๐€๐•๐€๐“๐€๐‘ - MCU

By cpvdm_

Luna Carter hadn't had the best childhood someone could have. She was an extraordinary kid in an ordinary wor... More

๐™™๐™ž๐™จ๐™˜๐™ก๐™–๐™ž๐™ข๐™š๐™ง
๐™‚๐™๐˜ผ๐™‹๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ ๐™‡๐™„๐˜ฝ๐™๐˜ผ๐™๐™”
๐™‚๐™๐˜ผ๐™‹๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ ๐™‡๐™„๐˜ฝ๐™๐˜ผ๐™๐™” ๐™„๐™„
๐™Š. ๐™‹๐™๐™Š๐™‡๐™Š๐™‚๐™๐™€
๐˜ฝ๐™Š๐™Š๐™† ๐™„ : ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™–๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ
I. MOONY, TINY AND THE T-DUDE
II. THE FORGOTTEN ANTI-TRACKING SYSTEM
III. NOT A KID
IV. THE SMARTEST PERSON IN THE ROOM
V. LOKI'S HIDDEN AGENDA
๐™–๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™๐™ค๐™ง'๐™จ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™š
๐˜ฝ๐™Š๐™Š๐™† ๐™„๐™„ : ๐™–๐™œ๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ช๐™ก๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฃ
I. A LONG, LONG WAY FROM HOME
II. THE SPIRIT WILDS
III. DEAD OR ALIVE
IV. LOSE YOUR MIND
V. NO STRINGS ATTACHED
VI. OUT OF THE BOTTLE
VII. FAMILY PROPERTY
VIII. THOR'S VISION
IX. BATTLE OF WILLS
X. IN THE SPIRIT OF LETTING GO
๐™–๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™๐™ค๐™ง'๐™จ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™š
๐˜ฝ๐™Š๐™Š๐™† ๐™„๐™„๐™„: ๐™˜๐™ž๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ก ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ง
I. A WEEK IN THE LIFE OF LUNA CARTER
II. WHAT HAPPENS IN LAGOS...
III. THE SOKOVIA ACCORDS
IV. 'TIL WE MEET AGAIN
V. SHITTY FORMS OF ESCAPISM
VI. GOODBYES ARE FOR TRAITORS
VII. FUGITIVES OF THE LAW
๐™–๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™๐™ค๐™ง'๐™จ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™š
๐˜ฝ๐™Š๐™Š๐™† ๐™„๐™‘: ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ง
I. AN OTHERWORLDY ROADTRIP
II. THE AVATAR STATE
III. CHILDREN OF THANOS
IV. THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
V. THE MAD TITAN
๐™–๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™๐™ค๐™ง'๐™จ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™š
๐˜ฝ๐™Š๐™Š๐™† ๐™‘: ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™™๐™œ๐™–๐™ข๐™š
I. REMEMBER THE FALLEN
II. FIVE YEARS
III. RUINS AND RUINATION
IV. TONY'S TIME TRAVEL MACHINE

VI. THE SACRIFICE PLAY

2.1K 83 29
By cpvdm_

VI. THE SACRIFICE PLAY
——————

Luna's night had been restless and without much sleep. She tossed and turned in her bunk that had been given to her by Fury. After Tony and Steve had fixed up the helicarrier, it wasn't pummeling to the ground and threatening to crash now, everybody was helping to clean up the inside of the ship.

The broken glass had been cleaned up and the wounded had been tended to. Some agents had been trying to pinpoint where Banner had landed after the Hulk took a swan dive off the helicarrier but with no luck so far.

Clint Barton and some of the other agents were no longer under Loki's mind control, which was one of the few good things to happen but they were still pretty beaten up. The rest of the team had barely spoken to each other. Luna hadn't said anything at all after Phil died. She decided it would be better that she retreated for a while, thus she went to her designated room.

It was small and packed with only a bunk bed, but she didn't mind. The moment she had entered it she collapsed on the bed. The adrenaline had worn off a while ago and she felt exhausted. Even though she felt like she could sleep for a week, her mind decided that she couldn't yet. So she laid in the dark with her eyes closed for a solid hour, tossing and turning.

Her mind kept showing her Phil's dying face. It seemed to mock her. Luna didn't know if she had fallen asleep when she thought she heard Phil say, 'You're useless.'

But it didn't stop, she kept hearing his voice taunting her in the distant, 'You could've saved me.'

When she woke up in the early morning, the last thing she remembered from her restless night was Phil looking at her and saying, 'You're no hero...'

• • •

Luna was still exhausted, although that wasn't a new feeling for her, as she walked into the main area. She didn't pay any attention to Tony Stark, who was standing against a wall, and Steve Rogers, who was sitting in one of the chairs, as she sat down opposite of him at the large, oval table.

She propped her feet on the table as she leaned back in her chair. She was still processing how completely and utterly out of control her life had spun in the past couple days when Nick Fury silently walked in.

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket," he said, taking out a stack of vintage Captain America trading cards.

Luna's breath hitched in her throat as she saw the red blood stains on them.

"I guess he never did get you to sign them," he directed at Steve and threw the cards down on the table.

Blood was splattered on the corner of the deck.

"We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, the location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. I lost my one good eye," he said. "Maybe I had that coming."

"Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number, though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, called the Avengers initiative," Fury spoke. "The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea. In heroes."

A tense silence filled the air, thick with mourning and contemplation.

Luna Carter sat there, listening to Nick Fury with an expressionless look on her face. Her mind was still trying to push images of a dying Phil Coulson to the surface. She couldn't safe him. Useless, his voice rang through her head. How was she supposed to save the entire world if she couldn't even save one man?

Her mind spiraled. When she decided that she wasn't having any of it anymore, she stood up and stormed towards the exit. Feeling the confused looks burning into her back, she stopped in the doorway and spun around.

"I wasn't even on your radar a week ago and I'm sure as hell not a part of your 'initiative.'" she said harshly. "I have no reason to stay. The last two days have been the most exciting days of my life and yet, somehow, also the worst. So if you'll excuse me, I'm taking the first parachute I see and jumping off this godforsaken ship if I have to," she ranted, storming off.

Luna packed her stuff from her guest room before making her way up to a door that led to the deck. There, she took a parachute off the rack and opened the door. She hesitated, looking down at bustling New York City beneath her. Turning her head, she glanced at the door, waiting for something to come after her and stop her. Nothing did. She took off.

• • •

Luna landed on the roof of the shelter, took off the parachute and jumped down. For the first time in her life, she felt happy to see the dreary front door of the orphanage. It was quiet inside, the matron must have taken the kids to the park for the day.

Taking a deep breath, she took in the familiar smells of the living area. The matron would sometimes burn sage and the sent would get stuck in the furniture and wallpaper. Luna normally hated it, but now it made her feel at home. Then there was also the usual smell of children, but she didn't mind it this time.

"Luna!" a voice exclaimed.

Luna spun around and saw the bubbly redhead coming her way, a big grin on her face.

"Where have you been?" Amy asked as she attacked her with a big hug.

Luna laughed dryly, kneeling to hug the girl back just as tightly. "Oh, you know," she said. "Out and about, like usual. I missed you, Tiny," she added as she cupped Amy's head in her hands.

As she looked at the young girl, she realized that this was her family. Her gran and Amy were the only people she would ever need and the little girl deserved to know the truth, because Luna was her only family too.

"You wanna hear a story?" she asked as she stood up, leading Amy to the back door.

"Of course!" Amy answered excitedly.

Luna chuckled and, with an arm around Amy's shoulder, lead the way through the forest behind the shelter and followed the subtle path of flattened down grass towards the clearing.

Amy's eyes went wide. "Wow..." she muttered.

Luna chuckled at the nine-year-old's expression. It was the same expression she carried when she first stumbled across the place. It seemed to be perfectly made just for her.

The trees stood around in a circle and the stream flowed perfectly at the side, the sounds of trickling water and birds relaxing. The sun always seemed to shine golden sunlight through the trees and at night the moonlight illuminated the circle in white light. One of the trees was even so kind as to grow a perfect branch to the side for Luna to set up her hut. It was like fate that Luna stumbled across the clearing.

"I know," Luna said with a small smile on her face. "Now, sit."

Amy sat down on the grass as she watched Luna disappear into the small, run-down hut before she came out holding a box with, what seemed like, trinkets in it. Luna sat down opposite of the girl and put the box down next to her.

"Yesterday, I skipped school. When I arrived back here, there was this man waiting for me," Luna began her story, trying to keep in a pinch of the wonder Luna had back then. "He wore a dark leather coat and he had this ridiculous eyepatch—"

"Like a pirate?" Amy wondered as she looked up at Luna with wide eyes.

Luna suppressed a smirk. "Exactly like a pirate. He told me he worked for a super secret organization and he wanted to recruit me for a special group of people called the Avengers."

"You mean like the Power Rangers?"

Luna almost burst out laughing at the mental picture of the team in those colorful outfits. "Uh-huh. Precisely." She nodded. "He wanted my help to save the world."

"Does that mean that you're a superhero? Like Wonder Woman?" Amy asked curiously, her eyes widening in excitement. "Do you have superpowers?" she whispered.

Luna didn't say anything as she moved her hand forward towards the stream and pulled back, the water lifting up into the air and flying in a string towards them. She held up her other hand as she made it into a ball. When she looked back at Amy, she was sure she had just blown her mind.

"I have powers," she said. "But I'm not a superhero."

Clearing her throat, she began showing Amy all the scrolls and artifacts inside the small box her brother Derek had brought home from his trips. She began telling the story of the past two days. She did not bother going into the history of the Avatar or about the lost civilization.

"—and then I left." She finished telling Amy a PG version of what had happened. About Fury, Captain America, Iron Man and the rest. She told her about Loki and she told her about Phil Coulson.

Luna had never been the best at making friends her age, and when she did they mostly didn't last. She tried when she was younger, and before her parents' accident she had some friends, yet everyone always seemed to leave after awhile.

For a time, Luna thought it was their fault, that they were jerks and assholes. But eventually she knew it was her fault, that nobody could stand to be around her. She had more luck with adults. She had conversations with her teachers, the ones who didn't hate her, and even her great grandma's nurses she could get along with. Eventually Luna gave up on making friends with her peers.

Luna was eleven when Amy got to the group home. Nobody seemed to know where the five-year-old came from, but no one seemed to be bothered by the mystery. And since most kids and caretakers came and went, Luna decided to take the little girl under her wing, to take care of her and to be her friend. She knew how hard it was to be young and all alone and she didn't want the girl to go through what she went through. And so Amy didn't. She grew up happy and loved, and Luna gained a friend.

The two were laughing happily when suddenly the sky seemed to shake. Then it went quiet, deadly quiet. Luna's gaze was pulled to the sky. The clouds parted and from Manhattan, a beam of blue light shot into the sky. When it reached the clouds, a chasm-like hole opened, the other side dark and filled with stars.

The screams started when hundreds of ships began flying through. From this far away, Luna couldn't precisely see what they were, but she knew they weren't human when beasts as large as a house began flying through.

"The Chitauri..." Luna muttered as it clicked. "Loki's army."

"Go." Amy spoke up.

Luna turned to her and frowned, "what?"

"You gotta help, don't you?"

Luna sighed as she looked at the girl sadly. "They don't need me, they can handle this. Besides, I'm not a hero."

"Bullshit." Amy suddenly said.

Luna raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Where the hell did you learn that?" she exclaimed.

"I don't get it." Amy said. "You know it wasn't your fault that that man died, right? I got that from context and I'm nine."

"Ames, I don't know. It's better if I stay here. I'm useless."

"Then what was the point of that story? Remember when you saved me from those bullies?" Amy asked. "You're already a hero, you're my hero. So, go save the world."

Luna looked at her before looking up at the sky. She could hear the fighting already starting in the streets of Manhattan.

She smiled as she pulled Amy into a tight hug. "I love you, kiddo." She kneeled in front of her, "I want you to go find matron. I don't know if the fight will reach here but I need to know you're safe. I—" her voice wavered. "I might not see you again. So just in case; goodbye."

Luna stood up and put her leather jacket back on, tying her purple plaid flannel around her waist and checked that her twin-daggers were still in place before she took of running, with the help of her air bending, towards the large gaping hole above Manhattan.

• • •

It looked like hell on Earth. Fires burned down bushes and crashed cars blared their alarms loudly. Behind walls and doors Luna could see people hiding for their lives as she looked over the streets from on top of the roof of a building. She stayed low, as to not get spotted by the Chitauri walking and flying over the streets.

Luna waited and watched the battle progress in the center of New York, the Avengers tower looking over everything. She walked through the rubble of destroyed buildings as she looked for survivors and helped them get to safety as she searched for her team. She stumbled over a bike in the middle of the street before she turned the corner and saw the team gathered.

Luna heard a low growling noise approaching and got ready to fight until she saw it was just Bruce Banner arriving on an old motorcycle. He looked worse for wear, his clothes weren't his and they looked too big.

"So, this is all... horrible." He commented as he stepped off and looked around.

"I've seen worse," Romanoff replied.

"Sorry."

"No," she said. "We could use a little worse."

All wrapped up in their riveting conversation, the team didn't seem to notice a stray Chitauri aiming their gun at them a few feet away. Lucky for them, Luna did and she sprinted forward before lifting herself into the air and doing a flip over the alien. She landed behind it and she kicked out her foot, blasting it with air. She lurched forward and stabbed her dagger in its eye. She breathed harshly as she jumped up. This gathered the team's attention. They turned to her and Luna smiled at them.

"I leave for what, thirty minutes? And everything turns to shit?" She chuckled as she walked past the Chitauri, kicking it for good measure and she stood in front of the team.

"You're back." Steve said, a smile on his face. "Thought you were done?"

"Figured y'all would need my help. And I'm not gonna let Brooklyn get destroyed. Queens, maybe. Not Brooklyn. Especially by these crusty aliens," she explained.

"Stark, we got them," Steve spoke into his comms and Romanoff walked up to the girl, handing her a new earpiece.

Luna got the feeling the woman had warmed up to her at least 5% since they had met, she wasn't looking at Luna like she was gonna mess everything up now. Maybe one day Luna would work up to first name basis.

"Banner?" Stark's voice came through.

"And Carter. Like you said." Steve replied.

"Tell them to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you."

In the distance, Stark came flying around the corner in his Ironman suit. Luna's eyes widened as he was followed by one of the humongous flying aliens she had seen earlier flying over New York.

"I-I don't see how that's a party?" Romanoff stammered out as she took a step back.

"Oh, I don't now, all of the parties I've been to looked similar to this." Luna quipped as she tried to ignore her heart hammering in her chest. The beast flying towards them terrified her, but now wasn't really the time for flight. She had to fight.

"What kind of parties do you go to?" Clint said and suddenly Luna realized that she hadn't properly met the last member of the team yet. So, in the midst of battle she turned to him and stuck out her hand.

"Clint Barton, right? Hawkeye? We haven't met," she said and Clint didn't seem bothered by the awful timing as he grinned back and shook her hand.

"Luna Carter, in the flesh, glad to meet you... uh- you got a codename?"

"Guys, really not the time," Steve interrupted them but Luna ignored him.

"No, no. He's right, I don't want people going 'round calling me 'The Elemental' or something. Call me that, I'll snuff you," she said.

"It should be Avatar." Thor stepped forward as he nodded. "It's her proper title."

"That great and all, but can we focus? Big alien coming our way?" Steve said.

Luna rolled her eyes, getting back into fighting stance. "Aye, aye, Captain," she replied jokily.

The team got back into fight modus as the alien was coming dangerously close.

"Dr Banner," Steve said. "Now might be a good time to get angry."

"That's my secret, Captain," Bruce stepped forward and turned his head to look at the team. "I'm always angry." He finished and as he turned towards the monster his body grew and transformed, his skin turning green until The Hulk stood in front of them.

The alien flew closer and The Hulk charged. The two collided harshly, The Hulk got pushed backward but he held his ground, the concrete under his feet breaking as he slowed the alien down. The alien crashed against his hands and it's armor broke as it turned over, lying dead on the ground.

For a moment it was quiet, until another swarm of Chitauri came hurling out of the portal.

"Is this a good time to say I have to go to the bathroom?" Luna joked, although her voice let out how scared she actually was.

"Call it, Captain." Stark said.

Steve didn't hesitate in taking charge. "Alright, listen up." He stood in front of the team, "Until we can close that portal, our priority is containment. Barton, I want you on that roof," Steve said as he pointed to the corner of a building, "Eyes on everything. Stark, you got perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

"Give me a lift?" Barton turned to Stark.

Tony nodded and took a hold of Barton, "Right. Better clench up Legolas." Tony flew up, dropping Barton off at the building before zooming away himself. Luna and the rest kept attentively listening to the Captain.

"Thor, you got to try and bottleneck that portal, slow them down. You got the lightning. Light the bastards up." Thor nodded and stepped back, ready to fly off as he swung his hammer by his side.

"Thor, use electrobolt!" Luna cheered as she prided herself on finally being able to make that joke.

Thor turned to her and nodded, before flying off.

Steve looked at Luna and Romanoff. "Us three, we stay on the ground. We keep the fighting here. And Hulk," He looked up at the big, green, angry Hulk, "Smash." He said and The Hulk smirked before leaping away and smashing everything in sight.

Aliens advanced as Steve, Romanoff and Luna fought them off. Romanoff got knocked down but she quickly got back up and kept fighting. Luna froze a Chitauri shut to the road as Cap swung his shield into its chest. It seemed quiet for a few seconds as the two turned around, coming face to face with Romanoff pointing one of the Chitauri guns at them. It seemed as if she took it from the dead Chitauri at her feet.

"Wow, calm down there, bucko." Luna held up her hands.

Romanoff rolled her eyes as she put down the gun, "Captain," She said, "None of this is going to mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal."

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it." Steve replied.

Luna looked at the agent as she saw a glint in her eyes, "What? What are you thinking?" She asked and the woman smirked.

"Well, maybe it isn't about guns." She said. Finally it seemed as if Steve got the idea too.

"If you want to get up there Nat, you're going to need a ride."

"I got a ride, I could use a boost though. Carter?" She turned to the girl.

"You sure? I mean, I could accidentally drop you." Luna smiled and took a step back as Romanoff did the same.

"Yeah, it's gonna be fun."

As a Chitauri came flying above them, the woman started sprinting. She jumped up and Luna quickly crouched and pushed up, creating a jet of air that pushed Romanoff into the air and onto the alien's back. Steve and Luna watched as Romanoff pushed the alien off the ship and flew it herself.

A powerful blast hit the wall behind Luna and Steve. The two turned quickly and spotted multiple Chitauri making their way over to them, guns ready. Steve and Luna glanced at each other before charging forward, engaging in battle.

Luna bend the water out of her flask into ice daggers and send it into their chests, immediately running after the daggers. She jumped up and kicked a Chitauri in its face before aiming a roundhouse kick at its body, sending out a blast of air. The alien got knocked against a spare piece of rubble and a rusty nail that was sticking out got impaled in its back.

Luna turned to Steve. The man was fighting a load of Chitauri on his own. She took out the daggers from her boots and ran over, fighting side by side with Captain America.

Ironman joined them, swooping in as he aimed his energy blast at the captain's shield. The beam is deflected and a line of Chitauri is blasted in half. He didn't stick around for long, getting back to his task of keeping the perimeter.

The Hulk and Thor were battling the Chitauri foot-soldiers on top of one of the massive, flying aliens while Hawkeye was perched on the corner of a tall building, shooting his upgraded arrows. How he hadn't run out of arrows yet would forever be a mystery. Luna had no idea where Romanoff had gone, but she was sure the woman could handle herself.

Captain America and The Avatar were back to back, fighting off the Chitauri on the ground. The battle was running high, the swarm of Chitauri seemingly unending and even Luna had to admit, she wouldn't be able to go on much longer.

It wasn't much later when military tanks came rolling into the city, helping the police rescue and house the survivors caught between the rubble.

"Captain, Carter." Barton's voice crackled through the comms, his breathing harsh and uneven, "The Bank on 42nd past Madison. They've cornered a lot of civilians."

"We're on it." Steve replied, barely out of breath, all the while Luna was ready to collapse right then and there.

This would go hell of a lot easier if I could bend all the elements, Luna cursed herself in her head.

Steve sighed and began running towards the bank. Luna was about to follow suit, but quickly realised she had no way of keeping up with the guy. So, she concentrated on the air beneath her feet and stepped two inches off the ground. Walking two inches in the air, she used spurts off wind to keep up with Captain America and his ridiculously fast running. In no time, they reached the designated bank.

They arrived through a broken window, and Luna immediately used the water from a random glass and froze it before throwing it at one of the Chitauri. She unfroze the water and safe-stored it in her flask.

It didn't take long before more of his kind joined the fight. They shot their weird, sci-fi laser guns at them but Luna and Steve managed to dive out of the way. Luna landed on the ground and as she looked up, she came face to face with a fully-armed, rapidly beeping, alien bomb. The Chitauri must've been planning to blow the building up.

"Well, that's definitely bad beeping..." Luna stood up and moved away from the explosive, not sure what to do.

A laser hit the wall behind Luna, missing her head by only a few inches and she was quickly immersed back into the fight. Steve and Luna crouched behind an upturned table before Steve kicked it and send it towards the Chitauri. They lost their balance and Steve grabbed one of the two Chitauri before yeeting it off the balcony.

The second alien from the duo charged at Luna, but she was prepared as she ducked its punch and sliced its leg with her dagger. It fell over from the pain and Luna stood over it, taking her two daggers and cutting its chest in an X motion before stabbing it in where she thought its heart was. It was dead, was the important part.

"Everyone, clear out!" The Captain yelled to the trapped civilians as they started running out of the building. He didn't see the Chitauri coming up behind him before it was too late.

The alien attacked him, pulling off his mask as it held him in a chokehold. Steve flipped it over and Luna quickly bend the water from her flask into a giant ice-pick and send it through its chest. It melted and flew back to the flask. Their attention was caught as the bomb began beeping faster, which couldn't mean anything good.

"Bad beeping, Cap, bad beeping." Luna yelled frantically.

Steve grabbed her arm and pulled her towards the window they came in form before jumping out, the building exploding behind them. Luna closed her eyes as she fell through the air. Steve let the car alarm go off as he completely destroyed the roof by falling on it, but Luna was simply levatating in the air.

She slowly opened her eyes and she realized she was hanging off of invisible wind, the only indication that she was bending the wind in her arms was her loose hairs blowing in her face like crazy. She dissolved the ball of wind and fell the last three inches to the ground. Luna rolled onto her back and groaned.

"You okay there, spangles?" She called out. Steve replied in a groan and the girl laughed, standing up before helping Steve off the car. She looked around seeing the people that were trapped, now safe on the streets. I did that. Luna thought with a satisfied smile on her face as she saluted one of the people.

• • •

It didn't take long for the battle to be in full swing once again. Thor had joined Captain America and Luna. Thor was fighting the many Chitauri off with his mighty hammer, the Captain with his shield and Luna with her dagger (and her bending mostly, but the daggers were cooler).

Internally, Luna had a small part of her brain resigned for freaking out over the fact she was fighting side by side with her favorite superhero, Thor. Steve got hit hard but Luna knocked them over with her water-whip. Thor threw his hammer and killed the upcoming Chitauri. For a while, there was no alien in sight.

"Are you ready for another bout?" Thor asked, spinning his hammer in the air.

"What? You getting sleepy?" Steve countered and Thor chuckled.

Luna stepped in, leaning on her knees as she was hunched over, trying to catch her breath.

"Just so you know, being the Avatar doesn't come with magic stamina," She wiped the sweat from her face as she swallowed, still out of breath. "If these aliens don't kill me first, my heart will definitely give out." Thor and Steve looked at her, both with the same amused smile on their face. "I'm serious, I've used the same excuse to get out of P.E for the past two years!"

A voice of hope broke through the thickness of the battle, "I can close it." Romanoff's voice crackled in Luna's ear, "Can somebody copy? I can shut the portal down."

Steve didn't hesitate as he replied, "Do it."

"No, wait!" Stark suddenly began.

"The hell do you mean, wait?" Luna asked bewildered.

"I got a nuke coming in. It's gonna blow in less than a minute... and I know just where to put it." Tony sounded like he was struggling, carrying a nuke on his back and all.

"Have you gone completely insane, Stark?" Luna said harshly before she muttered, "Don't answer that."

The team saw Tony fly into frame before he began lifting upward, towards the giant hole in the sky.

"Stark, you know that's a one-way trip." Steve realized.

Tony didn't pay it any attention, he already knew he wouldn't be coming back in one piece. "Kid, I could use a boost." He said as he struggled to turn the nuke the right way.

"Everybody needs a boost suddenly." She motioned for the group to step back as she moved her arms in circular motions before jumping up and onto an invisible platform in the air.

She climbed higher, pushing the wind under her for a boost until she deemed it high enough and jumped as high as she could, sending a spinning wave of air in Stark's direction, giving him the boost to turn the nuke. She caught herself before she splashed to death on the pavement. She sat on the harsh floor as she and the rest watched as Tony carried the nuke into the portal.

"Close it." Captain America called when Tony didn't return.

And when the portal started to shrink, there was a single gold and red figure pummeling down.

"Son of a gun." Steve breathed out. But their expressions soon turned to worry when it seemed as if Tony just kept falling.

"He's not slowing down." Thor said as he began spinning his hammer, ready to intervene if necessary.

But he didn't have to as suddenly The Hulk leaped towards Stark and plucked him out of the sky, setting him down on the ground.

The team gathered around his unconscious body as Hulk ripped of his helmet.

"Is he breathing?" Steve asked and for a moment it didn't seem like it but The Hulk let out a deafening roar, startling Tony awake as the man gasped for breath.

"What the hell..." Tony let out. "What just happened? Please tell me no one kissed me!"

Luna chuckled in disbeliefs "Who'd wanna kiss you?"

"Says you." Tony muttered in response.

"What was that, St—"

"—Hurray! Good job, guys!" Tony cut her off, "Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day," he suggested. "Have you ever tried shoarma? There's a shoarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I want to try it."

"I could eat," Luna said.

"We're not finished yet," Thor interrupted the delicious talk about food, gesturing towards the Stark tower, where Loki still was.

The Avengers gathered around Loki as he tried to climb up a few stairs. Luna coughed and he turned around, coming face to face with 7 angry faces and Hawkeye's arrow pointed at his face.

"If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now."

• • •

"So kid, what are you gonna do?" Tony asked as the two stood at the railing overlooking a beautiful, glittering lake.

The team had just said their goodbyes to Thor as he took Loki and the Tesseract back to Asgard. Steve took off on his motorcycle and Natasha probably went back to work. Luna had no idea what the woman did in her free time, but at least they are on first name basis now. Bruce was gonna stay with Tony for a while, until he found someplace better. Luna, however, had an entirely different plan in mind.

"I was just gonna go back to the home, see Amy and stuff." She began casually before adding quickly, "and file for emancipation from my legal guardian but whatever."

"You're going to do what?" Tony asked wide-eyed.

Luna sighed. "Look, I need to do something and I can't have people on my ass the entire time. Besides, I've been looking after myself since I was eight. I'll be fine."

"Where are you gonna go that's so important?" Tony's began walking towards his fancy car and stepped in.

"Someplace from one of my past life's."

"One of your what?"

Luna simply smiled as she waved.

Tony shook his head as he drove off with Bruce in the passenger seat.

It was time for Luna to go her own way. Amy was safe and loved and the world was safe once again. Now it was the time for Luna Carter to learn about her past, to learn about the history of the entire world. And what better way to do that than to find the Southern Air Temple? Besides, traveling on her own across the world should be a fun adventure.

What could go wrong?

Luna Carter will return in Age of Ultron

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 607 25
"The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people to see if they could become something more. To see if they could work together when we n...
2.9K 160 8
In a world before Captain America emerged from his icy slumber, there existed a girl named Y/N, born with the extraordinary ability to command the el...
1.3K 71 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...
517K 17.9K 76
Marlene. No last name. No backstory. Nothing. She falls from the sky, landing straight into the lives of the Avengers. Now, she finally has a purpose...