Aesthete

Von kaywritingbooks

This story is about an OC character of mine, Florence Reyna is an American transfer student molded to become... Mehr

Author's Note
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32 - Bakugo 1
Chapter 33 - Bakugo 2
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Bakugo 3
Chapter 36 - Bakugo 4
Chapter 37 - Bakugo 5
Bakugo Birthday Special
Chapter 39 - Izuku 1
Chapter 40 - Izuku 2
Chapter 41 - Izuku 3
Chapter 42 - Izuku 4
Chapter 43 - Izuku 5
Chapter 44 - Bakugo 6
Chapter 45 - Bakugo 7
Chapter 46 - Kaminari
Chapter 47 - Bakugo 8
Chapter 48 - Jirou
Chapter 49 - Bakugo 9
Chapter 50 - Bakugo 10
Closing Note.

Chapter 9.

385 26 50
Von kaywritingbooks

None of this turned out the way I wanted.

My clearest memories before the cavalry battle were being gathered around the other forty-one students that advanced to the second round. Izuku left my side to talk to Uraraka briefly while I stayed alone, only observing my gym uniform to ignore the stares of the thousands of people in the audience towards our clustered group.

Midnight introduced the next event, it was a calvary battle according to the label on the screen. She explained the rules; we'd each have our own headbands with points written on them. The point system started by the forty-second student who only had five points while it increased by five.

Every student turned to glare at Izuku with a lust to go after him, he was first place in the obstacle course so he had ten million points, while I had one-hundred and ninety five. I didn't care about that though, I still wanted to be on his team to make sure that we both advanced to the final round.

Midnight said we had fifteen minutes to choose a team of four, including the rider and at least one "horse." The battle would last for half an hour, and we were free to use our quirks to snatch headbands from other teams.

If Izuku and I form a great team, there's no way we'll lose. I'll even see if I can have Jirou and Uraraka with us, I'm sure they'll agree.

Before I could approach him, someone gently seized my wrist, forcing me to turn and meet purple eyes with the same tone of shaggy hair.

"Reyna, I was wondering if you would like to form a team with me?" Shinso asked politely, but the smirk on his face made me hesitate.

"Well, we can ask-" I stopped, my body had frozen and my mouth closed. What the hell?

I couldn't talk anymore.

It was like my body had been taken away from me, I was secluded to a small corner of my mind, watching the events unfold but being unable to control myself.

Why is this happening to me?

"I'm sorry, Reyna, but I really need to win." Shinso's eyes plead for understanding on my behalf.

I wanted to ask what he did to me, but I couldn't.

My body moved without my command, I was following him around as he targeted the two boys that were closest to us.

"Hey, blondies, want to join Reyna and I?"

Don't answer him! I wanted to cry out, but it was futile, I figured my reply to him was what gave him control over me.

Aoyama and Ojiro both opened their mouths at the same time to respond, but their eyes glazed over, both pressing their lips into thin lines.

Is that what I looked like?

We walked to a far corner of the stadium; I couldn't even look anywhere to show that I needed help. My eyes just stayed trained on Shinso.

The fifteen minutes passed while we all remained silent, Shinso would say something every so often to the boys, but never spoke to me.

In synchronization, Ojiro, Aoyama, and I bent our knees as Shinso stood in the center. I was in the front as the boys gripped my shoulders with the sunken-eyed boy sitting casually above us.

Midnight signaled for the event to begin, and the majority was a haze.

I couldn't fight the situation I was in, but I still needed to win so I stopped protesting the deep voice that lulled over my mind, commanding my quirk to protect him, our headbands, and to take more from the other teams.

I wanted to apologize to the other students, they looked stunned as I didn't hold back on my quirk; I used stones, heavy boulders, vines, thorns, anything to get the headbands he gestured to, without having a grip on my power level at all.

After twenty-five minutes, I heard his yells. Bakugo's team flew by us, Sero accidentally crashing into my shoulder while Shinso's arms wrapped around my upper body, attempting to shield me. It was too late.

Suddenly, I was aware of everything; I had control over myself again.

"So that's your quirk, Shinso?" I asked, forcing the team to halt as I turned us over in the other direction, heading to a girl with black hair and blue eyes, summoning stems to steal the headbands on her as I quickly forced the ground under our feet to move us away.

"Reyna, I'm sorry."

"Forget about it for now, we need to try our best and advance."

We stayed in quietude, I moved where he needed me to; he would nudge the sides of my ribcage with his foot to lead me in different directions to run.

"We can't get too near those groups," he was referring to Bakugo's, Midoriya's, and Todoroki's team who were currently forcing the worst of their quirks to try and protect or steal headbands.

I hummed and nodded, he patted my head for us to slow down, all we needed to do was protect the headbands we had, and we would move on. Even if I don't get to advance with my friends properly, at least I could have Aoyama and Ojiro near me as I helped our team in defense and offense.

Quietly, Shinso and I watched as Midoriya jumped towards Todoroki, the two-toned boy's face showed a deep resilience against Izuku's own determination, Bakugo was screaming all the while.

I gasped, very briefly, flames erupted from Todoroki's left arm for a short moment.

Then, the signal rang, ending the battle.

Who advanced? Things were too disoriented from my friend's teams that I couldn't pinpoint exactly what went down.

Ojiro groaned, rubbing his head while Aoyama started speaking in French in a rather angry tone.

Shinso got off of us, turning me to face him as he put his hand on my shoulder.

"We advanced, but I know you probably hate me now. I'm sorry." He said, eyes casting the guilt he felt.

"Your quirk." I stated, watching as his head lifted up, portraying a look of resignation.

"What about it?"

"It's a shame you didn't make it to the Hero Course. You'd be good at taking down villains who like to monologue."

He blinked, before releasing a deep laugh with a grin that made his eyes crinkle.

I breathed out in relief, before Midnight announced the teams that advanced to the final round.

Team Todoroki. Team Bakugo. Team Shinso. Team Midoriya.

They made it, that's nice to hear.

We were dismissed for lunch, and I waved goodbye to Shinso, walking to the restroom to relax. I had used a lot of the stamina for my quirk, so I needed to rest a bit.

When finishing up and leaving, I walked towards the dining hall, ready to eat enough to restore my fuel for the final rounds as I let the heat of the sun warm my skin.

I was passing through the back of a tunnel, avoiding the herd of people that were trying to get their food faster. I smiled slightly, finding the blades of grass and flowers dancing amusing as the natural land shifted to the blue-themed walls of cement. The space was growing narrow, and my footsteps grew quieter. I heard two familiar voices, but I wasn't a person who eavesdropped so I tuned it out.

The shadows of this back hall grew as darkness enveloped it.

Abruptly, an arm slung around my waist, pressing me against the wall as a hand covered my mouth, silencing the squeak of surprise that slipped from me.

Bakugo's gruff voice spoke, "Be quiet, they'll hear us."

Who is he listening in on? Wait, why is he being a metiche?

I only narrowed my eyes, pressing my lips together in anger.

Todoroki's voice radiated through the tunnel that lead to an open exit beside us.

"Midoriya, are you All Might's secret love child or something?"

My mouth hung open as my cheeks burned a bright pink. It took everything in me to not fall on the floor in laughter. Shutting my mouth and biting my cheek to stop the giggles from slipping out, I placed my hand over Bakugo's, he still refused to remove it.

He glared at me in puzzlement as the conversation continued on. Todoroki began explaining his childhood, immediately wiping away any humor I found. He was born not out of love, but out of an arranged quirk marriage, his siblings and mother lived under Endeavor's cruelty until one day she finally snapped, throwing boiling tea on Todoroki which explained the scar covering his left eye.

The more he spoke of it, the more my face shifted its features in rage. That son of a bitch, hurting Todoroki and the rest of his family for what? Power? Endeavor's scum.

I shut my eyes, fighting back the urge to cry. Shoto Todoroki didn't deserve this at all.

Bakugo's palm left my mouth to press one finger on my forehead, forcing my eyes to open.

He looked... caught off-guard. There was no anger, frustration, or confusion. Only a quiet inquisition as he took in Todoroki's story.

"I'll reject him completely by winning first place without using it." Todoroki stated, revealing the icy hostility once more, but underneath I could tell he was burning with the need to prove his father wrong.

Midoriya only breathed out a sigh, saying nothing. Bakugo's eyes had widened by the fire and ice user's words and mine were enlarged just as much as his.

Todoroki's steps could be heard before they stopped, the echo still radiating through the hall.

"Midoriya."

"What is it, Todoroki?" Izuku's words were shaky, probably expressing how he took in Shoto's story.

"There is one person that I think understands me because her past is similar to mine. She seems beyond her problems, and I admire her for it."

Who's he talking about?

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because Florence Reyna shouldn't extend her kindness to you if you think she's weak. I know by the way you always try and help her, you look down on her, don't you?"

What the fuck.

Bakugo looked at me, pupils so dilated that it nearly covered his entire iris. The turn of the conversation stupefied us both.

"I don't think she's weak. Not physically, to say the least." Midoriya's voice rose, hesitation stringing through the words.

"What does that imply?" Todoroki questioned, a slight scuffle of his shoe. Yeah, what the hell does that mean?

"She has a weak mind, I can tell by the things she says, the way she never smiles, and how she hesitates in everything she does. She acts as if she's always on the verge of falling apart, I just wanna help her gain faith in herself."

Bakugo's arm around my waist became taut with fury. I only stood limp, unable to conjure up what to think or feel.

I act like I'm about to fall apart? Since when, you stupid freckled boy. I'm not some damsel in distress. I don't need anyone for anything.

Todoroki must've been connected to me at that moment by his next words.

"You're not her savior. She's strong, and if you don't see that, your friendship with her is made on fake premises. She doesn't deserve that. I'd much rather show her a true friendship than have her continue to be around you. I probably know more about her than anyone else does right now."

He was right, not because I considered Todoroki special, but because I opened up to him enough to help him understand himself.

"I didn't mean it like that," was all Midoriya said, sadness in his tone.

"Then why say it?" Todoroki spoke icily, before silence ensued. His steps drilled into my head, notifying me that he and Midoriya left the area.

Bakugo removed his body that had been hovering over mine, stepping away as he looked to the side, not meeting my gaze.

Well, that's a lot to digest.

Midoriya thinks I'm weak-minded. Now because of Todoroki playing Devil's Advocate, both Midoriya and Bakugo know that I was similar to Todoroki because of our childhood. I didn't need that bombshell being dropped on anyone at all, it was my private life, and I was the one who decided who would know what.

Stepping away to take my own leave, Bakugo's voice kept me in place. "That shitty nerd missed the mark but you get the point, don't you, ugly? You are weak-minded because you choose to be. So stop looking like a fucking crybaby and get your act together. No one's going to pity you. Prove that you're what that icy-hot bastard said about you."

I let his words sink in, an unspeakable irritation flowed through me. I chose to be what way?

As far as I knew, I didn't let anyone try and step over me. I did what I could for my family and I don't cry in front of people. I fight back now, how am I weak?

My fists were clenched so tightly that I was beginning to feel the deeper layers of my skin. Saying nothing, I spun around and tightened my fist before launching it in Bakugo's face.

It didn't reach its destination.

His hand wrapped around my knuckles, only centimeters away from his nose.

That would've been a good blow, damn it.

"You don't know shit about me. No one here gets to call me weak." I hissed, clenching my jaw and walking out the tunnel.

I had to dissipate the thorny roots that were surrounding Bakugo, I hadn't realized that I was so hurt and burned by the intensity of my rage that I used my quirk without meaning to.

Entering the dining hall, I chose a plate of a simple salad and two water bottles, eating my meal in the corner of the hall to avoid my classmates. I had no energy to try and force conversations.

These people aren't really your friends. They do think lowly of you. Midoriya proved that. So did Bakugo.

I frowned, stabbing at the lettuce in empty desire. I only ate because I knew I needed to win. If I wouldn't have friendships, then I needed victory. I still had my family to worry about.

Yaoyorozu sat in the seat in front of me, grasping my hands tightly. I looked up.

"Reyna, we need you to come and dress into a uniform in the girl's locker room. Aizawa said that our class was one of the groups in charge of a cheer event!"

I nodded, throwing my nearly-finished plate of food away as we went into the locker rooms. Yaoyorozu handed me my cheer uniform, and as I changed in the private dressing room, I felt afraid of stepping out.

My scar from Shigaraki. It was the notable smudge that was inches long and wide; the uniform nor my socks would cover it at all.

People are going to think I'm uglier than usual, and quite frankly, I've had enough of a blown ego to last for a good while.

I waited for all the girls to leave the room before stepping out. I didn't want to leave the changing room, but if I didn't, the girls would come hounding for me and would see either way. Sighing, I walked through the long hallway leading to the stadium, noticing that most of the students were already gathered, waiting for Midnight to entail the details of the final event.

I neared the girls from my class, but frowned when I noticed all their stares of humiliation.

"I hate them! I made these costumes for nothing!" Yaoyorozu wailed, flinging her arms around as Jirou hugged her soothingly.

"What's going on?" I muttered, hiding my leg with the scar by placing it in front of the other.

"Kaminari and Mineta lied to us about dressing up and said it was for a recreational event. Now, we all look like idiots because of those two perverts." Uraraka explained, patting my hair sympathetically to show me she felt the same as my revolted expression.

Seriously, Denki? How gross.

As if talking about him had drawn him near us, Mineta and him came squealing and clapping their hands in delight as they took in our outfits.

I crossed my arms protectively in front of my chest, while nearing Uraraka to hide behind her and cover the stares she was getting from her waist below.

"Yuck! Look at that nasty scar on Reyna! But look at how pretty her boobs are, I love her skin color!" Mineta's voice spoke excitedly, which caused me to freeze and feel nauseous.

Shit, they saw.

"Hey, Mineta you can't speak of my wo-." Kaminari stopped, eyes glued on my lower leg. I didn't miss it, but I wish I did.

The wince and slight wrinkle of his nose told me the truth.

Even someone who acts like a sunny breeze. Someone like you, you think I really am hard to look at?

His eyes met mine as regret washed over. My eyebrows furrowed before I let out a pained breath of air. "Florence, I didn't-"

"Just shut up, Kaminari. It's pretty obvious what you think, I don't care anyways." I walked away, heading towards where Yaoyorozu and Jirou were standing.

"Jirou." I said quietly, tapping her elbow lightly.

No response.

She was rubbing the tall, raven-haired girl's arms in comfort, reassuring her that she would kill the boys for their plan.

I stayed near Jirou, waiting patiently to just talk to her.

A moment passed, and I decided it was okay. "Hey, Jirou."

I went unacknowledged. Maybe she has her earphones plugged in?

"Jirou, can-" I began again, but got interrupted by her harsh and exasperated tone.

"Will you just wait? Momo needs me!" She snapped, before her face cleared and regret set in.

"I'm sorry, I'm just mad about what the guys did, Momo used her quirk to make the uniforms." She whispered, quietly with a frown.

"There's no need to apologize, Jirou." I told her, hiding the way my composure was beginning to crack as I left her in peace with Yaoyorozu, moving away to stand alone in the large stadium. I no longer cared about the people watching us as Present Mic's voice boomed over the stadium to find amusement in the situation that the Class-1A girls were in.

Eventually, Midnight stepped on the stage with a mic in her hand to explain the final event. It would be one on one battles and the loser would have to be incapacitated or pushed beyond the boundary of the raised square of cement that we would be fighting in.

So, it's somewhat like the battle I first took part in when I fought against Midoriya and Bakugo individually.

Before more could be explained on her behalf, Ojiro spoke.

"I would like to remove myself from the final event, you see, I don't remember much about what happened in the cavalry battle. I think this guy," he pointed at Shinso that stood a few feet away from me, "had something to do with it. It wouldn't be right to participate."

Midnight contemplated it for a moment before relenting, words were exchanged between her and a pretty orange-haired girl named Kendo as she suggested Tetsutetsu take his place.

I opened my mouth to also give up my position before Ojiro tugged on my arm.

"Reyna, you weren't under his quirk in the last five minutes, right?"

"Yeah, Sero bumped into me and it took me out of it."

"Stay in. If it weren't for your powerful quirk, our own headbands would've been stolen and we wouldn't have advanced so far. You rounded out more points for our team in those last five minutes than you did when he controlled us."

My chest squeezed lightly at Ojiro's attentiveness and consideration. Even if I was frustrated with what seemed like the whole world right now, I'd never take it out on anyone who didn't cause this heavy exasperation.

I nodded, squeezing his arm in appreciation. "Thank you, Ojiro. I'll do my best for you, okay?"

He flushed red, nodding as the board of who we'd be fighting with appeared on the same huge screen from earlier.

I was going against Kaminari.

Saying nothing, I began to walk back towards the locker rooms to dress back into my gym uniform.

Midoriya was walking in my direction, pausing as I passed him before he gripped my shoulder.

"Hey, Florence, I didn't catch you at lunch."

His voice brought back the words he spoke to Todoroki at the forefront of my mind.

She has a weak mind. She always acts as if she's on the verge of falling apart.

Those words floated through my brain, stinging me as I shoved his hand off my shoulder. I remembered his name being next to Shinso's.

"You're going against Shinso. I should warn you, if you answer back to him, he can control your body. But again, you wouldn't let that happen, you're not weak-minded like me, right Midoriya?" I questioned, hearing the sarcasm and bitterness dripping from my words.

He was stunned. I ran back to the hall leading to the passageway beneath the stadium, unable to hide the way my face showed the pain and heartbreak I felt towards my best friends.

The people I felt closest to. I didn't want to admit it, but I had even enjoyed being around Bakugo. I was beginning to feel like being at U.A would be nothing compared to how middle school was for me.

The universe always found different ways to prove me wrong.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

281K 10.5K 38
"Oi! Turn around, ya Mute!" "I see that your manners only got worse, Katsuki." "And I see that you only grew uglier." When Katsuki Bakugou's missing...
689K 33.9K 24
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...
99.7K 2.1K 23
"Offer me something I can't find in myself" Updated 1-2 times a week. Do not repost my drawings, I'll sue :)
64K 2.4K 76
Kimiko and Touya were childhood sweethearts. When he ran away she was left heartbroken. This is the story of what happens when Kimiko meets Touya aga...