Red

By NotaCat_

It is 1942. Klara is a girl in Chernshny, a small Soviet village. Klara's family and her are struggling to su... More

Prologue

43 1 0
By NotaCat_

Stalin's control over Russia meant that freedom was the one thing that people lost. The people of Russia had to read what the state allowed, see what the state allowed, and listen to what the state allowed. The state's control of the media was total. Those who attempted to listen, read, etc. anything else were severely punished. Everybody knew of the labor camps and that was enough of a deterrent.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Trap in a Book By Song_smile

Historical Fiction

327K 8.7K 84
Her busy life soon comes to the end once she enters a small bookstore and finds her all-time favorite book. On the night she purchase the book, she p...
7.4K 562 27
"RAGHUKUL REET SADA CHALI AAYI, PRAN JAYE PAR VACHAN NA JAYE" "Per tradition of the Raghu clan, even if you have to die you should keep your promise...
123K 3.3K 28
The tale of Her Majesty The Queen Dowager of Württemberg unfolds not as a fairy-tale love story with a happily ever after but as a narrative of growt...
74.5K 2.6K 33
Childhood marriages are common in 1500 BC . My friends are married already but I am still waiting for that day. Though I was betrothed to Udaipur p...