◇°•》 Đeath ₩idow 《•°◇

By s_jaye

《《《《 JASON TODD X OC》》》》 《《《 a jason todd fanfiction 》》》 《 JASON TODD X LA... More

» 𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗛 𝗪𝗜𝗗𝗢𝗪 «
《 𝘾𝘼𝙎𝙏 》
𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗧 // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘖𝘯𝘦
𝗔𝗥𝗖𝗔𝗡𝗘 // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗦𝗢𝗭𝗨𝗞𝗢 // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦
TACENDA // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 Four
PARAMNESIA // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 Five
RAME // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 Six
DECREPIT // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 Seven
ORPHIC // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 Eight
ATRAMENT // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 Nine
《 𝙀𝙋𝙄𝙂𝙍𝘼𝙋𝙃 》
《 𝘿𝙀𝘼𝙏𝙃 》
𝗜𝗡𝗦𝗜𝗣𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘 // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘖𝘯𝘦
𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗜𝗖 // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝗗𝗬𝗦𝗧𝗬𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗣𝗛𝗢𝗕𝗜𝗔 // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦
𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗩𝗔𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗘 // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳
𝗨𝗛𝗞𝗔𝗔𝗩𝗔 // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦
𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗣𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗖𝗜𝗢𝗨𝗦 // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘪𝘹
𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗢𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗣𝗦𝗜𝗦 // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯
𝙈𝙄𝙕𝙋𝘼𝙃 // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
𝙈𝙐𝙇𝙇𝙄𝙂𝙍𝙐𝘽𝙎 // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦
𝘾𝙍𝙔𝙋𝙏𝘼𝘿𝙄𝘼 // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘦𝘯
𝙌𝙐𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙑𝙊𝙄𝙎 // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘌𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

BODHI // 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 Ten

2.8K 93 3
By s_jaye

》Đ.₩.《

》D.W.《

Everywhere he stepped, darkness, death, and destruction followed. Arella was now dead on the lawn, as the world burned to ash with every step he took.

Rachel, Dick, and Larke stood inside, while everyone else was on the porch, watching the destruction.

Well, Gar was inside as well. He just wasn't human.

He was a snake, slithering towards Rachel, and as he got close enough, he transformed back into a human, grabbing a blanket to cover his lower half. Rachel didn't notice.

Not until he grabbed her hand, reminding her of all the time they spent together, of all the laughs, the jokes, and the fun they had.

And just as quickly as she wasn't there, Rachel came back to him.

"You came back to me," Gar says, face bloody and puffy. Rachel nods, suddenly looking back to her surroundings. Larke and Dick stood inside, eyes black, still under Trigon's control.

"I have to get them back, because you got me back. If you did it, I can. I need to stop my father, but I need to get Dick and Larke out first," Rachel explains softly, verbally making up a plan for herself.

Gar doesn't like the idea, but Rachel does it anyway. She's damn stubborn that way.

And then, she gets Dick's attention, and forces herself into his mind. And, like moments before, she uses her stubbornness to reach out to him, to force him to come to her, to come to the light.

And then Dick - the real Dick - and Rachel stand near one another, in the house.

"Welcome back," she tells him, smiling.

"What happened?" Gar enters the room, pulling his shirt on.

"I got through to him," Rachel tells him, looking back at Gar. Dick's attention turns to Larke, who still stands where she is, frozen in place, the darkness comsuming her.

Rachel takes a breath, walking over to her. Both boys watch her, as she takes Larke's hand, opening her mind and diving into Larke's.

Larke stood above the singular body that was thin and frail, smothered in blood, lacerations, bruises, fatal wounds -- and a sword sticking out her chest.

It was Lady Widow, dead on the floor, with Larke standing above her, just taking in the sight of the woman who motherfucked Larke thirteen ways to hell, finally dead on the floor after all these years.

"Larke," Rachel's voice is new to her, as she turns, facing the girl. Larke is in her League attire, secretly stashing weapons galore.

"Larke it's me,"

"What, you've come to save me?" Rachel is surprised at Larke's sarcasm, because she rarely says things that aren't necessary.

"Yes, I have."

"Do I look like I need saving?"

"Yes, you do. Whatever you've done to this woman," Rachel pauses, digging deeper into Larke's mind, "whatever you've done to Aloisia -"

And it's like a bomb went off in Larke at Lady Widow's name.

Larke now has a vice grip on Rachel's neck, choking the life out of her before she could even get the name out. Rachel gasps once, trying to consume air for her lungs, but gently places a hand on Larke's.

And then, the girls are standing in Larke's childhood home, Larke behind the kitchen counter, Rachel is by the table holding Larke's mother, Ashley, by her shoulders.

"Larke, you can fight this." Rachel's voice is soft as she looks up to her. "Because now, when I let go of her, and she hits the floor, she'll be dead forever. Her spirit, soul, and heart will leave you forever. And I know, I know, that's not what you want. And, so, if I drop her and she dies, then her love for you leaves too. The same goes for your father, and me."

Larke doesn't move, nor does she really react to what Rachel is saying. Not at first, anyways. This is only because she doesn't believe the girl.

"Larke, I know you don't want to be the villian," It's her last resort, it's the purple haired girl's last resort. Larke doesn't see Rachel -- she sees the purple haired girl.

And so the girls stand like that, just staring at one another for a moment, each looking for some sort of reaction of weakness, some way out of this situation besides what's been given.

But nothing comes -- Larke realizes this the second after Rachel releases Ashley.

Larke inhales sharply, feeling the seconds tick away, as she watches her mother in slow motion. Her muscles won't move, her heartbeat fastens.

"Wait!"

But Larke's too late.

Ashley falls the the floor, face first, her knees catching her.

Rachel blinks, grimacing as she sees the mother on the ground.

She blinks again, and realizes that there's another body, right below Ashley's. Her lips part slightly, as she sees Larke cradeling her mother. Her dead mother, as Larke's head is dropped down, her hair covering her face.

Larke made it.

Rachel stares at the sight, with Larke's arms around Ashley's torso and head, the girls eyes full of rapidly-filling hope. She almost gasps, as Larke slowly lifts her head. Then, she pushes the hair out of her face, exposing her face.

Larke's eyes meet Rachel's, and-

Both girls open their eyes. Rachel lets go of Larke's hand, a smile plastered over her face. The ex-assassin's eyes dart around the room, suddenly in the same house she was, just seemingly before she was being beaten.

Her eyebrows dip slightly, as she spots Gar and Dick looking at her. She brings her attention back to Rachel.

"Um, thanks," Larke breaths out slowly, thoughtfully.

"Of course," Rachel responds, then her bright face morphing into one of solemnity.

Larke wants to say more, but decides against it, hearing the quietness. Realizing that Trigon and the rest of the Titans aren't with them. Turning and looking outside the window, she spots them. She inhales sharply, turning back to Rachel.

"What are we going to do?" Larke asks. It's the first time, she recognizes, that she's asking the people she trusts what to do -- this statement just below the question of asking for help, and she knows this. And, oddly, she's proud of it. Proud of herself for it.

As she should be.

But all is not done and well, not even close. And so Larke let's Rachel take the lead.

"I have to have a one on one conversation with my father," Rachel says, as they slowly all file out, with Gar, Dick, and Larke standing out on the grass, while Rachel speaks with her father.

Larke knows Rachel's going to fight him, and she's got all the faith she has in her.

The scene unfolds, bringing an energywave of light from Rachel, then releasing Jason, Kory, Donna, Hank, and Dawn from Trigon.

Speaking of Trigon -- he's just become dust in another dimension.

And then Larke just runs forward, not caring about how many broken bones she has, or how much pain she's in or not-- she just runs.

To Rachel, who embraces Larke lovingly.

"Your alright?" Larke asks as they let go of one another. Dick comes up behind, giving Rachel a hug.

"Yeah, I think so. You two?"

"I am now," Larke gives a smile, then being joined by the rest of the party in the field.

Everyone hugs Rachel, asks if she's okay, and she responds, the attention on her. Accept for Jason's, which is on Larke.

He recognizes her, as he stares. Larke knows he's staring at her.

"You know, it's not polite to stare," she says, turning to a startled Jason. He didn't think she noticed, but regains his composure quickly.

"Actually, I think it is, especially when I'm looking at such a pretty lady," he gives a trademark smirk to Larke, thinking he'll make her blush. But she doesn't, as she just tilts her head.

"I think we're going to have to reinstate your claim on what is 'pretty', because my nose is broken and bloody, and I haven't showered in a long time," Larke explains quickly. "But thank you, I appreciate the comment."

And with that, Larke walks away to go back to Rachel, leaving a slightly confused Jason standing there.

But then the cameras show up, and Jason gets an idea.

Larke and Hank both spot him as he walks away from the group, after all the news reporters, paramedics, police officers, and fire department fighters show up. Hank and the girl share a glance, and they both stalk over to him.

"Titans are back bitches!!!" Jason yells, Hank and Larke suddenly shoving him out of the cameras way.

"You're kind of an asshole, aren't you kid?" Hank asks as Larke shoves Jason along as they walk, preferably away from the news reporters and cameras.

"He is," she blurts it out randomly, not regretting it. Jason raises his eyebrows as both guys look to her, Hank just shaking his head and walking away.

"Yeah but you like me, admit it!"

Larke heads towards the cars. "Never going to happen!" She calls back, feeling more herself than ever.

Jason just tilts his head and smirks, knowing his new mission clear as day in his head. He was going to get Larke to like him, no matter what.

And so Jason joined them by the car, as the group closed in.

"Gotta give it to you Rach, you really do know how to throw a party," Dawn says, swinging her feet off the edge of the truck.

"Yeah, do it again. I really love beating Dick's ass," Jason intrudes, Larke immediately rolling her eyes.

"Keep dreaming Birdboy," Dick pats Jason's chest as he walks by, getting a small chuckle out of Larke.

Birdboy... I like that name.

She didn't know why she felt the way she did, or why her reactions felt so normal, and why they were so instantaneous, but she liked it.

Not being under someone's thumb, following their every command felt good, to say the least. Like a fresh start.

Maybe she was wrong -- maybe Lady Widow wouldn't come after her like she thought. Maybe she was safe from her.

Maybe.

"Maybe give us a heads up next time so I can do my own eye makeup," Donna adds, giving a look to Rachel. "Your Dad wasn't much for subtlety."

"Really? I kinda liked it, it was really gothic," Kory says, her voice light.

"Uh, I didn't," Gar raises a finger, then looks to Larke, "and I'm guessing she didn't either."

Larke shrugs her shoulders slightly, giving a half smile to Hank, who speaks next.

"Hey you two, I'm sorry,"

"It's fine," Larke's response is quick, while Gar's is more heartfelt.

"I know it wasn't really you guys," Gar steps out of the car, "and Dick was kinda funny. In a weird psycho way."

"You do realize I'm listening?" Dick calls from the front of the car, raising his eyebrows.

"Yep, we do," Larke joins, giving him a sad, pitiful look. Dick rolls his eyes, sighing. Larke laughs, looking back to the group, who have now decided its time to leave.

Giving hugs and farewells, Larke is hesitant at the thought of hugging someone -- just her assassin instincts kicking in, but she forces herself to anyway.

Giving Dawn a light hug, she smiles, allowing herself to melt into the light aura around her. She lets go, then giving Hank a hand shake instead of a hug. She assumed he didn't do hugs, anyways.

Then, walking over to the car, Jason spoke again to her, tapping her shoulder.

"Do I get a hug? From Lark, with an 'e'?" His tone was cocky, his head tilted, and she rolled her eyes once more, even though she was extremely surprised that he remembered that her name used an 'e'.

Funny, he remembers.

"No, Jason, you don't, because were all getting in the same car."

As soon as she said it, Gar and Rachel ran off, shouting for shotgun. Jason sighed, opening the trunk with a smirk. She looked back one more time, giving Kory a firm smile. Kory waved back, smiling.

"Come on Larke," Rachel called, and Larke turned, sighing, as she reluctantly climbed into the back of the truck, sitting next to Jason.

"Ah, we meet again, Larke-with-an-e,"

"Really? I just spoke to you, Jason."

"Ooh, aren't you the funny one. I like that." Jason cooed, something dawning on Larke.

She was an ex-assassin. She could kill him with her pinkey, which meant she could take a little flirting. So why not, instead of ignoring the flirting, respond with flirting. Or something so wild that it would make him so uncomfortable that he would leave her alone.

And that was her mission now, to make Jason so uncomfortable that he would leave her alone.

"I'm sure you do, Birdboy."

And with that, she crawled over the seat elegantly, sitting in the seat next to Gar, leaving Jason nodding his head. He realized he had competition now, with Larke.

If she wanted to play it that way, then so be it.

Besides, he thought, can't be that hard when she's a babe. I'll have her in no time.

And then the car ride is filled with jokes, sleep, and people deliberately annoying one another - specifically Jason and Larke - until they reach a bridge in San Francisco.

"It's not a penthouse persay, more like a temporary home," Jason begins, grabbing everyone's attention. Rachel sighs.

"Whatever. Dick where are we going?"

"I thought it was obvious, this bridge has been in a ton of movies,"

"Where exactly?" Larke asks, exaggerating the second word.

"It's a surprise," Dick responds, looking at her through the mirror above him.

"I hate surprises," Larke mumbles, getting a laugh of agreement out of Gar.

But yet they trust Dick with their lives, with where their home is. And soon enough they come to a warehouse, a rather large one. And fancy, may I add, on Larke's behalf.

And she's seen fancy, with Lady Widow and all. But this, this was a masterpiece of elegance, peace, and a solid place to stand on, to call home.

And Larke loved it, as she stared out the window, alongside Rachel. With the boys exploring, it felt like the happiest moment she'd had in years.

Fifteen years of manipulation, abuse, and romantisization of horror and torture had accumulated to this.

To Larke standing in a beautiful penthouse, surrounded by people she would call her friends, maybe Rachel cutting it close to family, but not quite there yet.

"What is this place?" Larke asks softly, as Jason, Gar, and Dick join them at the window.

"Home," Rachel tells her, giving her a smile. Larke sees it out of the corner of her eyes, and her own lips tug upwards.

"I get the big room?" Jason asks, interrupting the moment of serenity for Larke, and she scoffs.

"Keep dreaming Birdboy."

And all was well, in that moment, in that place.

But only in that place was it well.

Because somewhere in a secluded forest, an older man heard something. Something that stood out to him, that reminded him of his past. And that something made him angry.

Angry enough to bring himself back into buisiness.

And when Slade Wilson was back in business, then he was back in fucking business.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 807 20
"Is it weird that the same guy that can rip me apart with a single word makes me feel so freaking happy?" Emily asked with hooded eyes. When Rachel c...
169K 3.2K 147
Dick Grayson is not the easiest person to be around, but Cassie is probably the only person in the entire world who has been there for every single p...
149K 2.5K 46
Ever since the defeation of Trigon things have been different. And with the added night of partying and fun, the sexual tension between two certain T...
945 74 13
When a young girl by the name of Maggie Zatara inherits her mother's powers shortly after being born, it drains the life out of her mother Zatanna re...