Aesthete

By kaywritingbooks

This story is about an OC character of mine, Florence Reyna is an American transfer student molded to become... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32 - Bakugo 1
Chapter 33 - Bakugo 2
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Bakugo 3
Chapter 36 - Bakugo 4
Chapter 37 - Bakugo 5
Bakugo Birthday Special
Chapter 39 - Izuku 1
Chapter 40 - Izuku 2
Chapter 41 - Izuku 3
Chapter 42 - Izuku 4
Chapter 43 - Izuku 5
Chapter 44 - Bakugo 6
Chapter 45 - Bakugo 7
Chapter 46 - Kaminari
Chapter 47 - Bakugo 8
Chapter 48 - Jirou
Chapter 49 - Bakugo 9
Chapter 50 - Bakugo 10
Closing Note.

Chapter 13.

381 22 17
By kaywritingbooks

"You have to choose hero names, that's why Midnight's here to help you with this, it's not my thing." Mr. Aizawa gestured to the purple-haired woman who smirked and waved her fingers.

My hero name?

Two days have passed since the Sports Festival. Why didn't Shota tell me to start thinking about this. I hadn't been giving it thought, but I suppose I was too oriented on matters such as the Sports Festival to even properly dwell on it.

What if I choose a stupid name that I'm stuck with for the rest of my career? The whole class began discussing their thoughts and ideas towards their soon-to-be labels while my eyes drifted to the same person I've been worrying about since I found him with tears in his eyes. Iida.

He no longer scolded Bakugo for placing his feet on the desk nor chastised Kirishima and Kaminari for talking loudly. He didn't use his signature gesture to began having the class incorporate their ideas professionally, he only remained in his desk with a empty look, eyes seeming too lost to retreat back into hope.

Everyone seemed to tread over the subject of his brother lightly, but if no one really talked about it, how would he ever move forward and sort out his feelings towards the paralyzed sibling he admires so dearly?

I was staring at him, eyebrows furrowed in concern when a palm pressed against my cheek, forcing me to look at the classmate always being physically affectionate with his friends.

"Denki?" I mused, allowing his hand to remain on my face as I twirled my marker in my fingertips. I really needed to start coming up with proper ideas for my denomination.

"What do you think of Stun Gun Hero: Chargebolt?"

Chargebolt? It's surprisingly fitting, especially the 'Stun Gun' aspect, it was even charming because of the way he beamed with pride saying it.

"I like it, Chargebolt." I was writing on a blank board, scribbling the beginnings of a label I might not be embarrassed of.

"I'll pay you good money to call me that for the rest of our lives." He stated, lips pressed into a serious line before shaking it off with a laugh. I rolled my eyes, finding them drifting off to the white space that beckoned to be filled.

While Jirou and Kaminari began verbally sparring with the subject of today's class, I recalled my phase of childhood where I was attached to learning about every layer of Greek and Roman mythology. There was a goddess that fascinated me because I always hoped my quirk would be as powerful as hers, even if I had only managed to feebly revive small plants at the time.

I like the Roman version of her name, I suppose it's more fitting for me.

I stood up, walking to the one person I knew who wouldn't hold back on his brutal honesty. He would help me in determining whether I was worthy enough to pluck such a grand title for myself.

He was scribbling furiously on his board, blonde tufts shaking with his aggression. When he noticed my approach, he layered out his elbow to obscure my vision from his words.

"What do you want, crybaby?" Bakugo drawled out, feigning his lack of interest towards my presence.

"I wanna see what you think of my hero name." I handed him the tablet calmly, waiting to see how he would react.

He scanned over it briefly, expression retaining the rarity of calmness that he only shows for short periods of time.

"It could be worse." That's his stamp of approval. I hummed, muttering a word of gratitude as I took the board back and pulled on his cheek, dodging the swipe he sent in my direction.

Tsu, or Froppy, was the first person to get her name approved. The class chanted her name with pride, before moving on to the next presentations.

Mina had gunned an adorable hero name, Pinky, while Yaoyorozu chose an elegant one, Creati. Uraraka's and Hagakure's were quickly approved and so was Denki's. I took to complimenting Jirou on 'The Hearing Hero: Earphone Jack,' while she blushed and swatted my head to stop embarrassing her. A heavy sadness wormed its way into the class when Iida donned 'Ingenium,' after his brother who would no longer be able to work as a hero. Bakugo's got rejected two times because of the villainous aspect to his attempted label, and Kaminari and I got wrung by our necks for fighting off laughter. Shoji, Ojiro, and Tokoyami all came up with fitting names to highlight their quirk, and Kirishima dubbed himself after his favorite pro-hero, being named Red Riot rather than Crimson Riot.

When I complimented him on it, he tugged on my arm excitedly as we both watched Izuku make his way to the stand.

Our commotion was silenced when he spoke, "This is going to be my hero name, I chose it because two people helped me realize that it carries more meaning, and it will be what I make of it, not of my past." His board had Deku scribbled on it, while my mouth opened slightly in shock.

"Are you sure about that, Midoriya?" Kirishima asked in concern, eyes filled with reluctance.

"Yes, I'm positive!" Izuku replied, shooting off the same familiar smile that reminded me of a hearth, always nourishing others with warmth.

He stumbled back to his desk as I turned and watched, chest filled with pride at how determined he was to keep pushing himself to fulfill his dream.

"Izuku?" I whispered, tugging on the crook of his elbow. "Yes?" He dropped his voice, curiosity peeking through.

"Deku, that's going to be the name of the greatest hero, right?" My tone was sincere, I smiled, hoping my expression would cast my honesty and faith in him.

I squeaked, startled to be engulfed in his arms as he hovered over my desk with a tight embrace, head buried towards my neck. Luckily, everyone was too distracted within themselves to point us out, but I felt the shrewd gaze of Aizawa through his sleeping bag, Todoroki's stare from the back of the classroom and Kaminari's piercing look through my back.

"What was that for?" I stuttered out, hiding the way my face was morphing into the shy expression I rarely display.

"You believe in me, completely. You're the first person to never doubt me."

I sighed, giving him a look meant to soothe him. "There's nothing to doubt about you, Izuku." I stood, making my way to the stand but not before someone pulled the end of my jacket.

"We're going to get food after school." Denki's voice was insistent, no humor laced in it as he stared straight ahead. I frowned, but shrugged. "You're lucky we're close or I'd totally reject that demand," I said lightly. He only released his grip, eyes narrowing at his desk. What's wrong with him?

I reached the front of the classroom, tinged with concern for the always playful boy who suddenly looked offended.

I shook off the thought, staring at the board in front of me as I spoke, too embarrassed to meet the looks of my peers. "My goal as a hero is to be someone that people look to for reassurance, I want to save everyone, no matter what the cost. I hope that one day my quirk can be worthy of this name, and that I will be, too. I've chosen my name after the Roman goddess of Earth, she was known for giving to others and aiding the gods and goddesses for the greater good." With that, I held my board out to the class, silence ensued when I displayed the words written.

The Earth Hero: Terra Mater

"Mother Nature, huh? Sounds pretty badass, if you keep working on your quirk you'll live up to it, I promise." Midnight said, wrapping her hand around the back of my head to press me to her side quickly. I nodded, "Thank you, Midnight."

Everyone began clapping, chanting my hero name the way they did with our other classmates. I looked down, finally reveling in a faded pink of the cheeks as I sat back down.

I was the last student to speak, so Aizawa began going over the internships we would be fulfilling next week. Explaining that certain heroes were scouting us and it was up to our choosing to decide who we would be studying under for seven days. A list was revealed in the front of the classroom, showing a list of the highest to lowest offers. Todoroki, Bakugo, and I were at the top of the list, I had pulled in 3,584 offers from different hero agencies throughout Japan, while the numbers dropped the lower the list stretched on. I was flattered at the idea that so many people saw potential in having me under their training.

My heartstrings tugged when I saw that Izuku had no offers, why wouldn't anyone want him? Okay, he injures himself, but he's the kindest and most hardworking person I know. I pondered over the idea of giving him half of my offers, was that even allowed?

Once again, I caught sight of the navy blue-haired boy with glasses, he already filled out his form of whose offer he was accepting. That was rather quick, we had until the end of the week to decide. I stood, tapping his shoulder as I read over the sheet of paper.

Pro-Hero Manual. Hosu City. That's where his brother was attacked.

Immediately, I knew. "Yes, Reyna?" He questioned, sending me a blank glance. "I just wanted to see where you were going for your internship, it seems you've already decided, though." I replied, eyes studying his figure.

Of course, I had to be an idiot to miss the way his frame was tense with an undeniable rage, he was barely containing himself with the amount of grief he felt. He only nodded as his irises flitted to another side of the classroom.

"I have to warn you, Iida. No good will come from seeking revenge, trust me. But I'm sure you're aware of that and you won't listen to what anyone says." He finally showed emotion at my words, looking like a deer caught in headlights before resilience made its way.

I returned to my seat, glancing over my offers. Endeavor? Best Jeanist? Kamui Woods? It seems I had much to consider in deciding who I'd go with.

-

"Wait for me outside class, Denki. I need to speak with Mr. Aizawa really quick." I pointed to the window while he jutted his lip out childishly.

I pulled at the yellow sleeping bag, "Yes, Reyna?" He sounded bored, and I poked my shoe, gesturing for him to stand. Still, he remained on the ground.

"I'm going to hang out with Kaminari, we're going to go over our lists and do homework."

He lifted his head at that, eyes narrowing as he studied me. "You're growing rather close to particular students, aren't you? Even public displays of affection in class, you should get written up for that."

"Huh?! Izuku just hugged me because we're good friends! B-best friends even! Kaminari and Jirou and Mina and Bakugo are my best friends too! S-so I can have friends and I've never really had friends so I'm just assuming that I'm doing friendly stuff!" My stuttering only returns when I'm too flustered to come up with a proper sentence. Damn you, Aizawa.

He chuckled, "Yeah, yeah go with the Kaminari kid and return home before it gets dark. If he tries anything, he gets detention." I nodded, flashing him a thumbs up as I took off running out of the classroom.

That was so embarrassing. Who knew Aizawa could act like such a dad and bring up dumb stuff like that.

I pulled on Kaminari's backpack, tugging him from the windowsill he was perched on.

"Hey, beautiful." He spoke easily, eyes sparkling in the sun that seeped through the glass.

I paused, cocking my head to the side as I really took in his appearance for the first time since we've met. His straight blond hair fell over his forehead, the little lightning bolt of black hair strands made him look... cool. He had a nicely structured face and was rather tall in comparison to my pathetic height.

A summer breeze. He made it seem like blending into the blinding, brilliant hues of a sunny afternoon was his birthright. 

Denki flashed me a cheesy grin, "You like the view?" He stretched his arms behind his head with that question.

"Yeah, I do." I said simply, looking down the hall and walking away. Wait, was that a compliment? I mean, he's my friend, it's only normal to think highly of your friends.

He led me to a mall, hands moving wildly as he talked on about the importance of movie analysis and why he and I should watch a film and scrutinize it afterwards.

"We can do that next week, if you want." I offered, while he held a door open for me into an arcade. "Wait, Denki, why are we here?"

"Tell me, Florence, what's your favorite animal?"

My response was immediate. "Ducks and cows." He seemed surprised by that as he asked why. I explained briefly that those two animals always looked precious and peaceful, going about their lives in ease. He chuckled at my response as we headed to a claw machine game.

"What are we doing here?" I asked, leaning on it slightly as I studied the stuffed animals inside.

"I happen to be an expert at these sort of games, I'll get you a baby cow but you have to name it after me." He gestured to the most adorable looking stuffed cow, it had a wooden hat atop of its head with a yellow bow tied around it.

"You don't have to do that, Denki." He waved off my protests as he inserted coins and began playing. After thirty seconds of him calculating the perfect position for the claw and me egging him on, the stuffed cow was successfully entrapped.

He was praising himself, boasting about how he only did it because of my encouragement, while handing me the gift. I stared at the cow's brown eyes, feeling my face shift to a frown.

This was the first time I've ever received a gift from a friend. A different wave of contentment flooded through me. I never thought that I would've lived long enough to see the day that someone tried so hard to win me a gift because I would like it. Do not cry over a stuffed cow. I sighed, shutting my eyes.

I was never good at initiating affection towards anyone, when people hugged me, I responded awkwardly as my brain fried on trying to figure out what to do. I would give small touches here and there, hoping that my friends or Shota or my family would realize that I did care for them deeply.

Do not screw this up, Florence.

"What's wrong? You don't like the cow?" Kaminari questioned, eyebrows wrinkling in panic.

I opened my arms, leaning towards him. Quickly, I moved them forward as my arms met again around his back. I closed the space between us, resting my head near his heart.

As if it was second nature, his arms wrapped around my shoulders as one hand stroked my hair. He pressed his cheek against the top of my head, whispering, "If I knew you liked cows this much, I would've gotten you a real one a long time ago." I giggled, saying, "Thank you, Denki. I'll make sure to take good care of Kami."

"That's his name?"

"Didn't you tell me to name him after you?"

We eventually left the arcade, choosing a pizza place that had a theme of past decades. He ordered, and I shoved my yen before he could, remembering how I had promised to return the gesture back at the cafe.

When we sat at our own booth, he pushed me lightly, sitting besides me. "Aren't people normally supposed to sit across from each other when they eat?" I asked, poking his ribs. "Yeah, but I'm not normal so I'm the exception." I only shrugged, pulling out the papers that had the list of my hero agencies. He did the same, and as we ate pizza, we began discussing over who we should choose.

Eventually, the topic strayed from our internships to random subjects, neither of us feeling dull as he demanded a proper explanation on whether any moon landing has been real or staged. His theologies nagged at my cerebrum as I took in his ideas and tried properly explaining that I wasn't the government so I wouldn't know. The sun was beginning to show the familiar traces of its soon setting, so I pressed for Denki to come to some conclusion about who he wants to intern with.

"I think I'm going to go with Kamui Woods." He seemed pretty stable with his decision, jotting it down in the acceptance form.

I nodded, before scanning down the two agencies I had listed. Endeavor's agency and Manual's agency.

"Wow, if you intern under Endeavor, I'm sure you'll learn a lot since he's number two. Why do you have Manual's written down?" He asked, one arm over my opposite, as he pointed at the pro-hero's name.

"Iida." My face dropped at his name, I still worried over the fact that he had some sort of plan in his sleeve, the worst of it was that he was intending to confront the "vigilante" who attacked his brother: Hero Killer Stain.

"Why are you choosing an agency for him?" His tone wasn't angry or hostile, just inquisitive as he sipped on his soda, tracing his fingertips over my wrist.

"I'm trying to be there for him because of what he's going through with his brother. He chose Manual, so I'm considering it, too." I placed a hand over his, looking at him to give a soft smile of reassurance, "I still don't know where to go, though. I also want to focus on building myself up, ugh, what should I do?" I groaned, tugging at the loose strands of hair that came from my braid.

He removed his hand from under my palm, raising his arm to wrap it around my shoulders as he rubbed my arm comfortingly.

"You're a smart girl, I'm sure you'll figure it out. If you're that stuck just come with me!" He gave me another one of his goofy grins and I laughed. "Kamui Woods is actually a good option, but I feel like we're too similar, I want someone that'll challenge me to find new breakthroughs and all that heroic stuff."

He agreed, grabbing the remnants of our meal and throwing it away in the nearest trash can.

"Follow your gut, Florence. I'm sure you'll choose what's best for you." I admired that about Denki. He was always playful and teasing, he loved making his friends smile but he was always attentive, knowing exactly what to say to have someone continue their day with a clear head.

I nodded, walking with him as we got ready to leave the restaurant. A photo booth caught his eye as he began clapping his hands wildly, "We are going to take pictures to remember this day!" "Denki, wai-"

We were inside the cramped space, both of us trying to figure out how to click the timer setting because he insisted the pictures needed to be well-planned. Our first pose was us looking serious, both of our lips pressed tight as we stood stiffly, he said it was for contradictory purposes for the next photo. The second pose was both of us shaking in laughter, the first picture taken had set off our ridiculous sense of humor as we refused to contain the guffawing. The third pose was us composing ourselves and flashing goofy stances; he and I stuck out our tongues as we pulled on each other's cheek. The final picture taken was him pulling me close, the lateral side of our faces pressed together as he screamed, "Smile really big if you think I'm hot!" The sentence was so ridiculous that I grinned, cheeks becoming more prominent with my smile.

We had reached his house on the path home before mine, so we lingered on his front lawn, both of us observing the pink and purple clouds floating in sky because of the sunset.

"You're the girl friend I didn't know I needed," Denki admitted with a soft trace of a smile, eyes showing seriousness.

I tapped my fist with his, "I suppose you could say you're the peanut butter to my bread."

"Why not peanut butter and jelly, Florence?"

"Where's the fun in that?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 593 19
"𝚆𝚑𝚢, 𝚂𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚛. 𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝." - (Y/n) (L/n) was not supposed to be the Black Cat. She was sup...
149K 5K 26
Pro Hero from America takes a position at UA, taking former classmate and long time friend Shota Aizawa by surprise.
688K 33.9K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
14.7K 561 10
Y/n and her four Friends are street children and live illegally in a lost house, which is full of holes and slowly breaks. They need to repair it but...