𝗖𝗢𝗙𝗙𝗘𝗘 𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗞.  [elmo...

By -cxothicol

let's talk about coffee and our troubles                 ❪ human elmo x reader ❫          ❝ a penny for... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SEVEN [FINAL]

205 10 26
By -cxothicol

────── ☕ ::  𝐶𝑂𝐹𝐹𝐸𝐸 𝑇𝐴𝐿𝐾 » 007

“what kind of deal?” asked y/n.

a stranger is always watching.

e

lmo’s eyes held a mysterious
glinter in them.

“one in which we both….”

but i thank the heavens that
not many strangers saw us that night

die

the night in which we both died.

the night in which we bid our final
goodbyes to this world.
_____

“𝒊𝒇 𝒊 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍, 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒆?”

_____

“are you crazy?!” i shouted harshly, clutching his collar. “have you lost your damn mind?!” his eyes stayed locked on mine, not wavering in the slightest. eyes that were ice-cold and brutally honest. i gulped.

“so what if i have?” he spoke calmly over my panic, realising my hands from his collar. “you want to die too, is that not true?”

“....”

“my point is, then at least let’s die together”

“we… barely know each other though…” i argued. elmo scoffed, “i know, but isn’t that just the more fun? commiting a double suicide with a stranger who you know little of but bonded over through coffee talks? you don’t know my whole story and neither do i but we, considantaly, both want to die.”

i glanced at him. “isn’t it interesting?” he smiled.

“i suppose” i said with one of my own.

elmo offered me his hand, “so, what do you say y/n?”

“will you be willing join me in a double suicide?”

i chukled taking his hand, “what are you now, dazai?”

“𝒐𝒇 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆 𝒊 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍”

“nope, just another kid with a death wish”

“but why though?”

elmo took a sip of his coffee.

“like i said, because unlike life, death is equal. death is not just simple tragedy, in my opinion death is a form of art
that goes beyond what the human eye can see.”

“in my opinion you are fucking crazy”

“in my opinion so are you, so you
have no right to talk”

“in my opinion fuck you.”

“in my opinion fuck you too.”

“i might not be your lover or close friend for that matter but i do promise you this: that if you die, i’ll die with you.”

i raised my eyebrow, “i don’t know man sounds like a confession of love to me”

“really? it’s just a simple promise coming from a stranger.”

i took elmo’s hand, “a stranger who i am coincidentally dying with.”

“well i might as well be your lover then,” he snickered.

i raised my brow at the man’s boldness, “are you seriously asking me this the night in which we are both dying?”

“what, do you want to be single as you die?”

“not really...”

emo cupped my cheek, “then just for tonight, be my lover.”

“our last night too for that matter” i chuckled.

“doesn’t that make it just the more fun?” he grinned.

“i guess so!” i yelled, running with his hand clasped on mine.

_______

“are we seriously doing this?”

“what? making out or jumping off a cliff toge-

‘“no. ordering fast food before we commit suicide”

elmo turned to me, “what? do you by any chance want to die with an empty stomach? i sure don't”

“ELMO WE ARE ABOUT TO DI-”

before i could finish my sentence, the waitress came. “your order is here” she announced with a cheeky smile, handling us our food. i looked at her, silently thanking her and giving her a somewhat-awkward smile from my part. the waitress only smiled back. after a few seconds of silence, she scratched the back of her neck. “umm please pardon me but i heard you mentioned that you guys were going to commit suicide together. do you by any chance need help like someone to talk to or-”

“haha elmo!” i slapped the male in the back, making him choke in his fries.
“biTCH i-”

“i told you to not joke about that!” i accused.

“YOU SILLY GOOSE 👺”

“i didn’t even-”

“anyways it’s been a pleasure but we have to go” i spoke, grabbing the fast food and the redhead’s hand. “have a lovely night!” i shouted as i ran with elmo through the exit of the restaurant.

“you sure seem jolly for a person who’s about to commit suicide” elmo commented running behind me. i only glanced back at him, giving his hand a light squeeze, he squeeze back.

“of course! how can i not when i’m commiting suicide with someone like you?”

elmo turned his head, hiding the light red shade that covered his cheeks.

“you moron...”

________

“why are we at…. a clothing shop?”

“you see that is an interesting questio-”

i slapped the back of his head.

“if i’m gonna die, i’ll do it looking like a fabulous ✨ SNACC ✨” he said, rubbing the back of his head to soothe the pain.

“but you already do!” i argued looking him up and down *insert hot outfit here*

“so you admitting i’m hot? 😏”

“well i didn’t-”

elmo cutted me off, “why thank you, i do indeed look great today but you? c’mon there’s no need to be shy, i’ll pay.”

“why you little-”

________

“don’t make me fall!” elmo shouted between laughs as i pushed the target cart faster across the parking lot. i smiled, “don’t worry i got you.”

“promise?”

“promise!”

elmo grumbled, “pinky promise?” i intertwined my pinky in his and leaned down to kiss his cheek. “pinky promise.” elmo blushed, “alright then” he extended his arms as he t-posed. “Y/N MAKE ME FLY!”

i snickered under my breath, “with pleasure.”

with all my strength i ran pushing the cart and then realising it in one go. “tobe fly~”

“Y/N I CAN FLY”

“i know~”

“Y/N THIS FEELS GREAT! I AM GREAT, THIS IS- AHHHHHHHH

“oH SHIT-”

i watched as the cart stumbled on a rock and elmo fell face down, emitting a sound of pain in the process. “ahhhhh…..” he groaned as he laid sideways on the pavement of the parking lot.

i slapped my hand against my mouth, shutting my eyes.

don’t laugh. don’t laugh. don’t laugh.
don’t laugh it’s not funny don’t laugh

“pffft-”

I KNOW YOU FIND MY PAIN FUNNY COME HERE LET ME DO THE SAME TO YOU AND LET’S SEE IF YOU LAUGH NOW, COME HERE Y/N

“oh hell nah-” 🏃‍♀️💨

_______

the silence of the night felt peaceful as
the moon looked down on us.

the h/c teen turned their head, glancing at the male who had their eyes fixed on the glimmering night sky, admiring the stars that sparkled in the amist of the darkness. he let out a breath of amazement.

“hey...” y/n spoke softly, breaking elmo of the trance he was in and direct his attention to the teen. “when are we gonna die?” 

no one was around. it was just
you, me and the moon.

elmo raised a brow, chuckling and looking down on his watch. “i don’t know, it’s still quite early,” he swung in his seat. y/n leaned closer to the man, checking his watch: 12:36 am

“you’re right.”

it was such a beautiful moment
filled with peace and silence.

elmo extended his hand to y/n which they gladly took. he hummed as he ran his thumb over the teen’s knuckles inflicting a sense of comfort into them. “well then, what do you wanna do in the meantime?” y/n asked.

i wonder…
if we have met sooner, would
anything have changed?

elmo hummed in deep thought as he rocked his swing from side to side, matching the movements of the person beside him. “do you.... want to write goodbye letters?” he suggested.

would we still have
wanted to die?

my eyebrows scrunched up.

“not really, i don’t have nobody to say goodbye to.”

or maybe….
we could have found our
will to live together.

he hummed in acknowledgment.
“same here.”

perhaps in another life, we can live together and find genuine joy in living instead of simply surviving another day.

instead of trying to find things that can fill the empty void is us to make us
feel less lonely.

is that being too wishful?
i hope not.
_____

“where are we going?” i asked him as i gripped his hand tighter in mine.

“where do you think?”

the faint sounds of waves overlapping the shore came to my ears.

“i always wanted to take a beach walk with someone at night,” he spoke in a warm tone, looking at me and offering a soft smile.

“let’s take a small walk, shall me?”

i nodded, retrieving a small smile of my own.

and as we walked though the beach, i think i felt your hand slip away from mine for a brief second.

i don’t know why but i...

“please don’t.”

elmo raised an eyebrow confused.

“don’t what?”

a long pause of silence settled between us as i tried to find the right words to say.

“please don’t… let go of my hand.”

elmo sighed, bringing the teen closer to him in a hug.

i blushed, your body feeling warm
against mine.

“if that’s what you want, then i
won’t let go.”

“promise?”

“i promise, even as we die, i’ll make sure to hold your hand so you don't feel so alone anymore.”

“so i guess this is the end?” he spoke softly as i eyed the cliff. “yeah...”

tears swelled in elmo’s eyes.

“i hope...” he started, tenderley wrapping his arms around me.

“that we can meet again some time soon, maybe in another life we don’t have to die because we hate our lives.” elmo glanced up at me, his eyes ever so soft and warm. “maybe we can even share a cup of coffee together.”

i smiled, wrapping my arms around him, “yeah i hope so.”

“well then, goodbye y/n.”

“goodbye elmo.”

and so, they both yeeted themselves off the cliff together and as elmo promised, he held y/n’s hand to make sure they didn’t feel lonely anymore.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐌𝐀𝐎

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

idk why i wrote this
but i did so yeah lol

thank you for reading!

now, shall i serve
you a cup of coffee?

story by:
famel bob

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.5K 2K 18
The main description of your past will be in the first chapter. When that takes place, you'll be 5 years old. Hello! It's me again! You might know m...
289K 6.3K 33
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
6.7K 313 16
Hated the marines for what they did to her father. Sought for revenge, achieved it but of course she wasn't able to achieve it successfully without...
234K 5.7K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc