Aesthete

By kaywritingbooks

This story is about an OC character of mine, Florence Reyna is an American transfer student molded to become... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32 - Bakugo 1
Chapter 33 - Bakugo 2
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Bakugo 3
Chapter 36 - Bakugo 4
Chapter 37 - Bakugo 5
Bakugo Birthday Special
Chapter 39 - Izuku 1
Chapter 40 - Izuku 2
Chapter 41 - Izuku 3
Chapter 42 - Izuku 4
Chapter 43 - Izuku 5
Chapter 44 - Bakugo 6
Chapter 45 - Bakugo 7
Chapter 46 - Kaminari
Chapter 47 - Bakugo 8
Chapter 48 - Jirou
Chapter 49 - Bakugo 9
Chapter 50 - Bakugo 10
Closing Note.

Chapter 11.

387 23 16
By kaywritingbooks

I turned the doorknob to the room that I knew Uraraka was at; Midoriya and Iida were behind me.

When I saw her standing in the center of the room, she turned, giving me a huge smile.

"I almost had him!" She cried out, slamming a fist into her palm. I nodded, nearing her to gauge her expression.

She was on the verge of tears, but she nearly had me fooled that she was feeling alright. I squeezed her hand, saying, "Come back to the viewing room when you're ready," in the softest voice I could muster.

Midoriya began speaking to her while I nudged Iida with my shoulder.

"Mind telling me your game plan to defeat me?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows.

Iida chuckled, "Now where's the fun in fighting you if I tell you my strategy?"

"Well my strategy is to jam apple juice into your engines, what do you think of that?"

His chuckling turned into full-blown howling. When he got himself settled down, he only readjusted his glasses and chopped his arm through the air, "That wasn't so polite, Reyna."

"You know I'm kidding."

He left to talk to Uraraka privately when I watched Midoriya leaving.

That's right. He's competing against Todoroki right now. He's probably going to hurt himself.

My legs moved without my permission, I left the room and followed him down the hall that would take him to the arena.

I'm sure he heard me, but I knew he wanted me to make the first move.

Call me Bakugo because I refuse to swallow my pride.

Fine. I'll make the exception.

"Midoriya." He faced me, lips etched into a frown.

"Reyna?"

I stepped closer, holding one of his sizable hands in my two palms.

I whispered, "You hurt me. You're the first person I considered a friend, I trusted you. You went and told Todoroki I was weak-minded. Even if you're right, why do you look down on me that way?"

"I promise I didn't mean it like that. When I said that, I was referring to how you walk around in sadness like you deserve it. You barely started smiling, but when you didn't, you would hold yourself back like you didn't deserve to be happy."

He took his hand away from mine before cupping my face, eyes hardening into frustration.

"I can tell bad things have happened to you. Why are you holding yourself back from moving on? Let yourself be, Florence. That's what I meant by weak-minded, it's only a facade. You know you're strong." He finished, before releasing a deep breath and stepping away.

I closed the space he created, almost feeling like if I let him slip away, I'd throw my entire friendship with him as the distance grew wider.

"Izuku?"

"Florence?"

"Thank you." I rearranged the collar of his uniform, hoping he understood what I thanked him for.

As I stepped back, he grabbed my wrist, thumb grazing over the bone that jutted out from the odd angle of my hand.

"That cheer uniform." I narrowed my eyes at his sentence, "What about it?" I asked, trying to figure out what he was getting at.

"Orange is a pretty color on you."

I blushed, unused to compliments from anyone. "Thanks." He let go, as Present Mic screamed his name as the introduction.

"Win, Izuku!" I yelled out, giving him a small smile.

What a disaster.

I had ran back to my small corner underneath the stadium, hoping I'd be able to see the closest details of the battle.

Todoroki only shot different assortments of ice towards Izuku.

What pained me was that Izuku shattered the bones of his finger stopping each wave of ice.

They were yelling at each other, but it was hard to hear over the grating of the ice and the crash of debris with Izuku's powerful quirk.

They kept at it, ice being thrown, fingers being broken until I realized Todoroki's arm began twitching while Izuku's fingers were dripping with blood.

This is so hard to look at.

I winced, feeling my stomach twist into nasty cramps that flew around my lower body, forcing me to sit down and continue watching the battle.

Midoriya landed a punch in at some point, driving Todoroki to crash into the ice wall behind him.

They were having a conversation but it was hard to tell the exchange, my ears were beginning to ring.

"It's your quirk, not his!" Izuku cried out, jaw clenched with perseverance.

Oh. They're speaking of Endeavor's control over Todoroki's way of life. Even when Todoroki rebelled against his father's wishes, he was showing that the pro-hero still had dictation over Todoroki's happiness by the anger the heterochromatic boy held.

Flames erupted from Todoroki's body at once.

I jumped to my feet, immediately. Izuku's going to get really hurt.

Sparks flew off Izuku's distorted, purple arm as they jumped towards each other.

Cementoss and Midnight appeared at the edge of the square box they fought in, the Cement Hero was trying his hardest to form the multiple walls to stop the impact that might harm audience members.

My feet seemed to be molded to the ground, I couldn't move as the events unfolded.

Right when the final wall was created, Todoroki and Izuku landed their blows. Fire, ice, and gusts of wind shattered Cementoss's walls as the shards flew into the air.

Where is he?! I can't see him!

The force of their quirks blew my body back meters into the small tunnel, I groaned, stumbling to my knees weakly.

Who won?

I ran back towards the light at the end of the passway, seeing Izuku's frame jammed into the wall, body broken as he fell into unconsciousness.

"Izuku Midoriya is out of bounds!"

With that, I took off running to Recovery Girl's room.

He got there after I did, Recovery Girl didn't seem surprised when I entered. She was looking at the screen that showed off the events of the Festival.

"Come here child, help me set up for him when he arrives."

I nodded, arranging the bed and bringing water with pain medication to the bedside table. I added an extra pillow, remembering how last time he and I were with Recovery Girl, he took my pillow from me because I had it thrown away from my body.

Cementoss carried him in, he was still unconscious.

"Izuku." I whispered, frowning at how injured he was.

He was laid down on the bed, Cementoss waved to Recovery Girl and I before leaving.

Recovery Girl began puckering her lips and riddling his body with smooches to heal him.

She only left one of his arms with slight injuries, wrapping him in a cast before placing a sling on him.

"Reyna, he's going to wake up soon so can you step out quickly while I scold him?"

"Yes, ma'am." I was now in the hallway, sitting on the tiles as I tried to regulate my breathing.

As confident as I tried to come off, going against someone as fast as Iida scared me.

Before I could dwell more, the door opened and Recovery Girl smiled softly.

I patted her shoulder before rushing in, yanking the curtain as Izuku looked at me with a small pout.

"I tried my best, but of course he beat me."

"You did that for his sake, didn't you? To help him grow out of not using his fire."

He nodded, eyes looking down in disappointment. "I still wanted to win, though." I sat next to his bed, leaning my head on his shoulder to show that I was there to support him.

His head familiarized himself as he leaned back, both of us quiet, enjoying the silence.

"You need to prepare for your battle with Iida, I can't waste your time." He told me faintly, his voice a strained one.

"This isn't a waste, you're helping me calm down," was all I replied, letting my eyes close.

It was funny, back in America, I was always afraid to shut my eyes whenever I was around anyone that wasn't my mother.

My body never relaxed, I was always tense and calculating, ready to claw someone if needed.

Now, I found ease with my friends, I knew I could laugh and smile, rest and help others, even if I got nothing in return. The thing that warmed my chest was that I got everything in return for opening up to my classmates.

I'm beginning to choose myself.

He was humming a melody quietly, I recognized the Merry Go Round of Life but didn't point it out. After a few moments of us just letting the tension from earlier dissipate into acceptance, I stood, helping him by grabbing his hip and bicep and tugging him gently.

"I need to go, now. My battle with Iida is up." I told him, readjusting my ponytail for what was coming.

"You'll do great. I believe in you, Flo." Flo? What a nice ring.

"As I to you." I left, pacing all the while.

When I was at the edge of my tunnel, waiting to be introduced, a voice called to me quickly.

"Reyna," Jirou whispered, giving me a small smile. I lifted my eyebrow, before relaxing.

"Yes, Jirou?"

"You'll win! I know you will!"

I ran to her, high-fiving her quickly before Present Mic yelled my name.

I ran out to the square, eyes scanning Iida's as he ran as well.

"Ready to lose, Speedy Gonzalez?" I asked, giving him a mock salute.

Iida smiled, shaking his head. Midnight screamed, "Begin!"

Before I could take a step forward, Iida was already in front of my face, pressing on my shoulders to force me out of line.

I wrapped a vine around his arm, flinging him to the side as I threw a heavy stone near his engines.

Rolling, I jumped into the air, dodging his mad dash towards me. Vines tugged at his ankles quickly, causing him to fall as I aimed a heavy kick towards his stomach.

He groaned out, "I'm sorry, Iida. I have to do this!" I blurted, following with stones being lodged into one of his legs.

"So do I!" He yelled, continuing with a, "Recipro Burst!"

Crap, it's that really fast move.

Less than a second later, he had his fingers wedged into my hips, carrying me to the edge.

I'm not losing to Sonic.

I raised my stone wall, as Iida slammed into it beside me.

Tossed on the ground, I imagined a twenty feet rolling ball of stone to head his way; he backed up, unaware that I dissipated the stone wall.

Jumping over the boulder, I slammed my foot down on it, causing it to rupture and particles to fly into the air, blocking his view.

I could see clearly, though.

Roots from my hands forced him to be thrown upwards and sideways as I mustered as much force as possible to fling him away.

I heard his body hit the ground, but did he make it past the line?

"Tenya Iida is out of bounds!"

On to the next round, Florence. I told myself while hiding the small grin.

I ran to him, lending him a hand as he stood up. Disappointment was written all over his face but he attempted to hide it for me.

"It was nice fighting with someone as quick as you. Gave me a run for my money, Iida." I told him, while shaking his hand.

"You don't need to comfort me, you're surprisingly analytical, but good job." I nodded, releasing his grip.

We left the tunnel together as the audience ended their loud cheering and clapping.

When we arrived at the viewing room, Iida sat down with Uraraka and Midoriya while I sat off to the side, hearing Kaminari make his presence very clear.

"Florence, my light! My sun!" He cried out theatrically; I turned, rolling my eyes.

"I'm definitely not the sun," I muttered, while stretching my muscles.

Who's my next battle?

Realization dawned, forcing me to stop my easygoing demeanor.

Todoroki. Worry filled my mind. There's no way in hell I'll get out of that battle easily. Todoroki is an angst-ridden powerhouse, ready to release his pain and sadness at any moment the way he did with Midoriya.

"If you're not the sun, then you're the moon." Denki told me, before adding, "Florence, what's wrong? You look pale." He pressed the back of his hand to my forehead.

"I'm going against Todoroki next, you know." I said quietly, rubbing my temples as I laid my head on the seat in front of me.

For the first time, he stayed quiet. I felt his eyes observing me, but he seemed at a loss for what to do.

I was surprised to feel his hand rubbing my back, "If you move your hand low enough, you'll end up with Recovery Girl."

He laughed loudly, "Your threats don't scare me! I wasn't thinking about that anyways." I side-eyed him at that while he stuck his tongue out playfully.

"Reyna?"

"Yes, Kaminari?"

"Todoroki's a tough opponent. That much is obvious, but if you use what you taught yourself the past two weeks, I'm sure you'll give him a hard time. Let your last, and I mean last resort be a kiss!" He said teasingly, finishing that sentence with a final pat on my head, before standing and leaving with Kirishima.

That was annoyingly helpful.

Time passed and Bakugo's and Kirishima's battle was dragging out, so I stood to walk downstairs, preparing for my fight with Todoroki.

I chugged bottles of water, throwing them into the trash can.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I saw Iida, his body was bent awkwardly as he clenched his phone tightly.

What's wrong?

"Iida, are you okay?" I asked, he lifted his head up with tears in his eyes.

"Hey, Iida!" I ran to him, gripping his elbow as he pressed a hand to wipe away the tears.

"Do you need anything?" I asked, knowing my worried tone was raising in pitch.

"My brother got attacked by a villain, he's in critical condition. I need to go."

I stumbled back, stunned. "I'm so sorry." Discomfort riddled me, what would I do if I was in his position? The thought seemed already too painful to interpret.

I wrapped an arm around him before he could leave, summoning the greatest amount of chamomile to soothe his hurt somehow.

"I'll inform you if anything else happens." He told me, I nodded and he ran off.

Poor Iida.

Reaching my entryway, I only had the sorrow for Iida's suffering on my mind, wondering what my friends and I could do to help him.

"The girl who ends fights quickly, Florence Reyna!" Present Mic howled through the audience as a raucous noise was ignited once my name was called.

I reached my side of the square, meeting Todoroki's lost expression.

He must be going through so much emotional turmoil, too.

We were both silent as Midnight signaled the match to begin.

Todoroki slammed his foot, ice erupted from his action, barreling straight to me.

Kaminari's right. I have got to use what I learned so far.

A thorny, thick vine covered the ice as I ran away from it. I raised my arm, yelling as I snapped it downwards. The vine mimicked me, and crushed ice flew in every direction.

We repeated this seven times, his structures growing larger as I had to fly into the air repeatedly, trying to dodge the sharp, cool blades while calling on the Earth to provide me with the strongest vines possible.

I watched his stoic expression.

"Todoroki, to go to the finals, you need to use your fire on me."

He stiffened, before blinking and sending another wave of cold.

Changing tactics, I swiped in the air as the same formation of his ice erupted from the ground nearing him, but instead of ice, it was rugged stone.

The two elements crashed into each other, as we both flew back from the force.

I need a way to get him to dissolve that ice wall behind him so I can force a vine from the ground and shove him out.

He ran towards me with ice encasing his fist as I encased mine with stone.

He threw a punch for my jaw, I ducked, throwing my right knuckle forward for a feigned strike.

As expected, he leaned away and I used my left leg to kick his ribs, sending him flying back to the side of the square he came from.

Summoning six large stones, I aimed for his head, knowing he'd either jump or take cover below.

He kneeled down, as the stones shattered his wall, ice flew in my direction once again and I forced my tired legs to jump into the air, touching the ice with my palm to cover it with a layer of stone.

New move, let's see if it works.

I imagined the stone particles rubbing fast enough to  produce heat, the way they do at volcanic sites before eruption. I was relieved to see smoke dissipate through the air as the ice made a harsh grating noise before shattering into pieces.

I fell with it, only having enough time to roll, but his arms twitched as another wave of his power flew my way.

I didn't avoid the last inch as it grazed my side, tearing open my gym uniform at the sides as my skin bled.

Cold burns are the worst.

I picked myself back up. I can't use all my moves now, if I advance, I need to save some stock-power in my skills.

"Todoroki, you don't deserve to go to the finals if you can't use your full power. Don't you remember what Izuku said?" I asked, eyes narrowing at the same time his did.

"Reyna, you don't kno-"

"I don't." I imagined the vines quietly slithering from behind him.

"I don't know how you suffered with your father. But think about this moment, this fight. Not anything else, use your quirk damn it!" I screamed, lunging towards him as he raised his arm slightly.

Flames rose, before barreling towards me as a pillar of ice launched.

I need to get burned by fire and ice to win. How lyrically beautiful. I thought of that poem by Robert Frost, making a mental note to show it to Todoroki after this is over.

I launched myself straight into the flames, feeling my skin blaze with cruelty as Todoroki's mouth flew open.

I took him by surprise, just like I needed.

He stumbled away, the vine aimed for his neck and flung him backwards.

He tried raising his hands out to form a shield or wall, but I focused on encapsulating his grip with four heavy rocks that were purposely formed like handcuffs.

Using the last of my endurance, I raised my hands before casting them past my hips, he was thrown meters away from the line.

His pillar of freezing cold didn't stop from directing itself towards me, it slammed into my body as I gripped it, heating it up the way I did to the last one as it melted, my body hitting the rough cement.

I'm pretty sure that's smoke coming from my hair.

I coughed, hearing nothing.

Then, the thundering of the audience. The strike of palms meeting resonated throughout the entire stadium. I pinpointed the jeering of Denki, Izuku, Jirou, Mina, and Uraraka.

"Shoto Todoroki is out of bounds! Florence Reyna advances to the final round!"

I will win first place.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 593 19
"πš†πš‘πš’, πš‚πš™πš’πšπšŽπš›. 𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚟𝚎 πš‹πšŽπšŒπš˜πš–πšŽ πš–πš’ πšœπšŒπš›πšŠπšπšŒπš‘πš’πš—πš πš™πš˜πšœπš." - (Y/n) (L/n) was not supposed to be the Black Cat. She was sup...
189K 12.6K 61
Book two to the Among Us Trilogy COMPLETED Kodi hasn't seen her father since he left on a supply mission what feels like forever ago. She's long si...
28.9K 835 29
The cover credit goes to @-Bezana-!! Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or Naruto Shippuden. I don't own any of the characters that the writers of the...
865K 32.7K 64
❝I hate you.❞ ❝Really? Because the stuff you comment on my feed says otherwise.❞ INSTAGRAM! AU Jimin really likes Yoongi's visuals. Maybe he likes hi...