The Second Partizan - 2

By EvieWritesAlot

Y/n Pumpkin's back in the second book of my Partizan series. The Second Partizan follows Connie Glynn's 'The... More

Ocean - Part 1
Partizan Partner - Part 2
Japan - Part 3
Jamie's Birthday - Part 4
The Fall - Part 5
Good - Part 7
The Cat and the School - Part 8
The Truth - Part 9

You Lost Her - Part 6

679 16 24
By EvieWritesAlot

JAMIE'S POV:

I couldn't remember much, only the crushing feeling of complete confusion as I stumbled through the cold and wet woods. Raindrops soaked my hair as I dragged my aching limbs from the skip I had jumped into.

I knew the way back, but it would take me hours. I only remember flashes of getting back to Lottie, lying in that bed, useless.

The same night I returned Lottie finally came to speak to me about what had happened, but my mind was on y/n. Where the hell was she?

"Hey Jamie." Lottie smiled weakly at me, treading softly past the screen separating my own bed from others.

"Where is she?"

A pleading look snuck onto her inordinately pale face, which meant bad things. "We followed you into the woods as fast as we could after we found out you two were missing, but the Leviathan started chasing us... I think I saw her in the back of one of their black vans but we couldn't get her. I'm sorry."

"You lost her!?"I bolted upright, "you had the chance to follow them and you lost her?!"

"I'm sorry Jamie! The motorcyclists from the other day saved us...but they wouldn't go back."

"We have to get her back."

Sayuri pushed the screen to the side, stepping forward. "That's what they want."

"Obviously Sayuri, but we can't just leave her there to rot." I glared at her.

"It's that or we all get caught." She snapped.

"Who said anything about 'we'."

Sayuri shook her head, sighing. "Jamie I can't let you-"

"-Try and stop me."

YOUR POV:

They tightly wrap a blindfold across your eyes and bind your wrists, shoving you roughly into a room.

One of the Leviathan members rips the blindfold from your face, it's Julius.

"Oh," you smirk, "hello."

"I would shut up if I were you, we obviously have the control here." He looks different from when you last saw him, similarly to Jamie he's gained muscle, now even taller than before. His cowboy hat is gone too.

The room is white, with one wall as a mirror, no doubt a window from the other side, there's a small bathroom on the other end of the room, a toilet and sink. There are no windows, and bright white lights built into the ceiling.

"Let me guess, you're keeping me to get Jamie because he will undoubtedly come for me. Guess what, the boy is not that stupid. Why do you think he jumped off a roof to escape you."

"That sounds pretty stupid."

"Whatever...he's not coming. No one is."

JAMIE'S POV:

"I'm going after her." I stated, crossing my arms.

"Jamie are you sure?" Lottie had anxious wrinkles at the bottom of her forehead, "I don't want to lose both of you...and you don't seem physically able to pull it off."

"Physically able? Please, I'll be fine in an hour."

"We need to think this through, I care about her just as much as you, so don't think for a second that I don't want to help her. I do."

"You don't really seem like it."

Lottie was growing more and more distressed. "Jamie you're suffering from a four story fall and a concussion. You can't do this."

"I'm leaving tonight, and none of you can stop me."

"I'm afraid we have to." Sayuri had retrieved a needle from a cabinet next to my bed.

"No way." I spat, edging across the small bed, barely large enough for my frame.

She jumped forward suddenly, jabbing the needle into my arm and pushing down the end, injecting the fluid into my system.

"I'll get you back." I slurred, eyelids growing heavy.

"It's for your own good." Lottie whimpered.

The storm outside rumbled on, a sudden strike of lightning illuminating the room.

You lost her.

YOUR POV:

Julius leaves you in the room, untying your wrists and slamming the door shut. The click of a lock follows.

You groan, slumping onto the frail wooden chair in the middle of the room, the only furniture there.

You feel someone watching you and turn to face the mirror, waving at it happily. Annoying them isn't the best plan, but you want to seem uncaring, powerful, better than them. They'll eventually give up on you when no one comes, and only fate will tell what happens next.

Half an hour of crippling boredom later, the click of the door sounds again and in walks a tall, muscular woman. Just her appearance is intimidating, making your average figure seem small and weak.

Another person follows her into the room, Julius. He closes the door aggressively, scanning your expressionless face with his single eye.

You hide your nerves with a confident comment. "Got some questions?"

The muscular woman squints with her piercing grey eyes, and your distaste for her has already set into your mind.

There's a long pause, the silence seeming so loud.

"Hello?" You cross your ankles, flitting your eyes between the two of them. But they still stay silent.

"I'm trained in combat you know...I bet both of you are, seeing as you're part of the 'great' Leviathan."

Julius nods his head, a strand of dirty blonde hair falling out of place as he does so.

"Sorry about your eye Julius," you start with a smirk, "had to be done seeing as you beat the crap out of Jamie."

"Your partizan should've been better." Julius growls, stepping forward and leaning down to your level, he's so close you can smell his cologne.

"He was better...than you."

Julius grunts and pulls away shaking his head, directing his vision to the floor.

"Your smart-ass obviously won't answer our questions the first time," Grey eyes speaks, "but you will."

They begin to head to the door, but you stop them, "You haven't asked me any questions."

Grey eyes chuckles evilly. "Answer this one to start, who the hell are you?"

They don't give you time to answer and leave, which you think is pretty stupid because even if you don't have an answer they wouldn't have known that. The Leviathan have a strange way of doing things. But then again it's worked so far.

The door slams shut and you're once again alone, the feelings come creeping back, there's no distractions anymore, you've managed to keep them away up to this point. But they were never going to disappear.

You're scared.

And you know it.

You try not to cry because they're watching, but really just want to find Jamie, even if you've told the leviathan he's not coming. You wish he would. He knows so much more than you, they all do. You released the secret that gave you significance to the leviathan by a slip of the tongue, and now you're paying for it.

Locked in a room in an unknown location, with people that hate you and are after your closest friends.

You turn away from the mirror and huddle into a ball, ignoring the dropping temperature of the room. You try to keep your cool, and not start punching the wall, but give it a kick for good measure.

It's thin and flexible, almost breaking under the pressure.

"What.." you mutter, pressing a hand onto the wall and pushing it in, you pray no one's watching and push harder. It bends backwards.

You assume by the silence outside and the temperature drop that it's well into the night, the leviathan are probably asleep.

So you shuffle back and raise your feet, you then slam them into the wall as hard as you can, a crack forms. You try again, after three more powerful kicks there's a hole in the wall. You smile to yourself proudly and squeeze through it. The hole leads to a corridor, the lights are off but you can still spot large double doors at the end of it, a glowing exit sign above them.

Everything feels wrong.

It's too easy to escape, no guards, dark, exit sign.

You shove all the thoughts to the bottom of your mind, discarding your getas and running bare foot into the outdoors.

As you swing them open the cold air hits your face immediately, the rain from a few hours before has now adapted into a ferocious storm. Cruel and bitter wind whips your kimono in every direction, rain coating your skin. You wonder how Jamie is, is he living through this storm too?

You notice even through the intense grey clouds the sun is beginning to rise, but the rain pours on. You take in your surroundings, a forest similar to the one where Jamie fell, and where the supposed 'master of the leviathan' didn't care.

You spin around, looking for anything familiar but see nothing. You run straight ahead toward the sun, fear and panic tearing through your chest, you keep running.

Two hours later your run has slowed to an exhausted walk. It's roughly 9 in the morning when you notice the trees have started thinning out.

You're back at the Ferris wheel.

————————————————

LOTTIE'S POV:

I had never felt so isolated, it was 2 in the morning, Jamie was knocked out and Y/N was missing.

I was sat in mine and Ellie's room alone, sobbing. Eventually I fell into a restless sleep.

I was woken by Ellie barging into my room, urgency and elation gleaming in her eyes. "Y/n's back."

I ran out of bed to the hospital, throwing myself onto my sister and pulling her into a tight hug.

As I pulled away I saw how she looked, her hair was knotted, her eyes bloodshot, her body slumped and weak. Kimono ripped with smears of mud ruining the white.

"What happened to you?" I asked, immediately worried.

She opened her mouth but closed it straight afterwards.

I understood. "It's okay y/n, get some rest."

"Can I see Jamie?" Her voice was hoarse and barely audible, but I nodded anyway, leading her to his room.

"Wait here." I flashed her a smile and left her behind the screen.

Jamie was awake.

—————————————————

YOUR POV:

You stand, waiting, feet aching, body aching. All you want to do is sleep, but Jamie's more important. You bring your face closer to the gap in the screen, squinting through it.

Jamie's lying in bed, gripping Lottie's hand in his. It sends confusion and pain shooting through your body, overcoming the dull ache from running and walking for hours.

Jamie doesn't like Lottie right?

He can't like Lottie, and Lottie can't like him.

'I don't want to lose him again'

That's what Lottie had said only a day before.

You rush out of the room silently, Jamie likes Lottie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 336 26
Y/N L/N has come to Rosewood to surprise her best friend in the whole entire world, Lottie Pumpkin. But, when Y/N arrives, she finds out Lottie has c...
215K 17.5K 51
One comes from royalty, and one comes from poverty. Yet the same shadows follow them everywhere, leading them right to each other and their destiny. ...
30.5K 1K 87
(Tw- Language) •♡"I'm glad I met you." "I'm glad too... And remember... I will always love you. No matter what happens."♡• ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡...
4.5K 346 44
She wants to take back the crown that rightfully belongs to her. He wants to save his family. The man they have been following wants to flee from tha...