easy for you to say « f.weasl...

By moonstonecult

❝ a darkness that holds me, and loves when I bleed, it locks all the doors and then hides all the keys... More

EASY FOR YOU TO SAY
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.

58.

5.7K 272 131
By moonstonecult

•♡•♡•

FRED WAS THE FIRST ONE to wake up the following morning, slightly stiff from his awkwardly bent neck and uncomfortable in his unchanged clothes from the day prior. Not to mention that his girlfriend was a proper furnace at his side, more than enough warmth was radiating off her huddled body, then with the blanket atop them both adding on even more heat. He could only assume both Lee and George had woken up earlier, seeing as they weren't in their own beds when he lifted his head to check. Pushing his matted and slightly sweaty hair off from his forehead, he pulled away gently – intent on getting out of bed and ready for the day – only to stop completely in his tracks when Rebecca let out a sleepy whimper, her forehead creasing and her lips tugging downward in her sleep.

"Shh, love," He whispered gently, combing the hair that fell put of her plait back from her face, wincing to himself that the fever hadn't broken overnight – which wasn't likely but he still had hoped – "I'm right here, shh."

Fred returned to his spot laying down, the stitch in his side still aching but he kept silent and started rubbing up and down her back gently to lull her back to sleep. He peered up when the door creaked open, his twin poking his head through before he was stepping inside quietly. George sent him a smile, wiggling his eyebrows as he silently presented a plate piled high with eggs, bacon, and toast. Though, he wasn't alone. There was a girl waiting in the doorway, holding two tall glasses, one of pumpkin juice and the other of ice water. Fred eyed her oddly, her Hufflepuff robes catching his gaze before meeting the slightly awkward smile she offered him as George moved further into the room.

"I didn't want to wake you," He uttered apologetically, setting the plate down on the bedside table before turning to grab and set the glasses down as well, "but seeing as it's already passed breakfast on Monday morning, and Professor McGonagall has called an entire house meeting – I do believe I'm obligated to tell you to get your arse down to the Small Hall."

"She won't let go." Fred stated simply, a small smile playing across his features as he gestured down to his sleeping girlfriend.

"Ahh – problem," The younger twin hummed.

"Erm uh, sorry for intruding on your not-so-private conversation," The Hufflepuff cleared her throat quietly, making both twins turn to look at her, "but you can just put your pillow in your place. She'll hold it just the same as she would you – she wouldn't really know the difference."

"Have you just compared my body to a pillow?" Fred questioned incredulously, letting his jaw drop open slightly.

"No?" She offered innocently.

Fred only chuckled, grabbing the pillow from behind his head to slowly tuck it between Rebecca's arms. It was actually rather easy, surprisingly enough, she remained asleep as well, with slow breaths through her mouth since her nose was stuffed up. With a single finger to indicate he needed a minute, Fred grasped a fresh set of robes from the closet before darting towards the restroom to freshen up and get ready. George withdrew his wand, casting a statis charm over the plate and the drinks to keep their temperature, nodding to himself before tucking his wand away again.

"Soo..." His friend hummed quietly, tucking her hands behind her back and slowly rocking on her heels, "that's your brother and his girlfriend?"

"Yeah," George flashed a small smile, lowering his voice slightly as he peered towards the shut bathroom door momentarily, "I promise, I'll say something – it's just kinda a bad time."

"It's fine," She chuckled quietly, shaking her head, "I was only going to ask how long they've been dating – they're really sweet together."

"I don't even think it's been two whole months, if I'm correct," He mused lowly, "but we've known her for a little more than a year now," George smiled a bit wider when she grinned, "They took bloody ages to get together though – and yes, before you ask – I did meddle."

"Ahh, so not much longer than —"

"Readyyy..." Fred sang out quietly as he suddenly emerged from the bathroom, looking fresh once again and cleaned up, "any idea about what the house meeting is for?"

"Not a clue," George shook his head, shrugging.

His brother only hummed, giving a slight shrug of his own before nearing his bed once more. Fred leant down, quickly pressing a gentle kiss to the top of his girlfriend's head before following after George and the Hufflepuff girl.

*

When Rebecca finally woke, nearing noon, it was to repeated taps on the closed window. Peeling her eyes open, she let out a stifled groan at the sheer amount of sunlight, smashing her face into the pillow she held – quickly pulling away and glancing around the room in mild confusion. It took a moment to remember where she was; but when she did, another sharp tap came upon the window – making her grumble before lugging herself to slide off the mattress. Rebecca held the knitted throw to her body tightly, stumbling over a few strewn things across the ground before tossing open the window to let the owl in. Surprisingly enough, there were two owls fluttering about outside, both flying right into the dormitory and settling on two separate bed posts.

"Mornin', Juniper," Rebecca greeted Remus' owl hoarsely, gently scratching the top of her head with a single finger before taking the envelope from her beak, "I haven't got any owl treats here, I'm afraid."

Even while somehow looking disappointed, the tawny owl merely nipped affectionately at the girl's fingers before taking flight once more and right out the window. Turning to the greying owl on the opposite post, she greeted it as well, taking the scroll from it's talon. It hooted loudly at her, fluttering about the room annoyingly before it too ducked out. Rolling her eyes, Rebecca took both letters and settled back on Fred's bed with the knitted blanket across her shoulders. Opening the scroll first, she was rather surprised – the familiar writing from nearly five months ago flashing into her gaze.

pup,
i'm sorry it's been months, i just haven't had much time to write you back. i've come back up north, but i promise i'm still being safe. i still won't be able to write much, it'll draw out too much suspicion. but how's everything at hogwarts this year? staying out of trouble, i hope. harry's sent plenty of letters with word of what you've been doing for him — including nearly hexing some kid when the malfoy boy made those blasted pins

thank you for standing up for him, i'm sure he's extremely grateful you're by his side, as am i. i'll try and send you another letter when it's much safer, stay safe
- padfoot x

There was nothing more written within the small scroll and Rebecca tried not to feel too disappointed in the short message from her father. Even with the small sinking feeling she felt deep in her stomach, she quickly set the scrap of parchment aside and immediately reached for the letter from Remus. The envelope was slightly thicker this time around, and as she tore it open, she couldn't help but to smile at the sight of a raspberry-swirled chocolate bar tucked tightly against his folded letter. She set the treat aside, unfolding the parchment and smoothing it out.

happy day, sunspot
first off, you know i've got to ask (no matter how embarrassing it may be) how was the first date? i hope it went extremely well, and should you need it, i can have a stern letter written out to fred if it hadn't gone off like you expected. (it is fred you're dating, right?)

i've forgotten to tell you, but dumbledore's allowed you hogsmeade privileges with my own permission. just for this year considering all the festivities going about, and seeing as i'm so nice when asking. so make sure to pass along your thanks to him.

as for your concern for harry and his place as a champion, a few friends and i are working on leads of just who might've been behind entering his name, you needn't worry too much. though, please be careful around igor karkaroff, he's a death eater — or at least he was, but you can never be too careful around their sort.

have you been able to speak with your friend yet? the one who had transferred out to durmstrang just this passed summer? adrienne, was it? what has she said of the matter?

im here whenever you need, remember that, love, moony xx

Setting the letter aside, Rebecca settled back against the headboard with a harsh sneeze. She glanced between both pieces of parchment, immediately feeling her lips tug downward. Sniffling and wiping her nose with the back of her hand, she felt herself sink deeper into the mattress. It felt utterly stupid to want to cry over the mere sizes of the letters – not even to mention the actual contents of them – but she couldn't help the sudden burning feeling stinging her dry eyes. Rebecca pushed them both away, tugging the blanket back over her frame and letting her head rest against the pillow once more.

It was then that the door creaked open slightly, a familiar mop of shaggy ginger hair peaking inside. She hadn't met Fred's eyes though, her gaze set out the opened window as she fought off the stupid tears and stupid feelings that made her heart clench tightly within her chest. Fred gently shut the door behind himself, thinking his girlfriend was still fast asleep, before beginning to tug off his outer robes – completely faltering when he rounded the bed and found her eyes opened and leaking tears.

"Hey – what's wrong?" He immediately knelt down by her top half, using his thumb to wipe gently at her flowing tears, "Does something hurt? Shall I go get Madam Pomfrey?"

Rebecca only shook her head, sniffling into her sleeve and shifting her gaze back towards the window. Fred frowned, trying to meet her eyes once more, only getting a far off dazed look in return as she avoided his searching gaze. Still, he kneeled by her, his thumb gently tracing her damp cheek as she continued to sniffle and wipe at her eyes with her sleeve. He hadn't want to pry, nor push her to tell him what the matter was – but when he caught sight of two discarded, different sized letters, he had a very good hunch on what it could've been.

"Are you up for a taking a walk?" He offered quietly, gently poking her reddened nose, "Maybe getting out of this room will do you good."

"I'd like to," She admitted in a gravely voice, mustering up an extremely weak smile that faltered almost instantly, "but my head's pounding and I can't seem to see straight, it's all blurry."

"That's alright," Fred assured her softly, using his fingertips to tug the elastic from the end of her plait, "do you want to change into something far more comfortable? I don't reckon sleeping in trousers is the way to go, love."

"I've got to go back to my dorm then," Rebecca let out a small breath, readying herself to rise up onto her bent elbows.

"Nonsense," He shook his head, smiling as he rose from his kneeling position to shuffle towards his trunk, "I've got plenty of clothes you can borrow right here – and notice how I said borrow so you don't go keeping them–"

"I've only got your bloody scarf because you won't take it back," She protested croakily, reaching over to flick his nose, "you're always like 'oh no, keep it, love' or 'it looks better on you' – don't give me that look, you know it's true."

"Unbelievable – you're still mean to me when you're sick," Fred sighed dramatically, tugging out one of his thinner jumpers to set aside, "want shorts or sweats?" he questioned, holding up a pair of each, "you've still got a temperature so it might be better to sweat that out and – why are you looking at me like that?"

"What are you talking about? This is how I always look at you," Rebecca uttered quietly, her eyes meeting his own.

"It's not," He insisted, straightening his spine slightly before moving back over to sit on the edge of the mattress, "look at you, all blush-y and fond looking," he teased, poking her reddening cheek, "what is it? Finally realizing just how handsome I am?" Fred grinned when she let out a playful scoff, "So utterly happy you've managed to wrangle me down for yourself and that you're able to kiss me whenever you want?"

"Merlin's beard, you're annoying," She playfully rolled her eyes, swatting weakly at his prodding hands, "I'm not even looking at you in any special way."

"Oh, but you are," Fred mocked, grinning stupidly before he was tossing himself at her side and looping an arm around her waist, "you're sooo cute when you blush over me. Look at you – ouch!"

He rubbed at his nose, having it been flicked in retaliation of his teasing. Still, Fred smiled, moving back once again so he rested on his bent knees and helped her sit up as well. With a peck to her slightly clammy forehead, he sent her off towards the bathroom with his clothes in hand and sat on the mattress once again. Rebecca emerged just minutes later, her legs swimming in the sweats that she rolled at the hips but smiling down fondly at the scarlet jumper knitted with a golden F across the front.

"Why is it you always look so much better than I do in my own clothes?" Fred sighed dramatically, encircling both his arms around her lower back as soon as she reached the spot in front of him.

"Stop being such a sap," Rebecca murmured, giving a slight pout as she placed both her hands to his cheeks and pinched them slightly with a sigh, "I really want to kiss you."

"And as much as I'd love that, you're sick and I don't really want to be sick myself," He hummed, scrunching his nose up playfully.

"You know you can still get sick by just being near me, right?" She deadpanned, a small smile quirking up one corner of her lips as she leaned forward to rest her forehead against his shoulder.

"Eh, I'll take my chances."

They both stayed in silence like that for a moment, in each other's company and slightly swaying in place even as Fred was sitting. In another moment, he tossed himself backwards onto the mattress, easily tugging Rebecca with him so she laid atop of him. Too tired to fight against it – and happily giving into the pleasant feeling that came with his embrace – she merely set her head on his chest and looped her own arms around his torso. Still in silence, they kept stealing glances at each other when the other wasn't looking.

"I stare at you because you care," Rebecca let out quietly, averting her gaze to follow her finger that she used to trace squiggles atop his chest, "the way you care, more like," She gave a meek shrug, focusing intently on her movements, "It doesn't make sense aloud, I know – but it's all still a bit surprising, I guess."

"It's like second-nature for you to be so caring," She continued softly, pausing her hand movements but still avoiding his gaze, "I can't even really explain it – but it feels nice," Rebecca felt her eyes shut momentarily as he pecked her temple, "To know that you're here, and that you care about me. Offering your clothes, and letting me stay in here, in your room and practically take over your bed."

"I stare because I just dunno how to properly say thank you, I guess."

"You don't have to say thank you," Fred assured her quietly, using two of his fingers to gently tilt her head back so they met eyes once again, "you don't have to say anything, because I don't do this for praise –" He smiled when she did, tucking her hair back, "I do it because I do care for you, and I'm not going anywhere."

"You're stuck with me, sweetheart," He added teasingly, though still completely serious in his own words, "foreverrr and everrrr," he uttered in a childish voice, nuzzling his nose into the top of her head.

•♡•♡•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.6K 1K 53
Two redheads One love In good times and bad In health and sickness At least that's what they thought... a Fred Weasley love (and more) story 02/22...
92.8K 2.8K 35
Y/N starts her 5th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as the new Prefect girl. But she's not using her prefect abilities for what the...
1.1M 44.5K 98
❝my papa always told me that you can't trust anybody, no matter what.❞ ❝why would he say that?❞ ❝his own love betrayed their best friends and the fam...
48.8K 742 6
my odds are stacked. GOLDEN TRIO ERA HARRY POTTER / FEMALE! OC PS - DH [ slow updates ] © LUVPOTTERS