Jealousy > Marcus

Bởi daddyissues202

Amelie is new to town, after her parents just got a divorce she feels lost and torn apart from her family. Wi... Xem Thêm

Characters
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
ANNOUCEMENT
TO BE CONTINUED..

eleven

1.6K 21 31
Bởi daddyissues202

After the school day is over

Finally, the weekend. I'm officially starting my job tomorrow. Joe called me in today after school to teach me how to work everything. So now I'm fully prepared and actually kind of excited to start earning money.

When I was younger I always wanted to have my own cafe and serve customers. Every Christmas I would get a cash register and fake plastic food. My dad always played with me pretending to be a customer, I miss him a lot. But he hasn't even contacted me since we left Mystic Falls, so I guess he doesn't miss me too much.

.....

Arriving home after Joe taught me all the basics on how to serve customers and make a coffee, I opened my front door and walked upstairs to my room. "Not even a hello" my mum says as I stop half way up the stairs.

"Sorry it's just been a long week and I start work tomorrow so I'm gonna go to sleep, night" I say hardly keeping my eyes open walking into my room, shutting my door.

I quickly wipe my makeup off, brush my teeth, put on my pyjamas and get into my warm bed. Wrapping my arms around my pillow as I start to doze off into a deep and peaceful sleep.

.....

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. My alarm went off, rubbing my eyes as I groaned I reached over to my clock trying to find it to stop the agonising ringing in my ears. The brutal sound of pain never seemed to end as I loudly grunt and throw my clock on the floor breaking it into tiny pieces as the batteries fly out, oops.

After ten minutes of getting ready I put on my shoes and make my way to the kitchen. "Hey darling. All ready for work?" my mother says as she walks towards me. "Yip just need you to drive me there" I reply.

She squeezes my face with her hands, "Awh my little baby is all grown up having her first job" my mum says making me feel sick. "Mum just, just stop. Please" I say as I push her hands off my face. "Just showing how much I love you, jeez. Right let's go then" she huffs.

Mum drops me off at the cafe. I'm standing at the till when the bell from the door rings. My head tilts up, my first customer comes through the door and of course it has to be Marcus.

I flatten down my apron and fix my hair as he walks over with a smirk on his face. "Fancy seeing you here" he says. "I work here Marcus, what would you like to order" I laugh.

"Umm let's see have you got a menu around here" he asks. "Look above my head dumb-ass" I scoff suggesting to the board above me with the whole menu being advertised. "Excuse me miss your supposed to treat me with full respect and kindness" Marcus starts. "Marcus I don't have time for this order or leave, your creating a queue" I scold.

"Fine. I'll have a medium black coffee, no milk and a blueberry muffin please" he orders. Turning from the counter I grab a medium cup and pour in the coffee, then walk over to the muffins and put a blueberry one in a little brown bag.

Making my way back to the till I touch the screen in front of me typing in his order. The total coming to £3.80. "Three pounds and eighty pence please, and we don't do card" I give him a cheeky smile. "Here, keep the change" he says handing me a five pound note. Grabbing the coffee and muffin he walks out of the cafe giving me a wink.

Joe turns to me. "Yeah that was pretty great for your first customer. Keep it up, also I felt all that flirty tension" he says. "What no, Marcus is just a friend that is hard work sometimes" I admit. "Sure Amelie, sure" Joe replies as I roll my eyes. Hearing the bell go off again I turn to see Max coming through the door into the cafe.

"Hey Amelie we HAVE to talk about Sophie Sanchez" Maxine says walking to the counter. "Uh Max I'm working at the minute" I say bringing coffee over to a table. "She's so hot and honestly we've been texting and she actually cares about things like the planet isn't that so amazing" she rambles on following me behind the counter.

"Max, you're not meant to be back there" Joe says. Maxine ignores Joe and continues to follow me. "How are you and Alex?" Max asks me. "I don't know he's seemed off lately. I'm sure it's nothing but I'll check up on him after work" I say grabbing plates of food and bringing them to tables as Maxine helps.

"Honestly I just wanna talk about Sophie 100% of the time" she says as I put two plates down in front of a pair of customers sitting at a table. "I got two ham and turkey sandwiches, one with brown bread and one with white" I say to the customers. "Thanks" they say back to me as I walk back behind the counter to Maxine.

"Max I love you but you need to go, I have to work but I'll text you when I'm done okay?" I say giving her a hug. "Okay don't worry about me I'll just be dreaming about Sophie. Bye hate you, kidding!" she giggles as she leaves the cafe.

Many hours later of taking orders and making food, my shift was finally over. It was about 2pm now as I started working at 9am. I rang my mum telling her to come pick me up.

.....

I met up with the girls at the Battle of the Bands. They were standing with Ginny, I didn't really know Ginny that well. She mostly hung out with Sam and her friend group, but Ginny's boyfriend Hunter usually talked about her a lot to us. She seemed nice but as I walked over to the girls she acted awkward around me, but I thought nothing of it.

"Um Max what are you doing?" I ask looking down at her. "She's hiding from Sophie" Abby says. "Oh no. Why, what happened now?" I ask. "Abby over here accidentally liked one of Sophie's posts on Instagram from 2016" Maxine says rolling her eyes. "Ahh so your hiding from embarrassment, got it" I laugh receiving a glare from Max.

A few moments later Maxine starts tugging on my shoulder. "Omg omg omg" maxine says. "What?" I ask confused. "Sophie just liked my post from 2016" she replies looking up at Sophie. "I'll be right back" she says to me making her way towards Sophie.

Watching them from a distance someone behind me grabs my hand. "Hey" to my surprise Alex says. "Oh hey, how have you been you've seemed distant lately?" I ask him. "Oh uh just busy with school and stuff but I'm here now" he smiles as I smile back. Something seems off.

He puts his arm over my shoulder as Hunter gets on stage. Everyone cheers and when I look to my left I see Marcus walking in through the entrance. I wave at him as he returns the gesture.

"Ginny Miller, this song is for you" Hunter says as I nearly puke in my mouth. He's not going to sing a song for her, seriously?

I can barely breathe when you are near. And I'm really, really, really scared you're gonna disappear. I can't breathe when you are near...

I nearly burst into laughter listening to the lyrics of the song he wrote. I look over to Marcus catching his attention as he is trying to control his laughter too. I had to look away from him or we both would've laughed out loud from the cringe singing.

As the singing went on I felt so uncomfortable. I watched Ginny smile and dance to the 'music' as if it was her dream come true.

(I'm sorry but if a boy did that for me I'd leave him so fast LMAO. It was so cringe oh my life)

After my ears nearly fell off from the torturous noise. The song was over and everyone cheered. I clapped internally pissing myself laughing.

Hunter walked over to Ginny and shared a moment with her. Alex turned to me. "Maybe I should write a song like that for you" he said jokingly. "I'd dumb your ass in a heartbeat" I laughed.

"Wait do you maybe want to come over to mine just to watch a movie or something?" I ask Alex. "Yeah sure" he replies.

We walk back to my house and sit on the sofa. I pulled up Netflix on my laptop and we decided to watch The Vampire Diaries. We were laughing and giggling as my mum rudely interrupted us with a fake cough.

"Hello mother what do you want" I ask frustrated. Alex pops up from the sofa and walks over to my mum saying hello to her. "Well aren't you just the cutest" my mum says to Alex as he laughs. "Mum please" I say begging her to leave. Finally she takes the hint and goes to her room.

I feel a ding in my back pocket. I lift out my phone and see a notification from Marcus saying "hey". I ignore it and put it back in my pocket, putting my head gently on to Alex's chest.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

213K 3.8K 35
In which a girl meets a boy while exploring Started: february 10, 2022 Finished: march 22, 2022 Highest Tags #1 on Colbybrock on 3.30.22
11.7K 193 18
*Sugar cookie Winston (Vivian) is the girl everyone feared. She could make the toughest greaser or soc fall at her knees. A young girl with a traumat...
41K 584 53
After her mother leaves for a mission trip with her church, Marilyn Rouse is left to travel to Tulsa. There she will be staying with her Aunt Elizabe...
187K 2.2K 19
i gave you my heart, but the very next day, you gave it away. , jaden hossler! 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥: 11/17/19 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥: 06/08/20