Fox (mxm) (Rever series 1)

By TheoryKierei

Fox has lived most of his life as his namesake, and sees no reason to stop doing so. He doesn't mind hunting... More

Fox
Fox 2
Fox 3
Fox 4
Fox 5
Fox 6
Fox 7
Fox 8
Fox 9
Fox 10
Fox 11
Fox 12
Fox 13
Fox 14
Fox 15
Fox 16
Fox 17
Fox 18
Fox 19
Fox 20
Fox 21
Fox 22
Fox 23
Fox 24
Fox 25
Fox 27
Fox 28
Fox 29
Fox 30
Fox: 31
Fox 32
Fox 33
Fox 34
Fox 35
Fox 36
Fox 37
Fox 38
Fox 39
Fox 40
Fox 41
Fox 42
Fox 43 Epilogue

Fox 26

18.9K 1.3K 240
By TheoryKierei

He couldn't lie, he was actually a little excited, yet nervous, to see Amos again when Owen's class finished. He'd shifted back to his fox form before the end of it, and once outside ran ahead a little toward the direction of their car, then looked back at Owen. When the man nodded, he hurried off, intent on finding a place to leave a number two before they headed home. 

He might have been decent in the two classrooms, but that didn't mean that he wanted to go into a public bathroom. 

I'd rather crap on a stick. 

Deciding to be a nice fox for once, he walked into a small forested area and sniffed around instead of just squatting somewhere a person might step in it. His nose got busy sifting through the scents of the residents in the area once he found a spot he thought looked good enough. 

Mice, rats, and a rabbit. Delicious. 

He was just about to go poop when his ears perked up at the sound of footsteps in the dry leaves. Turning toward the sound, he twitched his nose and sniffed, but couldn't pick up anything in particular. 

Even though he wasn't seeing or hearing anything else, alarm bells were already ringing in the back of his mind as he began to back away from the area, intent on returning to the parking lot to meet up with Owen and Amos. He could hold it until they got home. 

When he was free of the plants that had been blocking his view of the street Fox turned and bolted. It would be a bit of a run, but soon he was able to see Amos and Owen waiting for him by the car. 

Thank god. 

He was just beginning to slow down, his nerves calming as his paws ate up the distance between himself and his two companions, when he heard a car behind him. Normally, that wasn't much of an issue, but he didn't need to look behind himself to know that it was going much faster than it should have been in the parking lot. 

It was obvious that he should have just banked to the side, but his animal's mind panicked and just ran as fast it could with its ears pinned and tail swinging. He wasn't going to be able to get to his friends before the car got to him, but right as his vision was blurring with adrenaline and fear, he heard an odd crashing-cracking sound, then the sound of the car skidding. The noise finally drew Fox to a hesitant stop. 

He turned just in time to watch it run right into one of those long pieces of concrete normally used for parking markers, making the car's front jump up into the air, nearly flipping the vehicle in the process. 

Well, that's cool. Have a good day, sir. 

He didn't wait around to see the rest of the damage. Fox booked his backside toward his friends, jumping into Amos' arms the second he got close enough. Him and Owen hopped into the car without a glance back at the stalled vehicle. 

Once they were heading out of the parking lot, Fox glanced over Amos' should. He couldn't see the driver of the damaged car, but there was a huge spider-web of cracks on the left side windshield, as if something had gone through it. 

A strong yet shaky hand stroked his back, drawing him down to sit in Amos' lap. He didn't mind the attention... and honestly, kind of wanted it. He was shaky, himself, and it definitely calmed his nerves a bit to have the repetitive motion against his fur. 

"I didn't know your brother was after you in such a way," Owen said quietly. 

Wait, it was my brother? 

His shivering got worse with the new information. Amos looked toward Owen as he began to talk, but at the same time he carefully tucked Fox into his jacket, then wrapped it tightly around him with just his nose and muzzle free. It was a bit uncomfortably constricting, but after a few moments he actually decided to tuck his nose in, too, allowing the man's warmth and light cigarette scent to calm him. 

"Glad I grabbed that broken chunk of cement and threw it," Amos said. 

Owen chuckled, but it didn't sound very humorous. 

"Glad you're arm is still strong, delinquent," he teased, drawing a laugh from Amos that had his chest moving against Fox's cheek. 

"I really was a good one, wasn't I? Can't tell you how many windows I'd broken as a kid." 

The familiar bump of a driveway entrance drew Fox's attention upward, but when he poked his head out of Amos' coat, they were definitely not at home. After a quick glance around, he realized that the bump had likely been a speed one. 

A moment later and the car pulled forward, then Owen rolled down his window. The second a metallic voice sounded loudly right outside he jerked his head back down and growled. Amos' chest moved against him again with a laugh, but he didn't care. Whoever was there was super loud and he wanted nothing to do with them!

It's alright, Little Noodle, we're just at a drive-thru. 

Fox flicked his left ear at the nickname. Noah or Henry had probably mentioned it... likely Henry. 

Owen ordered what sounded like half the menu, then pulled the car forward. Even though he'd seen humans using drive-thrus before and had been in the car when his parents had done so years ago, he still wasn't comfortable enough to bother sticking his head out of Amos' jacket to check out the situation. He'd let them deal with it. 

When he heard Owen get their meals and toss the bags in the back, then begin pulling away from the area as his window rolled up, Fox poked his head out of Amos' jacket, his nose flaring at the delicious smells coming from the bags. 

"Looks like someone is finally more comfortable," Amos said with humor in his words. 

Me and that fried chicken are about to get very comfortable together. 

Fox hurried to clamber over Amos' shoulder, but right before he could dive into one of the large paper bags, his back end was caught and he was pulled back into the man's lap. 

He did his best to scowl up at him, but Amos just smirked and shook his head. 

"Patience, my fluffy friend. Owen is a bit neurotic about people eating in his car."

But I swear I'll lick up every last crumb. 

"And I'd be more than happy to lick off any extra you don't get off of you in your human form, but alas, we both must wait for our dreams to be fulfilled," he said right before Owen smacked the back of his head. 

Fox lifted an eyebrow at the hit, but Amos just seemed to shrug it off as he looked over at Owen and winked. 

"Harder, sweetie."

Owen sighed, shaking his head as they finally pulled into a driveway... but it wasn't Amos'?

Fox put his front paws up on the dashboard and looked at the building in front of them. 

Wait. Is this an apartment? It doesn't look quite like the ones I've hunted around before. 

"It's been a long time since you let me come to your townhouse, Owe," Amos said as he unbuckled his seat-belt and got out of the car. 

Fox hopped out before the man could grab him and hurried to the sidewalk, not wanting to burn his paws on the hot asphalt. He waited there for Owen to grab the food, then followed them both up to a clean, well-maintained entryway. 

Amos nonchalantly shoved his hand into Owen's pocket and fished out his keys, then got the door unlocked and held it open for them. 

The place was spotless, a few houseplants in discrete places giving it a warm feeling. 

And speaking of warm feeling...

Fox quickly sniffed out the bathroom and, after managing to shift, gratefully relieved himself. Once done, he impatiently washed his hands, then hurried to find Owen's bag in order to put on some clothing. 

He doesn't like me walking around naked. 

He found the outfit he'd been given earlier and tugged on the boxers, but hesitated when he smelled fried chicken approaching. 

The smell turned him around immediately, the rest of the clothing easily forgotten. 

"He just doesn't like other people seeing your bits. Don't worry, he definitely doesn't mind getting himself an eyeful," Amos said as he reached forward, offering a drumstick that Fox eagerly took a big bite out of. 

He had it chewed and swallowed in seconds and was unashamedly following Amos around like a puppy to try and earn another nibble. 

"Stop teasing him, Amo. Fox, you have your own whole meal," Owen said as he gestured him over. "And stop walking around with that or I'm going to make you vacuum the carpet." 

Giving out an overly-dramatic sigh, Amos dropped down into a chair at a small dinner table and started honestly digging into his food. 

Fox watched for only a second before his attention turned to the container Owen was taking out of one of the large paper bags. 

"Here. Go sit and eat."

No need to tell me twice. 

He hurried to the table and tore the lid off of the container as soon as his backside was in the chair. Ignoring Amos's snickers, he eagerly dug in. It was mashed potatoes, gravy, fried chicken, and some vegetable or another. He never really cared for them, but he was also never picky. 

Eat what you're offered. Might not get anything next time or might not be able to catch it. 

He felt eyes on him as he nearly got lost in his thoughts, drawing his eyes up to Amos'. 

"You know that you're never going to go hungry again, right?" 

Fox's hand paused with a forkful of mashed potatoes halfway to his mouth. He wasn't sure how to process the man's words. Of course, he always appreciated being fed. He knew that it wasn't easy to work in order to make money to buy food. But Amos' words seemed to hold another meaning he couldn't figure out. 

"Don't overthink it," Owen said as he gently used a hand to brush Fox's bangs out of his eyes, though they just fell right back against his forehead when the man's hand moved and he dropped down into the seat beside him to start eating his own meal. 

Looking back down at his food, Fox waited another moment before returning to eating. He decimated a large chicken wing, then a thigh before he felt a hand softly patting his head. Without really thinking about it, he turned his head and leaned up, then swiped his tongue the slightest bit against Owen's palm. 

"Okay, let's not unleash that beast," Amos said loud enough to draw their attention to him. 

To his surprise, the guy was looking at Owen instead of him, though. After a few seconds he turned his gaze to Fox. 

"You made a certain fox very happy." 

Fox blinked in surprise, then quickly looked at Owen. The man was focusing very intently on his meal, giving no indication of any extra approval. 

"Don't worry, his fox was beaming through his eyes at that submissive lick. It was kinda sickening," Amos said, earning a scowl from Owen that just got a stuck out tongue in response. 

There was silence for a while as everyone finished off their food, then Amos leaned back in his chair with a content sigh. 

"That hit the spot, but I suppose we finally need to address the Fox in the room now." 

Fox tilted his head at his words, not understanding the joke. 

"What do you know about how people should react around other people, Fox?" he asked, making Fox purse his lips in thought. 

"Don't bite other people." 

Amos glanced at Owen, then back to him. 

"Well, that depends on the situation. I wouldn't mind a good b—but let's not talk about that right now. Basics. That's what we're going to go over right now," Amos said after another glance toward Owen, drawing Fox's attention to him. 

The man was shaking his head as he got up and walked over to the garbage can and got rid of his trash, then headed over to the couch. Fox immediately followed, but instead of sitting beside him, he sat next to his legs on the floor and leaned his head against Owen's thigh. The feeling of fingers slowly moving through his hair was the perfect reward. 

"What else would you consider inappropriate to do with someone else without asking?" Owen asked as he gently scratched behind Fox's ear, drawing his head back slowly with a content grumbling hum. 

"Kissing and sex." 

Amos dropped down into the seat beside Owen and leaned back with a yawn. 

"He's got that down, at least," he said once he'd managed to close his mouth. 

Owen nodded, then patted his leg. 

Fox perked up immediately, opening his closed eyes to glance up at Owen, wanting conformation for the invitation. When the man nodded, Fox made himself slowly climb up into his lap. Of course, he wanted to jump up and lick his chin for an hour, but he knew that Owen wouldn't appreciate that kind of obsessive attention. 

I wouldn't mind it, though. By all means, lick me. 

Fox stared at Amos for a long moment, then abruptly leaned forward, placing one hand on the man's hard thigh as he licked the left side of his face. The action seemed to have stunned the guy, because he just sat there, staring at him silently as Fox settled back into Owen's lap. 

"That's what you get for teasing him." 

That statement seemed to break Amos out of his shock. 

"Wait, you can hear us?" 

Fox looked up at Owen with excitement, but the man had a pretty solid poker face. When he shook his head Fox let his ears droop down to either side. He got a few pets from Owen as the man replied verbally. 

"No, but I know you. I bet you were telling him that he could lick you all he wanted and he just did that to shut you up." 

A faint tint of pink settled on Amos' cheeks before he glanced away, then looked back at Owen and leaned toward him. Fox watched the man put one hand on Owen's left cheek, then press a kiss to his forehead. 

"You know me so well." 

"And you're making this hard to explain since I didn't give you permission to kiss me," Owen said quietly, though it was obvious the attention had had at least a slight affect on him. 

Amos smirked down at Fox and winked before leaning back. 

"And that's a good example of what not to do." 

Sighing, Owen started going over certain situations that he might come into contact with while coming with them to classes. People would definitely try to take his hand or maybe hug him, and he couldn't just bite them in response if he didn't like it. 

"You're going to have to build your vocabulary, too, but the simplest word to get someone to stop is usually always no." 

Amos leaned a little closer, his expression serious as he added to Owen's words; "If anyone ever tries to take you somewhere after you've already said no, then yell like hell. Heck, if they are being persistent, bite their asses and try to reach me through our new bond." 

Owen sent him a glare, but Amos just raised an eyebrow. 

"Okay, if someone is really trying to drag you away or harm you, definitely do whatever you can to deal with that safely, but no will generally fix most uncomfortable situations." 

Fox nodded, listening intently as Owen continued to go into similar topics. It wore him out after a while, but he definitely felt like he was learning decently well. He even managed to reply to them verbally many times, and in full sentences, sometimes. 

"I think he's about to fall asleep on us, Owe."

Fox shook the cloudiness from his mind, but he felt his head begin to bob moments later. 

"Go ahead and take a nap, Fox. We both have homework to do," Owen said, sending Amos a stare that had the guy groaning. 

"Can I just uh, teach him what making out is? You know, so that if someone else tries to do it, he'll know to bite them right away." 

The look Owen gave him had the guy quickly getting off the couch to grab their backpacks. 

Fox took that as his signal to go curl up somewhere else. He was just slipping off of Owen's lap when the guy wrapped an arm around his waist and tugged him back against his chest. 

"You can sleep here, if you'd like." 

Fox didn't hesitate to nod several times, then eagerly curl up against the man. He was worried that he might not be able to do his work with him there, but Owen proved to be a master at working on his laptop with just one hand. The device was settled on the armrest, leaving plenty of room for Fox to be comfortable. 

He was out a short time later, snoring quietly as the warmth of Owen's body and the clicking of keys on the laptops put him to sleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 188 62
with hunter starting at a new school, he quickly settles in with a nice friend group and feels pretty comfortable. but when he starts experiencing un...
2K 139 20
Pluem loved his parents. They were all a child could ever ask for. One word from him and his Dad would be ready to die and his Papa, well he already...
145K 3.4K 12
And when nobody wakes you up in the morning, and when nobody waits for you at night, and you can do whatever you want. What do you call it? Freedom o...
10.8K 175 23
A bxb story about a toxic kind of love.