๐”๐ง๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐‹๐จ...

By namjoons_miss_right

Kim Namjoon, a 27-year old multi-billionaire CEO and owner of one of the most prominent fashion companies in... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Author's Note (Updated)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Author's Note
Teaser: Fighting For Love
Questions, Opinions, and Suggestions for Zuki
Announcement

Chapter 10

2K 111 57
By namjoons_miss_right

Author's POV

After minutes of waiting at the benches, Seoyeon and Hwayoung heard a familiar voice calling Hwayoung's name. Looking around, Hwayoung was the first one to spot Namjoon jogging over their place, so she smiled and ran to her father with arms wide open. The moment they both reached each other, Namjoon's hug engulfed Hwayoung tightly as he release a deep sigh of relief upon seeing his daughter.

"My princess," He hummed in delight, seizing the hug. "Please don't do that again. Daddy almost died from worry and frustration." He added jokingly with tears welling in his eyes.

That sight warmed Seoyeon's heart, making her smile softly. She knows deep down that her boss is still kindhearted, and now she can see that, even just a pinch. Not wanting to ruin their moment, she just quietly stood up and walked away, towards the supermarket, until she heard a call which made him stop.

"Seoyeon!" Taehyung called, you can hear the joy in his voice upon seeing his niece and also the love of his life.

"Oh, Taehyung." She smiled. "Hey, nice to see you here." She added when the male is now in front of him.

"I've heard that you found Hwayoung. Thank you so much for that, Seoyeon. You don't know how glad we are, especially hyung, when you said that you found my niece." He uttered with a sign of relief on his way of speaking.

"I'm sure that anyone would do the same, Taehyung." She answered, but then sooner notice Namjoon walking over with Hwayoung in his arms.

"Are you leaving already?" Namjoon asked, which bewildered her to hear his kind voice for the first time.

"Yes, sir. Hwayoung is now in good hands, she won't be needing me beside her anymore." She replied, glancing over the child who smiled at her. "I also have to go somewhere else, so I hope you will now enjoy. If you excuse me, sir, Hwayoung, and Taehyung." Seoyeon bowed and was about to turn around until...

"Wait, don't go yet." Namjoon stated, catching the attentions of the three which made him gulp slightly from embarrassment. "I-I mean, join us for lunch. It's the least I can do to show my gratitude for finding my daughter."

"Thank you for the offer, sir, but I have to decline it. Besides, seeing Hwayoung safe is what matters." She kindly insisted, so Namjoon nodded defeatedly.

Bowing for the third time, she finally walked inside the supermarket while the three are left at the same spot. Taehyung followed Seoyeon with his eyes before gazimg back at his hyung. And surprisingly, Namjoon's eyes were also plastered on Seoyeon's frame until she's out of sight.

"I wish Ms. Park stayed with us." Hwayoung mumbled sadly.

*****

Saturday's events were very exhausting but gladly for Namjoon and Hwayoung, they recovered from it. Sunday became their rest day, meaning that they only stayed at home for the whole day, to either do Hwayoung's assignments or just to simply rest. Now is another day, Monday to be precise, which means that it's work day for Namjoon while school day for Hwayoung. And just like the usual mornings, Namjoon and Taehyung are having breakfast while Hwayoung is still fast asleep.

"Taehyung," Namjoon suddenly called to the male who is quietly enjoying his meal while skimming through the net.

"Yes, hyung?" Taehyung answered, glancing momentarily at Namjoon.

Throwing his hesitation, Namjoon took a deep breath and faced Taehyung. He has no choice, only his brother knows the answer.

"About my secretary," He initiated, to which Taehyung nodded as he place down his phone to give his attention.

"What about my Seoyeonie?" He asked with a smile, just at the thought of Seoyeon's name already makes him happy.

"Since you and Jungkook have been a lot closer to her, I think it's right that you could answer my question." Namjoon answered, leaving confusion on his brother. "You see, I want to show her my gratitude for finding Hwayoung. Do you have any suggestions?" He casually asked as he sip his tea, slightly blushing as well.

"Hmm.... A suggestion, you say." Taehyung hummed as he rub his chin, thinking. "Well, what do you want to know exactly about her?"

"Anything that could help me think of how I will show my gratitude." Namjoon shrugged.

"What about treat her for lunch? Or maybe coffee, because she once told me that she enjoys eating lunch at the café near our building." Taehyung suggested, remembering about his conversation with Seoyeon when they had lunch together.

"That sounds good. Do you perhaps know the name of that specific café?" Namjoon asked, to which Taehyung nodded in agreement.

"It's the café that is two blocks away from our company building. Impresso Espresso is the name of it." And Namjoon tried to take note of it as he take his last of tea.

"Thank you, Taehyung. I hope you won't mind if I borrow my secretary today." He joked and Taehyung chuckled as he playfully nudge his brother.

Now, Namjoon knows what to do. Hopefully it goes as plan.

*****

The morning has come to an end, and the employees are starting to prepare for lunch. Some are clearing their desk. Some are having their small chit-chat to where they would spend their lunch break. And among those busy bees, Seoyeon is also starting to prepare.

"Ms. Park, are you going to join us for lunch?" One of the Marketing Managers, Ms. Lee, asked as she peek from the corner where their desks are placed.

"Yup! I'll just finish organizing my desk. Wait for me." But as she was about to continue, the beeper suddenly notified, telling her that her boss is called her. "Uh, Ms. Lee—"

"Aish, go on. We'll wait for you at the lobby." Ms. Lee smiled, knowing that this happens a lot.

With that, Seoyeon bowed to her and took her planner before going inside the office. The moment she entered, the strong aroma of wood already surrounded her. No wonder, Namjoon likes the woody scent because it makes him feel calm and peaceful, as if he's in the mountains or forest. To be honest, his office is not that full. She concluded that her boss is somewhat a minimalist because all he has in his office are the following: his desk, a cabinet of the company's achievements and legal rights, a set of sofa and coffee table with a carpet, a mini book shelf filled with books that she's sure she wouldn't understand, and lastly, portraits of him and his family on the free wall.

"Yes, sir, you were calling me? What can I do for you?" She asked in politeness in her manner as she watch Namjoon focus on his laptop screen.

"Do I have any scheduled appointments this lunch?" He asked while glancing at her.

"None, sir. Your only scheduled appointment for this day is in 4 pm, which is a meeting with the CEO of Golden Closet." She informed, to which he nodded.

"Is the presentation for the meeting, done?"

"Yes, sir. I already finalized the document and checked it thrice. I just need to print it out."

"Good." He nodded, a little bit hesitant on how he will ask her for lunch.

How should he do it? I mean, he's been practicing on how to tell her about it, but now, it felt as if his lips are pursed close. On the other hand, Seoyeon just quietly stood there upon waiting for her boss' signal for her to leave. She's a bit confused why Namjoon is sweating even though the AC is working pretty well. Slightly concern, she decided to ask him.

"Sir—"

"Join me for lunch." He suddenly bursted out nonchalantly that left Seoyeon to stiffly stand there.

"W-What?"

"I already said what I said." Namjoon stated as he tried to supress the blush in his face. "Let's go." He ordered as he stood up from his swivel chair.

Too lost in her thoughts, she was still standing at the same spot until Namjoon called her again, that made her snap the fudge out of it. She brisked out of the office and took her hand bag, that was gifted to her by Namjoon and Hwayoung, then rushed to walk beside Namjoon who kept a straight face. She's so bewildered on why her boss suddenly asked her to join him for lunch. Why? Simply because Namjoon would either skip lunch or eat lunch alone in his office. If not those two, it's because Taehyung would bug his brother to join him for lunch. That's what she noticed from the four years of her service here in the company as Namjoon's secretary.

"Sir, uhm, where are you planning to eat? Should I call the restaurant to ask for reservations?" She asked, breaking the awkward silence between them inside the elevator.

"I want to eat in a café, any suggestions?" He casually asked.

"Ah! I know a nice café near the company." Seoyeon chirped, thinking about her favorite café, but it surprised Namjoon to see her that giddy for the first time.

Well, if you are always with a cold-hearted and rude boss, would you be giddy? Of course not! Noticing the weird atmosphere, Seoyeon coughed and lowered her head to hide her blushing state.

"Where is that café?" Namjoon asked, now trying to cut the silence.

"The café's name is Impresso Espresso, sir." She answered. "It is located two blocks from the company building. Do you want me to call the driver?" And Namjoon just answered a nod.

Seoyeon then did what she has to do and only messaged the driver since the signal inside the elevator is a little weak. From the tenth floor, the elevator slowly reached the sixth, fifth, fourth, until an unexpected surprise occured. The elevator, it stopped right in the middle of the third and fourth floor. It made the two panic a little, because what are the odds of being stuck in an elevator together?

"What happened?" Namjoon blurted as he look around, panic starts to exalt in him.

"Sir, I think there's a problem with the electrical system because the security camera is also off." She answered while checking the insides of the elevator. "There's also no phone signal, so I can't really contact anyone at the moment. But don't worry, sir, I'll find a way to get us out of here." She assured as she hold her phone high and tiptoe to find a signal.

However, when Namjoon didn't respond, Seoyeon turned around to face him, only to see him tightly gripping on the railing while sweating hardly. She could see panic in his eyes as it flicks from side to side. His breathing became heavy and uneven. This is the first time she saw Namjoon in this situation. Worryingly, she then held Namjoon's shoulder to get his attention.

"Sir, is everything okay? What's wrong?" She asked but Namjoon was too much in panic to answer her.

She was surprised when Namjoon held her wrist as he slip down in a sitting position on the floor. Seoyeon is thankful that she decided to wear her slacks instead of a skirt. She then knelt down in front of him and tried to gently tap his cheek to get his attention. Gladly, he's facing her now but he is still having his panic attacks.

"Sir, please look at me and try to breathe slowly." She instructed while showing him the proper rhythm. "Inhale.... Exhale.... Inhale.... Exhale...." And they did that for almost two minutes until Namjoon gradually started to calm down.

Seoyeon then took her handkerchief and wiped Namjoon's sweat while hushing him. Namjoon did nothing but to just stare at her as he tries to cope with the rhythm of her breathing. He can clearly see worry in her eyes, but why? He had always been rude and bossy to her, why is she showing this much kindness? He can still understand if she is being kind to Hwayoung, but he can't see the point of his secretary being this concerned towards him. And then, he started to hear the loud pound of his heart as he watch Seoyeon move swiftly on folding her handkerchief. What is this feeling? It's the second time, if he's not mistaken, or maybe third? He's so confused.

"Sir, are you feeling better?" She asked softly, eyes are observing him.

Instead of answering her, he just stared at her with questions running in his mind. Then surprisingly, the elevator suddenly beeped and the lights became more brighter.

"The power is back." She sighed as she check the elevator to continue its way down on the ground floor.

Seoyeon was about to move back but Namjoon held tight of her wrist and pulled her close to him. That action caused Seoyeon to yelp a little as she land on him. Her hands are on his shoulder as Namjoon's hands steadily held her waist, now faces are inches away.

"S-Sir, what are you doing...." She stuttered but Namjoon didn't do anything but to just stare at her.

At that exact moment, the elevator door suddenly opened, taking their eyes away and to the one standing outside. Oh no, it's Taehyung.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 32 11
Hello Army, This is my first time writing a fanfiction. I hope that you all like it and sorry for any mistakes.
217K 12.4K 57
when jisoo's family company is going bankrupt, her father made a deal with a business partner and set her up into a marriage TWICE at only 20 years o...
590K 22.4K 47
Y/N hasn't talked to her parents since they shipped her off to America at the age of 6 to be raised by a nanny. All grown up with a business of her o...
134K 5.4K 34
โIf anyone finds out about this we are both going down, Y/N โž- Kim Namjoon ____ A ruthless, cold hearted 24 year old Kim Namjoon head of a famous com...