Forced to Love Another (Princ...

By AvengerNo7

Arthur Pendragon wasn't always a prat, he was a kind, loving, fun Prince, but something happened that changed... More

Welcome!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Thank you!!

Chapter 8

855 23 0
By AvengerNo7

I closed my book as the door opened. I looked up, and sighed a breath of relief when Arthur came in. Today was the day we were finally going to talk to father about being courted, and I couldn't be more excited. I stood up, but my smile dropped when I saw the frown that was on Arthur's face. "What's wrong?" I asked cautiously.

"Father's sending me and a few knights out on a hunt before winter really sets in, so we have enough meat, I'll be away for a few days." He said, sadly, not looking me in the eye. I let out a breath and my heart sank. I slowly made my way over to Arthur, and took his hands in my own. "That's okay." I said, my voice coming out as a whisper.

"It is?" Arthur questioned, looking down on me, a hint of confusion seeping through his features. I smiled weakly and nodded my head. "I've waited a year, I think I can wait for a few more days." I said, and Arthur's face broke into a smile. He brought me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

"I promise as soon as I get back we'll tell him." He said, and I nodded to him. Arthur looked at me for a few seconds, before leaning in and kissing me. I melted into him, and wrapped my arms around his neck. He pulled away, but only slightly. "I love you." He said, his voice like a whisper. "I love you too." I responded with, before Arthur pulled away from me and left the room.

I went over to my window and stood by it, watching as Arthur mounted his horse and rode off into the forest. I let out a sigh, before picking up my book and heading down to the gardens, so I could have some time to myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked up at the clouds from where I sat in the gardens. Arthur had been gone for a couple days now, and was due to return tomorrow. I was being as patient as I could, but I had really got my hopes up that we would be public by now, I guess not having him here helped slightly, but it also didn't.

I was brought out of my thoughts of Arthur by someone calling my name. "Lizzie! Lizzie!" A voice, I recognised as Alice's shouted through the garden. I stood up from where I was and looked over to my handmaiden. Her hair was slightly frazzled, and her dress untidy, which meant she had been running to get here.

"Alice, what do you want?" I asked, concerned, because she seemed in a hurry, but also worried. "Lizzie, your father has summoned you, he wishes for you to go to the Main Hall immediately." She said, and a shocked look spread onto my face. I nodded, and headed into the castle.

I walked through the castle. A light sweat formed on my brow as I got closer to the Main Hall. Alice seemed so serious when she had informed me that father wished to speak with me. I remember from dinner last night that father was supposed to be attending official business right now, and Morgana and I have always been instructed to leave him alone during these times. And now he'd summoned me. He couldn't've wanted all of us there because Morgana was visiting her father's grave while Arthur was on his hunting trip

I sighed as I reached the large wooden doors. I could vaguely make out father's voice. I took a deep breath and pushed open the doors. The room fell into silence and I saw that the dinner table had been removed. There was a small group of people standing by father's throne and also a few knights scattered across the room. Everyone's eyes fell onto me, and I blushed under their gaze, averting my eyes and looking at my feet.

"Elizabeth, you're here, good. The council is dismissed." Father said, and everyone started filing out the room. I walked through the people and towards my father's throne where he sat. I smiled at him and saw that there were two people, other than the guards who were still in the room.

I looked over to them and smiled widely as I saw who it was. "I trust you remember our two guests, Elizabeth." Father said, and I nodded to him, turning to the two men. "King David, it's a pleasure to see you again," I said, curtsying in front of him, before turning to his son. "Prince Alexander." I said, curtsying again, smiling at the familiar face in front of me.

Alexander hadn't changed too much. His dark brown hair had grown slightly, and the faint marks of a moustache were growing atop his lip. He had definitely got more muscular since I had last seen him, and he filled out his blue tunic well. He bowed his head slightly, "My Lady Elizabeth." He said, and I smiled as he lifted my hand to his lips and placed a soft kiss on them.

"Now, Elizabeth, I know you must be wondering why I have called you here today. Now, I know this may come as a shock to you, but it is for Camelot. As you may know we are good allies with King David's kingdom, but as you also know, if possible, an alliance should be sealed with a marriage between the two royal families," My father started, and I furrowed my eyebrows as he paused for a second and shared a look with King David.

"Therefore, we have arranged a marriage between yourself and Prince Alexander. You have some time to get to know each other a bit better, but by the end of the week (It is a Wednesday) your engagement will be public and a tournament will be held in your honour." My heart dropped at my father's words. I could feel tears brim in the back of my eyes, but I pushed them away, and looked at Alexander, who was giving me a sheepish look.

I looked back at my father who gave me a stern look. "O-of course, f-father." I said, my words shaking as they escaped my lips. My father nodded to me, "You are excused, there are some other things I wish to arrange with King David." He said, and I bowed my head to him, turning around and leaving the room. I closed the doors behind me, and leaned on them, taking a deep breath.

I then broke down and let the tears fall down my face. I knew that I had to get away from the Hall, so I ran through the castle, ignoring a few people's attempts to ask me if I was alright. I ran straight to the gardens, and to the edge of the fountain. I sat down and placed my arms on the edge of it. I took a shaky breath and let out a few sobs.

I had absolutely no desire to get married to Alex, he was a great friend, but I just couldn't. And what on earth was I supposed to tell Arthur when he returned tomorrow. There were so many questions that were running through my head, and I hated the fact that Morgana wasn't here to comfort me. I don't know how long I was out there for, but I cried for a long time, before just sitting and staring at the water.

I was only brought out of my thoughts when I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I felt someone's presence as they sat on the edge of the fountain, next to where I was. I looked up and saw that it was Alex. I clenched my jaw, he wasn't exactly the first person I wanted to see right now.

"I know, you probably don't want to see me right now, but my father sent me to look for you, and I postponed as long as I could by pretending not to know where you were. Are you alright?" He asked me. I looked up at him, and glared lightly. "What do you think?" I asked him, and he looked down at his feet sheepishly. We sat in silence for a few seconds before I spoke up again.

"Did you know?" I asked, my voice cracking slightly as I did. Alex sighed, but looked me in the eyes. "Yes," He said, and my heart sank even lower, "but I swear that I only found out a week ago, before I came here." He finished, and I looked up at him, seeing that there was no hint of him lying in his eyes. I gave him a small nod, showing him that I believed him.

"I'm sorry about my reaction, it's nothing against you, you're a great person, and I'm sure you'll make a great... husband. I just got scared, I only turned eighteen last week, which means I'm only just eligible to be courted. I guess I just wasn't expecting to be told that I had to get married so soon." I said, telling Alexander the truth, knowing he would understand me.

"Don't worry, I was shocked as well when my father told me about it. I completely understand, this must be difficult for you." He said, and I could feel the sympathy in his eyes as he stared at me from where he was sitting.

"How did you know where to find me?" I asked, not wanting to talk about our arranged marriage any more. "The first time I met you, you said your favourite place in Camelot was the gardens." He said, and I chuckled under my breath. "You still remember that?" I asked, incredulously. He chuckled too and nodded. "You said you liked the open fields." I said, and his head turned to face me. He smiled and nodded his head.

I sighed and finally accepted what was going to happen. I moved my hand and placed it on top of his. "Maybe we can make this work." I said, and Alex smiled at me, placing his other hand on top of mine. "Maybe we can." He said.

That night, after I'd eaten a slightly awkward dinner with father, King David, and Prince Alexander, I was in my chambers, pacing around in my nightdress. I was waiting for Alice to get back, because she had gone to ask the knights if they had any news of when Arthur and Morgana would return. I looked up as the door opened and my handmaiden entered the room.

"So?" I asked as soon as she stopped moving. "Well, it seems as though they've had word from Arthur that he is going to be out for slightly longer than anticipated, so he should be back by Saturday at the least. And Morgana is still on track, and should be here either late tomorrow or early Friday." She said, and I sighed in relief. I could definitely avoid Arthur for a day, that would be easy, and Morgana was coming back, so I could talk to her and Gwen about what is going on.

"Good." I muttered under my breath, as I sat down on a chair in my room. "You're going to have to face Arthur eventually, you know that, right." Alice said, coming to sit beside me. I sighed, knowing she was correct. "I know, but I'd have no clue what to tell him, and at least if he finds out during the ceremony, he can't start yelling at me there and then." I said, going over my reasons in my head.

"All this worrying isn't good for you, why don't you get ready for bed, and I'll go down to Gaius and get a sleeping potion for you." She said, and I smiled at her, standing up and pulling her into a hug. "You always know just what I need." I said, and I watched as she left the room. I slowly began to peel myself out of the dress I had been in all day, and I got into my nightdress and climbed into bed, before waiting for Alice to get back.

Once she returned, she handed me the potion, and closed all the curtains, and blew all the candles out. I then drank the potion and she bid me goodnight, leaving the room. I placed the empty bottle on my side table, before turning over in my bed, falling asleep and having uneasy dreams about Arthur and Alexander.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.4K 3.2K 64
What will the future bring for the young couple? As they defy the norms and fight back. As friendships and loyalties are tested and they are pushed t...
6.6K 306 17
VIGILANTE SHIT- ❝ revenge is a good look on you ❞ IN WHICH, two sorcerers in camelot are both destined to take care of the king's most beloved, arthu...
1.7K 76 15
"In a land of myth and a time of magic, the future of a great kingdom rests on the shoulders of a powerful man. His name...MERLIN." ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Destiny is...
217K 11.1K 29
Merthur AU (Set around early season 4) Arthur Pendragon is the new king of Camelot having assumed the throne after his father's death at the hands of...