Only One - Lupin and Sirius X...

By thelovelylupin

⁎⁺˳✧༚ Only One ⁎⁺˳✧༚ "You must be Miss Hope?" he said softly, bring her hand to his lips. "Pleasure to meet y... More

author notes ☆
☆ 1 ☆
☆ 2 ☆
☆ 3 ☆
☆ 4 ☆
☆ 5 ☆
☆ 6 ☆
☆ 7 ☆
☆ 8 ☆
☆ 9 ☆
☆ 10 ☆
☆ 11 ☆
☆ 12 ☆
☆ 13 ☆
☆ 14 ☆
☆ 15 ☆
☆ 16 ☆
☆ 18 ☆

☆ 17 ☆

3.2K 92 106
By thelovelylupin

A hospital bed passing by awoke River, who's head was currently resting on Remus' shoulder. The two were sat on chairs outside one of St. Mungos hospital rooms, alongside Kingsley, Tonks, Harry and Hermione, who were all dosing in and out of sleep, after the events of last night caused chaos within the Order and people involved.

Ginny Weasley had been caught up in the attack on Hogwart's, suffering a broken leg and several other injuries, but with a couple of weeks rest and magic, she should be back to her normal self. Arthur, Molly, Ron, and the twins hadn't left Ginny's side the whole time - Charlie and Bill had been sent letters informing them of the news, they thought fit not to tell Percy, him being busy at the Ministry and all. Most students, including Cedric, had made it out of the school in time; however some weren't as fortunate.

Twins Padma and Parvati Patil were killed, both dying in an attempt to save one another, these were the only student deaths reported yet - others lay in critical condition with Madame Pomfrey and some having to be moved to St. Mungo's due to the lack of room. One death eater was also found dead at the school, Goyle's father - many claiming Minerva Mcgonagall sent him the unforgivable curse.

This attack confirmed the start of the Second Wizarding War to most, but the Ministry were still adamant on denying it, whatever it took.

Snape hadn't been seen since, and it was safe to say River had more than a few questions. Did he know about the attack? Is that why he pulled her out? What did he need to tell her?

But what she was most concerned about at this time, was Sirius. He hadn't been seen since yesterday, he wasn't at Grimmauld Place and he wasn't at the Burrow - he hadn't owled or anything. But they weren't exactly able to ask the Ministry where the person they still believe is a mass murdering psychopath was.

"How are you feeling?" came Remus' voice, causing Hermione to stir.

"I'm fine, thankyou. What time is it now? Is he back yet? Has Snape shown up?" River began questioning, Remus let out a light chuckle.

"Calm down. It's about 1pm, I think. Sirius isn't back yet, but I'm sure he's fine, just needed a breather from that god awful house is all." Remus comforted, "And Snape- well, I have no idea what that sod is up to, but I'm sure all will be resolved when he finally decides to show up."

"Sorry, I'm just a bit shaken up. It's all become a bit real all of a sudden, you know? I wasn't in there, but they must have been terrified." she sighed.

"I understand." he smiled sadly, "And while it's just us, I wanted to apologise-"

"Oh, bugger," River interrupted, annoyed, "I've still got this bloody dress on, look like I'm about to go to a wedding while I'm in this morbid place." she rolled her eyes.

Hermione, who was now fully awake, spoke up, "I brought some spare clothes, if you'd like to borrow them?"

"You little life-saver, Hermione, thankyou." she replied, taking the vest and baggy jeans from her. "I'll be right back, Remus, and you can finish what you were going to say."

River used the nearest toilet to change, she re-emerged, just meters down from where they were seated, brushing down her clothes. Looking up, she caught sight of Sirius, who looked to be in a serious conversation with Remus in the corner of the corridor, just as everyone sat back down from acknowledging his reappearance.

Without hesitation, she immediately sped over, pulled him out of his chat with Remus and harshly shoved him, "Where the bloody hell have you been?! There's been an attack and you decided to go fucking walkies!" she said rather loudly.

"Please, River, calm down and lower your voice-"

"You ever tell me to calm down again, I will actually hex you into next year." she glared at him.

"Don't you think we should let him explain, and be- be reasonable about this-" Remus began.

"Remus, I love you dearly, but please don't try and excuse him from nearly giving us a bloody heart attack!" she shouted, her eyes never leaving Sirius - who had a slight smirk on his face from how powerful she was being, but that was quickly washed away when he remembered that he was most likely going to be in a lot more trouble than Remus currently is, "This excuse for going AWOL better be good, Black."

"Ooo, we're back to last names-"

"I swear to god."

"Sorry." Sirius looked down to his feet, as Remus left the two. "I was at Mary Macdonalds house, she's an old school friend - last one, actually. I received a letter from her once you left, she had just found out that I was out of Azkaban and asked if I wanted to go over. I couldn't exactly say no, could I? Didn't even know the poor woman was still alive." he explained.

"Without telling anyone, Sirius?! You could have been killed for all we knew!" River whisper-yelled, running a hand through her hair.

"If I asked for permission to go, they would have said no." Sirius said.

"How did you even know to come here?"

"Well, Mary left the Daily Prophet on the side this morning, and it said about the attack." he replied nonchalantly.

"No 'Are you okay?' or 'Is everyone alright?' or anything? You just strut in here as if your on a daily stroll." she spat sarcastically, trying to keep her voice down, hiding their conversation from others.

"It said that only two 5th year twins died, and that everyone else was stabilising here or in Hogwart's, so I knew it was none of ours."

"It doesn't matter, you arrogant arse! It still happened and people are still hurt!" she said getting more annoyed by the minute.

"At least you're okay, that's the most important-"

"I hope you're joking me. That is absolutely not the most important thing. The most important thing is that a school full of fucking children was just attacked, and you disappeared and went gallivanting with your long lost friend." River finished, as Remus came behind her, placing a calming hand on her shoulder.

"River, leave it be for the moment, he's here now-"

"It's fine, I'm done now anyway." River said as she began to return to the row of chairs. "One down, one to go." she muttered, only just loud enough for Remus and Sirius to hear.

"What does she mean one to go, Moony?" Sirius asked, as Remus turned back to face him.

"Snivellus. He was there last night, pulled her out of the building just before it all kicked off, she doesn't seem to think it's a coincidence. She also mentioned that he tried to tell her something; I reckon he was trying to tell her about- well, you know." Lupin nodded knowingly, "Give her awhile, she'll come round eventually, think she's still in shock if you ask me."

"I heard that! I am not in shock, I am being completely reasonable!" she yelled, after catching the last sentence. Remus pulled an awkward face, as Sirius contemplated ways in which he could apologise.

River wasn't truly angry, more just scared. Sirius had spent the night at an old school friends; reminiscing school memories could have lead to god knows what and who knows if this Mary can be trusted. It would take a while for her to come around to Sirius. After what's happened, the young girl fears her trust may have been misplaced in more than one way.

As for Remus, I doubt the suffering man could do wrong in her eyes; he was kind and genuine, she's pretty certain he would give his life for any of his friends. The certainty of Sirius was becoming unbalanced - in all honesty the certainty of everything was off at this point; Dumbledore, Snape, Sirius, and the general safety of their world.

River began to realise that Remus was the one who was always there. He was the one who communicated (or at least attempted), the one who wouldn't disappear for a day at a time, or cause a constant worry within the pit of her stomach about his well-being.

But what could she do now?

River's mind was all over the place. Thoughts pacing her mind as if it were exercise. She couldn't possibly be thinking straight. This one girls feelings was the least of their problems at the moment.

River sighed aloud, causing Kingsley, who was sat in the seat beside to chuckle slightly, "You're feelings still count no matter the circumstance. Don't just ignore them because other things are going on." he whispered.

"How did you- oh, legilimency?" she asked.

Kingsley nodded. He was a man of wise words.

"Please don't, you know tell Harry or anything. I'm not sure what's going on at the moment and I don't want him knowing the predicament I'm in." she smiled.

"I would never." he nodded slowly.

River decided she best check in with the Weasleys, as Remus and Sirius remained talking in the corner - a conversation which was getting rather heated, but River continued into Ginny's room unknowingly.

The injured girl was sleeping still, George by her side crying quietly as Fred comforted him. Mr and Mrs Weasley sat sleeping in the corner and as River entered, a rather sad Ron left to see Harry and Hermione.

"She's okay, Georgie." she said quietly, as she brought the twins into an embrace.

A loud crack brought them out of the hug, only causing Molly and Arthur to snore a little louder . She turned to find Charlie Weasley, rather cut up, but grinning nonetheless. As soon as his eyes latched onto the girl who'd grown into a woman since he'd last seen her, he picked her up and span her round, causing the twins to raise eyebrows at one another.

"River bloody Hope! Merlin, look at you!" he said excitedly, as he put her down.

"Charlie bloody Weasley, keep your voice down. And what are all these scratches?" she scolded, motioning to his sister and parents.

"This family could sleep through a war given the chance-" he quickly stopped himself, "Not the right time." he screwed up his face, "These are from this new dragon, he's an absolute nightmare. Mum said in the letter that she'll be back to her usual self in a week or so, is that right?"

The twins and River nodded as Fred and George practically shoved her out the way to give their older brother a hug, "No spinning around for us then?" Fred asked, Charlie just chuckled.

Another crack sounded, followed by a slight thud, "Must be Bill, he's never quite got the hang of apparating." Charlie said casually.

Before they knew it, the 3 Weasleys and River had been in deep conversation for a good 20 minutes, catching up and talking about recent events, as Charlie sat on the edge of Ginny's bed, the twins leant against the wall and River sat on the chair beside the bed. "Why hasn't Bill come in yet?" River asked, the boys just shrugged.

River got up and left the room, in an attempt to get Bill, but leaving the room, a rather bloodied Snape was stood with a Nurse prodding his, what seemed to be, broken nose. It clearly wasn't Bill who had apparated after Charlie. Before anyone could prevent her, she had revealed her wand and had Snape pinned harshly against the wall, her wand dug into his neck, the nurse attending him being pushed away.

"Give me one good fucking reason why I don't rid the world of you now!" she yelled, Tonks sniggered loudly at the sight of her old professor, Kingsley had a proud smirk on his face, as did Sirius, but Remus stood worriedly, his hand covering his mouth.

"I- I came to apologise, River, I never meant for this to happen-" he stuttered, attempting to withhold some dignity.

"You seem to be doing that an awful lot lately. Did you know?" she spat lowly, pressing her wand further into his neck, causing him to wince.

"I didn't think they were going ahead with it! I swear the last I heard they were calling it off because they found out you would be attending-"

"That's enough, Snape." Remus interrupted, pulling River away, glaring at Snape.

hiyaaa! sorry i've been so rubbish with updating, but let me know what you think :)
david posted when i was writing this and it gave me an aneurysm, hope your doing well <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.5K 98
❝my papa always told me that you can't trust anybody, no matter what.❞ ❝why would he say that?❞ ❝his own love betrayed their best friends and the fam...
1M 29.3K 182
-ᴍᴀʀᴀᴜᴅᴇʀs ᴇʀᴀ ❁ -ʀᴇᴍᴜs ʟᴜᴘɪɴ ❁ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘶𝘴 𝘓𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦...
86.3K 2.1K 65
It's impossible for Remus Lupin to fall in love right? Wrong. So what happens when he falls in love with a beautiful girl exactly like him? They even...
101K 3K 45
"Y/n, I will always be here for you." "Promise?" "I promise." ~*𓃦*~ Going to Hogwarts was something Y/n Black had been looking forward to her ent...