~ But then there was you ~ [M...

By AstorSunshine

In college, you had two friends, a crush on Asuma and the habit of minding your own business. Till your proj... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 🍋
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 🍋
Discussion and stuff
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 🍋
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25 🍋
Chapter 26 🍋
Resurrection
Chapter 27

Chapter 24

670 40 145
By AstorSunshine

A/N: This chapter will alternate between Obito and Y/N's point of view.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You didn't have time to be sad after the day at the hospital. Two weeks were not enough to get all your formalities done and necessities taken care of.

"Okay, so that's the temp place take care of," Hayate says, with you looking over his shoulder at his laptop screen. You were going to stay over at a hostel for the first month, till you could find better accommodation.

"Are you sure you want to travel early?"

"Yes, I think I should give myself a few days before the internship actually starts. Don't want to adjust and work at the same time," you say, joining him with your own laptop to search for plane tickets. Yugao brings over some ramen that all three of you devour in no time before going back to finding the plane tickets.

<<>>

Obito woke up the next day wondering what to do. He was wary of his own feelings.

"Why can't everything be normal FOR TWO SECONDS?" he screams and sits on his bed. He didn't want another rebound. He takes out his phone to text you for the millionth time but decides against it for the millionth time.

"Two weeks, I got two weeks," he repeats to himself.

<<>>

"Why do I have so much stuff?" You scream, trying to clean your closet. "When did I buy most of it? Why did I pick up every single freebie? I hate it!" You continue as Yugao and Hayate help you pack. Moving was absolutely your mortal enemy, but you had to get it done.

"I am gonna make a trip to donate these things, others you are going to sell, right?" Hayate asks, trying to pick up a random assortment of things on your bedroom floor.

"Yes. And that pile over there is just junk, straight to trash," you say, pointing at another pile. Your apartment floors were filled with things.

Deidara comes in to find Hayate since they both were going to go to the donation center together. Picking up two giant bags, they both leave.

You continue to fill up boxes that you needed to be shipped as so many things didn't fit in your two suitcases that you were allowed on the plane.

"I think you should pack your actual bags first. We can figure everything out later," Yugao says, looking at you on the verge of crying with overwhelm.

"It's just too much!" you say, exasperated.

"Okay, one step at a time," she helps you get up and makes you pack your suitcases - passport, laptop, clothes, documents, and such.

<<>>

"None of my business, but what are you going to do?" Kakashi asks Obito after waiting for a couple days.

"About?"

Kakashi gives him a look as if to say, "Really?"

"Nothing, I don't know." He says sullenly.

"Nothing?"

"Yeah. Is she with that Deidara guy? I just broke up with Rin. I don't feel good about any of this. What if she thinks that I am just doing it because she is leaving or something? She is an over-thinker, that one!"

"She is an over-thinker? Only her?" Kakashi scoffs. He knew that irrespective of what happens, he had to bear this confused specimen for at least a few more weeks. It was a lose-lose situation for Kakashi really.

"I am not overthinking!" He exclaims, looking at Kakashi.

"We still have a week," Obito sighs.

"Not an assignment to wait till the last minute. Don't you think getting it over with sooner the better?"

"No, I am not ready. She hates me already."

"Then apologize?"

"I have messed up too many times. The apologies don't mean anything anymore."

"Obito.."

"What?!"

"I am gonna either punch you or call her myself or both."

"Bakashi, no."

"Then stop whining. I am not in a chick flick," rolling his eyes, Kakashi goes back to his room, regretting starting that topic. He wanted everything to work out for Obito, but he had done everything he could.

<<>>

"Do you wanna watch a movie or something?" Konan asks, who had come over to help too.

"I'll get the pizzas!" Yugao announces and gets her phone to order some.

"Pizzas yes, movie no. I am too anxious to do that" you laugh, looking at everyone.

"Should I get your bags out, un?" Deidara asks from the bedroom.

"Yes, please!" You get up to help him, while the other three decide what to order.

You were done eating sooner than everyone else, you were very hungry and extremely anxious.

"I am going to take a shower, I feel gross. Too much dust and grime and sweat blehhh," you announce and grab your towel to take a shower.

Thinking about the last night in this house, you feel a little sad. You had been here for three years, with all of these friends, and you were going to miss everything. You think about your classes, library, the cafe you went to often, the late-night studying, the parties. You couldn't believe you had to leave it all behind. You weren't ready for it.

<<>>

Scrolling through his phone, Obito sees the pictures you both had together. Of ramen nights, studying at the library, you sleeping on your desk, and him laughing in the background.

Reminiscing wasn't going to do him any good. Without thinking much, he gets ready, he was gonna do it, finally. He looks at himself in the mirror one last time before leaving.

Deciding there was no point in waiting anymore, he drives to your house. Waiting till someone opened the door of the building, he gets in. He paces about in the lobby, rehearsing what to say, but the scene felt very familiar to him.

He was hoping today he won't get traumatized again, like last time. He couldn't take another déjà vu.

Coming up to your door, he takes a deep breath in.

"All you have to say is sorry. Don't overthink," he repeats in his head before lifting his hand and knocking.

<<>>

Coming out of the shower, you join the others watching the end of the movie you all were watching.

"So, do we stay over?" Yugao asks, looking at you.

"No, I should be fine, come around afternoon tomorrow?"

"What time is your flight again?" Konan asks.

"It's at 9:10pm. So you come here in the afternoon and then we'll have lunch and all that business. We will have time."

Getting up, Konan gives you a tight hug.

"We are going to miss you, girl."

"I will miss you all too, you know."

Deidara, Yugao and Hayate follow.

"We have tomorrow for all this, too!" You exclaim, trying hard not to cry. Yes, you were definitely going to miss everyone.

"We will be busy, actually leaving tomorrow, so no, we won't have time, hm," Deidara chuckles.

You hear a knock on the door and Deidara goes to open it with an inquisitive expression.

"Fuck, not again!" Obito thinks to himself as soon as he sees Deidara's face opening the door.

Deidara just raises his eyebrows without giving him the space to enter.

"I.. is Y/N there?" He stutters.

"She is, but what do you want un?" Deidara wasn't going to let him off easy.

"Who is it?" You ask loudly and walk up to him to check. Your face changes as soon as you see Obito.

"Hey!" He waves his hand at you.

Deidara goes back to join the rest, and you give Obito a little gap to enter. He feels everyone's eyes on him like daggers.

"Umm, I wanted to talk, am I interrupting anything?" He didn't think of this situation, of you having others over.

"They were just leaving," you mumble.

"No, we weren't, actually." Yugao declares.

"If you are here to give her more shit, then please leave. She doesn't need it tonight. Did you not get any other day?" She confronts Obito. He remains silent.

"Yu, let it go," you mumble again, but you knew she was right. You remember what he said that day, and you could feel the hidden anger boiling up again, the anger that you hadn't had a chance to process in the busy days that went by.

"We are going to leave, we'll see you tomorrow," Konan says, pulling Deidara's hand to take him out of there but he doesn't leave before giving you a hug and a kiss on your cheek.

"I am okay, Yu really." You say, looking at Yugao again, after Konan and Dei leave.

You look at Hayate for help, but he merely shrugs. He supported everything Yugao ever said and did. So it was futile expecting him to intervene. He would've stepped in it, with her if it was required.

"Fine, but you are going to call me if anything comes up." She glares at Obito and picks up her belongings, and leaves along with Hayate.

You sigh and close the door when they leave and then look at Obito.

"Sorry for breaking up the party," he says in a small voice.

"That's okay," you reply and go back to clean up the empty pizza boxes and line them up in the kitchen.

"Your bags are ready already?" Playing with the strap of a suitcase, he asks.

"That one is Dei's suitcase, but yes. The flight is tomorrow." You turn around to pretend you were doing something, just to ignore looking at Obito.

"Tomorrow? I.. I thought you were flying on the weekend!" His voice was shaking now. He had waited till the last day, unfortunately.

"Yepp," you look down at your feet and stress the extra p in the end. You were looking everywhere but at him. You couldn't get yourself to do it. Seeing him after so many days made you realize how badly you wanted to see him, talk to him, be with him before you left.

"Then why are his bags here?"

"Because he is moving in."

The expression on his face changes from sadness to rage in a second. He knew he had to control it, but it was so difficult. He takes a deep breath in before saying something.

"I am tired of fighting, Obito," you say, looking at him. "Before you say some shit like that day."

"You are moving in with him in such a short time? Of course, you will be tired of me." Words tumble out of his mouth before he could control himself.

"See, this is what I hate about you. You don't listen. Why are you here anyway? Don't you have your "girlfriend" to go back to?" You say air quoting the word.

"We broke up, if only you weren't so busy being a-."

"Being a what?"

"Nothing."

"A what?"

"Slut, busy being a slut."

Before you realize what you were doing, you raise your hand and smack him across his face. He flinches for a second, but it breaks him out of his anger.

"How dare you? I let you treat me like that many times already, not again. I said he is moving in because he is sub-leasing my apartment. He is moving here, not with me. But I don't owe you an explanation. For anything."

"Y/N," he holds your hand and turns around.

Your angry tearful gaze meets his bloodshot eyes. You didn't feel anything, you didn't want to feel anything. You were happy before, and though you had hoped to see Obito, it definitely wasn't this way.

"Let me just leave in peace!" Freeing yourself from his grip, you turn around to walk away from him, but he had different plans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Don't hate me.

Also, thanks for reading!

Please vote if you like it, and your comments always give me life! ♥️

Uncropped version of the header pic! Not my art, but isn't he gorgeous? 🥺♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 467 20
A new boy moves into town Naruto Uzumaki, who lives across from sauske Uchiha and when they meet it's like love at first sight and everything is ama...
3.4K 193 12
Welcome to the final installment in the UC series! What happens when Y/n realizes what she must do? If she wants her life back, she'll have to make s...
28.1K 794 29
What if Rin didn't die and Obito still returned to the village after his recovery? What if he killed Zetsu and Madara didn't get his grimy fingers on...
73.8K 2.1K 25
Tobi lost all of his clan in what appears to have been a murder spree- the murderer was never caught. What's stranger is that he seems to have lost a...