To Be a Hero (Boku no Hero Ac...

By Carnameo

|BNHA x reader| Slight Pokemon x BNHA crossover| In a world filled with super-powered people, where the pheno... More

Disclaimer and Warning
❦ Zero
❦ One
❦ Two
❦ Three
❦ Four
❦ Five
❦ Six
❦ Seven
Halloween Special
❦ Eight
❦ Nine
❦ Ten
❦ Eleven
❦ Twelve
❦ Thirteen
Christmas Special (1)
Christmas Special (2)
❦ Fourteen
❦ Fifteen
❦ Sixteen
❦ Seventeen
❦ Eighteen
[QnA]
❦ Nineteen
❦ Twenty
❦ Twenty One
❦ Twenty Two
❦ Twenty Three
❦ Twenty Four
❦ Twenty Five
❦ Twenty six
❦ Twenty Seven
❦ Twenty Eight
❦ Twenty Nine
❦ Thirty
❦ Thirty One
❦ Thirty Two
❦ Thirty Three
❦ Thirty Four
❦ Thirty Five
❦ Thirty Seven
❦ Thirty Eight
❦ Thirty Nine
❦ Forty
❦ Forty One
❦ Forty Two
❦ Forty Three
❦ Forty Four

❦ Thirty Six

6.4K 286 449
By Carnameo

Recap: In the last chapter, before Midoriya's battle with Shinso, Midoriya admits that his feelings for you are becoming apparent to All Might, with our number one hero supporting him all the way. The 1st round battles commence with Shinso and Midoriya's battle, where you had your small talk to Shinso after his loss. The battles continue on, with some losing and some advancing to the second round as you anticipate your first battle with your fellow voted competitors in the supplementary round soon. But then, it seems that there's more trouble for you than it looks as All Might told Midoriya that your Pokemon are being threatened to be taken by the police and the government officials.

❧❧❧

"I-I don't get it..." You muttered, looking down at your clenched hands resting on your lap. You felt the frustration bubbling inside you, wanting to be released. Biting the inside of your cheeks to contain it, you gazed up at the visiting officers seriously. "Why are you taking them away?"

Days before the Sports Festival

It couldn't have been more than a few days after the events of USJ. The Pokémon were just revealed to the whole world and you finally settled down in your class after Aizawa discussed the upcoming Sports Festival. You fidget upon this sudden meeting, surprised to find Aizawa opening the dormitory's door trailed by the detective and 2 other people, as they asked you to sit down.

On the dormitory couch, you sat stiffly, Aizawa's bandaged outlook right by your side as your guardian. On the other side, sat two new faces alongside detective Tsukauchi, who looked at you apologetically. Among those new faces, the one who sat in the middle gave you a stern look that made you uncomfortable to a reasonable core, as he sighed, explaining as best as he could. "Ms. (Last), we know of your amiability with the Pokémon, but due to uncertainty-"

"What uncertainty? They didn't do anything wrong!" You cut in a tad brashly, feeling peeved at this new information as Aizawa lightly nudged your leg with his own, scolding you.

"Calm down." The dark-haired man's steely eyes cut your burst of anger, as you pursed your lips defiantly. Aizawa looked like he'd rather be in any other place at the moment, but he still stood by you, supporting you. Your teacher calmly eased. "Let's hear it out first."

You didn't feel like doing that, but you decided to oblige. You held it in as the stern man in a suit from before spoke up, unfazed by your fuss. "Right. I'm sure you know that the Pokémon are in a rough spot as of now." The man was rigid, but he cut to the chase quickly upon noticing your aggravation. "When the creatures came out, it was the same time the incident in USJ had happened. As there was no outright explanation for the timing, there's no denying that some have gotten suspicious over them overlapping. Of course, we did our best to cover the fact that the Pokémon were involved during the incident, but for the time being, the hero public safety commission believes it would be best if the Pokémon were checked."

It quickly came to your attention that this man was from the Hero Public Safety Commission, a law enforcement agency that manages the interaction between the public and heroes. Why he was here discussing with you about Pokémon? You still had no clue.

Finally, the last person spoke up. The lady in front of you was much kinder in outlook, in fact, she looked to be a little out of place compared to the two others, but you didn't seem to care too much about that at the moment when your Pokémon are being threatened, as she looked at you as softly as possible. "Ms. (Last). Please understand. We have heard of the situation that had transpired in USJ." You spared the kinder adult a look. "We understand that Gardevoir had opened up a black hole during the battle, am I correct? If anything happened to the students at the time-,"

"Gardevoir was frightened." You opened your mouth before you could listen anymore. This time, you had made sure to keep your voice levelled as to not seem too emotional. You narrowed your eyes. "She didn't mean to open a black hole, and she didn't mean for it to get out of hand but-,"

"And we understand." She calmly interrupted. You wanted to argue that she didn't, but she kept on with a softer look. "We, in the federation, of course, understand where Gardevoir was coming from, as a member of the Federation of Monsters, I assure you I understand."

Your frown slowly lifted, as you suspiciously asked. "...Are you from the same organization as me?"

The lady perked. "Yes. I came in place of them." A part of you was eased with that notion, knowing that the lady knew and understands more about the Pokémon compared to the other, but you only stiffened as she adds. "But with our still lack of understanding of what happened, it would be best for Gardevoir to be evaluated."

You bristled, but didn't say a word as the man from the hero commission began once more. "With everything that had happened, we thought it would safer for all the Pokémon involved in the incident in USJ to be kept in check. Along with Gardevoir, there would be Emolga, Joltik, Absol, and Sylveon that will also be transferred."

"By check..." You brushed off the gentle lady's gaze to meet with the sterner adult's dead-stare. "You don't mean you think they gone berserk, do you?"

"(Last)-san, let's calm down, alright?" The detective eased you when it felt you were reaching your limits, but you were already asking with a deep frown pulling your lips downward.

"If we're talking about Gardevoir, I'm sure the lady over here can explain that Gardevoir has already been analyzed of her abilities with creating black holes." You explained thoroughly. "It's true that in USJ Gardevoir was out of her mind for a moment there, but nothing had happened. If we're talking about the dangers of her powers, pro hero Thirteen's quirk is literally about black holes and-,"

"But, Thirteen is human." The man from the hero commission interrupted. "You can't correlate the two when Gardevoir cannot be reasoned completely." You flinched, before replying.

"I reasoned with Gardevoir that day too." You said, feeling your heart weigh heavy. "You might not get it, but Gardevoir was trying to protect. She was trying to protect us, trying to protect me. I know for a fact that she didn't mean for this to happen. This has never happened before, and-,"

"Y-You can't say it won't happen again when you never know." The lady finally added. She looked apologetic. "I'm sure Gardevoir was trying to protect you. But with the situation of the negative reaction from the public, if any word had got out that USJ had an involvement with the Pokémon, and the Pokémon weren't being monitored properly. It wouldn't go any good for any of us."

"So you're saying that the reason all the Pokémon involved in the attack needs to be checked is because of public eyes?" You glared.

"That's not all. It's true that if word got out, the Pokémon will be in more trouble and may cause Pokémon to be ostracized far more than right now." The man inputted seriously, taking a small sip of tea provided without leaving his stern eyes from you. "The others are understandable, but Gardevoir truly needs to be examined."

You gritted your teeth angrily.

"(Last)-san, I hope you understand that the Pokémon situation isn't thoroughly accepted yet right?" You turned to the lady, who gave her version of a stern talk, though it was still much kinder than the other. "Things are simple right now, but once a piece of single news that could ruin the Pokémon reputation gets out? There might be more regulations for the Pokémon...you understand that right?" There was an undertone she was implementing, and you knew she was trying to tell you just how terrible it would be if word got out of the Pokémon's involvement with students. Your mind briefly supplied you with those magazines you saw with Jiro.

The containment unit discussion. The discussion that every Pokemon should be considered contained in units. She must be talking about that, and you realize just how dire the situation really is if this is up for debates with the higher-ups. You bit the inside of your cheeks.

The lady continued sternly. "This a safety measure. Our biggest worry is definitely regarding the Pokémon reputation, for we are hoping for a smooth relation to be built between the civilians and the Pokémon. However, we can't just leave out the fact that a Pokémon made a black hole. We're worried for your safety and the students, we need to be careful, so we need to check them if things take a turn for the worst. As well as the check-up, we can keep a visual eye on them if necessary. It's for the best."

You swallowed down the anger just ready to explode, easing it down with a long exhale to truly consider it for a moment. Everyone kept quiet in your silence, awaiting your next words when you asked quietly. "...How long will they be away?"

"..." The man in the center kept a stern façade as the woman by his side made expressions that showed her apologies. The answer was obvious from that as the detective coaxed gently, leaning forward. "...We can't be certain yet (Last)...but we will tell you once we are sure..."

You knew though the detective was trying to keep you hopeful, there's a small chance, that Gardevoir and everyone else might be away from you much longer than you thought. Your lips pursed tightly, as you imagine never seeing Joltik, Emolga, Sylveon, Absol, or Gardevoir ever again. You raised your head firmly, knowing you can't let that happen.

"...There must a way I can prove that it'll be okay? I assure you, you can go see Gardevoir right now and she'll be fine. Giving them a checkup is also fine but isn't it possible to just bring them back after?" You tried to coax, as the officials before you seemed to contemplate.

The hero commissioner seemed to sigh, tired of having to break a kid's heart like this. "There would need to be a thorough check-up, but keeping them with us is a safety measure if word got out." The man could only grumble. "With our current situation, the Pokemon's lack of acceptance, and the wariness they're bringing, we have no choice."

You looked down at your lap in frustration, as the man narrowed his eyes disgruntledly, shaking his head slowly. "...Well, if there really was a way-"

"There is a way."

Everyone turned to that sole voice in surprise, the unexpected rebuttal coming from the mummified man who had been silent this entire conversation. When you heard what Aizawa said, the weight that had been heaving down on your shoulders seemed to lift, as if Aizawa had brushed off all the burden on your shoulders. The erasing hero seemingly glanced at you from the thin holes that gave access to his dry eyes, before he turned to the 3 adults.

"The U.A. Sports Festival." He uttered his explanation, keeping it brief and quick. Your eyes widened, gazing at Aizawa unsurely as he pressed on encouragingly to you. "We talked about this."

"You mean...the promotion strategy." You asked, eliciting curious garners from the officials.

The stern and dull man from before raised his head, giving the usually quiet homeless-looking man a contemplative glare. "What is the meaning of this, Aizawa?"

"Nezu had already approved," Aizawa dully pulled out a paper, sliding it over towards the peering officers to see UA's principal signature as the mummified man said. "-that the Pokémon can be showcased in the Sports Festival to be popularized."

The lady from the same organization as you, peered at the proposal pensively, murmuring to herself in wonder as Aizawa's bandaged head nodded stiffly. "It only needs the organization's approval."

You eyed your teacher, a weight of gratefulness slamming into you. "Aizawa-sensei..."

The teacher sent you a meaningful gaze, before continuing to express his preposition. "If the ratings for the Pokémon have risen, I'm sure that the case of USJ will be brushed off from the public." Aizawa had put it out for the people before you to hear, you could see the frown the man from the hero safety commission made but Aizawa pursued. "Of course, I won't deny that the Pokémon would need a check-up, but if (Last) can prove the ability of the Pokémon in the Sports Festival, and the wellness of the Pokémon..." Aizawa's eyes seemingly narrowed under his bandage.

"Then they can stay, can they not?"

.

.

.

.

.

A dull echo was heard as you opened your eyes, you glazed past the haze of the memory that had plagued your mind for the past days to look to an enormous stadium in mild disorientation. Then you remembered, as the echoes became clearer and louder, the chants of glee from spectators slowly ringing in your head. That's right, you were in the Sports Festival stadium, as you eyed around to see your classmates sitting on their seats expectantly, slowly clearing your head to hear Present Mic's voice.

"Have you all voted?!" You blinked again, looking dazedly at the screen to Present Mic and Meowth, both looking at a tablet, as the pro asks again. "Well, it's time for us to yell them out!"

As you heard those words, everything slightly became clearer. You perked, sitting straighter in anticipation. The 3 students who will be rejoining you in the supplementary round are just about to be called out, as Meowth zealously chuckled. "Your votes are all in, and we have the 3 contenders who you think should continue in the games-! Not gonna lie, it's pretty interesting!"

As you fixed yourself to pay attention, you took this moment to eye the students who have lost in the first round. Kaminari had his back pressed to the chair, his hands drumming his thigh impatiently while Sero sat more laxly, an uneasy frown pulled on his lips as his eyes watched the screen continuously. Aoyama looked pretty confident in his seat, smiling knowingly, while Yaoyorozu was the opposite, avoiding staring at the screen to instead look at her lap, pressing her lips tightly as if waiting for the inevitable.

Your brows furrow, almost not recognizing the usually confident girl before you moved your gaze to the front. You could actually hear Tetsutetsu muttering to one of his poor classmates, who had to hear Tetsutetsu's nervous rant as everyone waits in anticipation. Hatsume was probably not caring at all from her earlier battle, but you could somehow imagine Shinso now, pretending like he doesn't care when he really is anticipating the results. Your eyes land on Uraraka, holding her clasp hands on her lips, eyes glancing to her hands and the screen nervously.

You blinked as Pikachu came up to your lap, squeaking for your attention worriedly. And that's when the whole world turned, time rushing past you as the haze evaporated completely, the world much noisier once everything clears up. Here it comes.

"In no particular order, here are the contenders-!"

『 Chapter Thirty-Six 』

"First up!" The screen changed to an empty bluish background, your eyes lingered at the screen along with everyone, as the first students to join the supplementary round is...

"Sero Hanta!"

"Alright-!" Sero jumped off from his seat, everyone turning to the taped-quirked student, who ecstatic yelled out once he got onto his feet. The crowd cheered, and you clapped kindly. With Sero's mobility, he showed quite a bit of himself for a single minute, before Todoroki stole the show with his one move trick. It looked like the crowd noticed that, and voted him on. Sero seemed to be gloating now, as he in his uncontrollable smiling reached out and patted Kaminari's shoulder, who sat in demure silence. "Better luck next time."

"Hey, don't rat me out this quick, there are two more slots!" Kaminari shrugged off Sero's hand, angrily berating all while trying to ignore Sero's annoyingly, teasing, triangle grin. Sero only laughed, living in the moment of his happiness.

"Next, Yaoyorozu Momo!"

Momo wince in a stupor, raising her gaze with widening eyes to the screen, her picture shown right next to Sero's as Mina was the first to clutch her arm ecstatically. "You did it!"

You worriedly applauded, watching as Yaoyorozu seemed to pull herself back to reality. She had been looking sullen ever since her battle with Tokoyami ended, smiling tiredly and a bit forcefully at anyone coming over to chat with her. The girl now looked at the screen almost completely baffled, before she pulled herself together to nod hesitantly at the ecstatic alien-like girl, smiling a bit. "Yes, I'm lucky to get this chance."

She nodded determinedly making Mina squeal happily for the girl. The rest of the girls and the others around her went to congratulate her too, as Momo thanked everyone who did. She gave them a stern, seemingly poised nod, but when the eyes were away, that thin smile seemed to dwindle, and she sat on her seat uncertainly with thoughts plaguing her. Sylveon seemed to be getting the same idea as you, you both exchanging small worried stares when the last name came up.

"And lastly," Present Mic seemed happy at seeing this name, as he called out the last contender. "Uraraka Ochaco!"

Uraraka jerked her head away from her clasped hands, looking at the screen in disbelief, Midoriya and Iida already smiling at her happily. She jolted in shock, whirling her head to meet your gaze, as you clapped at her kindly with Pikachu cooing in your lap, paws on his hips as he smiled brightly. Uraraka couldn't stop the happy tears from bursting from her eyes, but she hastily wiped them away.

Uraraka jerked forward as an even more determined look settled on her face. You smiled.

Other than Sero laughing at Kaminari's expenses- Pikachu snickering behind a paw discreetly, Aoyama sat still as a statue, probably accidentally turning to stone from the results. Once Aoyama's stone curse was reversed, the boy could only huff haughtily, as if he was mocking the heroes' poor choices. Tetsutetsu yelled in disgrace from the other side from what you can hear, as you focused back to Present Mic who nodded firmly, smiling all while pointing finger guns. "Congratulations to those that have passed! With this, we'll be beginning the Supplementary round-!"

"And finally Boss is joining the ring!" Meowth cut in, cheering a little too happily, it made you wonder if Meowth had been replaced with another at some point. Not too long, your picture shows up along with the three as Meowth chuckled ecstatically, "Now that the supplementary round is beginning, 3 of those students along with boss will be starting their round to join the rest of the twerps in the 2nd round." The cat turned snarky, chuckling darkly. "Y'all are toast now that boss's here-!"

At this point, you don't know whether to be appalled or apathetic by Meowth's biased behavior.

"...Okay, we're ignoring that to talk about the supplementary round!" Present Mic quickly changed the tone of the commentary, pointing at the screen. "Here's the lottery for the battle, as only 2 of these contenders are going to the 2nd round. Here we go!"

Once again, the screen showed the slotting battles for the upcoming supplementary round, but this time your name wasn't the only name on the slotting table. Pikachu leaned his body forward curiously, the round mouse blinking perpetually.

(Last) (Name) vs. Sero Hanta

&

Yaoyorozu Momo vs. Uraraka Ochaco

Uraraka abruptly whirled around to meet Yaoyorozu's gaze, the latter jumping in surprise at Uraraka's determined face. "Let's give it everything we got, Yaoyorozu-chan!" Uraraka looked ready to rumble right this moment, as the black-haired girl could only nod slowly, smiling a bit tensely.

"Alright, Uraraka-san..."

When you had twisted your head to meet Sero's blanched expression, looking a little bit pale, you smiled up at him carefreely. "Let's have fun, Sero-kun." Sero shifted his anxious eyes to you, fumbling to reply.

"R-Right, back at cha'." Sero smiled, his nervousness a little too obvious. He sat in his seat almost despairingly, only awakened when Kaminari placed a hand onto his shoulder, paralleling his earlier actions. It was Kaminari's turn to grin cheekily.

"Hehe...Don't mind." Kaminari mockingly teased, using the exact words the pros had been chanting the entire duration of Sero's ice encasement. Sero swatted Kaminari's arm away, peeved, before berating angrily.

"Don't start with that-!"

But Kaminari wasn't done with his jest, smiling knowingly. "Getting not one, but two hard opponents on the first rounds must suck~ I'll wish you luck on that, my friend." Kaminari patted his friend's back, Sero moving away from him in annoyance, ready to pick a fight on his own with the electric-quirked boy.

But he couldn't even deny it, was there even hope for him? Sero sighed exasperatedly.

'So Sero huh?' You were already planning ahead, trying to think of the best course of action as you murmured to yourself. With all your Pokémon, the best play would definitely be doing that. You looked towards Sero for a minute, the lanky male slumping down as Kaminari laughed next to him before you nodded. You'll go with that plan.

"Ah...(Last)-san..." You blinked upon noticing someone situating themselves on your side, your (color) eyes meeting worried emerald eyes and a mess of hair. Midoriya looked you over concernedly, he had raised a hand like he was going to tap you before putting it down restlessly. "You're...okay?"

"...?" You tilted your head, looking into his eyes that seemed to know something-it was the same words that Kirishima had uttered. You furrow your eyes, before nodding as proudly as you could. "Of course. Just thinking on my plan of action." You looked at the stadium earnestly, ignoring Midoriya's fidgeting.

Your eyes fell on the small pouch of Pokeballs, pressing a hand lightly on it. Right, let's give it everything we got. Your eyes glazed over, promising yourself to fulfill the deal.

❧❧❧

Alone you stood in the empty walkway to the stadium, where your grand entrance awaits you upon listening to Present Mic and Meowth, and occasionally Aizawa's, commentary. You and Sero were the first up, as you had waved off to prepare yourself with the very limited time.

It was pretty dark, the only light coming from the thunderous cheers and chatters of the spectators. You suppose this was one way of nerve-wracking the students for their upcoming match. You leaned on the wall, languidly waiting for your cue the come up. You shut your eyes, another memory resurfacing.

"...Fine." The man in the middle said as the hero commissioner rose from the couch. He sent a meaningful glare at Aizawa, who wasn't the slightest bit bothered by the small intimidation. The man fixed you a stare now, half of you disgruntled, but the other part feeling determined. Detective Tsukauchi and the lady both gaze up at him. "How about we'll consider the agreement, we'll get the Pokémon checked-up before bringing them back in your care before the Sports Festival."

Relief came at you, but the man wasn't done. "However, if the public opinion does not shift enough after the Sports Festival, we'll go back with our earlier term," The man gazed at you, but you didn't waver. "And the Pokémon will be taken under custody. We're pretty much around 13% approval ratings in Japan, if you can at least get 30%, We'll consider a truce for now."

You contemplated that, but the man had to remind you.

"But know this. If something had happened like in USJ again, there'll be more repercussion. Right now, we must tread carefully. I hope you'll understand." His words might've been a way to try to comfort at the end, but a wave of annoyance was all you felt. You sighed, keeping it all in when Aizawa gave you another look before you nodded firmly.

"Alright."

You sighed, as Present Mic began to hype up the crowd readily, as you were briefly interrupted from your brooding to feel a presence from behind you. You peered back curiously. You weren't gonna lie, it was a surprise, but nonetheless, a welcoming one. In all of her glory, Gardevoir hovered behind you, as you blinked at her with a small hum.

"Oh Gardevoir." You twisted to face her stern façade, as she as per usual majestically moved closer. "I thought you were with Buneary and Sylveon." You had wanted to take them back home since their job was done for the day, but it would take too much time to go all the way to the dorms. So you opted to leave them in your break room. Vulpix and Alolan Vulpix should be there too.

Gardevoir didn't say a word, hovering in front of you as you came to face her properly. The longer the silence dragged, the more you felt the feelings she was releasing. You somehow felt the sadness she was feeling, making you frown.

"It's not your fault y'know?" You forwarded, Gardevoir blinking blankly, you eyed her seriously. "This is all dumb. I hate that they're blaming you for everything, but know that I know what happened there. You were trying to protect me and the others." You reached out your hand to the Pokémon's limp arm, clutching it tightly.

The corner of your lips raised, giving a profound nod. "We've been through a lot together huh? I remember when you were just a Ralt." A wave of nostalgia hit you, Gardevoir eyes shimmering similarly. "Thanks for waiting for me...sending you guys with them for a while really scared me. But no more, I hope you know that I promise we'll spend a lot more time together. It won't stop here."

You looked at her expectantly, hoping you had reached the graceful Pokémon heart, only to see slight hesitance in her stance. You opened your mouth to try again, only to be distracted by the booming introduction of Meowth's calling.

"Let's call upon our contenders for our first battle-!" Cheers resounded, as you flinched.

"Ah-I'm up." You muttered, before sending a gleaming smile to your Pokémon, still holding her hand. "I've got to go now; you know how to get back right?" You silently released your hold, before rushing out of the tunnel. Your announcement was about to come up, you had to hurry. You grin lightly to Gardevoir. "Wish me luck!"

Gardevoir nodded discreetly, you almost hadn't noticed, as she stayed in her spot, watching you go. You smiled, before seriousness watered your expression. The crowd was hyped up; your first battle is here.

(Last) (Name) vs. Sero Hanta

"For the first Supplementary Round battle, our first contender is, but of course, Boss-," You heard the murmurs from Present Mic before Meowth added. "Fine, fine-Jeez! If you haven't noticed already, catch up already! She has Pokémon! (Last)(Name)!"

You walked out, the light blinding you once again, as you walked steadily up the newly-created stairs Cementoss has made, reaching towards the stage as Meowth introduce your competition, with less enthusiasm.

"And of course, this other guy." Meowth was sure doing the bare minimum now. You made it your mission to give him a look from where you were, as Meowth added with slight annoyance. "The guy that shoots out tape...uh, yeah, don't mind, Sero Hanta!"

Sero came out from his end, rising up the stairs with an expression twisting to vexation at the horrible introduction. You smiled weakly at him once he reached the stage, which was larger than it looks from the stands. Sero smiled lightly, quirkily giving his trademark triangle grin upon seeing you.

"Sorry about Meowth...he can be...brusque." You struggled, hoping Meowth hadn't heard you as Sero shook his head.

"Nope, it's alright." Sero seemed to be trying to shake away all the nervousness he's sensing, going back to stretching once more like what he did before his fight with Todoroki. You smiled with a small chuckle, finding it interesting how Sero has a habit of stretching to shake his worries away. "But I just hope you know, though I once again have a bad feeling about this..." His smile disappeared to almost an embarrassing defeat. You raised a brow when he shifted his expression to a smirked confidence. "I'm not going down as easily! I won't hold back!"

You smirked back, but you could bring it to the same level of confidence as Sero, you nodded understandingly. "Alright."

Right back on the stands, Midoriya was already holding his book like his life depended on it, unblinkingly watching your form. It was actually rather frightening, in Iida's perspective as the stiff president cleared his throat uncomfortably. Usually, Iida would depend on Uraraka to point out the obvious odd behavior, but alas, she's currently preparing for her battle.

Sadly, Midoriya had not heard Iida trying to get his attention. In fact, he was now going on his endless tirade, which thankfully was cut short by Tsuyu behind him, speaking frankly for everyone. "Midoriya-chan. Please stop, it's scary."

"A-Ah! A-A-Asui-san!" Midoriya fumbled, his notebook flying off from his hands. He captured it almost instantly, but he gazed at Tsuyu with wide eyes as she told him to call her by her nickname. In the end, Iida was thankful for Tsuyu's forthrightness.

Iida fixed his glasses pointedly. "Midoriya-kun. Though I know you're thrilled for this battle, please calm down." Midoriya jumped at Iida's straightforwardness as Iida questioned, diverting the conversation elsewhere. "So, how would this battle go about, in your opinion?"

"Yeah," Ojiro leaned down from his upper seat to hear out the conversation, the tail-boy contemplatively questioning. "It's sort of hard to picture how the event will go from here..."

"Hmm..." Midoriya hummed, eyeing at his two competing classmates. Midoriya furrowed his brows. "To be honest, I can't be too sure. (Last)-san is pretty unpredictable."

You were already preparing yourself to pull out a Pokeball from your pouch, eyes unwavering, scrutinizing your opponent with regard. If Midoriya paid further attention, he could see the hint of assurance. "(Last)-san has about 6 Pokémon with her," Iida, Ojiro, and Tsuyu listened carefully, Midoriya switching his attention to his notebook. "Only 3 of them have been revealed, the others have not yet." There are a few doodles of the Pokémon Midoriya had sketched out during lunch, with the help of Meowth, of course. "It's not for certain, but I have a feeling a new Pokémon will be showing up in this match."

"Is that so?" Iida added, eccentrically hand-chopping when it clicked. "If that is so, (Last)-san still has the element of surprise! Meaning Sero-kun will have no clue how to counter!"

"Is this match going to end up like Sero-chan's first battle with Todoroki-kun?" Tsuyu ribbited additionally, putting a finger under her chin contemplatively when Midoriya pronounces, dead-set at his notebook.

"Not necessary." With his answer, all of his listeners were eyeing the serious boy, who inputted. "It depends on how Sero will attack first..."

Bakugo glared down at the sprouting nerd, turning his harsh eyes to the stage as he sat with his legs hiked on the chair in front of him. It didn't look like he was all that interested, but it was obvious he had his gaze intact on the battle. Todoroki was also watching the upcoming battle, leaning on a wall afar from the others, observing intently.

"Ready!" Present Mic has never seen Meowth so enthusiastic, it actually weirds him out as Meowth chopped his hand forward. "Go!"

You raised your hand, about to throw the Pokeball out, only to be forced to stay still. Sero had quickly wounded his tape around you, forcing your raised arm to be held still. You twitched at the sudden immobilization, Sero smirking a little. "Sorry (Last)! I won't let you release them!"

"Oh-he restrained her," Ojiro commented a little in surprise, but then he furrowed his eyes. "But would that be enough...?"

"Oh?" You slightly tilted your head downward, taking in your restraint state with interest. "You did the same move you did with Todoroki-san huh?" You didn't look necessarily bothered, not even the least bit concern frankly, which just made Sero kind of wanted to crumble in fear. His confident smirk kinda loosening.

"U-Uh..." Sero muttered as you looked around without a care. "(Last)-san, your scaring me..."

"...Right." After slowly assessing the situation, you nodded to him. Your restrained held-up hand was clenched, tightly rounded on an item you showed Sero, who noticed the tiny Pokeball. You smiled knowingly. "Let's get really started then!"

Without a single word, you released the ball, the Pokémon within released out of its cage to show itself to the outside world. And even though Sero would've had free reign to throw you out of the border, you had a feeling that Sero was simply being a bit too kind, or he was too distracted by what's going to happen to think of that as the Pokémon's form began taking place.

A large, rounded, brownish body, the size much larger than any of the Pokémon you had released so far appeared before Sero's much smaller form. Sero can't help but note the hugeness before anything else, before seeing the creature's stern eyes, and its long tusks grappling forward. It stomped, and even in your immobilized state, you can't help but feel confident.

Sero stepped backward, as Mamoswine stood on his full-glory.

4th Pokemon: Mamoswine

"Look at that! Now we haven't seen that one yet!" Present Mic cried, Meowth simply jutting his chin forward arrogantly, snickering a little here and there. It's a good day to know too much.

"It's a new one!" Kaminari awed before Tokoyami nodded calmly.

"It's big."

"...That's what he said..." Mineta murmured contemplatively, hands intertwined under his chin.

"Hmm..." Midoriya was already eyeing the new Pokémon with strange vigor, as Iida contemplated right next to him. "What kind of powers do you think this one has?"

Midoriya narrowed his eyes, "I'm not sure...but it looks like some sort of Mammoth..."

"So an ice type perhaps?"

"Hmm...maybe..."

Midoriya and Iida weren't the only ones curious about this Pokémon's power, as the murmurs of the crowd were loud, especially since this might be the point where the winner can be predicted. Meowth mused after a thoughtful hum. "Hmm, since y'all are curious, how about we play a game?" Meowth abruptly proposed before Present Mic can whip out the Pokedex. He grinned a little, tilting his head. "What type do you think Mamoswine is?"

"Oooh. A guessing game?" Present Mic seemed enthralled, awed like a kid learning about heroes for the first time. "Sounds fun! Alright, let's do this!"

"...You're too easily impressed," Aizawa grumbled.

"Now, now, let's hear those guesses!"

You gave a small smirk, as Mamoswine was able to cut off the tape wrapped around your figure in one swoop with its long tusk, as you ripped off the leftover tape stuck on you. They were especially sticky, so it did sting a bit. You nodded at the large being in thanks, before you started on your attack.

"Mamoswine, ice shard!" Your first attack on a 1 vs 1 battle, and in a flash, with a hefty swing of its body, a race of chunks of ice hurled towards a still slightly distracted Sero, who blinked back to realization as he was forced to dodge with all he can.

"So an ice Pokemon, right? I guessed it right, right?" The blond voiced, but Meowth didn't say anything when the hero proclaimed. "This is kind of too easy...I thought it would be more challenging!"

"So it is an ice Pokémon huh?" Midoriya added, as ice continued to race towards Sero, who could only flail about to dodge.

"It's really just...Sero's battle with Todoroki isn't it?" Kaminari teased Sero, and maybe just a bit of Todoroki. Neither were there to comment, but Kaminari seemed proud of his jab. "Can't say I'm that surprised."

Sero, with no exact way to dodge, decided to shoot out his tape in Mamoswine's direction, the tape getting caught on one of Mamoswine's tusk. Just like that, you could see that an idea sparked in Sero's head as Mamoswine reared his tusk back a tad, trying to tug the tape away as Sero stayed on guard.

Sero then smirked, now purposely tugging the tape a little harder than before as Mamoswine slowly began getting agitated.

Your eyes gleamed, you called out behind the Mammoth-like Pokemon. "Mamoswine-!"

You met eyes with the permanent-appearing stern eyes, the creature eyes squinting before he reared his head back with a huge swing, with this, Sero was forced to move forward, but you had a feeling that's what he was planning all along. As Sero slid closer, using the momentum from the Pokémon's pull to narrowly dodge the ice and get closer to his opponent.

Under the strength of Mamoswine, there was no question Sero would've been thrown around like a child's favorite ragdoll, however, Sero was a hero-training student as well-he wouldn't back down that quick. There was a struggle to maintain hold, but Sero was moving around in a way he was familiar with, up on the sky with only his tape holding him up.

He shot another tape with his free arm, conveniently latching onto the Mammoth's other tusk, causing a grin to begin forming on Sero's face. "Haha, you can't beat me that easy!"

You grinned seamlessly, unbothered. "I'd prefer it that way."

As Mamoswine swung his body to cause him to get to the sky, Sero could only hold on, his tape keeping him grounded. The opinion of the crowd was loud. They were pretty much awed that Sero was holding on-it's pretty obvious now that it seemed most were assuming what happened with Todoroki to happen once more.

"Oh, Sero's definitely upping his game!" Present Mic cheered, as Meowth yawned.

"Yeah, but will it really work out for him? Makes you wonder. Anyways, good luck Don't-mind-guy!"

Meowth's opinion was clear as a stream of clean water.

Sero used this moment he had in the sky and used his tape to grapple forward. He zoomed forward, legs first towards the Pokemon. You took your next execution with quick precision, pointing at him. "Mamoswine, Mud slap!"

Sero blinked bewilderedly. "Mud...slap-Oof!"

Mud was hurled right across Sero's face, he was abruptly distracted, his movement much more disorientated as he fumbled closer to Mamoswine. In its distracted state, Sero with his sight still obstructed he was hurled to what he assumed to be back to where he originally stood. He floundered when his feet touched the ground, flailing about with his hindered sight. Yet he was pulled back to stand straight, an odd notion Sero felt, before wiping the muddiness off his face.

Sero took the chance to catch where he stands. He's still within the line, he still has a chance.

"Close!" Present Mic stresses, but then rubs his chin curiously. "But that wasn't an ice move, huh? So I was wrong...?"

"What do you think it is now?" Meowth questioned deliberately, almost goadingly.

Present Mic pauses. "...A mud type?"

Meowth just sighed.

Sero quickly gets his bearings, slowly getting back into an attack stance to get right back into action, but you weren't going down easily too. You cried. "Earthquake!"

Mamoswine's face twisted into its quite intimidating glare. For a whole second, which probably felt like the longest second in history, nothing happened. You braced yourself, your hand reaching out to clutch the brown fur of Mamoswine, nestling it between your fingers as you apologized internally to Cementoss-sensei, who would have to be the one to once again repair the concrete stage.

With a mighty roar, that caused the surrounding onlookers to flinch in surprise and uncertainty, as just like that the earth quaked as if being ripped apart by God. Sero could only blanch as the ground was in the mercy of the Mammoth-sized creature as the stage crackled like shattered glass, each crack growing, connecting even, by each earth shook.

"W-WOAH! What a shake!" Present Mic held onto the side of the table almost nervously, he eyed his surroundings nervously. He looked tensely at Meowth. "Are we going to be fine?"

"There's nothing to worry about, you big baby." Meowth waved off, sitting down laxly like the ground wasn't shaking. "Do you really think we'd use this move if we feared for the stadium collapsing?"

"We're already prepared for these situations anyway..." Aizawa commented.

"Ah, that's right!" Present Mic agreed, remembering that piece of information last minute.

"Uwa-! The ground's shaking-!" Kirishima gazes around hurriedly, making sure of his surroundings amidst this earthquake. Jiro felt the brunt of the quake more, slightly knowing earlier as her ear jacks raised unintentionally from being thrown a bit in her seat.

"Uhh..." Aoyama groaned a little, clutching his belly in agony. His stomach is worsening after exerting his laser.

"W-What p-p-power-!" Iida's truly becoming a malfunctioning robot, raising a hand to fix his glasses though he's having a hard time correcting them. Midoriya couldn't help agree with his statement, nodding his head shakenly.

As the stage crackles, following a singular line towards Sero, the tape-quirked boy could only go back to what he does best. But this time, understanding the glaring Pokemon after experiencing its movement, he knew what to do next. And at first, you don't succeed, try again.

Sero shot off his tape, the tape once again enthralled with Mamoswine's twin tusks, infuriating the creature. Sero shot off from the ground, pulling himself forward before getting caught beneath that quake. Firing off like a certain renowned-spider hero, he zooms again towards Mamoswine's scrutinizing glare.

"Oh, so he's going for round 2?" Meowth voices, grinning starkly. Then the feline began maniacally laughing, sounding absolutely deranged. "Go ahead, I welcome the attack!"

Present Mic raises a brow, murmuring. "...Big words...for someone not in the field..."

"What was that?"

"Nothing!"

You made sure to stay away as Sero decided to focus his attention to fight off Mamoswine. You grinned, 'Alright, Sero!' You called to the Pokemon, it peering back at you. You eyed the way Sero seemed to be planning his attack, trying to form your own counter. You made a decision. "Mamoswine, hang tight!"

Mamoswine eyed back at the flying human before him, unintentionally rearing his head back again, but Sero was waiting for this. Sero used the momentum of the creature to slide his body around the Pokemon, rounding the Pokemon in its tape.

"I see!" Midoriya suddenly blurted. It garnered the few students around him, as he voiced what he figured. "It looks like Sero's trying to immobilize the Pokemon instead!"

"Ooh...since there's no doubt Sero would lose in a battle of strength, Sero will use his taping ability to tie it up." Iida agreed.

Mamoswine was growing uncomfortable by being slightly tied up, thrashing a bit. But with every movement from the Pokemon, the only more Sero used it to his advantage to catch the creature more in his tape. You contemplated your next move.

"Looks like (Last) is a bit lost on her next move!" Present Mic narrated, he clutched his head in confusion. Aizawa stayed silent as always, but Meowth strangely focused on the battle, not making another comment. "The winner is now filled with uncertainties, who will be the one who'll stay above?"

When Sero even slid underneath the Pokemon to capture it in its tape, he smiled almost proudly, as Mamoswine was having a hard time keeping himself upright. The creature eyed you, waiting for your next orders. And right there, and then, your eyes glinted.

"Mamoswine!" You yelled. The creature perking out of his uncomfortable lashing. Right here, right there, with Sero about to tape him up one last time, swinging right in front of the huge Pokemon. You ordered your final choice. "Blizzard!"

Mamoswine was quick. He had to be, as, with all his might, he blasted Sero with a howling blizzard. The wind was strong, icy even, and Sero was filled with Déjà vu as he was forcibly blasted backward, a freezing air both refreshing and prickling to the skin.

With the sudden snowstorm, the crowd from Sero's side flinched too from the onslaught of windy air slamming into their face, the wind as cold as ice. It was like an amusement park ride where you get drenched by water for sitting far too close to the event that it gave them a light chill. Yet this was a full-on blizzard instead, much more intense than what can be called a 'light chill'.

Sero was blasted to his back. He felt cold-he looked cold from where you stood. But he still was able to move. He struggled to get up, ready to use his tape once more when...

"Stop!" Midnight yelled, Sero whirling to where Midnight was gesturing to see her pointing at the grounds. "Sero, out of bounds! (Last) advances to the second round!"

As the crowd racketed, you cheered lightly, reaching a hand forward to pat the overgrown mammoth-like Pokémon. "You did it!"

You tried to pull off the tape that was still stuck on his fur, being extra gentle as not to hurt him, but the giant didn't seem to care. The Pokemon gleamed, shutting his eyes happily as he nudged into your warmth of affections. You laugh, kindly rubbing his tusk before you call out. "Nice job, Mamoswine!"

When you were done giving your appreciation to your Pokémon, you saw Sero sighing, not an entirely disappoint one, more so leaning on the expectant one like he had already foreseen the results of this battle. He collapsed on the ground tiredly, not to mention still freezing all over, as he ended cross-legged on the stage.

You rushed towards him worriedly, wondering if the battle had taken a toll on him. "Sero, I'm sorry. I went overboard, do you need Arcanine to warm you?"

Yet the only thing you saw was his lazed grin, as he looked up at you with his familiar triangle grin. Acceptance wrote all over him. He started, rubbing his cold arm a bit. "Y'know, I honestly had no chance, either with you or Todoroki, but it was still fun."

You blinked before chuckling, reaching out a hand for him to grasp as you pulled him back up onto his lanky legs, the thin man's grin subsiding a bit for him to groan, your hands still clutched together. "Though, not gonna lie, still kinda hurts-!" He adds, rubbing his free hand behind his nape. He shivered.

You smiled, a little bit in apology. "It was a fun battle, Sero-kun. Good game."

Your reply had Sero smiling once more, the man relaxing a bit as he squeezed your hand in his hold. It was mostly out of looking for warmth, but he also did for another reason as he nodded confidently. "Right, Good game!"

"It was expectant-! But at least the crowd enjoyed the match, isn't that right?" Present Mic's presenting had you cringing, Sero's expression growing slowly more soulless at each of his words. Meowth finished the final blow.

"What? Were you doubtful? Of course, that's the result! It was obvious from the get-go!"

You sighed as Sero's expression worsened, bowing down apologetically. "...I'm truly sorry."

"No, no, it's not your fault (Last)-chan!" Sero waved it off furiously, fumbling with his sentence.

"So, since the battle has finally ended, let's get to the important parts, what is Mamoswine's typing?" Meowth began, gesturing from one paw to the other. "Was it an ice type...or the other type...?"

"It's pretty obvious it's an ice type, isn't it?" Present Mic drearily begins. "That blizzard blast isn't just for show-!" Meowth didn't say a word to Present Mic's conclusion, turning his expectant gaze to Aizawa.

"...A ground type?" Aizawa sighed out, wanting to get this over with already.

"Alright, so that's the conclusion? Okay! So here's the verdict." Meowth cleared his throat loudly like he was about to present the sickest conclusion of all time. Then he chopped his hand forward in disapproval, following resident's class 1-A's president. "Both of you are wrong!"

"W-What?! Seriously?!" Present Mic gapes but the cat isn't done, pointing at the screen like the answer was obvious.

"It was both! Mamoswine is both an ice and ground type!" Meowth laughed heartily at the dumbfounded face of his now co-worker. "This furry-creature is known for its long tusks that are actually made of ice! Though we're already quite thin in numbers, Mamoswine are especially thinned in population. Don't be fooled by its appearance, you're looking at one ancient being from the ice ages. Heck-the first Mamoswine scientists had found was dug up from its frozen state and now it lives-!" Meowth lightly nudges the blacked-out Present Mic's side, snickering a little. "Talk about living zombie am I right?"

Mamoswine: The Twin Tusks Pokemon

Ice and Ground Type

Its impressive tusks are made of ice. The population thinned when it turned warm after the ice age.

"Pretty interesting, huh?" Meowth jeers cutely, before Present Mic argued back hastily.

"Oi-! That means we're half-right, Meowth!" Present Mic was quick to denounce that 'you're wrong!' Meowth had so blatantly pointed at his face. "You didn't say anything about dual-power typing!"

"Excuse you-! Saying only one still doesn't mean your correct. That just means you think he had one type, which is the wrong answer." Meowth defended strongly. The cat shrugged when the last question was brought up, turning to look down at the battlefield with a smirk. "And for dual-typing, if that Todoroki brat can have two powers, how is it strange for Pokemon to have two typings."

Truly, there was no winning when Meowth was there.

Step Four: Teach the basics of Pokémon! Meowth that's for you!

You huffed a small sigh at Meowth's introduction, Sero standing by you just as exasperatedly, the same feeling of probable confusion at the intro so blatantly obvious on your faces. Once you shook your head lightly, it looked like Sero still had something to say, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. "Hey, so, um...anyways, not that you needed it, but good luck on the rest of the games. Honestly, this was a longer game than I thought it would, as I really was sure it would be over the first few seconds," Someone seems to be experienced with that, especially after his first battle as Sero nervously added, a sort of confusion now crossing his face. "Actually, I really thought it was going to be the end when he got my tape, wouldn't it be a possibility to just throw me out when Mamoswine had me?"

"..." You were a bit surprised, eyeing Sero's genuine curiosity. It took you about a few seconds before you tilted your head as if it was obvious, raising a brow. "I suppose it was just an accident with Mamoswine-," Speaking of which, who had stomped over to get behind you.

"Oh-!" You laughed as Mamoswine's stern features softened, your back accidentally hitting his nose, which he didn't seem to mind. You giggled, explaining further. "He was probably just too into the moment." Sero flinched a bit at the creature's appearance, nodding hesitantly before working the courage to pat his tusk.

"H-Hey, Good job buddy! I swear, I really thought you were going to throw me like you were an Olympian on a hammer throw-! Hahaha-!" Sero nervously laughed, as Mamoswine simply lightly swung his tusk on him. Sero was almost growing a little uncertain, seeing as the only thing he saw during the whole battle was the creature's battle-hungry eyes. But then he realized how light the swung actually was, making him believe it was just a light greeting. In fact, Mamoswine let out an approval cry of his own, which you explained with a small snicker.

"I think he thinks you were a formidable opponent." You smiled, as Mamoswine's expression continued to stay soft, all the muscles on his face relaxing. It was so very different from his face during the competition.

Sero's nervousness went away to chuckling. He reached forward to pat his fur. "Man, if we met before this battle, I'd honestly just think you were a sweetheart. A large one nonetheless..."

You laughed, and Sero couldn't help but stare as you do, his shoulders relaxing. He didn't even mind the large Pokémon behind you, following your happiness with a small snicker of his own. Stuck with you in a cheerful tittering bubble, ignoring the cheers from the crowds.

"You know..." You suddenly thought, bringing Sero's attention to you. "I was about to finish you off with an ice fang at first, but I decided to go for a blizzard..."

Sero raised a brow, feeling a little wary. "W-What's an ice fang?"

"Oh, well it's when Mamoswine bites his opponent with cold infused fangs. But I thought that would be too mean, so I went for a blizzard."

"You think!?" Sero blanches. He really needs to be warier of you, as you could only chuckle in amusement at the fear crossing his features.

"I'm just joking."

"It doesn't feel like a joke-!" You could laugh a little harder.

And with that, your first battle ended.

You walked back through the gate, noticing with a smile that Gardevoir was still hovering from where she last was. The creature made a small smile, as you rushed over to her. "Gardevoir, you were watching from here?" The Pokémon gave a delayed nod, as you felt yourself grow light. "I was pretty good, right?" Another nod, always so graceful.

You grinned softly at your Pokémon, just happy the creature seemed less conflicted with herself, less in her own world after all that transpired. Gardevoir seemed genuinely at ease.

As you talked to your Pokémon a bit, you were surprised when Gardevoir's relaxed features twisted to caution, as she whirled around to face whoever was walking to the gates. You were quick to note it was one of your classmates, Yaoyorozu, who hadn't picked her head up at all, her eyes searing to the pavement her shoes walked on.

You opened your mouth cautiously, your brows furrowing. "...Momo-chan? Are you okay?"

The black-haired teen almost didn't hear you, but she jolted, raising her head up slowly to meet both yours and Gardevoir's visibly curious ones. Her slightly dulled onyx eyes lighted up, but only just a tad. "Ah...(Name)-san..."

You sided away from Gardevoir to check on the vice-president, who's not looking great. You held on to her arm, cautious of the girl's odd actions. "Are you feeling unwell? If you're feeling sick you should tell the teachers." You frowned at her saddened expression, rubbing the length arm comfortingly.

A part of you knew it wasn't a sickness that was plaguing her, but more so of her uncertainties that were truly weighing her down at the moment. The loss must have hit hard, However, you didn't bring that up to the already sensitive girl, who smiled a little forcefully.

"I'm fine (Name)-san..." She looked down at her pink sneakers, brows furrowing contemplatively before she smiles at you again. "Really, I'm just thinking of the battle."

"...right." You murmured, still uncertain. To ease you, the tall girl smiled at you, trying to reassure you that she was entirely fine. Sadly, it wasn't quite working with you, as you noticed how it seems Momo was completely swarm with uncertainties and emotions, strategies flying crossed her big brain. You opened your mouth hesitantly, about to say something, anything really when the presenters blared out their next competitors.

Yaoyorozu's eyes widened, "Oh, it's starting. Then..." the girl barely even glanced at you, giving you a brief nod before pacing towards the stadium. And you could only watch her back worriedly, unable to say a word. Only Gardevoir accompanying you.

Yaoyorozu Momo vs. Uraraka Ochaco

Instead of watching from the stands, you opted to watch from the tunnel you were about to leave from, staying there with a calm Gardevoir. Both Yaoyorozu and Uraraka looked just a tinged nervousness, yet it really showed how much more eagerness Uraraka had compared to the other, who frowned contemplatively.

To describe the battle, it was sort of hard to put. Yaoyorozu was mostly playing defensive it seems, as Uraraka attempted to tap the vice-president to float her. This played out for a long while, Momo paying special attention to stay in a certain area on the ground every now and then.

You had no idea why, but you were pretty sure you could hear Mineta awing and getting fired up about the girl's fight that Jiro had no choice but to shut him up herself.

Anyways, just when Momo dodged Uraraka's attempted attack to swipe at her, you saw her create something, specifically onto the concrete. It was hard to focus when she was using her other hand to create something to cover herself up. Yaoyorozu was now holding a shield in front of her, blocking her from Uraraka and you right away furrowed your brows. 'A shield...?'

In no seconds, Uraraka's stern glazed eyes noticed the exact direction to go for, and tap the shield. The shield was now weightless and began floating upward, Momo didn't look quite as shock, but rather a little surprised. Uraraka cried, "Gomen Yaoyorozu-chan!" She held the weightless shield in her clutch, Yaoyorozu clutching the item just as harshly, but was distracted by it so much that she didn't take notice of Uraraka pressing her hands to release it, the weight pulling down Yaoyorozu by surprise. Uraraka took the chance and tapped her.

'She got her-!' You leaned away from the walls, watching to see the next attack. If you knew Momo enough, you'll know enough that she isn't one to back down completely. Although she's all over the place right now, you have a feeling that Yaoyorozu accounted for this, and from the looks of it, Uraraka did too.

Before she could float off, Momo hurriedly used her creation. Sweat beading down her forehead as the object she desired took form. A grappling hook. She needed to be quick, the weight of the contraption would bring her down to the ground, and caused both Uraraka and the teachers to look panicked for a moment.

But with a quick movement, she hastily pointed it down, one eye squinting to pin her focus before she shoots it off.

Uraraka veered backward in shock, only to see that Momo had not been aiming at her, but onto a weight conveniently on the ground. Both you and Uraraka not realizing that specific item earlier on.

"...So she used the shield, to block Uraraka's sight from seeing her create something, then used that small time to plant it there. I see." You spoke up, Gardevoir silent as she watches next to you, "But focusing on that prediction...it would be better if she chose a way to fight Uraraka without being weightless..."

It was a pretty good idea, but it wouldn't help Momo in the long run. By getting herself only weightless, it would be impossible for Uraraka to float other objects. However, Momo is only making herself defenseless by allowing her to be floated by Uraraka's quirk

You don't know how far Momo had planned for this to transpire, but now that Momo had pulled her back onto the ground with the contraption, she is only left floating just a few feet above the ground, clutching on the grappling hook tightly. But you can see it from Momo's face now, what now?

The gears on Yaoyorozu's head turned, and Uraraka charged forward. She tried to fight off Momo's grip on the grappling hook, but now it became a battle of push and pull. You could see Momo was struggling with her hold.

And at the last minute, Momo's hand slipped.

With that, Uraraka quickly maneuvered Momo out of bounds, Yaoyorozu tried to create something, anything, just one last time. But it was all for naught.

.

.

.

In the end, you watched as Uraraka released her hold on Yaoyorozu, stopping her quirk as Momo fell to the ground, Uraraka made it her absolute priority to make sure she falls at least a few inches from the ground. And the winner was set.

Yaoyorozu began her walk out of the stadium, with Uraraka wordlessly smiling at her for a good battle. As Yaoyorozu entered the darkened tunnel, she finally saw you, still standing where you were before.

"Ah, (Last)-san, you're here..." The black-haired girl gave a small smile, but the hurt was there. There weren't many words exchanged, you just stared at her as she rubbed her other elbow despondently. She didn't meet your eyes, biting the inside of her cheeks.

You came up to her then, slowly reaching over with your arms held open just a bit. You uncertainly questioned, feeling both that it was the right thing to do, yet feeling like you weren't right for the job. You looked at her softly. "...May I?"

Momo eyed your action for a minute as if to process it thoroughly before the hurt came full force. She nodded numbly, and you without hesitation enveloped her loosely. And just like that, she sniffled, letting out small cries onto your shoulders, hugging you back tightly.

"I-I couldn't do anything...not on the first...not the second."

"...That's not true." You softly argued, rubbing your hand on her back, as she continued to cry on your gym shirt. It felt so odd, so different to see the usually so confident girl, who would say her input regarding every situation sternly and proudly.

And at that moment, you felt the pull of your cheeks dragging your lips to a frown. Your heart clenched, your hands clutching her back just as tightly. You downcast your eyes to the back of her shirt, as you sighed, uttering a sentence that explained everything bottled in you.

"I'm...sorry..."

❧❧❧

Once you entered the break room, you were instantly attacked with a bear hug, Uraraka's large happy face the last thing you saw before you were squished to death in her smothering affection. You blinked in confusion.

"(Name)-chan-! I did it! I passed!" she cheered, as you took notice of the few Pokémon lingering in the room, eyeing the hug with their big curious eyes, as Gardevoir hovered outside of the room, patiently waiting for you to get in. It looked like Pikachu and Sylveon were keeping Uraraka company on the desk, as the vulpixs' were playing around on the ground with Buneary.

"Ah-Ochaco-chan, good job." You nodded, slowly pulling away from the hug as the brunette grinned, eyes closed jubilantly.

"Thank you, I really was nervous." She pressed her hand to her heart, her eyes opening to meet yours. "Congrats to you too-! That huge Pokémon is incredible! He might be the largest we have seen so far-!"

After your small moment with Yaoyorozu, the girl embarrassedly wiping away her tears before thanking you as she went hurriedly back to the bleachers. She seemed slightly mortified about what happened, but having a small cry eased her. Remembering that had you feeling a bit down, but seeing Uraraka's overjoyed reaction truly brightened your mood a bit.

You gleamed a bit. "Yes, Mamoswine gives you the sort of feeling that your meeting something incredible. Sero-kun was a pretty great opponent, it was interesting to fight him." Uraraka had listened to you ramble with rapt attention, a light blush appearing on her cheeks as she hummed with every word you uttered.

"Oh-whoa-!" The two of you were interrupted, moving your eyes to Midoriya, who accidentally bumped into Gardevoir, the stern stare the psychic Pokémon had scaring the green-haired. Midoriya's wide eyes confusedly wondering what he should do under those watchful eyes.

"Oh, Midoriya-kun, you're here." You noted.

"Ah-I just wanted to congratulate you both." Midoriya nervously sided away from Gardevoir, the being moving away kindly as the green-haired entered in to greet you with a kind smile. "I also have the next bracket list for the 2nd round, I'm up first."

Uraraka's eyes widened, "Ah-what's our next battle?" Midoriya looked to be clutching the papers including the bracket-list, as he handed it to the brunette. You leaned closer to the girl, practically so close you felt each other's body warmth as you eyed the list. Uraraka didn't seem to mind.

Midoriya answered, even though you could read on your own. "Iida-kun is pitted against you, Uraraka-san," Uraraka's mouth gaped comically, as Midoriya then appointed to you. "While (Last)-san, you're against the student from class B, Ibara Shiozaki."

"So I'm fighting Ibara-san next..." You nodded understandingly, smiling a bit as you fixed the plan on your head. "Hmm...yes, that could work..."

"Already have a plan (Name)-chan?" Uraraka questioned, eyeing you ridiculously. "That's so fast!"

"It's just a draft plan..."

"Still...!" Uraraka smiled at the bracket, before pumping her fist. "Since I made it this far, I won't hold back against Iida-kun! He didn't declare war on me, but I'll make him eat his words for not doing so-! Maybe, I can do a surprise attack about suggesting skipping school with him!"

You chuckled, you're sure Iida would be a fumbled mess, outraged at the proclamation, saying how that would be unfit of students from U.A. You turned to Midoriya. "How about you, who are you pitted-?" Your eyes landed on the bracket list, and you're at eased tone shift to stupefaction, Oh.

"My battle with Todoroki-kun should start..." Midoriya knew exactly what you were thinking, as he pursed his lips contemplatively. "I didn't think it would be this soon..."

"Woah, with Todoroki-kun huh? That's going to be pretty tough but..." Uraraka started carefully, but she smiled, quickly cheering. "Don't worry, you got it. I'll be watching you okay? Do your best!"

Midoriya gave a small smile, nodding his head affirmatively. All while, you pressed your lips to thin lines, eyeing Midoriya with hidden intentions Midoriya has yet to pick up. When the bell rang, Midoriya's cue coming to a quick start, you watched as Uraraka fretted worriedly.

"Ah-! I made you miss your time to prepare, didn't I? Sorry!"

"No, no, it's okay." Midoriya waved off, slightly surprised by the quick time himself, but decided that he shouldn't question it. "I'll see you guys then-!"

"Midoriya-kun, can I come with you?" All of a sudden, you called out, both the cheerful students blinking in surprise at your interventions. The Pokémon all around the room cooed, as you sent a tiny nod at them. "Just wanted to say a few words of encouragement. I'll be back."

The green-haired boy gaped, before nodding hastily. He agreed as you left by saying your 'see you' to the Pokemon and Uraraka, who had a slightly curious look in her eyes. You waved at her to ease her mind off of it, before following Midoriya through the hallways of the stadium. Pikachu being Pikachu, followed you out, not that you minded as he rested on your shoulders. When the both of you walked off farther from the break room, you asked.

"Midoriya-kun..." The green-haired cast you a worried glance. He knows about your troubles, but would you be okay with hearing that he knows? Is this what it is about? About the Pokemon? Pikachu tilted his head next to you, but you didn't pay him any mind as you softly began. "...Your battle with Todoroki-san..."

So it's about Todoroki. Midoriya nodded seriously. "...Yes."

"...I just wanted to say..." You paused, sighing a little. You looked ahead, trying to conjure the right way to say this. "That-,"

The seriousness in the air as you walked down the hall was clear, but just when you wanted to finish your sentence, a hulking figure of fire, from his mask to where facial hair should grow to part of his hero outfit burned in the flames of orange-red. The man strode forward from the corner, you and Midoriya startled by the large man's appearance.

It would be an understatement to say he was a large man. He was large just like All Might, yet the vibe the both of them exuded couldn't be more different as the blond American hero was friendlier, welcoming, while this man was fierce, aggressive. There was a stern look in his eyes, and for some reason, you were somehow accustomed to the sight- in fact, it seemed familiar.

Yet all you could think at that moment was...

.

.

.

You furrowed your brows together, whispering as seriously as possible. "...Emboar, he's an Emboar."

❧❧❧

Gosh, this took a while! But here's to chapter 36! It's actually a little shorter than the past chapters, but I feel this is a good time to pause the chapter. Honestly, I'm pretty bad at making fighting scenes. I said that before but it's really hitting me how hard it is to come up with an amazing fight scene. But I hope you guys at least enjoy the two that I've just created at the top of my head.

So, more info on what happened! Leading the reader's reason on wanting to do well in the Sports Festival. Honestly, when I look at the government side of things, you have these powerful creatures being exposed to the world that they've been hiding for years, you have no real idea how to control them, yet there just as powerful as Quirks-I'd be pretty frightened too. Reminder since everything is just beginning to be let out, there's a lot of uncertainties and wariness everywhere because of this. You'd think a society filled with heroes and quirks would be more accepting, but it's not that easy! I really hope to broaden on these aspects of the storyline, so stay tuned!

I feel like I should explain why I chose the 3 losing contenders for the supplementary round to be Uraraka, Momo, and Sero. Honestly, as much as Shinso had gotten a positive response, it's quite obvious that his limit was pretty much shown in his first battle, so I figured most wouldn't vote him-but he showed his worth at the very least. Aoyama is a similar case to showing his limits and powers already. Hatsume is pretty obvious, while Tetsutetsu and Kaminari fell to the category of almost getting voted, but not enough votes in. To be honest, Tetsutetsu would be my second pick after Sero, since he was pretty powerful and even with Kirishima, However, I felt that Sero showed a lack of his ability, but showed just enough to entice the crowd, to earn him this spot. I imagined that Sero honestly could've made it at least to the 2nd round if his opponent was not Todoroki. Uraraka was pretty reasonable with her fight with Bakugo, while Momo was more of, 'her quirk's interesting, I'm sure the crowd would like the see more!'. So yeah, that's the reason for my choices! And who I think the crowd would vote for!

If it came down to Momo's and Uraraka's battle, I guess it was pretty obvious who was going to come out on top. Realistically, if both were at the top of their games, Momo seemed most likely to have won. But with Momo's insecurity, the results were decided early on.

And yes, how could I exclude to addition of Endeavor, or emboar as reader says. I know some might say he's more similar to incineroar, and reader's definitely gonna talk about that next chapter. But I really think the similarities with emboar is uncanny! Re-watching Endeavor in the sports festival and how is in the anime/manga is really, really different. Welp, looks we'll just have to bear with Past-endeavor before he improves, so let's enjoy it while we can.

I'm thinking for the next few chapters that I'll be cutting down most of the other battles. As much as I'd like to, it would definitely take a lot of time to write everyone's battles, as I probably should be more focused on reader's battles instead. However, since I am changing things up, I'll give brief explanations of how the battles are commenced to the battles that are different. Weird fact, I was able to finish this chapter once I began using Comic Sans, and I...don't know how to feel about that. We've been in the Sports Festival era far too long, it's time to head to the next! The Sports Festival should be lasting 2-3 more chapters at the very least, so we're almost at the end.

And...can I just say? The manga of Bnha now? God...I have no words on how much of a slap it feels compared to how bnha started. Both hype and incredibly scared about what's gonna happen next. The 3rd movie of Bnha trailer is looking pretty exciting, since Deku's apparently a mass murderer now. Season 5 is also out, man there's so much going on already. I'm also quite interested in the new Pokemon games coming out, more so Pokemon legends: Arceus, since it looks interesting. I don't know, I like the idea of a free-roaming world while we capturing Pokemon, haha. The Pokemon 4 reboot is honestly cute, surprise they went with the chibi route, but I think it works fine. What are your thoughts of them, either Bnha or Pokemon, I'm all ears!

Anyway, love you guys, and hope you're all doing well! I feel like the next chapter might come out quicker, but I'm a still little busy. I'll still try my best! See you then.

Btw, we got a phenomenal fanart from Shockeywavey! Thank you so much! Reader looks badass here with Arcanine behind her! Gotta love the addition of all the other cute small Pokemon with her. Once again, much thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 4.2K 10
You thought the fighting villains was rough, but parenthood is definitely the toughest battle you've had. Your husband being one of the top 10 heroes...
211K 5.6K 22
You are a villain, he is becoming a hero... You and Bakugou were friends back in kindergarten through Middle school, however after Middle school you...
60.5K 1.4K 55
🀄 ᳝ ࣪ 𔘓𓄿̷̸ ❝ 𝖫𝗢𝖵𝗘 𝖬𝗬𝖲𝗘𝖫𝗙 ❞ ▬▬ 𝗕𝖭𝗛𝖠. 𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴 𝙸𝚂 𝙰 𝚃𝚁𝙸𝚅𝙸𝙰𝙻 𝙼𝙰𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁 🎪 ▎⃞ ݊ ˳. 𓍯 ࣪🦴 ᳝ ˑ [ 𝗦𝖨𝗠𝖮𝗡 ]𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒...
1.2M 34.3K 55
discontinued [F/N] [L/N] is an incredibly powerful young woman, living with one of the most powerful quirks known to man. She wants to become a her...