√ | false promises, 𝐩𝐞𝐲𝐭�...

By sadessinks

BOOK 1/3 of The Rekindling Hearts series. [ description ] ⤷ Peyton and Chad were supposed to be high... More

FALSE PROMISES
P L A Y L I S T
A R T G A L L E R Y
E P I G R A P H
A C T I ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
i. la isn't too shabby
ii. long time no see
iii. long time no see ( part 2 )
iv. truth or truth
vi. the lost & found
vii. the night
viii. weak
ix. lie, lie, lie
x. the vampire diaries
A C T II ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xi. debacles of life
xii. ripping off the bandaid
xiii. eyes off you
xiv. welcome home
xv. engagement party
xvi. it's just sex
xvii. these are my confessions
xviii. these are my confessions ( part 2 )
ixx. letting go
xx. every time
A C T III ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xxi. devilish smiles
xxii. stay
xxiii. in the moutains
xxiv. the end of an era
xxv. the rebound
xxvi. it's ok not to be ok
xxvii. nanny carrie all over again, except not
xxviii. nanny carrie all over again, except not ( part 2 )
xxix. daydreaming
xxx. that's what love is
A C T IV ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xxxi. meet cute
xxxii. bluebird in the spring
xxxiii. bluebird in the spring ( part 2 )
xxxiv. heart made up on you
xxxv. point of view
xxxvi. just another day
xxxvii. oh, why universe?
xxxviii. death is upon
xxxix. don't stop believin'
xl. proper introduction
A C T V ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xli. emo girl
xlii. two weeks until wedding
xliii. the day we met
xliv. week of wedding
xlv. bachelor / ette
xlvi. day of wedding
xlvii. day of wedding: reception ( part 2 )
xlviii. til death do us part
xlix. hope you're ok
l. happy beginnings
THANK YOU
BOOK TWO
BOOK THREE

v. what is love?

979 59 1
By sadessinks

𝗙𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
::  v. | what is love?

"What are you doing here?" Chad look from the sky over to the figure walking towards him. It was Peyton.

"I knew you'd be here. This is your thinking spot." Peyton spoke as she approached him. They were about maybe two to three feet apart.

"Did you remember or is it cause Lucas comes here?" Chad just had to squeeze in. He knows she knows. It's only a matter of time before someone says something.

Peyton huffed, "I didn't come here to argue." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"You shouldn't have come at all." He looked away from Peyton, back up to the sky.

"On behalf of Lucas, sorry. You may be a dick but that was out of line at dinner." Peyton ignored his words. He nodded while raising his brows and turning his head towards her.

He thought she was joking. If Lucas wants to apologize, he should do it in person. He chuckled while turning his body in her direction. "I didn't even want to come back."

"Why did you?" Peyton's voice softens.

"For Brooke." He simply responded. It was a moment of silence before he thought he would head back to the hotel. He turned on his heels and started walking off the court. As he reached the edge of the court, he once again heard her voice.

"At dinner, what did you mean by Lucas isn't so innocent?" She ask already knowing the answer. But she wanted to hear it from Chad first.

He looked back at her, "You already know." And with that, he continued his way back to the hotel.

.

.

.

It's been a week. Brooke and Peyton have been working together to figure out the money things, while Chad has just been wandering around town not knowing what to do.

On the other hand, Nathan was having a meeting in his living with his agent Clay. Clay and him were talking about new deals when Chad walked through the living room and sat next to Nathan.

"Please go on, what's this I hear about the Bobcats?" Chad caught their side glances at him.

"Clay, meet Chad. A friend." Nathan introduced them.

Clay stuck out his hand which Chad took, then shook. The men both leaned back in their seats as Clay continued to speak about Nathan's upcoming goals to reach the NBA.

"I was telling nate here, the bobcats are watching and that there maybe an opening by the end of year." Clay spoke.

"No way, Clay. You're lying." Nathan said in disbelief but also excitedly.

"I told you nate, I got you." Clay chuckled. He and Nathan both stood up and hugged each other with a smile. Chad stood up as well and did that bro hug thing with Nathan.

.

.

.

Peyton and Brooke were both at the studio. Brooke was finishing signing the papers that said that she will be supplying the money until Peyton gets it figured out. Which means that Brooke owns the studio as of now.

Brooke signed her name on the last line in cursive before closing the papers and handing them to Peyton. She leaned back in Peyton's chair and as she looked around with a small grin, she then came to a realization.

"My money's going somewhere, right? You do have an artist?" Brooke asked Peyton. Just as Peyton was about to hesitantly reply, a girl walked in. Their heads turned towards her. She was tall, yet slim. She had dark hair and looked cozy with her brown sweater.

"Can we help you?" Brooke said from behind the desk, still sitting in Peyton's chair.

"I-I'm Mia." She stood near the entrance, "That band the other night, they're not interested, but I am." The dark haired girl finished.

A smile creeped on Peyton's face. She was relieved to finally have a potential artist.

.

.

.

Lucas was at the bar at Tric drinking while waiting for Haley. His head was laid down on the counter, staring at his empty glass. Then momentarily, brown liquid started pouring into the clear glass. He rose his head and just as the bartender finished pouring, he picked up his glass. He was about to take a sip when he heard Haley.

"So you said you wanted to have a real talk, yet you chose a bar." She sat on the stool next to him.

"How do you do it, hales? How do you and Nathan not fall out of love?" Lucas was practically now drunk out of his mind.

"True love. You just find that person that you know you're gonna spend forever with. Oddly enough, I saw that in nathan." She had a slight chuckle as she took Lucas' drink and started to drink some herself, "Why?"

"I don't know." He turned towards her, "I had a dream about Peyton the other night— it was weird. Peyton's different. She is most definitely not high school Peyton anymore." Just out of the corner of his eye, he saw the blonde and couldn't help but stare a little. Haley saw and looked back as well, then turned back to Lucas.

"You should get your priorities straight before pursuing anything. No one's trying to have another Peyton, Brooke, Lucas love triangle again. As much I live for the drama, I can most definitely get that on 90210." Haley joked which caused them both to laugh.

.

.

.

"So enough about me, Sawyer. Is there any new man I should know about?" Brooke ask while they were sitting on the couch at nathan and Haley's house.

Peyton shook her head, "Nope."

"Ok. You're a bad liar." Brooke slightly laughed as she playfully kicked Peyton.

Peyton sighed, "I came back for Luke." She paused, "I never told anyone this, but back in LA.... he proposed to me."

"What did you say?" Brooke was a bit shocked.

"I didn't know not saying yes meant him not being in my life anymore." Peyton admitted.

"Do you love him?" Brooke ask. That question was a question to a very important answer. Brooke hoped for a split second that maybe Peyton would answer right and she wouldn't have to feel so guilty about Chad.

"Yeah, I do." And there it was. Peyton gave her the answer she hoped for, which meant telling her about Chad wouldn't be so difficult now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
82.9K 2.5K 36
[completed] *Book 1 of the Colorado Ink series* Freya: I thought being dumped by my boyfriend right before I left for college was the worst thing th...
34 1 9
In the event of an attack on Brooke, who will she turn to for support and comfort? To whom will she confide in and rely on for assistance in healing...
60.7K 1.6K 27
UNEDITED! "We're just friends, Cam." his eyes go to the left and he avoids my gaze. I walk up to him and he immediately looks up to my eyes, flickeri...