. “My legs are already numb. Aren’t we there yet?” I pinched her right arm. “Ouch.” She said while rubbing it. “Stop complaining will you?” I said. After a short while we finally reached our stop. We walked faster than we could. I was really gasping for air when my phone started ringing.

Rrrrrriiiinnnngggg.

I searched for it at my backpack.

“Hello?” I said as I slowed down.

“Where the hell are you? I’ve been here for an hour. “The voice on the other line asked.

I didn’t have to ask who it was.

“I’m so sorry. We’ll be there in a few minutes. “

“Okay. Just hurry up. Thea’s is gonna show us something.”

“Okay. We’re almost there.”

“Okay. Bye,” she said then she hung up.

As we entered the university’s gate I apparently saw Emily with Royce and Thea. 

Sierra and I hurriedly went at school cafeteria and sat beside them.

“Hey guys.” We both said as we joined them.

“What took you so long?” Emily asked sounding so impatient.

“Sorry. My fault.” Sierra said back.

“She’s been such a baby this morning. She feels that nothing looks good at her. We spent an hour looking for what she could wear and there it is.” I explained to them pointing out Sierra’s look.

“Hey it’s not that bad.” Emily said trying to make Sierra feel more confident.

“And it’s not that good either. Ha-ha” Thea jokingly said.

Emily slapped her arm. “Stop that.”

“Owww. “She rubbed her arm. “Sorry.”

“Nah it’s nothing.” Sierra kindly said back.

“So what it is that you’re going to show us?” I interruptedly asked.

“Oh wait.” Thea said. She put out a huge old looking book. “Here. It’s about the human encounter with Asian Gods.” She said as she turned the pages, finding the stories about the Gods we’re studying about.

Thea started to read the book. “It says here that there was once a famous scientist named Raymond Howard who studies about genes and hereditary. In 1972 he was given a huge project, studying about a certain specie which they think was a half human-half ancient God. This wasn’t proven and the study about it was left hanging without a further explanation. Dr. Howard died a year after, the scariest thing was he died in his laboratory while working on this specie that was not seen after the famous scientist died. Autopsy reports said that Dr. Howard died in a severe heart attack. They searched his whole laboratory thinking that he just might hid the specie including the documents and the blood, flesh and hair samples, but the search was not successful, that certain specie was nowhere in sight. Many of his apprentices didn’t accept his mysterious death. They continued working on the project that Dr. Howard left. Using the remaining documents and hair samples left. Month by month his apprentices started to give up because there was no progress.” she stopped to look at our different reaction.

“Way creepy.” Sierra said.                 

 “The scariest thing about it was Eliza Howard; Dr. Howard’s only daughter did receive a strange letter written in French along with a locket that has nothing inside. Eliza went to a historian-archeologist named Clarisse Smith, to decode the contents of the letter. After a week, Arch. Clarisse called her to tell that the he decoded the message. She went at her office upon receiving her text message. On her way home she vanished into thin air. Nobody knows where she went. Her mother Diana Howard reported her loss at the police. They immediately went off to the Arch. Clarisse and decided to start their investigation there. To their surprise Arch. Clarisse was found unconscious at her office a day after she met with Eliza Howard. She was in deep comma; she died 4 years after without recovering. Till now, this thrilling story was still unexplainable. Experts seemed to be avoiding this case.” Thea ended it up.

The thought of it chills down my spine. What creature would do something horrible like this?

 “There’s a picture of Dr. Howard and her daughter here.” Thea continued as she showed us the pictures.

The girl’s picture caught my attention. She looked like she was in her mid twenty’s, her long curly blonde hair looked so shiny, her lips were thin and reddish, it goes well with her fair complexion. Dr. Howard seemed like he was 50 years old or more. He has round-almond colored eye and round adorable face. Those features were obviously adopted by her only daughter. Aside from it there was nothing else they have in common.

“She’s beautiful.” Emily said sounding so fantastically amazed with this girl natural beauty.

“Yeah she really is.” Royce said approving what Emily stated.

“Is there a picture of the Archeologist there?” I suddenly thought about it.

“No. But I’m going to have a research about her. There must be something good on the internet.” Thea replied.

RRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG!!

That was the school bell; we immediately got up and headed to the corridors.

We said hi to few friends we passed through. Then I saw my brother Josh

“Hey Josh!” I yelled. He turned and when he saw me he ran towards me and put his arm around my shoulders and started to walk with us.

“Hey sorry I didn’t wake you up this morning; I have to fetch Jenny earlier.” He apologetically said.

Jenny is his long time girlfriend, he fetches her up every morning and I just ride with them all the way through the university.

“It’s okay. By the way please tell Mom that I’ll be a little late. We still got something else to do.”

“Like what?” he suspiciously asked.

“Don’t look at me like that. We’re working on a project.” I said raising an eyebrow, and then I gently slapped his face away from me.

He smirked. “Hey I wasn’t saying anything.” Then his smirk became a laugh. “Ha-ha. Too defensive”

I pinched his nose and laughed. I was the closest to my older brother. We were like kids joking around every time we are together.

He kissed me on the forehead and waved goodbye. “See yah later sis.”

“Okay. Just don’t forget to tell that to Mom okay?”

“Yah I will. If I can I’ll pick you up. Just call me.”

“Okay. Bye. ” I said back waving my hand.

“You’re the sweetest siblings I’ve ever knew.” Thea said after Josh left us.

I just smiled. It was absolutely true.

“If I haven’t known you two, I would have mistaken you as lovers.” Sierra said.

I laughed. “Silly! If weren’t his sister, I probably be one of the girls who like to pull all his hair out.”

All of them laughed while Royce remained silent, and seemed to be very disturbed. I snapped my fingers in front of her face. She stood still, confusedly glaring straightly to something or maybe someone. She looked like she was hypnotized or something.

- - End of first chapter.

Please vote and comment guys. Thanks for reading. :)))))))))))))))))))))

Continue Reading