A Ratched End

נכתב על ידי mildredratched03

Cassie, a nurse at Lucia state hospital has grown quite close to her colleague Mildred Ratched. How will thei... עוד

Chapter One: Right place, right time
Chapter Three: Reflection
Chapter Four: Entrance
Chapter Four: A Tense Encounter

Chapter Two: Waiting game

185 13 0
נכתב על ידי mildredratched03

I watched at nurses whizzed by me and patients screamed and wandered aimlessly around the lobby. The lobby was decorated as if a prestigious hotel rather then an mental health institute. There was still a tinge of its sanitary and regimented ways as the lino floor was uneven and the walls were a signature sickly cream that seemed to lurk on every hospital wall. I was starting to drift off when I heard a familiar tapping sound of heels that seemed to awaken me like an earthquake.
It was her.
I smoothed down my hair and adjusted my skirt and stood, wobbly as I had been seated for the past hour. The woman gave me an odd look; I didn't know whether it was confusion or something else. No matter what I thought nothing could sidetrack me from walking up to her intimidating demeanour. With sweating palms and a frigid expression I tapped her gently on the shoulder. She swiftly turned towards me, not a hair on her head moved out of her bun, and said 'Excuse me?'. I froze. I felt like a small puppy being pinned down by a wolf, she must be about 10 years my senior and this thought only made me more nervous. The time between when she spoke up till the time I had the courage to respond felt never ending. 'I was just wondering if you were applying here ma'am. I saw you walk to Dr Hanover's office where I just had my interview and-'. 'Yes' she said in a smooth and calming way. 'Unfortunately I did not get the position, however I may know how'. She smiled gently and put her hand on my shoulder. I shuddered slightly and said 'May I ask of your name?' 'Mildred' she replied 'Mildred Ratched'. She removed her hand from my shoulder nodded and exited the building perfectly as if rehearsed.

*Thanks for reading, chapters out daily*

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

25.3K 1.9K 45
Nihira, unexpectedly finds a mysterious box which teleports her into the era of mahabharata. Where is she sent to the ashram of Guru Dronacharya, her...
293K 20.5K 169
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...
124K 9.9K 100
Ongoing novel လင်းရှင်းလန်ဟာကမ္ဘာပျက်ကပ်ကာလမှာစွမ်းအင် 2မျိုး နိုးထခဲ့ပေမယ့် သူ့ရည်းစားနဲ့ သူ့သူငယ်ချင်းက လအနည်းငယ်စာ အစားအသောက်အတွက်နဲ့ သူမကို သုတေ...
25.4K 688 21
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ ʜᴇʟʟᴏ!! Emi-san/chan here~✨🤭👹 𝘌𝘮𝘰𝘫𝘪 𝘐 𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘩: 👹- DEMON/SIGN OF ME GOING CRAZY OR ABOUT TO BEA...