ᴘᴇʀsᴘᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ;; 𝘉𝘖𝘖𝘕𝘋𝘖𝘊...

By EbonixBrat

Drama, love, anguish and worst of all, growing up. All things that Huey and Riley Freeman hoped they could av... More

Heads Up!
• 𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭 •
• 𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 •
• 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐞𝐰 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 •
• 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 •
• 𝐃𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 •
• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐭-𝐒𝐨-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲 •
• 𝐀 𝐌𝐢𝐱 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚 •
• 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 •
• 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 •
• 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 •
• 𝐑𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 •
• 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 •
• 𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 •
• 𝐀𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐈𝐧𝐟𝐨 •
• 𝐋𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 •
• 𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐂𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 •
• 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 (𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐨𝐟) •
• 𝐎𝐟 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 •
• 𝐂𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 •
• 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 •
○ 𝐀𝐑𝐂 𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 ○
• 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 •
• 𝐅𝐮𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐧 •
• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 •
• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 •
• 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐅𝐮𝐧 •
• 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐬 •
• 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞 •
• 𝐈 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 (𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝) •
• 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 •
• 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐲'𝐬 𝐌𝐲 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞 •
• 𝐒𝐮𝐛𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐬 •
• 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐓𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐬 (1/3) •
• 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐓𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐬 (2/3) •
• 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐓𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐬 (3/3) •
• 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 •
• 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 •
• 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐨𝐞𝐬 •
• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐓𝐲𝐩𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 •
UPDATE
UPDATE 2
• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐄𝐯𝐢𝐥 •
• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 •
• 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐝 •
• 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 •
uh oh spaghetti-os
• 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐚𝐬 •
• 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐚 •
• 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬 •
• 𝐎𝐟𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐩 •
• 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐓𝐰𝐨 •
• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 •
○ 𝐀𝐑𝐂 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 ○
• 𝐒𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧, 𝐒𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧 •
• 𝐍𝐨𝐭-𝐒𝐨 𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐞𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 •
• 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 •
• 𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲, 𝐌𝐲 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲 •
• 𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐦 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐃𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫 •
Update lol
• 𝐀 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐬 •

• 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟𝐟 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐝 •

223 6 44
By EbonixBrat

"𝘐 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘐'𝘮 𝘢 𝘷𝘪𝘳𝘨𝘰, 𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦"
Jadu Jadu - Virgo

~

"I don't see the big deal Jazzy, he isn't even all that cute to be honest"

It was the day after the party that Paris had taken her too, and Jazmine was hanging out at her friend Larissa Daggery's place, she had nothing else to do and decided she needed to tell someone about what went down. Larissa listened like a child would to a fanciful story, making Jazmine wonder if the other girl was even taking it seriously.

"I just... don't get why that girl attacked me! Okay so I texted him, we're literally friends, friends text!"

Larissa hummed "sounds like what an ugly girl would do"

Jazmine huffed in response "well, she wasn't ugly, but... no, I won't go there, that's mean" she said, suddenly stopping herself from saying whatever she was going to say "she was crazy for sure, but not ugly, I'm just mad about it"

"What you are is too nice" Larissa yawned "you said she's shorter than you, if I were you I would have kicked her, giraffe style" she said, demonstrating with a not-so-elegant kick, accidentally sliding off the bed.

Her friend chuckled "yeah, well, you try being pushed down bleacher benches"

"Fair point," Larissa then grabbed a pillow and sighed "but I just don't get why you're still after him, he's not even super cute or anything, and from what you've told me, his personality sucks"

Back when Huey lived in Woodcrest, he certainly wasn't the attention receiver he was now, but there were a few classmates that had little puppy crushes on him, or thought he was cute. Larissa never saw it, he always seemed like a douchebag to her, and she hated how he walked around like he knew everything, so it was amusing to see how clueless he was with girls.

Jazmine then sighed "I... don't know," she soon said "I just... I get it, he'll never be mine but... I dunno how to word it, a part of me doesn't wanna lose hope"

"Girl, this is not Peter Pan, let those dreams go" Larissa said bluntly, flipping her dirty blonde hair "he's making you look obsessed girl, there's plenty of silent black guys out there, you'll find a second Huey in like... 2 days"

"No, he's one of a kind..."

"You're only saying that because you like him, I promise you once you get over your crush you'll realize how lame he is, if he wants some ugly, crazy girl over you that's his business, but all this telling him how you feel shit is getting you nowhere" she then stood up "look, there's this guy called Xavier and he is super cute, totally your type, want me to introduce you?"

"Larissa..." Jazmine laid back in her head "I just don't get it! Why did he never tell me he had a girlfriend? I mean... it just feels weird to know whilst I was texting him and stuff he had a whole girl I didn't know about..."

Larissa closed her eyes and leaned forward, seemingly thinking before saying "my big brain theory is that Huey wants to be a player deep down, but he's got too many morals for it"

Jazmine paused "I... what?"

"Think about it, everything he did was a set up for cheating, I feel like deep down he wanted to deal with the both of you at the same time, but his mind kept telling him it was wrong so he never went through with it, still grimy though"

Jazmine frowned "you really don't know him then"

"Clearly you don't either, since you didn't know he had a girlfriend"

The biracial girl looked away, no, although what he did wasn't great, Huey wasn't that type of guy, Larissa was just speaking off of hearsay and assumptions, Huey was an honest guy, that was just a slip up.

"At the end of the day, I think you need to get over it really," she shrugged "no amount of you trynna tell him the truth is gonna make him like you, if he wants that girl he's gonna keep that girl, but right now you're letting him have more power over you than he should, how are you gonna let a dude that's not even in the state control your feelings and dating life?" She then stretched "you sure you don't wanna meet Xavier? Seriously, he's really cute, waaay cuter than that Huey dude"

Jazmine pointed her head down, taking into account everything Larissa had just told her, before then letting off a defeated sigh "you're right, it's time to move on, he's never gonna like me back and I'm just stressing myself out at this point"

"Exactly! And you know what they say, stress give you wrinkles, and you're too pretty for that"

The other girl giggled, before sighing. Huey was her first love, and she knew it was going to be hard to let go of that, but she had to. She was young, and couldn't waste her adolescence chasing one guy who isn't even going to look back at her.

It made her think of when she first met Huey. It was the day when he and his family had moved to Woodcrest. She remembered seeing the moving vans outside the home, helping them all bring their stuff inside. Jazmine had always been curious about them, so she happily obliged when her father said they should go and introduce themselves.

The meeting was awkward at first, Riley didn't seem interested in her and Huey was incredibly standoffish, but from the moment they first met, Jazmine knew she had to befriend him. He was so quiet and secluded, and she felt like he needed one.

Their friendship was always quite unconventional, often times she would do all the talking and he'd barely even listen, sometimes he would contribute to the conversation, and other times there'd be no conversation at all and they would just walk together. At first, Huey didn't seem phased by her existence, but as time went on, he began to... care. He began listening, remembering, caring.

The feelings began when they were around 13, Jazmine began enjoying his company even more, she began thinking of him whenever he wasn't around, and now his dry compliments actually made her blush, and she would feel all fuzzy whenever he assured her that her hair looked nice or she was a good friend.

This was supposed to be a perfect love story, Huey would eventually fall for her too, they'd get together in the future and it would be a happily ever after.

But then he had to move back to Chicago and meet Valerie, and now the perfect love story was ruined.

It was hurtful, having your first love be so unrequited. Jazmine wanted to hate Valerie (she did attack her after all), but she couldn't. It wasn't her fault Huey fell for her, but Jazmine just hated that it wasn't her.

She was so much prettier now, to the point where guys were chasing her, a part of her wished Huey could have stayed for that, maybe then he would have liked her, but he didn't, he liked Valerie.

And I think I accept that now.

It wasn't gonna go away over night, she would always feel something for Huey, but she had to let go of it now. What's done is done, and like Larissa said, she could always find someone else.

Even if that someone wasn't Huey.

Larissa, noticing her friend's melancholy sat up "girl, let's change the subject since you look so miserable, y'know what you missed yesterday?"

"No...?"

"Jaz, Penny found Jax with Holly!"

"Omg, no way!"

The two teens then went on to discuss whatever drama Larissa was feeding to her friend, hoping it would take Jazmine's mind off of it all.

~

Huey was awoken by the sudden feeling of something wet on his cheek.

It was a rather rapid feeling, and almost instantly he knew who it was "Newton... man, lemme get up"

It was a Sunday, so luckily Huey didn't have to worry about going to school, which would have been quite hectic after that party. When he woke up, he heard something quickly rush on the ground, and looked over to see a panting Newton, who looked more energized than he ever could.

Over the past few months, Newton had grown quite a bit, he was still in his puppy stage, but due to being a Doberman, he was about the size of your average Pug or American Bully, which was large for a puppy. Not only had he grown in size, but his personality had began to show, Newton wasn't just puppy hyper, he was just regular hyper, the type that couldn't bare to be alone from his family for too long. If Huey wasn't there, he'd harass Riley, if Riley wasn't there he'd harass Carrie, and if none of them were there then he'd crawl into a small ball and wait for their return.

Newton was also incredibly affectionate, always wanting cuddles and licking the mess out of his owners. He seemed quite empathetic too, if anyone in the house seemed down or upset, Newton would try to comfort them as best as he could. He was overall just a very sweet dog, and the Freeman's all grew to love him, including Carrie (although she may not show it).

"How you doin' lil' man?" Huey said as he knelt over to pet him, the puppy yipped loudly, before reacting enthusiastically to the head pats. Newton then began running around, egging Huey on to leave the room.

The teen chuckled "don't worry Newton, I'mma feed you soon, just lemme get ready real quick"

Newton however didn't take too kindly to having to wait, and began barking and biting at Huey's pants, in which the boy began gently trying to shake the puppy off, "man... Riley done spoiled yo ass, you gon' wait 'til I'm done, then you gon' eat- nuh uh uh, don't try to hit me wit' them puppy dog eyes, it ain't finna work"

The dog let out a pitiful awoo, clearly trying to appeal to Huey's softer side, however, it clearly wasn't working, as the boy just made his way to the bathroom to brush his teeth and have a shower. Pouting, Newton made his way downstairs, where Carrie was sitting on the couch, since it didn't work with Huey, he then made his way over Carrie and began whimpering for food.

The woman looked down at Newton, "aw, what's the matter baby?"

Newton whined, pointing his head back towards the kitchen. Carrie knew what he wanted, but shook her head "now Newton, you know you can only eat at specific times, you gotta wait thirty minutes, sorry"

The Freeman's had also recently had to put Newton on a bit of a diet because a certain family member (Riley) had spoiled him with treats and food so much that the small dog was slightly overweight, though only by about three pounds. They not only had to cut out his confectionaries (I.E, treats), as well as food intake, but now Newton could only eat at very specific times.

Naturally, although it was for his own good, Newton hated it.

The puppy began to mewl and whine loudly, practically begging Carrie to fill his food bowl, but alas the woman shook her head, telling the small dog he had to wait.

It was then when Riley had walked down the stairs "bye Carrie!-"

"Woah!" Carrie instantly got up "boy it is... 9am! Where the hell is you goin', huh?"

"Date wit' Tima, we catchin' a movie-"

"At 9am?" Carrie said with a suspicious frown "don't most theatres open at 10?"

Riley groaned, making sure to pet Newton when the puppy made his way over to him "Carrie, I really gotta go, c'mon!"

Carrie looked at Riley, although the troublemaker at heart, the boy hadn't actually ever done anything that would make Carrie think he was lying, so she sighed "fine, have fun"

"Bye!"

Riley rushed out of the house so quick that it almost gave Carrie whiplash, the woman then chuckled when she saw Newton whining at the door, had Riley not been in such a rush, the small dog would have certainly tried to beg for food from him, knowing that Riley would have probably given in to his request.

Newton began pacing the living room, making quiet and pitiful noises, Carrie scoffed, he was really acting like he was being starved when he only really had to wait fifteen more minutes before being fed.

Huey eventually walked down the stairs, clearly having just got out of the shower. Newton ran up to him and began standing on his hind legs, yipping and trying to pull Huey into the kitchen.

Huey then snorted "impatient ass, gimme a second, I gotta find the dog food first"

Newton reluctantly let go, the small black Doberman sitting beside his bowl with his tail making tapping noises with the ground with how hard it was wagging. Huey finally found it, and filled up the bowl, smiling as Newton happily ate away.

He then left the kitchen, not feeling up for breakfast that very moment, and went to the living room and sat on the couch. Carrie smiled at him "mornin' Huey! How'd ya sleep?"

"It was aight" he responded, leaning back in the seat and relaxing. Today was probably going to be his lazy day, since he didn't feel like doing anything honestly.

Carrie then raised an eyebrow "is everything okay? Was it that damn party?"

Oh yeah, the party. Huey's brain had honestly tried to supress the previous night, and wasn't too happy with Carrie for bringing it up. However, he refused to talk about his love life with his own aunt, so he simply shrugged "nah, party was meh, just not really feelin' it today"

She gave him a suspicious look but then shrugged it off "if you say so"

Huey looked up at the ceiling, what was he going to do? He wanted to give it time to settle, but he had to talk to Valerie eventually. He remembered what Riley told him last night, even if he didn't want to, it was better for him and their relationship if he just admit defeat and apologize as opposed to insisting on how right he was.

Whether or not he liked it, he had hurt Valerie, something he never wanted to do.

Just as he was thinking, he heard a knock at the door. Assuming it was probably Riley, Huey got up and walked towards it, but instead of seeing his slightly annoying younger brother ready to ask for the spare key, Huey suddenly felt a sudden, painful, loud, stinging slap on the the side of his face.

And of course, after flinching and wailing, he saw that it was none other than Tahiry, looking as furious as he expected her too.

Clearly, she had came there for no other reason than to school him, considering she wore an over sized jean jacket, leggings and some slides, with her hair tied into a messy bun and no makeup on whatsoever.

Before he could even recover from the powerful smack she had given him, Tahiry grabbed him by the hair and stomped into his home, even having the nerve to greet Carrie like everything was cool, before dragging him up into his bedroom.

"Ow, ouch! Let go Ti!"

"Absolutely not, go sit yo ass down!" Tahiry snapped, almost tossing him the strength she used to throw his hair out of her hands.

For someone so petite, she strong as shit...

Huey did as she said, sitting down and looking up at her. Tahiry glared at him, her look being enough to humble him from whatever slick comment he was going to throw at her, something told him that if he said anything wrong again, he was going to feel about seven more of those painful ass slaps.

"So," she began "about last night..."

"Look Ti, I didn't mean for any of that to happen, I just wanted to-"

"Yo dumbass let her almost go into an Uber ALONE at DAMN NEAR MIDNIGHT and didn't even BOTHER to see her off!?"

"I ain't she wanted to see me!"

"YOU AIN'T THINK- nigga I outta slap yo ass again!" She said, quickly preparing her hand again before stopping herself "you're so stupid, like fo' real, you dumb, really dumb"

"I know-"

"Man shut up wit' that" she said, before walking back to lean against the wall "I don't even know what to say to you Huey, I really don't, 'cause I'm sure you already feel stupid as shit, but what you did... I hope she leave yo ass 'cause if that were me I'd have caught a case 'bout that shit"

"I'm sorry..."

"You tellin' me like I need yo apology" Tahiry said with a dry chuckle "you know good and damn well who you should be apologizing to, wit' yo dense ass" she then looked up "I told Val you just don't understand, but you know what I don't understand? How you don't understand, 'cause it's very easy to understand! How many times she gotta explain 'til you get it through yo thick, stupid skull why she's mad!"

"Ti, I-"

"Talmbout she embarrassing when you just sat there whilst two girls tag teamed against your girlfriend like it weren't allat serious, you suck, trash ass boyfriend, y'know what?"

Huey just sat there as Tahiry began to berate him even further, although his pride was being heavily wounded, from the slap to the hair tugging to the insults, deep down he knew he deserved it, and decided it would be better to just sit there and take, last thing he needed to do was make Tahiry even angrier than she already was with him.

However, he would have probably nipped it in the bud earlier, had he known she would have gone on for almost an hour.

~

Valerie didn't want to wake up, but knew she had to.

She got out of bed with a yawn, and slipped out of bed into her bunny slippers. The girl kept her eyes shut for a few seconds before she got up and opened them, slowly adjusting to the light in her room. She looked in the mirror, she had bags under her eyes, understandably so considering the previous night. The girl then turned around to go and get ready for the day.

Once she left her room, she could immediately smell the scent of bacon, knowing instantly her father. Her adoptive dad, Pierre Thompson, was always obsessed with making breakfast when her mom, Lorena, wasn't home. However, the only thing he could make was bacon and toast, but it wasn't bad so Valerie never complained.

Valerie was adopted when she was about seven years old by the Thompsons back when she lived in Harlem, New York, and moved to Chicago two years prior due to Pierre getting a job there.

Despite this, Valerie still saw them as mom and dad, her being adopted not changing that. She cleaned herself up, deciding she'd dress out of her sleepwear later on, and went down to the kitchen to greet her dad.

"Valerie! Good morning! Y'know, I had to feed Orchard since you wanted to be knocked out in bed"

She looked at the older white man and laughed "sorry dad, last night had me feeling exhausted" the then knelt down and stroked Orchard's head once the small puppy was done eating "how's your morning been?"

"As good as it can be, but you never told me about that party you went to, was it fun?"

No, it sucked and I wish I never went.

She couldn't tell her dad that, the last thing she wanted was for him to feel overly protective of her, and in all honesty she sort of wanted to either forget it or not think about it for as long as possible "it was cool, not the greatest, but I'm not really a party person so it's cool"

"Well, as long as it wasn't terrible" Pierre said with a smile, placing a plate of bacon and toast in front of her "glad you got to socialize a bit more, at least you didn't come home drunk or high"

Valerie giggled "stop it dad, you know I'd never do that"

"Please, I said the same thing when I was your age, then I met my first girlfriend" he laughed "but that's a story for a whole 'nother day"

"A story you've told me a bazillion times or so now"

Pierre pointed a fork at her, with a faux "oh shut up, I miss when you were shy and quiet"

The girl laughed, before winking "love ya too dad"

When Valerie ate, she decided she would spend the day chilling at home, she needed to take her mind off of Huey and Paris and Jazmine and everything that was going on, so a nap day was certainly in order.

She then thought of Huey, how was he doing? Valerie frowned, he was probably feeling nothing, he probably woke up like it was no different from any other day, barely acknowledging what had happened the night before. He was always apathetic like that, so she shouldn't really be surprised.

She then thought of what she said, had she meant it? Well, sort of. She didn't want to break up with Huey, truly she didn't, but she now felt like she was a stand in for someone else, and she couldn't go a whole relationship paranoid about whether or not his mind was on another girl.

Valerie wanted to be hopeful though. They had talked it out before so surely they could talk it out again, right? Maybe after a few days, they could sit down and talk it through, and leave the conversation tight as glue, that's all she wanted, to be happy with him.

She had faith in Huey, he'd get it soon enough, hopefully.

~

Hm, wonder where Riley went

Anywho, aaaye-

So after two weeks I returned, sorry for disappearing, exams been beatin my ass rn

But im (kinda) back! Take this rushed chapter as an apology uw

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.3K 497 16
"Once a upon time,someone noticed there wasn't many boondocks scenario books or books of boondocks.Then,they got an idea and decided to make one and...
5K 107 20
A story about the Three Kings Of New York City. Huey, Riley and, Caesar.
87.4K 1.6K 70
This is a Huey x Reader story and this is my first book. I will upload everyday and do any requests that any reader wants and I hope you like my stor...