Love's Second Chance

By cdwritings

Kendra has the perfect dad, perfect boyfriend, perfect friends, perfect life. But destiny will play her a dir... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapet 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 38

73 2 0
By cdwritings

I open my eyes and my head is pounding. I feel just like I did when I got hungover some months ago, but this time without the alcohol. I see Nyla and Avianna sitting on Avianna's bed whispering something to each other. Avianna sees me getting up and she rushes towards me.

"Kendra, how are you feeling?" She asks concerned.

"I'm good, I just have a horrible headache." I say touching my head hoping the contact would make it stop.

"Must be dehydration, you cried so much last night I wouldn't be surprised if you had no water left in you." Nyla says giving me a cup of water. "Here, drink this." I take the cup from her and drink it as if I hadn't drink anything in days.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"It's past 10am," Avianna answers. "You missed breakfast so we got you these." She says passing me the tray with a sandwich and apple juice on it. I take it from her and smile. I reach out for my phone and see it's nowhere to be found.

"Ah here," Nyla says. "It kept ringing all night until it died, so I put it to charge." She adds as she passes it to me. I check and I have over 10 missed calls from my dad and some more from a number with local area code, most likely it's miss Sydney's number. "Your dad came looking for you but you had fallen asleep already, hours later miss Sydney came to look for you too. Kendra i didn't want to insist last night, but are you sure nothing bad happened to you?" Nyla asks and I can really see concert on both of their faces. I have to tell them, I have to tell someone before I go mad.

"Umm I-," I stutter. "I had already told you girls about my mum right." I ask and they both nod. "Well I found her." I say and they gasp. I clear my throat and blink fast to fight the tears forming in my eyes. "My mum is miss Sydney."

"What the fuck?" They both say together and turn to face each other.

"Yeah so now I don't know what I'm going to do, how am I going to stay in the academy knowing who she is. I- I.." I'm not able to finish my sentence.

"I am honestly not surprised. You guys are almost identical, it was impossible you weren't related." Avianna says earning her arm getting smack by Nyla. "Ouch."

"How do you feel with this whole situation?" Nyla asks grabbing my hand.

"I don't know how to feel. I'm upset because my dad knew who she was since he picked me up and didn't say a thing. I'm mad at her for thinking she can come in to my life and act like nothing happened, like she didn't miss my entire."

"Well what did she tell you? Why didn't she look for you before?" Avianna asks.

"I don't know, I didn't let her talk. And honestly I don't care. What is she going to tell me that I don't know already? She didn't want me, she left. That's it." I say getting up and walking to the restroom.

After my morning routine and eating the sandwich they brought me, I decide to walk around campus to clear my mind. I have to decide, what am I going to do now? How can I stay here knowing my egg donor is the principal and owner of the academy? I can't. I don't want to see her nor I want to be near her. But I don't want to leave the academy either. Ugh must she always make my life miserable? I couldn't have a family because of her, now I have to leave my friends and studies because of her too. And where would I go now? Back home to my dad who keeps things from me? Who took her side? Why must i always have to run away to find just a little bit of happiness? When I come back from my thoughts, I realize I'm in the main patio close to the fountain. I walk towards it and take a sit to rest with tears rolling down my face.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Shawn's POV:

It's Monday and I'm back at work even though it's still spring break. This job gives the first week of break off and the second I come back to get ready for the following Monday when classes start again. I have been working all morning on the back are of the school doing some gardening work.

I haven't trying to keep myself occupied this whole week to not think about things I shouldn't. Since I was on vacation here I worked full time at target, I had a couple of races too. But even after everything I was doing to keep my mind busy, I always thought of her. I hadn't seen her since I confessed my feelings for her last time. And it's better that way, but if there's something I feel guilty about is the way I did it. I yelled at her and acted like an absolute asshole. I had no right to tell her anything, at the end of the day, we are just friends.

I walk towards the front of the school to see what's needed to get done there. I stop when I see someone sitting on the fountain, and that hair, I know that hair. Maybe thinks the best time to apologize. I carefully walk behind her and when I'm in a close distance I start talking.

"Kendra I'm so glad to see you because I needed to talk to you. I want to apologize for what happened at the party list weekend. I had no right to talk to you the way I did and I shouldn't have raised my voice at you, that's not right." I say and she doesn't say anything. "I'm really sorry and embarrassed for the way i behaved I-" I'm cut off by a sob. Is she crying? I walk a little bit more and she her face full of tears.

"Kendra, Kendra what's wrong?" I ask worried.

She looks at me and without saying anything throws her arms around me and starts crying out loud. I hold her back immediately. I don't know what to say, but hearing her cry so hard it's breaking my heart.

"Kendra?" I say looking for her face. "Are you ok? What's wrong?" She looks up to me and her brown eyes are full of tears.

"My life is a mess Shawn, I don't understand what I did to deserve all the things that happen to me?" She cries.

"Oh no no don't say that darling. Whatever it is I'm sure it has a solution." I say trying to cheer her up. "Hey," I lift up her face so she's facing me. "Everything is going to be ok, ok?" I say and she nods.

I hug her again and she hugs me back, her crying not stopping. Little by little without thinking twice about it, I move back and face her. Tears are still rolling down her cheeks and I clean them with my thumb. Kendra closer her eyes with my touch and without hesitation I lean in to kiss her. Kendra seems surprised at first but kisses me back. I fee my heart skip a beat when our lips touch. I am able to taste some of her tears but I don't mind, I have been waiting for the moment I get to kiss her again. My hand are on her face and hers go to the back of the neck. Oh this is perfect, but perfection doesn't last forever.

Kendra pushes me back and when I open my eyes I find her shaking her head.

"No Shawn no." She says standing up.

"Kendra I-"

"No Shawn!" She says again, her eyes still full tears, but this time they are my fault. "I don't have the time nor the head for this." She stands up.

"I'm sorry." I say standing up reaching for her hand but she moves before I can touch her.

"No Shawn no." She says one more time before running away.

I am such a fucking idiot. What the fuck was I thinking? Obviously she is going through something difficult and I had to come and make her feel worst. Great Shawn, fucking great.

The rest of my shift I wish I could see her again so I could apologize. I even thought about going to her room to start sorry but one, I don't know which one is her room and two, I could get her and myself in so much trouble if I were to get caught.

I arrive at the apartment and find Brian in the kitchen. I grab a beer and take a sip as I sit in our dinning table.

"Ok what happened?" Brian asks.

"How do you know something happened."

"Your face. You look miserable." He says grabbing a beer and sitting with me. "Let me guess, Kendra?" He asks and I lift my eyebrows letting him know he guessed right.

"I saw her today, I hadn't since her since the party last week."

"When you were an asshole." He cuts me off.

I roll my eyes at him, he's right though. "Yes Brian that one time. So I decided to apologize today to her since I seen her but instead of doing so, I fucked up badly."

"Why?"

"She was upset about something, I'm not sure what. But I had the great idea of kissing her when she was the most vulnerable. Like tell me that isn't a dick move?" I say and he nods. "She left pretty upset and crying and told me she didn't have time for this, which I already knew, I already knew she doesn't want a relationship." I add taking another sip of my beer.

"What are you going to do then?"

"Wait, what else can I do? Wait until I see her again and apologize to her."

"I hope you don't fuck up this time."

"I hope so too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3.3K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
1.1M 47.8K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
563K 34.4K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
367K 13.1K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...