The Capo and His Queen (Book...

By shania_nia

It's been 15 years since I was kidnapped by the all feared Capo di Capi. The Most Ruthless Man Alive. Cold... More

Chapter: 1
Chapter: 2
Chapter: 3
Chapter: 4
Chapter: 5
Chapter: 6
Chapter: 7
Chapter: 8
Chapter: 9
Chapter: 10
Chapter: 11
Chapter: 12
Chapter: 13
Chapter: 14
Break Time!!!
Chapter: 15
Chapter: 16
Chapter: 17
Chapter: 18
Chapter: 19
Chapter: 20
Chapter: 21
Chapter: 22
Chapter: 23
Chapter: 24
Chapter: 25
Chapter: 26
Chapter: 27
Chapter: 28
Chapter: 29
Chapter: 30
Chapter: 31
Chapter: 32
Chapter: 33
Chapter: 34
Chapter: 35
Chapter: 36
HELPPP!!!
Chapter: 37
Chapter: 38
Question
Chapter: 39
Chapter: 41

Chapter: 40

3K 111 6
By shania_nia

"The Man Who Can Keep A Secret May Be Wise, But He Is Not Half As Wise As The Man With No Secrets To Keep." ~ E.W. Howe

-------------------------

Adriano Pov~

Matteo looks up at the paper with utter disbelief on his face, but that quickly changes to nasty rage as he glances over to Aldo. I slowly make my way to Matteo to snatch the paper out his hands to take over the the council for further proof.

"Isotta you've known me from the day I was born. Would I ever deceive you?" I say as I hand her the paper. She seems to have gotten paler as she grabs the paper from my hands.

"I will not sit here and take this blasphemy, these lies are false!" Also exclaims as he stands up from his chair.

This man had no chance now. It wasn't easy obtaining that one piece of paper. Took a lot of phone calls, and digging and maybe a little spilt blood. 

Aldo had the audacity to accuse my family of treason, of being an abomination to the Italian name.

Yet here he was on his high horse, with the same blood he hated so much running through his disgusting veins.

Isotta glances over the paper, and hands it over to her fellow council members to look over.

"We will take 15 to talk and examine further this new evidence." Isotta calls out.

"Isotta you-" Isotta cuts her head towards aldo shutting him up "We will reconvene then. And if I were you Aldo, I would get my story straight."

I nod my head at her, bowing slightly as they rose and walked out the side door, I looked over at Aldo, winked at him and smirked as he huffed like a little kid.

I turned and made my way over to Matteo who was surrounded by my other trusted men.

Upon seeing me they drop conversation and stood up taller. I smiled at my guys and tucked my hands in my pockets waiting for the questions to role.

"How?" Was all Matteo asked. My brother was a lot of things, and a man of few words was not one of them. Unlike me, he was very vocal.

"I had to trust a very, very untrustworthy person. Or else this would not have worked. I will explain fully later when everyone's around. I know they're gonna have questions." I say as I glance over to my wife as she was talking and looking at me at the same time.

"Adriano that changed everything. If you had that stupid piece of paper this whole time, why wait so long?" Gio asked. Matteo nodding along with him. "Yea." He murmurs in agreeance crossing his arms.

"I had to play the long game. I had to wait for my source, and I knew it had to be official, it had to be at a court hearing for Aldo to finally get what he deserves."

They opened their mouths to ask more but I put my hand up silencing them "Just trust me. I will explain everything later I promise."

"We will always trust you fratello. But that doesn't mean you still don't confuse the hell out of us." Matteo smirked.

I rolled my eyes and glanced one more times at my family. They were just as confused as my brother and men. I slapped Luca on his shoulder as I turned around to walk back over to Aldo who was still glued to his seat.

I tried really hard to reign my hatred in but it was a violent rage at this point.

I stopped right in front of him and just looked at him. He was sweating, leg shaking, but expressionless.

"I will kill whoever gave you that info. And then i will come for you Adriano. Don't think your so safe. You and your revolting family will see their day. And when the time comes, when your luck wears out, I will be there to watch." Aldo spat in a low tone for only me to hear.

I stood back and watched as this man with his bulging neck veins, and red face, looked panicked. A look I have longed to see.  

"A desperate man will do and say anything Aldo." I murmured.

All these years. He was Hiding from who he really was. And all because he was afraid. And for all the bad shit I've done in my day, that's the one thing I am thankful I was brave enough to stand my ground for. My decisions. Who I really am. 

But aren't we all afraid. We are all driven by fear, of secrets and bones we keep hidden in our past. We cover it up so much and hope that no one digs deep enough to find them.

But Aldo, struggled with this one. This one he had to hold onto, kept close to his chest because it was heavily guarded. It has ruled his life for so long. And I threatened his entire existence by my one decision of who I gave my heart too.

He was such an angry man. 

Don't think I feel pity or anything but utter hatred for this man, but..if it were anyone else, and any other situation, maybe things would be different. 

We both look over as the council slowly starts to walk back in the room, I step closer and lean over to whisper "Game Over Aldo."

I take a step back, watch his distant eyes and walk back over to my seat next to Matteo.

I sigh as I sit down, Matteo looking over at me "You good?"

I take a deep breathe "Yea." 

The council takes their seats, my fingers drum against the table as the paper is passed back up to Isotta. Matteo sucks a breathe in and seems to hold it as Isotta glances up.

"The council has concluded that the information presented before us today by Adriano Basillio, Capo di Capi, is factual and accurate and not a forgery. Aldo Basillio III will be condemned to state prison for the proceeding years of his life upon leaving this building today, his family name will be stripped from him as well as his title. His wife, and offspring name will also not belong to them anymore.  Aldo you are hereby banished from the Mafia and will no longer be associated with anyone affiliated within the Italian Mafia. "

"On what grounds do you turn your back on a council member for a lowly boss?" Aldo spats.

"Adriano is not just some lowly boss, he is Capo di Capi boss of all bosses of all Mafias in the United Sates. A region we made him command over, and power we bestowed upon him because we respected his authority and responsibility. A decision you were apart of, so are you questioning your own judgment Aldo?" Isotta  shoots at Aldo giving her best glare. 

"Do you have anything left to say before we depart?" Isotta asks to Aldo. 

Aldo just looks down with a stoic expression on his face. A moment skips a beat before Isotta calls it. "Alright then. It is my pleasure to announce that Adriano has won the hearing. On behalf of the Basilio council, we send our deepest apologies to you and your family for the trouble Aldo has caused you. We will continue further examination into this case. But I assure you this won't happen again Adriano." Isotta gives her best attempt at a smile.

I release my breathe as I saw the guard snatch Aldo from his chair and drag him out the room. Everyone seems to melt a little in reassurance knowing the hard part is over.

Matteo gets up first and looks down at me with his big goofy grin and snatches my arm pulling me out of the chair and into a hug. "You fucking did it." He says as he pulls back and slaps my shoulder. 

I shake my head at him and couldn't help the smile on my face. I feel a tap on my back and I turn to find Isotta giving me a smile, a real one this time. 

"You keep being great Adriano." She says as she shakes my hand. I nod "Is there any other way?" I say with a smirk.

She turns away but before I could leave to follow Matteo I hear her call out "Oh, and there is one part you were wrong about." 

I look back in confusion, going through my words in my head. "About what?"

"You're wrong, we do appreciate all your hard work. I'll be in touch Adriano." She says cryptically as she turns around and walks away. 

I shake my head and my way out the room and towards my gigantic family waiting for me. 

I'm attacked in a hug by Mio amore first. She kisses me quickly before pulling away "You did it Capo. You can breathe now." She whispers with a wink before moving aside and I am bombarded with questions from every kid. 

"Let's go home. We will talk there." I say and they look dejected but they make their way top the doors. 

I move to walk behind everyone and Gabriel walks beside me. He gives me a smile and a elbows me in my side. "You always that scary?" He jokes. 

I laugh and shake my head  "Oh don't think you can run away now. Sei bloccato con me per tutta la vita ora, fratello" ("You are stuck with me for life now brother.")

------------------------------------------------------

We are almost done!!

And Aldo finally got what he deserved.

Why did Adriano choose prison except death? Why this method?

Adriano always has a reason for everything. You will find out in the next chapter. 

Until Next Time!

~Love, Nia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 328 34
However, this time he did a move that I didn't expect. His face turned dark, his eyes shaded black as he smirked in a very evil way. "Why aren't you...
433K 9.5K 75
• BOOK 1 OF THE ESZTAR SERIES • Reaching upstairs, he hurled me inside his room and closed the door harshly. I stood there shaking with fear. He look...
1.1M 26.1K 25
Elena Russo has never lived a normal life like most. To her normal was having a constant bodyguard and not being able to indulge much on life at home...
409K 6.6K 54
[Not Edited] He's ruthless every man wants to be him or the fear him, every women wants to fuck him. He has the largest mafia he could kill anyone i...