sweet tooth s.p

By decomposingheart

Sweet Pea and Asher felt as if they were lovers in a past life, feeling as if they knew each other the moment... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
Lovers Lane

10

2K 45 5
By decomposingheart

      She awoke alone in bed. She should be used to being alone by now, right?

Asher couldn't help but remember the days when her mother's face would be the first thing she saw in the morning. She'd smile and coax her out of bed with the promise of breakfast.

Asher cried in the shower.

She couldn't remember the last time she had cried over her mother like that. It's then she realized she missed her, was still grieving the loss of her and any potential of a relationship.

Asher didn't even bother putting on makeup, she tugged on a pair of leggings and a Bailey Sarian T-shirt before grabbing her bag and heading down the stairs.

The silence swallowed her whole as she reached the front door. She turned and looked around the entry way. So grand, but for who? There was nobody to enjoy it with her.

She chose the BMW, feeling as though it matched how her soul felt today. Black as night.

Asher walked in silence towards Riverdale High, ignored a friendly shout of her name. Locked the Beamer while she walked, not daring to look back.

Fangs tilted his head at the red head, "What was that?"

Toni didn't understand the change in attitude either. She worried for the girl.

"Are you surprised? She's a Northsider, she's not gonna talk to you around her people." Sweets tried to convince himself in anger.

Toni hit him in the chest before she started jogging towards the small girl. Fangs turned to face him.

"Why are you acting like this? She's really nice, Sweet Pea. I know you feel something for her so stop acting like an idiot. She could be great for you!" Fangs yelled at his tall friend ignoring the hard glare he received.

"And you think I'd be any good for her?" His insecurity showed through his comment. Fangs frowned at his comment.

"Yes, now come on. We're gonna be late."

Asher stared at Toni as she stood in front of her, "What's wrong?"

Asher couldn't speak again. The realization of this made her chest rise and fall quickly. She tried to blink away the growing emotion in her eyes.

Toni still stared at the girl for a second before she bolted, right back out the front doors Toni had chased after her from.

Fangs noticed her first, bolting from the stairs and back towards her car. "Asher!"

He turned after her but Sweets was always faster than him. Sweets was besides her in seconds, quickly he wrapped his arms around her to stop her. He noticed quickly she was crying.

"What's wrong? What happened?" She looked up at him with irritation.

"Let me go! It has nothing to do with you!" She attempted to twist out of his grip but failed miserably.

"You hurting has something to do with me! Who's face do I need to bash in to make you stop crying? Was it Reggie?" Sweets tried to cover his comment with anger but it didn't go unnoticed to the girl he was holding.

"No." She said quietly looking up into his eyes, his arms keeping her grounded.

His chest aches staring into hers. "I'm tired of waking up alone in that stupid fucking house."

His heart hammered in his chest at her comment, feeling a direct jab at him. He had left her alone.

"Okay. No more then." Sweets almost whispered it to her, people were starting to stare but he really didn't care anymore. He cared about the girl he was holding tightly in his arms. She had stopped fighting him.

Slowly Sweets moved a hand to her face and wiped the tears off of her cheeks. "You're okay, Ash."

Asher only nodded in confirmation up at him. Not knowing her group of Northsider friends watched in awe at the two. Not believing their own eyes. Reggie staring in absolute shock, never had he- anyone really been able to calm Asher down. She was a firecracker, her attack had only made her anger worse.

"I'm gonna get suspended if I miss anymore school." The girl of his dreams spoke quietly up at him.

"Let's go then." Sweets loosened his grip around her but kept his arm on her shoulder as they start towards the school. He shot Reggie a hard glare. His girl my ass.

Sweets walked her to class, ran a hand over her hair once they reached the door.

"See you later, Princess." Is all he left her with, she was confused at what was happening. She felt at ease with the tall gang member.

She sat in her classes, study hall she entered the lounge like usual. Sweets sat in one lone chair surrounded by their friends. She didn't realized the two groups had combined in her absence. All the seats were taken so she just stood for a moment.

Sweet Pea shocked her when he stood, made a gesture to the chair and proceeded to sit back down on the arm rest. Archie Andrews watched in suspicion as Asher basically floated into the seat.

Betty gave him a look. A concerned but also a curiosity filled look.

"What's going on here?" Veronica is quick to speak up.

Asher doesn't even consider the girl is speaking to her, they hadn't gotten along since that party a two weeks ago.

Instead she's staring at Sweet Pea's hand, which is hanging between the chair and her leg. Almost as if he's thinking of touching her, and he was.

"Are you two.. together?" Asher glanced up when she saw Sweet Pea straighten up.

"No." His hand moved back to his lap. No doubt in his voice at that answer.

"Good." Reggie said loudly as he walked past the group, earning a hard glare from Sweet Pea and Jughead.

"Hey there cutie, gonna come tonight?" He leaned down to Asher. His head close to hers as he smiled.

Every Thursday night Asher used to meet Reggie at the quarry. A place she felt serine at, they would lay out a blanket and stare at the stars. Sometimes make out.

The whole group kind of gave a look to each other. Sweet Pea stared down Fangs as if to say told you so.

"I told you-" She started but Reggie shook his head.

"There hasn't been any fights. Ask your friends." He nodded to Sweet Pea, as if he was daring her.

Asher looked up over to Sweet Pea in question.

Sweet Pea knew they were friends. That Reggie always seemed to be there for her when the rest of her "friends" weren't present. So he kept his mouth shut about Reggie calling her a bitch and gave her a curt nod. He could imagine Reggie saying it to diminish how upset he was. Sweet Pea knew he would.

Asher gave Reggie a smile, "I'll pick you up at the usual time."

Reggie smiled big and even gave Sweet Pea a small one before he left the lounge. Sweet Pea sliding after him a moment later.

"Hey!" He yelled to catch the boy in a letterman's jackets attention.

"What do you want?" Reggie asked looking confused as the tall boy approached.

"Don't try shit, you understand? Don't say another bad thing about her. The second I see something I don't like I'm telling her what really happened. That's my girl now, don't forget it." Sweets didn't wait for a response instead he walked past Reggie making sure to slam a shoulder into him.

Classes passed with limited interactions with her friends. She spent time finishing up late work after school, making sure all of her assignments were up to date before she dared to leave the property.

When she walked towards her car she was surprised at what she saw. Cheryl Blossom waiting for her.

"Cheryl?" She approached with caution.

"Listen, I'm going to ask you a question and I don't want any judgement." The red head said quickly as she put a hand up.

"Get in the car." Asher sighed as she unlocked it, she whipped the girls out of the parking lot and started on the drive to Cheryl's house.

"How did you get the Serpent to see you as something other than a Northsider?" Cheryl blurted quickly.

"What? I don't know, they all still see me as a Northsider. I am one. I just treat them with human decency, with respect. They've never done anything wrong, so they don't deserve to be treated like so." Asher spoke in confusion looking over at her.

"I want one to like me." Cheryl looked terrified as she looked at the girl besides her.

"They're good people, Cheryl. Loyal to no end for each other." Cheryl's seemed to melt at the thought, loyalty. Her family had none.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 357 16
Its safe to say she illuminated him... ❝You afraid of Jones, Princess?❞ ❝Uh, well, a bit..❞ Started - 9 april 2018 Finished - 19 august 2018 [Sweet P...
62.7K 1K 38
In which two teens trying to escape their reality happen to meet in a bar in Greendale and find a fantasy within each other. Lilith was raised by sav...
21.7K 383 31
"i love you, always." "i love you more. always," she giggled at the boy. she'd never loved someone as much as the serpent boy laying next to her
72.5K 1.4K 15
Dear diary, How could I, the alpha bitch of riverdale, fall for a lowly serpent?! I mean it's crazy. He's so violent and mean while I'm- well I'm a b...