π“πˆπ‹π‹ π…πŽπ‘π„π•π„π‘ 𝐅𝐀�...

By mortaldoll

❝ I ππ„π‚π€πŒπ„ A πŒπŽππ’π“π„π‘ ππŽπ“ BECAUSE 𝐈 WANTED π“πŽπŽ. ❞ β–‹β€· 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡, a manic heretic a... More

TILL FOREVER FALLS APART
( graphics. )
( evaluation. )
( prologue. )
( part one. )
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
( part two. )
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
( part three. )

29

1.7K 65 68
By mortaldoll

XXVIII

TWENTY NINE.
leverage isn't hard to find.

     AFTER THAT CONFRONTATIONAL night, Dominic Peterson had left in a huff. His brain was scattered in a multitude of thoughts and none of them seem to become permanent in the wake of his frustration and disappointment. Dominic didn't know what lead him to the place he ended in—as his concentration to where he was going didn't matter much to him.

   Dominic had found himself walking down the hall of a familiar apartment complex. He reached the door with the same gold numbers on the familiar oak door. He let out a sigh.

Had he known long ago things would turn out this way—he would've tried a lot harder to stand against Eden's wishes. Yet, he never could say no to her.

He questioned whether he was a fool for staying so long.

Everyone had warned him that staying with her—or even talking with her would only bring him grief a sorrow. An eternity of pain—but he had been living that way the minute his sister left, or when he woke up turned into a vampire. Certainly, staying with Eden couldn't be that bad.

Now, he wasn't so sure.

He placed his timid hand on the golden door knob, twisting it open. The door let out a slight familiar creek. His foot passed the threshold, and a wave of painful nostalgia crashed over him. He almost couldn't believe it.

After five years of loneliness and despair, he once again felt the same way; this time he had what he missed those years. Yet things still hadn't changed. Dominic was certain things would go back to the way things used to be. Where it was them against the world. The feeling of comfort and victory, of living yet another day. He missed it all.

The distant cold shoulder and hidden secrets were all he knew for the past weeks.

The heel of his shoe echoed as he stood in the apartment. The apartment seemed as dull as he did at the moment, alone without the person he's cared for the most in his century alive. His calm thoughts screamed for him to stop being an idiot and forgive Eden—because if he didn't he'd loose the only good thing he ever had.

And he couldn't bring himself to do it.

Every ounce of him telling him to run back, telling him he shouldn't have left just weren't enough. Betrayal is hard to forgive—especially from those you love most. He'd be a fool to go back. At least that what he thought.

    The comforting silence was stilled for a moment, and it seemed as events from before had softly left in the environment he sulked in. Dominic forgot what five years alone had done to him and suddenly he remembered what it was like before.

Eden healing his werewolf bite. The night Eden came back tired from showing up the Strix. The endless days on end where he worried for her well being, although knowing she'd never need it.

She never needed him to survive.

He was merely a side kick—a useless one at that. Eden was powerful, and why she kept him around was a mystery to himself and everyone around him. He assumed it was for the pleasure any man could give a woman, but he was obliviously mistaken.

The sound of creaking wood outside the door caused Dominic to swiftly turn around. He expectingly stared at the door, and the knock followed quickly behind. It was pronounced and loud, surely indicating nothing ever good.

   Before Dominic could opened the door, the lock clicked. It was taunting click, and the door swung open slowly. That creaking of wood echoed in his ears.

Dominic peered at the entrance, finding no one. Not a single evidence of anyone standing at the door.

    Suddenly out of nowhere, a figure appeared out of thin air. A man dressed very ominously. A dark coat with equally matching pants. His hands were folded before him, his head cocked to the side as a mischievous smirk on his face was plastered proudly.

    The slight glimmer in his eyes seemed familiar to Dominic—like he had seen it many times before in a certain friend of his.

    "Hello, Dominic." He spoke slyly, his smile going unaltered.

    "Who the hell are you?" Dominic asked, warily looking the man up and down.

    "You have no idea who I am, do you?" He asked, he moved himself to lean against the doorframe, his shoulder pressed against the wood.

"Should I?" Dominic questioned with a shrug, his eyebrows furrowed.

"You should," He continued. "You and I do have a certain...mutual in common."

Dominic face had fell as he saw it in his smug look. He should've noticed it before. There was a reason why her name appeared in his mind the minute he saw the man before him.

"Eden." He muttered, slumping his head slightly.

"Guess I did make it easy for you, didn't I?" He smiled in response. Almost proudly.

"What do you want with her?" Dominic muttered. His aroma was unmatched to his twin sister that was for sure.

"Nothing you have to worry about." He responded, standing up straight once more. "I simply want to invite her to have a lovely family discussion."

"So you're the infamous twin brother." Dominic pointed out. His finger out and eyes narrowed. "You know, you two hardly look alike."

"Many would disagree." Ezra sighed in annoyance, having once more be reminded of his dreadful sister. Ezra prepared himself to pass the threshold holding Dominic and him apart before being stopped.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Dominic warned, his hand held out cautiously. "This place is spelled."

"Naive indeed." Ezra chuckled. His foot passed clearly and Dominic sighed in disappointment in himself.  "My sister has had quite the influence on you."

"Well, I guess I've learned from the best then." Dominic said.

"What you've learned from her won't do you justice, just as it did her." Ezra responded, treading closer to Dominic although paying no attention to his physical responses.

"You'll simply be the cause for you're own downfall, as will it be hers." Ezra shrugged carelessly.

"Eden is more than capable of protecting herself. She's proved it more than once." Dominic argued.

"She's reckless." Ezra lifted his head to look at Dominic. "She just as naive and stubborn as you, and you two are too blind to realize it."

"And when you two finally realize it, it'll be too late to save yourself from a tragic death." Ezra muttered, hoping the words would hurt the souls of Dominic Peterson.

"What? From your hand? I'm sure she'll do just fine kicking your ass." Dominic chuckled.

Ezra glared at him with a menacing anger. Ezra held his hand out. Dominic immediately fell to his knees, a growing pain commencing in his head. Dominic couldn't help but involuntarily grip onto it in hopes it'd stop.

"I'm sure she would," Ezra spoke, slowly crouching down to look at Dominic eyes straining to stay open as he shivered on his knees. "But what would happen if her precious minion was in danger because of it?"

"Do you really think she could then?"

Dominic let out a groan before Ezra flicked his hand. His body falling limp on the floor all together, and he had regretted leaving his house that night certainly.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

     Dominic had gasped awake quite loudly as he sat up in an unrecognizable surface. His hands had landed beside him as he held up his weight. Dominic turned his head side to side looking at the bed he was currently sitting on.

     His eyes trailed to the walls that were bare. There was minimal furniture in the room. A wooden dresser across from where he sat.

     The sudden rattle of the doorknob caught his attention. Dominic eyes awaited as the door opened revealing a much more petite figure from one he expected. She had brunette locks, a captivating dark eyes he'd seen more than once now.

      Another King sibling.

     She leaned against the doorframe, her arms crossed and eyes locked in his figure. She hummed. "You know, although Eden and I don't always see eye-to-eye, she does have good taste."

     Dominic scowled in response. "I thought you hated her too much to even speak her name."

     Delilah shrugged, "We've definitely had our moments, that's for sure."

     "Where the hell am I?" Dominic questioned, standing from the bed. Delilah stood taller in response, rolling her shoulder backs.

     "Don't worry, unlike our sister we don't have any plans to hurt you." Delilah assured, which did nothing for Dominic. It only angered him more.

     "Last I check, kidnapping doesn't make you any better." Dominic argued.

     "Aren't you glad we put you in a bed instead of some creepy basement?" Delilah rhetorically questioned, cocking her head to the side.

     "I don't think it makes a different." Dominic seethed, his hands curling into fist.

      "I'm pretty sure it does." Delilah responded.

     Dominic closed his eyes, turning his head to the side as he controlled his angered breath. He never believed Eden to be irritable, but he was starting to see which King sibling he liked least, even if the other snapped his neck.

     "Hey, are you okay? I hope I didn't push any buttons." Delilah taunted, the corner of her lips lifting to a smirk.

     Dominic sped towards where Delilah stood, causing her to jump back. The barrier between the room and hallway where she stood separating.

     "Come on, Dominic!" Delilah groaned, "I was hoping you'd live up to the high standard your sister and my sister put you."

     Dominic glared deep at Delilah who still carried a wide smirk. One that plastered proudly in her face.

     "You should've seen it coming." Delilah said.

     "Indeed he should've." A male voice jumped in. Delilahs head turned to the right, staring at her brother.

    "Delilah," Ezra started, "What did I say about taunting him?"

     "Don't be so dull, Ezra." Delilah groaned once more in annoyance. "What's the point of keeping him here if we don't have a little fun with him?"

     "He's solely leverage." Ezra reminded authoritatively to his younger sister, whom he towered over as he approached her.

     "Leverage for what, may I ask?" Dominic intervened from inside the room he was currently stuck in. "Because if this is your way of luring your sister, you should've tried harder."

     "What makes you say that?" Ezra questioned.

     "We currently aren't on speaking terms, if you didn't know." Dominic informed, turning away from Ezra and Delilah King.

"Are you so sure of that?" Ezra questioned, his face skewing into one of amusement. "Because I've never her seen her go to such extreme measure for anyone as much as she does for you."

"That's high praise, coming from the man who wants to kill her." Dominic scoffed.

"It indeed is," Ezra admitted. "But it's all for necessary measures."

Dominic crossed his arms, his eyes furrowing in thought. He turned back to face both the siblings. "And what are your plans for me here?"

"Torture me until Eden retaliates?" Dominic ask, "Kill me?"

"Kill you?!" Delilah asked bewildered, "We want justice, not revenge."

"Just two sides of the same coin. Depending on which side of the story you believe in." Dominic said.

Ezra nodded his head. "You're not entirely wrong, but my sister is right."

"We simply want our treacherous sister to face the consequences of her actions. Can you blame us?" Ezra asked, his hands folding behind him in a graceful manner.

"You're a century too late, buddy." Dominic joked, not caring much on why they wanted him here.

"Do you find this amusing?" Ezra questioned, moving his arms to cross in front of him.

"No, but I will enjoy when you're plan fails and you're unfortunately facing the end of a murderous blade." Dominic responded, his face carrying a mischievous smirk.

There was doubt within himself.

Perhaps leaving on unsaid terms will end with his death. He trusted Eden with his life, even on her bad days, but this time there would be no one to blame but himself. For leaving and not working it out.

His stupidity lead him to this. As to be expected.

Ezra walked calmly pass the threshold, stepping threateningly closer to Dominic standing in the bedroom. "You seem so sure of that..."

"Don't tell me the though hasn't crossed your mind." Dominic said, "I mean, you do realize who you're dealing with?"

"Your crazy twin sister who brought down a whole sanitarium of over a hundred patients in a second." Dominic tauntingly reminded.

He warily took a step, as Ezra had stopped coming closer. "The one who killed your parents in the same manner."

"Watch your next words carefully..." Ezra warned, the words practically seething through his clenched teeth.

"I don't need to," Dominic quickly responded, shrugging. "You know the rest of the story."

Dominic turned away with a smirk on his face. Ezra, being pushed to the edge, thrusted his hand out, strained. Dominic groaned at the growing pain, falling to his knees.

Ezra shifted himself to stand before Dominic again, similar to the last vision Dominic had before waking in the room he was trapped in.

"You think because my sister cares for you, your well protected." Ezra taunted, his face remain stoic as ever. Yet, the slightly twitch of anger could be seen in his eyes.

"Poor Dominic," Ezra muttered, crouching to stare into his eyes. "Always hiding behind the elusive shadow of Eden King."

"But what happens when you remove her from your view?" Ezra asked. "What are you then?"

"A hell of a better person...than you'll ever will be." Dominic strained, before letting a groan escape him mouth. The unbearable pain beginning to weaken the sight of Ezra King cocking his head to the side.

"Perhaps." Ezra expressed, his voice matching the lack of emotion his face presented. "I wish you no harm, Dominic Peterson, but you're simply a means to an end."

Ezra flicked his hand once more, and Dominic body fell with a thump. Ezra stood, soothing his pants. Before walking out the room he caught the judgement of his younger sister as she stared at him with a sour look.

"What was that about him being 'solely leverage'?" Delilah asked, a tinge of annoyance laced into her words.

"Dear sister," Ezra started, a smile forming willingly to his lips. "I couldn't allow you to have all the fun."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

     Dominic sat on the bed, his foot bouncing consistently as it sat on the wood floor. His elbows rested on his knees as he continued to fiddle with his hands.

He should've seen it the minute someone came to the door of their previously owned apartment. He should've ran the minute he could, and he will probably get himself, and Eden killed for it.

The door flying open filled the utter silence and creaking of the wooden planks. Ezra appeared with his hands folded before him. His taunting lean against the doorframe screamed arrogance and an inflated ego he knew well.

     "What the door ever do to you?" Dominic asked, sparing Ezra King a glance before looking away.

He had to admit having been kidnapped before, he was quite...bored. He'd expect more from people related to Eden. Maybe torture, or even his death.

Perhaps the waiting was the worse they could do. Letting him sink in a dark hole of questioning what their next move would be, or if he'd even get out of this alive.

    "Your incessant noise is distracting me." He sneered, Dominic furrowed his brows.

     "Seriously?" Dominic asked, standing up from the bed. "You kidnapped me and the minute I've become a bother, you complain?"

     "Do you know how kidnapping works?"

     "Have I mentioned how irritable you are?" Ezra asked, rolling his eyes and letting out a frustrated sigh.

    "Yeah, every time you compare me to your sister," Dominic sighed out, wincing internally mentioning Eden. "Who won't give in to your game, by the way."

     "You sure of that?" Ezra asked, pinching the bridge of his nose.

     "I've told you already, Eden and I..." Dominic trailed off, his hand running through his hair. "Let's just say I'm not a priority to her at the moment."

    Ezra hummed, with a frown. He reached into the pocket of his trousers. He pulled out a phone, that Dominic knew belonged to him. He sent Dominic a smirk before pressing a button. If Dominic resembled any emotion, he knew it wasn't there anymore as the sweet melody of a voice he cherished filled the room.

    "Hey, it's me I wanted to call and make sure you're okay." Eden began through the speaker of the phone. "I know we left things unsaid... and i'm sorry for it all. I shouldn't have lied to you... about any of it."

"Please know, I still care for you, and I need to know if you're okay. Please call me back." The line cut off after filling the room with an eerie silence once more.

Dominic's eyes remained trained on his phone that Ezra held with a smirk, knowing he'd earn the reaction he was confronted with.

     "Seems like she still cares for you more than you thought." Ezra muttered, watching Dominic shake himself from a daze.

     "Your her weakness, Dominic." Ezra shook his head. "Everyone has a weakness."

     "Yeah, what's mine then?" Dominic questioned, sitting back on the bed in thought.

     Ezra cocked his head to the side with a sly smile. "I don't think you need me to answer that question."

     "What now, hm?" Dominic asked once more. "You kill her and me?"

     "You? No." Ezra responded, waking into the room with his lips formed to a thin line. "As much as I may hate to admit, your not a bad person, Dominic."

And that was truth coming from Ezras mouth. He'd heard personally how the man before him was. Sweet and kind. A true gentleman by heart. Even after transitioning, he still carried his empathy, even if he turned to a ripper.

     "You've just chosen bad company."

     "She isn't a bad person." Dominic muttered under his breath, although not going unnoticed by Ezra.

     Dominic lifted his slumped head to stare at Ezra, who seemed intrigued with what he might add. "She just trying to protect herself from more harm."

     "You know it's your parents fault for who she became." Dominic continued.

     "Perhaps," Ezra shrugged. "But even those who commit mistakes have to face consequences."

    Ezra shot Dominic one last look before turning to look at the door. In all honesty, Ezra pitied the vampire. How could someone so innocent get involved with someone so manic?

"How can you do that?" Dominic asked, as Ezra had stopped himself from stepping out the room.

     "I'm not sure what your referring too." Ezra responded.

     "Hate your sister so much? Enough to want to kill her." Dominic clarified.

     "Every night...after the incident," Ezra began. "I hear my fathers and sisters scream."

     "Screaming for help." Ezra muttered as his skin shivered at the thought. "The fire feeling so hot as it was inches from my skin."

     "We only made it out because of your sister." Ezra directed to Dominic, who's breath had caught in his throat at the mention. "And even then, the smoke in our lungs still managed to kill us."

     "Now," Ezra motioned to himself, almost disgusted at who he currently was. "I'm an abomination of nature."

     "You may not understand my reasoning," Ezra said. "But she still needs to respond to her wrong doings, and I'll be the one to ensure she does."

A/N: hey y'all...it's been awhile :/ i've had a major writing block this past month, and with the added stress of finishing school and summer school i just needed a quick break. then boom, i was suddenly motivated to finish this chapter. i will have to tell you all... there is about five chapters left in part two... then we are off to season 5.
i am scared to say the least. these next chapters are going to be a whirlwind, but i think they will end up being the best parts of the book ;) anyways love y'all <3 (AND WE ARE SO CLOSE TO 20k!!)

—mina <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 2K 45
ΛΛ‹κ’°πŸ’κ’± - Μ₯ΫͺΝ™ΫͺΛšβ”Šβ› 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 βœβ”ŠΛš Μ₯ΫͺΝ™Ϋͺβ—Œ β•°β”ˆβž€ ❝(v.) To attract and move deeply: rouse to ecstatic admiration.] ━━━in which a woman born in the 1...
1M 26.6K 50
"Are you mental? We have locked these kinds of people here for hundreds of years for a reason" "I know; but she is our last resort" In the years when...
152K 2.7K 21
Elizabeth Marshall is someone who has suffered a lot since she was kicked out of her house. Her sister Hayley Marshall was also kicked out too. She a...
97.3K 2.8K 45
π‹πžπ¨π§π¨π«πš 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐒𝐬𝐬𝐞, A girl turned weapon, obtaining an insatiable desire of knowledge. Desperate to hold the worlds secrets in the palm of...