easy for you to say « f.weasl...

By moonstonecult

❝ a darkness that holds me, and loves when I bleed, it locks all the doors and then hides all the keys... More

EASY FOR YOU TO SAY
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.

55.

6.2K 272 94
By moonstonecult

•♡•♡•

THE DAYS FOLLOWING THE STARTLING outburst from the usually level-headed Ravenclaw in the favor of Harry Potter, it seemed that more and more people finally began to realize there was nothing more to do about him being in the tournament than to get over themselves. Whether it was because they truly believed Harry's innocence, or if they just became rather fearful of being subjected to a phoenix-feather cored wand at their necks – Harry was definitely in a better mood than the week prior. And in turn, Rebecca too, walked the corridors far happier at the sight of the boy's easy smile. Of course, as per usual, the smile didn't last very long.

She had been making her way back from the library, on the hunt for Cedric to continue their search for Adrienne Samson within Hogwarts – hoping to finally corner her without her father's looming presence. Then she came to a stop, stuttering in her steps at the sight of Fred speaking to a Hufflepuff not too far away from the corner's bend.

There was a sudden inkling tugging in her chest, begging her inner resolve not to blow things out of proportion – just ask him – but Rebecca only kept her distance to watch them both intently. The Hufflepuff was nodding, and the smile that spread across Fred's face was unbearably happy. He too then nodded quickly, looking as if he was thanking the short brunette profusely as she gave him another nod and pearly smile before she was turning away. Rebecca chewed her bottom lip nervously, completely floundering on what to do in such a situation – and if she should even consider such an interaction as a situation that needed further thought. Thankfully, her mind-saving distraction came in the form of a fourth year Gryffindor.

"You've been summoned with the all champions to the Champions' Chambers," Hermione informed her meekly, "it seems that they want you for an interview...?"

"It best not be with the blasted Rita Skeeter bitc–"

"Unfortunately so," The girl nodded with a faint grimace, "she's already begun questioning Cedric, and Harry's next – but you were called in last minute at her personal request."

"That's tough," Rebecca scoffed lowly, jumping slightly at the arm that had gently encircled her waist from behind – a flash of ginger in her peripheral letting her relax, "I'm not telling that hag anything, let alone giving her the option to write of me with her twisted words."

"Harry and Cedric already said they weren't going to speak of you while you weren't in the room," Hermione offered with a pleasant smile, "so you don't need to worry of them."

"Oh, I'm not worried," The Ravenclaw smiled, shaking her head, "she should be worried if anything – should she write anything else about me I can file against her for public defamation and for publishing a minor's personal information without their parents' permission for a second time."

"You've really gotten into Wizarding Law, haven't you?" Fred mused quietly by her ear, looking rather impressed with her calm words.

"Well, I've got to go, there's plenty of S.P.E.W research I want to get done," Hermione rushed out, stealing a glance at her watch before between the both of them, "see you later?"

"Have you eaten?" Rebecca called out as she rushed away, gaining a quick thumbs up from the scurrying fourth year before she was disappearing around the corner.

"Finally – all to myself," Fred murmured happily after a moment, spinning her within his embrace so they faced one another, "how've you been, love?" he questioned, giving her a soft peck to the lips.

"Peachy keen, thanks," She chuckled quietly, slowly looping both her arms around his neck, "and you?"

"Better now."

"An utter sap, Weasley," Rebecca uttered teasingly, still growing giddy beneath her skin regardless, "you've lost your usual confidence again."

"Trust me, I haven't," Fred hummed, leaning down once more to lay another kiss to her smiley mouth which only got her grinning wider, "I'm just saving up quite a bit of it for our date."

"Speaking of that date...."

"You're not being told what it is nor what it consists of," He quickly interjected pointedly, letting out a stifled laugh when she let out a slight whine, "it's a surprise – you love those."

"I only love them when I'm not the one receiving them," Rebecca mumbled off-handedly.

"That's tough luck, buttercup," Fred beamed, pulling away enough to take ahold of her hand and intertwine their fingers, "now c'mon then, I'm hungry and I know you haven't eaten yet either."

"Will these pet names be a constant with you?" She teased, beginning to swing their joint hands between themselves as he led them down the corridor, "because if so – I just might have to think of some myself to use on you."

"I find them oddly endearing," He admitted with a small shrug, not breaking their hands apart as he lifted his arm to rest around her shoulders and gently tug her into his side, "back to the topic our date – November 22nd is the day," He continued when she began nodding, "I know it's a bit far-off, but I'd be very happy should you meet me in the Great Hall for breakfast."

"We'll be sneaking off to Hogsmeade, right?" Rebecca questioned lowly, peering up intently only to get no sort of change on his facial features, "oh, c'mon, just a hint?"

"A hint," Fred pondered it playfully, humming to himself for a short time, ignoring the pleading look that graced her features, "well, it's partially including your newest obsession – and that's all I'll say."

"Newest obsession," She murmured quietly, repeating the two words a few times as she thought of it with furrowed eyebrows, "I'm honestly drawing a blank, you've got to be more specific."

Fred only pretended to zip his mouth shut with his free hand, dropping her a sly wink instead. Rebecca let out an exaggerated sigh when he didn't crack under the continued pleading look she gave him – sinking further into his side, smothering the smile threatening to spread across her lips.

*

The morning of November 22nd, the Sunday before the first task of the Tournament – after waking up far earlier on a weekend than usual – Rebecca found herself sat atop her mattress, in the middle of the four-poster bed still in her pajamas. She was curled into the hoodie she had stole from Roan when he visited her at The Leaky Cauldron, thinking long and hard about numerous things. He had yet to write to her – the last thing he sent being a 'have fun and be safe' letter before the Quidditch World Cup. So it was nearing almost two months of radio silence. Of course, she understood why – he was most likely still setting up his life as a new adult and away from his mother – but the uneasy feeling Rebecca would get in her stomach at the thought of another day in silence from her brother; the more she worried.

At the sight of their dormmate seemingly losing her mind, lost in her own thoughts and far too silent – both Lisa and Rosie had jumped out of their beds, rushing around the dormitory and gathering products and clothing from their dressers. Rosie cleared her desk – which she used partially as a vanity – and Lisa was already moving towards her cabinet. Rebecca had accidentally let the news of her and Fred's date – their first official date – just days prior, and seeing as the girl was yet to even get up from her bed; her darling dormmates decided they'd take matters into their own hands.

"Alright, I'm thinking – this pair of trousers," Lisa held up a pair of brown corduroy trousers, lifting a white collared blouse in her other hand, "and this shirt – but," putting the two hangers together, she used her now freed hand to yank out a deep grey crewneck from her own wardrobe, "with this over top so just the collar peeks out the top."

"With your black trainers as well – that is a first date outfit guaranteed to get you another," She insisted with a grin, setting the picked outfit out onto her bed before placing her hands atop her hips to look at the girl expectingly, "whatcha think?"

"Brilliant," Rebecca blurted out, eyes slightly wide but nodding quickly as her face grew happier, "it's far better than anything I could've picked out – thank you."

"Nonsense," Rosie snorted, quickly patting her desk chair and ushering the raven-haired girl over, "c'mon now, I think doing your hair in plaits would be really adorable."

"Oh, you don't have to –"

"We don't have to, but can we?" She questioned softly, holding her hairbrush close to her chest hopefully, "we just really want this date to go great for you."

Lisa nodded rapidly in agreement from her place at the end of her bed, she too looking on hopefully. Rebecca remained silent for a moment, that odd feeling returning tenfold within her chest before she was absentmindedly standing up from her bed. Nearing both Rosie and Lisa, she tossed her arms around them, giving their shoulders a small squeeze with either of her arms. The two unsuspecting girls froze abruptly, eyes wide as saucers before they were squealing and jumping in their places – an arm each wound around Rebecca's waist. When they all pulled away, grinning like idiots, Rebecca was ushered into Rosie's chair and her dark curls were being pulled back and out of her face. It took mere minutes to get fully dressed and ready – and after having to give a full spin for Lisa to applaud to – she was set.

"Thank you both," Rebecca began bashfully, clutching onto the small bag Abby had agreed to lend her, "truly – it's far beyond –"

"Oh stop being such a Hufflepuff –" Lisa waved her off dismissively, grinning brightly, "you know we're always here for date makeovers," She set her hands atop her hips once more, "and we want to hear all about it when you get back, missy."

The sixth year Ravenclaws all shared another quick group hug, and with another round of thanks that went waved away again – Rebecca stepped out of the dorm and exited the common room, all in a short time. The trek towards the Great Hall was always the same, yet somehow – it felt longer now, and her heart was thundering within her ribcage with every step she took forward. After taking in a short reassuring breath to steel her nerves, she stepped through the double doors; exhaling slowly as she let her eyes scan the students within the Hall. Immediately, like what had become the norm, her gaze was sent on the Gryffindors in seconds. Almost immediately when spotting her incoming shadow, George had reached over and swatted at Fred's back – earning himself a panicked look that he simply grinned at. Fred turned, ready to scold his twin brother, before catching his gaze and fully turning around.

"I – you look – wow," He suddenly stammered, his cheeks growing profusely red as he staggered from his seat to stand up as she neared.

"Thank you," Rebecca chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of her arm as the goosebumps rose under her own fingertips, "you look nice as well."

Fred had barely spared a glance down to himself – his clothing wasn't nearly as eye catching as he thought hers to be. Though, in clearing his throat, he flashed a grateful smile regardless before gesturing to the seat he had left open. George and Lee, both who were clearly amused at the usual, sudden lack of confidence Fred seemed to have in her presence – stifled their laughs and shared looks with Ginny and Alicia from across the table. Rebecca sat down, greeting each them timidly and with a small smile, Fred finally stepping into the seat by her side.

"I don't think I've ever seen Fred so tongue-tied," Ginny mused wistfully, propping her chin up with her palms before she smirked at her older brother, "it's quite refreshing."

"Shut it," The older twin whispered in warning, his cheeks growing even redder.

They all shared breakfast together that day – the others having the time of their lives teasingly picking on the couple's every action or short words rather than enjoying their sheer company. Though, in knowing it was all in good fun, they both didn't really think anything of it. Fred had easily taken Rebecca's hand beneath the table, running his thumb along her knuckles as she conversed animatedly with Ginny over an article in Witch Weekly – something to do with the women in Quidditch. He was practically deaf to the rest of them; unable to help himself in staring fondly at her side profile – practically buzzing at the sight of the new crinkles by the corners of her eyes or slight raise to her nose that appeared when she laughed.

"Ready?" He had questioned her quietly, sending a brief apologetic look to Ginny for interrupting their conversation before looking back to his girlfriend, "we've got tons to do."

"Ready," Rebecca smiled and nodded.

Fred stood from his seat in poorly-hidden excitement, not releasing her hand as she followed his actions and clambered out of her own seat. After bidding their friends goodbye, he grinned and began leading them towards the Great Hall's exit. Though, just as they made it out of the double doors, the same Hufflepuff girl from a few weeks ago was running up to them with a call of their names. Her face was slightly flushed and chest heaving a bit as she skidded to a stop. Rebecca eyed the girl momentarily, subtly glancing to Fred who still remained smiling – though looked a bit embarrassed. It was then that the girl had presented a bunch of white flowers from behind her back, tied at the stems with a blue ribbon.

"Ran a bit late, I'm sorry," She squeaked out bashfully, offering them up to the Ravenclaw who still eyed her wearily, "they were supposed to be delivered to your dorm before you went down for breakfast – but all the owls kept being difficult so I just brought them here."

"I –"

"That's completely alright – thanks, Tilly," Fred interjected with a smile, digging into his pocket momentarily before counting out some coins in his palm and handing them to the younger girl, "here you are, just as promised."

He said nothing more, only watching as Rebecca took the outstretched flowers gently and with an apologetic smile – seeing as Tilly was still rather out of breath from her scurrying. The Hufflepuff only smiled in return, giving a slight wave before she too was disappearing into the Great Hall.

"I wanted them to be delivered to you just as you woke up," Fred admitted quietly, his cheeks beginning to tint pink again, "but I don't blame Tilly, as long as you got them, you know?"

"They're beautiful, thank you, Fred," Rebecca smiled, lifting the flowers to her nose to inhale a bit of their sweet perfume, "that's really sweet of you."

"That –" He pointed to the bouquet in her hold, "is only the beginning," When her eyebrow rose slightly, he grinned, "With the proper permission, we don't have to sneak down to Hogsmeade – Dumbledore seemed rather lenient this time."

"You're joking," She let out a short breath, a smile curling up her lips excitedly, "I really get to ride down to the village in one of those stupidly large carriages?"

"The full experience of Hogsmeade," Fred nodded, smiling as he moved to begin leading them both towards the queue of students already waiting outside the castle, "c'mon then – much to see, much to do."

"Wait," Rebecca chuckled, digging in the heels of her shoes slightly to bring them back to a full-stop right before the exit of the castle.

Though, before he could playfully protest that their day would waste away, she had already connected their lips. Fred smiled immediately into the surprise kiss, chuffed at the growing boldness she was beginning to possess before he was settling his hands gently atop her hips. Rebecca slowly looped both her arms around his shoulders, careful not to whack him with the bouquet in her grasp. He ducked down a bit lower, grinning again when he moved to deepen the kiss slightly.

Though, with a sudden flash of white that made it through their shut eyes, they pulled back quickly. A woman with white hair, elaborately curled and set up, smiled sickly sweet at them both, immediately beginning to near the couple as she left her cameraman a few feet back. She wore thick, jeweled spectacles, her large hands clutching a crocodile-skin handbag that contrasted greatly against her bright red nail polish.

"Rita Skeeter – a pleasure," She announced to them both, holding out one of her hands, though it seemed to be just in Rebecca's direction.

Though, when the Ravenclaw ignored her outstretched hand, she then turned it to Fred and forcibly shook his limp hand instead.

"And...who might you be, sweet cheeks?" She crooned up at the ginger teen with a smile, his arm slowly tightening around his girlfriend's waist as he grew uncomfortable.

"Fred Weasley," He answered quietly, wearily watching the woman as she practically hounded them.

The green quill that floated at her side quickly scribbled down his name onto a matching, floating notebook, halting and peering up to wait further words or instructions. Rita looked between the two, still smiling before she was humming.

"Are you two going out on a little date down to the village?" She questioned nonchalantly, "how long have you been dating?" She asked again, still falling short of an answer, "Is it real serious? Either one of you said those three special words yet?"

Already tired of the blatant tries for information, Rebecca merely ignored the woman once again – giving a slight bump to Fred's hip with her own to silently gesture him away. Without a word, or even a look back, the Ravenclaw stepped out of the castle with the Gryffindor at her side – who was still trying to smother a laugh between his pursed lips.

"You should've seen her face when you turned away," Fred snorted, chuckling as they stepped into the line for a carriage, "what a great start to our date."

"Sorry 'bout that hag –"

He quickly silenced her apology with another kiss, grinning smugly when she easily gave into the action that was to politely shut her up. However, there was a loud, awkward cough from behind that had them pulling apart just as quick – Rebecca's face growing warm as she tried to hide the mortification in Fred's shoulder. He only chuckled, stepping them both forward before grasping the next carriage's door handle and gesturing her in first.

"My...I didn't realize I was dating such a gentleman," Rebecca hummed teasingly as she stepped in and took a seat on the plush cushions of the carriage, scooting over slightly so he could sit by her side, "Compliments, flowers, and holding doors open – what's next? Chocolates or a serenade?"

Fred smiled, playfully rolling his eyes as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, leaning in to peck her temple as the horses began pulling them forward, "anything for my girl."

•♡•♡•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.7K 53
"YOU, WINNIFRED BLACK, ARE EXTRAORDINARY. WITH ONE TEAR, YOU CAN SAVE A LIFE." cedric diggory x fem!oc to fred weasley x fem!oc
96.5K 2.6K 10
❝And where Olivia Weasley went, chaos followed❞ pls dont read this is so bad [golden trio era || harry×oc] [all rights go to JK terf Rowling, I own n...
225K 4.9K 70
𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄? 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐓, 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏, 𝐎𝐑 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃...
248K 3.7K 15
title says it all, hope you enjoy x