Substantiate Innocence (VDS1)

By Itim_na_pluma

Isabella Jaime Wilson, work as an escort. She was forced to live a life she never desired because of the over... More

DISCLAIMER
Description
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 4

114 20 2
By Itim_na_pluma

I was attempting to shield my body from the chilly breeze by wrapping it in a big blanket. The boat is currently heading to an unknown location. While the three are chatting with Carter on the starboard side, Ara is seated next to me.

"Are you feeling good now?" Ara asked.

"Ayos na, salamat," sagot ko.

I covered my lips with my palm, taking a long breath to calm myself down as I quickly looked over to the side of the boat. When I noticed how the sun had set, a smile came to my lips.

It is just exquisite.

But it brought to me a memory that I wish I had forgotten, one that is now permanently ingrained in my consciousness.

"Jam, hindi mo naman kailangang sabihin okay kalang kung hindi eh," Ara said in the most calming voice. I look at her and wipe my tears.

"I'm sorry. I just can't believe what happened to me."

"I understand," aniya na may kasamahang marahang pagtango.

"You know how I've been the worst version of myself? After my parents passed away, I... forgot to value myself in order to avoid going to jail for all my parents debt. But now... I still ended up-"my words cannot keep up anymore and all I do is cry. Ara hugged me and gently rubbed my back while I took a deep breath.

"I'm so sorry, Jam. Pero eto ang tandaan mo, from now on we will not let you be on your own. Consider us as your family. Ako, si Carter and those extra minions, we are here to help you prove your innocence."

After she said that, she wiped my tears and gave me a gentle smile.

"We're going to get through this, okay?" dagdag niya.

"Ara, MC is asking for you." Biglang sambit ni Barry.

"Stay here, Jam," Ara said before leaving me.

Barry is in front of me, standing. Her worried expression made me think of her reassuring remarks from the hospital.

"You must be wondering," she said.

"I do," sagot ko. Marahan siyang ngumiti at naupo sa kaninang pwesto ni Ara.

"I am aware of how chaotic things can get right now, and I'm positive that nobody can relate to the level of suffering you are experiencing. Also, I am unable to predict when time will end those emotions because it most likely won't."

I nodded reluctantly and shut my eyes. Taking in this clean, chilly breeze that filled my lungs helped me forget about the stench of the dark room and iron bars I had been living in for the previous few weeks.

"Please don't get me wrong, but you don't seem like that kind of girl to me," she said, drawing my attention.

I smile at her bitterly.

"You'll go to great lengths to cover your face if you're embarrassed about a pair of shoes or an outfit you don't like. Alternatively, hide it behind something else so that nobody would see how unsightly it is underneath," I said.

Barry smiled a little and crossed her arms.

"That's deep but you know what,Jam? You have such a kind heart. It's quite tragic that there are situations in which you have to have less love for yourself in order to preserve yourself."

Now, she's the one who gives me a bitter smile. Looking away from me and fixing her eyesight at sunset.

"When people judge others, they typically lose sight of how life functions. They don't think; they just base everything on what they observe. Because of this, people who are good-hearted are sometimes branded wicked, while those who are innocent are called the opposite," she said.

"What's your story, Barry?" I curiously asked.

They are more than simply Carter's people; I know that. I know he still keeps a lot of stuff about us hidden, but this is the worst of it. Who are those individuals who would give their lives to save me? It felt profound and significant the way Barry informed me that she believed me to be innocent. It occurred to me that perhaps she had gone through what I had.

With a small smile on her face, she turned back to face me and said, "Similar to yours, Jam."

She left me right after saying that.

Observing them from a distance, I knew that this would be more than I was expecting. Carter expressed that this is not the end in a very serious manner. And I really do appreciate him. However, I don't want any of them to suffer harm or be pulled along by this turmoil.

Beyond everyone else in the world, I love him. Yet, I am so disorganized to be with someone like him.

In addition to his amazing physical attributes, he possesses strength and intelligence. In short, he is too ideal. He deserved someone better.

"Finally!" Miggy said when the boat came to a stop.

I couldn't help but wonder where we were as I looked around.

It is an island-a lovely island with a large home in the center. Green trees and grass serve as a symbol of the area's overall beauty, and I can't help but be in awe.

Carter approached me as Ara and the others began to leave the boat.

"I am aware that you currently have a lot on your mind. And once you've had some time to recover, I'm willing to respond." I offer him a slight nod as he says.

When my feet finally touch the surface, I see a group of people walking in the distance. He repaired the blanket for me and assisted me in getting off the boat.

"MC, you're back," said the man with eyeglasses.

I turn to face Carter, who appears to be associated with everyone of them, and vice versa. He gave them an empty glance while nodding his head.

Nevertheless, nobody seemed to be pleased or upset to see him return. The female on the right is even sighing hard and giving me a pitying look.

"Let us help you first so that we can talk," the man added.

To his left, a woman who was perhaps my age approached me.

Carter let go of my arm, which gave me an alert, tense feeling. "Let me take care of her MC," the woman said.

"Don't worry, Jam." Carter observed my anxiety and said, "I know, they won't hurt you." The woman nodded and gave me a sincere smile.

"Okay," mahinang sambit ko.

As the woman led me into a spacious restroom, Carter moved to the opposite side of the home.

"You need help?" she asked. Naguluhan naman ako at hindi siya maintindihan.

"Huh?" Malawak siyang ngumiti.

"I mean you need assistance with bathing?
Kaya mo ba?"

Napanganga ako sa kaniya sinabi at agad na napaurong at iling.

"Ah-kaya ko, I'm sorry. I'm just-"

"It's okay, ganyan din ako nuon," aniya na ikinakunot ng nuo ko.

"What did you say?" I inquired. She just went ahead and got the tab ready for me. She filled the tab with milk before adding the lavender essential oil.

"Later, Jam. Maligo at magpahinga ka muna."

"Y-you know me?" gulat ko nanamang tanong.

"Yes, and for now, hanggang d'yan lang muna ang ibibigay ko sayong sagot. You have to clean and take a rest first, okay?" she said. Nag-aalinlangan man ay tumango parin ako sa kaniya.

"Good, I'll leave you here now."

Once she'd departed the room. I glance at the light purple fluid on the tab. I touch the water with my fingers as the scent of lavender fills my nostrils.

I remove the blanket and the thin cloth that covers my body, sensing the warm liquid and any calming sensation it may have given me.

My lips quivered as I let my body become moist with an opulent liquidness. Once more, tears flow freely, and I realize that I can no longer contain them. So I gave in to drowning one last time. I screamed in pain and then whispered, stating my hatred for those who had harmed me. I'm screaming at the pain that's been waiting to get out.

Finally, those painful memories that are beginning to surface are acknowledged and transformed into fuel, for me to stand up and fight for my innocence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Phantom Conspiracy By Ana

Mystery / Thriller

1.6K 228 15
【 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 】by Ambassador-run profiles: @NA on 'It's Always the Butler' @crime on 'Detective & Whodunit' @StoriesUndiscovered on 'Thrills N S...
405K 8.8K 84
(currently editing) When Isabella has finally had enough of the abuse, she decides to leave. She finally has the strength to run from the monster she...
592 44 14
I stared at the bright blue walls for so long. I used to love that colour. It used to be the colour of my room- the exact same shade. I thought that...
5.1K 642 16
•|COMPLETED|• ... The virtues you do may not come back to you but the sins you do does come back no matter you do it wantedly or not. A murder was r...