easy for you to say « f.weasl...

Af moonstonecult

❝ a darkness that holds me, and loves when I bleed, it locks all the doors and then hides all the keys... Mere

EASY FOR YOU TO SAY
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.

50.

6.4K 280 85
Af moonstonecult

•♡•♡•

IT HAD TAKEN NEARLY A WHOLE month for both Cedric Diggory and Rebecca Black to come to the final conclusion that their best friend, Adrienne Samson, had not even boarded the train to Hogwarts that year. They had searched far and wide and in every nook and cranny of the castle in pursuits, trying to find the blonde, scouring the Great Hall every night in hopes they'd find her seated somewhere unexpected. They even asked Harry for the Marauders' Map – because it never lies – and when they found no indication that Adrienne was within the Hogwarts' boundaries, they faltered their search. They had even asked Angelina Johnson, however awkward it might've been; if something had happened between them during their fling – or if she knew of the girl's whereabouts.

She stopped replying to my letters a week into summer, Angie had admitted quietly, nothing wrong happened between us – at least in my opinion – but all my letters still went unanswered, so I just stopped sending them.

It was all-consuming to finally realize that their trio had simmered down to a mere duo. The Gryffindor was usually the one holding them altogether, the glue and the comedic relief in times of peril. For Adrienne to be gone, so was part of each of them. She had left a gaping hole, and it wasn't fillable. Cedric had taken the news particularly hard, now seen staring glumly at the wall at random times, lost in his thoughts before he was having to shake his head to himself and return to his work.

What really set the nail into the coffin was when Professor McGonagall was confirmed it all, and then some. The duo had asked the Gryffindor Head of House two weeks into the term, in the midst of their hunt – and it came a shock to both the teens and the Deputy Headmistress that the two friends hadn't been notified that Adrienne had transferred schools over the summer. Originally, Rebecca laughed at the prospect – actually laughing, as if Minerva had said the funniest joke known to man – then had to slowly fade it out when she and Cedric were both met by a pitying expression.

"I just figured she would've tell us," Cedric suddenly uttered, worrying his bottom lip between his teeth as he twirled his quill – no longer intent on finishing his work for the night, "I mean – haven't we all been friends for years?" He questioned incredulously, eyebrows furrowed and in distress, "How is it that she was just able to just get up and leave us? Without any notice, or even a goodbye."

"Maybe it wasn't her decision," Rebecca offered meekly, peering up from A Beginner's Look into Wizarding Laws and Policies that Professor Flitwick had been nice enough to loan her, "Maybe her mum suggested it – like a clean break from her father – and she just went along with it?" She set her book aside momentarily, "you know that they've been at crossroads for a few years now. Maybe it was just time."

"Yeah, but don't you feel upset that she's just gone?" He questioned once more, "Without a goodbye to us – her supposed best friends of nearly six years!" He frowned, completely ignoring the shush from Madam Pince who had passed their table.

"Of course I am," She matched his frown, eyebrows laying flat against her face in a slight annoyance, "but what good would it be to be upset with her now, especially when she's not here to explain it all?" Rebecca reached over the table, placing her hand over his gently, "What's done has been done and it's not like we can simply change it."

Cedric remained silent after giving a slight shrug, his features twisting up but moving to face downward back to his Divination work. Rebecca returned to her book as well, though, now finding it extremely hard to begin reading again with a snuffed-up brain and tired eyes. The weeks of constant school work that had been piled on by each of the teachers, the hunt for Adrienne, and as well as getting word from Harry that Sirius was coming back north for something important – she just couldn't focus anymore. Her head was spinning and temples aching. Shutting her book closed with a small snap, she let out a small yawn and grabbed the rest of her belongings.

"I think I'm going to turn in for the night," She informed Cedric softly, who had caught the contagious yawn and gave one of his own, "I've got double Potions tomorrow morning and my head's been killing me," She admitted, "I'll see you tomorrow for breakfast?"

The Hufflepuff gave a tired nod, offering her a small parting smile before returning to the last of his monthly predictions based on the lines of his palm. Rebecca silently moved towards the double doors of the library, happily stepping through them and into the fairly empty corridor with a breath of relief. It was far too late to be in the library, but Madam Pinch seemed to be lenient for once – seeing as they were always in there regardless. Beginning her steps back towards the Ravenclaw Tower, she walked the halls slowly, hoping not to be stopped by a Prefect who'd take points for breaking curfew.

Especially when tomorrow was said to be quite the day. Lessons would end half an hour earlier to prepare for when the delegations from both Durmstrang and Beauxbatons would arrive. Then that same night, during the Halloween feast, the three champions would be decided and celebrated.

"Well, look who it is," A familiar voice drawled teasingly, a slightly taller shoulder nudging her own and snapping her from her sleepy gaze at the far end of the hall to the ginger now at her side, "fancy seeing you around here," He mused mockingly, "You're still attending Hogwarts? What are you now, an eighth year?"

"Hello, George," She greeted quietly, mustering up a sheepish smile, "sorry it's been a while –"

"No need to apologize," He waved her off, smiling just as before, "how you've been? Back to thinking we hate you?"

"I wouldn't be surprised if you did," Rebecca admitted quietly, bracing her shoulders, "I don't think I'd blame you either – I've been a real bad friend to you these last few weeks," She let out a breath, grimacing, "I think this is the longest conversation we've had in a while."

"You've got your own things going on, Becks — and while I'm here to listen whenever you need — I can completely understand your need for space and time to process."

"Good grief, have you just gone and given me a nickname?" She gasped in faux horror, pressing a hand to her chest dramatically.

"I was just being honest and a super caring best friend and you've just gone and ruined it," George sighed aloud, as dramatic as ever as he rolled his eyes, "thanks a lot, that's the last time I ever say anything nice to you."

"No, hey –" Rebecca immediately paused in her steps, grasping his bicep gently so he pulled to a stop before her, "I know you mean well, and I'm so thankful to have someone like you in my life, George. Honest," She began to grimace again, "It's just that – feelings and emotions – talking of it all," she gave a slight shudder of discomfort, scrunching her nose, "it's all still really weird to me. I've only ever been open to Cedric or Adrienne before, so the thought of having to open up to another person, or rather, people, in my case, it's literally terrifying."

"The potential of telling almost everything about yourself to someone, and then something going horribly wrong – it all can just be used against you," Rebecca pursed her lips slightly when George frowned, "I'm just used to being closed off, and I know it's annoying, but I just need some time to allow myself let someone in again."

With a small pursed grimace, she sighed slightly before giving an awkward chuckle at his continued silence, "And now that I've shared that with you, I'm going to go cringe internally to myself for the next month until I ease into the realization that you knowing more about me isn't the worst thing in my life."

He nodded slowly, as if taking everything in, "I'm going to hug you," George insisted simply, opening up his arms, "you have no say in it just this once – and I'm just going to do it."

"Ew – no."

The ginger simply smiled in knowing, hooking both his arms around her frame and tugging her into his embrace. Rebecca let out a slight laugh, playfully squirming against his grasp. He only tightened his arms, laughing as well and making his chest vibrate.

"George!" She shrieked, quickly grasping onto the back of his robes as her feet were suddenly swept up from under herself, her top half set atop his left shoulder so it dug into her abdomen, "let me down!"

"Nope," George hummed, already beginning to walk off away from the Ravenclaw Tower, "you're coming back with me to the Gryffindor common room," He insisted simply, ignoring her babbles of protest, "I'm tired of Fred moping about and acting like a git at random moments only because he misses you."

"That's not – wait – really?"

"Aha!" He let out a breath, laughing to himself and shaking his head, "Godric's ghost, woman, can't you see how miserable it is when you're apart?" He questioned incredulously, "How much more obvious can it get to everybody else before you both agree to be together?"

"George Weasley, put me down this instant!" Rebecca exclaimed, flailing her legs which were only then held down by his arm across the back of her knees, "you can just kidnap me to push your agenda of getting me and Fred together!"

"I can – and I have," George beamed, taking the final few steps up to to the Fat Lady's portrait with a dashing grin, "evening, Elizabeth, looking as lovely as ever – balderdash."

The woman giggled to herself, blushing bashfully as she happily swung the entrance open – easily ignoring the kidnapping in-process as George smiled innocently at her. Rebecca only let out a dramatic sigh, finally falling completely limp against George's hold as he stepped inside the lions' den. It was practically empty – most likely due to the time already nearing midnight. In the small hope she'd be let down, Rebecca used both hands to pinch tightly at his sides. The younger twin let out a yelp, twitching funnily and letting her figure collapse onto the scarlet couch as he rubbed at his abused sides. 

"You're so mean to me," He frowned, childishly crossing his arms over his chest, "and to think, I was going to let you into our room."

"You were going to let who into our –"

Fred Weasley paused abruptly in his tracks just as he got off the last of the steps from the boys' dormitories, mouth running dry. His eyes immediately fell upon the awkwardly standing Ravenclaw in the midst of the scarlet coloured common room, a pursed, slightly sheepish smile spreading across her features. He wanted to hate how fast his heart skipped a beat in her sudden presence after weeks of measly conversations or passing smiles – he really did – but the smile curled the corners of his lips upwards regardless of his inner turmoil. George, now completely over their silent looks and fond smiles, let out an exaggerated groan and forced his face into a throw pillow from the armchair.

"I – uh – how have you been?" Fred offered quietly, rubbing the back of his neck as he eagerly drank in her close-up appearance.

"Fine, thank you," Rebecca responded slowly, both her hands moving to be tucked into her robe pockets, "and you?"

"Fine," He too answered simply.

George let out another stifled groan within the pillow's fabric, screaming internally at them both. In removing the pillow from his reddening face, he turned to his brother and gave him a pointed look. Fred pretended not to notice it, shifting his gaze to his fuzzy slippers with a small innocent whistle. Rebecca, sensing the awkwardness and wanting nothing more than to escape it, slowly began shuffling towards the common room's exit. And she would've made it, had it not been for the loud throat clearing from the younger twin who kept her rooted to her spot. Peering meekly over her shoulder, he pointed a single finger towards the staircase that Fred had just come down from.

Despite the bubbling defiance that wanted to tell George no, giving it a quick mull over, she silently just followed the pointed finger towards the staircase. After being sent the same look, Fred let out a nervous breath before following after her. Rebecca paused just halfway up the steps, letting him shuffle around her to lead the way towards one of the higher floors and down an empty hall. George didn't even follow them up, most likely sitting and waiting on the armchair he had tossed himself on. Fred opened the door to his dorm, awkwardly turning back before gesturing her inside.

Surprisingly enough, even while not knowing exactly what it was – Rebecca wasn't all that nervous as she first assumed she'd be. Sure, she had some doubts, but all in all, she was in the clear and the metaphorical quaffle of admitted feelings was in Fred's hands. So, in knowing she technically had the upper hand, something in her had told her to use it to her advantage.

"So, are you going to –"

"I don't know how to make myself anymore clear," Fred suddenly blurted out, making her falter in the trek to sit upon one of the beds, "I-I mean – nothing less than announcing it to the Great Hall –"

"Announcing what...exactly..?" She questioned slowly, cocking up an eyebrow as she sat on the nearest bed, which just happened to be his own.

"I like you," He insisted firmly, "I really like you – and apparently I'm not as smooth as I thought I was because all my flirting and moves have practically gone unnoticed and –"

"W-Wait," She stammered forcibly, pausing as if the words were finally registering in her head, "you've been flirting with me?"

"Yes!" Fred snorted, nodding quickly, "I have been for like the last 8 months, thank you for finally noticing."

"You....you haven't just been being nice?" Rebecca asked obliviously, furrowing her eyebrows as she peered upward.

He looked taken back, cheeks flushed bright red as he gaped, "you thought I was just being nice?"

And while she knew what he truly meant, the adorably flustered look on Fred's face had her playing once more, acting innocent and purposely dull, "....extremely nice?"

He retorted incredulously, "you seriously cannot be serious – you've flirted back!?"

"I don't even know what flirting is!"

"You've kissed my cheek plenty of times!"

"As is per customary for numerous European countries!"

"We've kissed – on the lips – like a bunch of times over the summer!"

"And yet you never did anything!" She exclaimed, trying to hold back her snickers as he ran both his hands over his face in exasperation, "all I know is that we're good friends who occasionally share the odd kiss."

Fred looked so lost for a moment, almost in pity before he was asking; a bit hopefully, "Are you purposely being obtuse?"

"Yes!"

"Why?!"

"Because this is weird!"

"Wait, wait, wait –" A smug grin grew on his face slowly, the words registering and immediately making the dread rise in her chest, "so you have known that I've been flirting with you."

"Not exactly," Rebecca insisted in a hum, "I'm still pretty dull on exactly when it started –"

"–and you like me too...?" He questioned rhetorically, taking her hand to tug her up from his bed.

"Now, I wouldn't say that–"

"You like me," Fred stated in a matter-of-fact tone, grinning, "admit it."

"I don't have to do squat," She retorted, "you're the one that was in need of admittance."

"Oh, you daft girl," He had sighed, almost smiling fondly as he shook his head.

"Did you just call me dumb?" Rebecca folded her arms over her chest, cocking up an eyebrow as the ginger tried to near and wrap his arms around her waist.

"No – Not like that," He immediately insisted, eyes slightly widened before he was chuckling and shaking his head, "I only meant, for a Ravenclaw, you are awful at picking up on cues."

"I'm academically smart, not socially smart," She retorted in a mutter, still not giving into the intense puppy-dog look, "and it still doesn't give you the right to call me dumb."

"I'm the dumb one, really," Fred stated slowly, shaking his head once more, "I've taken all this time trying to be subtle and hope you just casually pick up on my feelings, only to find out you thought I was only being nice."

"Yeah, pretty dumb of you," Rebecca nodded along, fighting off the grin that threatened her lips, "plus, I already said what I needed to say when you were being pouty over Aiden."

"Oh, you're both on a first name basis now, are you?" He immediately furrowed his eyebrows, looking rather put-off by the comment.

"I worry about your thought process sometimes," She uttered, looking incredulously up at the ginger, "and you say I'm the one that misses on cues."

"I've wasted quite a bit of time, haven't I?"

"Well, I dunno, I don't happen to think all the pining was a waste – good story to tell, really," She insisted with a teasing hum, "good lore to our relationship, if you will."

Rebecca paused momentarily, taking in a short breath before she was peering up once more with a faltering smile, "are you sure you'd be okay with going slow?" She questioned lowly, "just until I sort myself out and –"

"And what if I don't want you to 'sort yourself out'?" Fred frowned slightly, "I met you, and began liking you because you were different – not because I saw what you could change yourself into."

"It's just...coming back this term, to everybody knowing my business in way of gossip articles, it threw me off," She admitted softly, "what with the tournament, and all the stuff with my dad, and just not knowing where we stood together and how I could express what I felt – I just have this tendency to coop myself off at the slightest bit of misfortune or anxiety."

"I've noticed," He mused quietly, "but it's not like it's gonna send me running," Fred squeezed her hand reassuringly, "and I know I'm not George – but I swear I'm a really good listener, I can even go get Ginny to prove it –"

"I know you're a good listener," Rebecca chuckled lowly, holding onto his hand a bit tighter so he wasn't able to run off and bother his sister, "it's just a lot for me to process all at once – and then to burden you with stuff like that –" She gave a short breath, shaking her head, "that's asking for far more than listening. I'm all kinds of weird and isolated and this complete fuck-up because of things I can't control..."

"That's not how I see you," He frowned, though his cheeks tinted red at his own honesty, "you're so much more than what you think you are."

"But it's not fair to you – having to spell everything out for me –"

"I'd happily go the pace of a slug for you," He interrupted, stifling a small laugh when she too chuckled, "just as long as I get to call you my girlfriend – and you can call me your whatever – Godric that makes me sound mental –"

"Yeah, you're definitely going to be teased by Bill and Charlie," She mused quietly.

"So be it," Fred murmured, giving a half-shrug before he was bringing their joint hands to his mouth and pressing a kiss to the back of her hand.

"Okay."

"Okay..?"

Rebecca reached forward after releasing the hold of his hand, bringing both of her own to either side of his face. Fred nearly choked on his own breath in surprise when she pressed their lips together ever-so-gently. He almost flailed excitedly, hands hovering stupidly before finally resting on the curve of her waist. She pulled away after a short moment, smiling shyly when Fred was practically beaming in return, one of his hands leaving her side to cup the side of her warming face and run his thumb over her cheekbone.

"Soo...just so we're clear," He cleared his throat, "is that a yes to me calling you my girlfriend – despite us not ever being on a single date..?" A playful smile was curling his lips upward.

"Yes, Fred –" Rebecca stifled a small laugh as his smile immediately widened and he pressed another gleaming peck to her lips, "I'd love to be your girlfriend," She went slightly giddy at the thought, an unfamiliar tingle going up her spine as she cringed at her own girlish nature, "and you're my whatever," she added teasingly, mocking his words.

"As long as you're mine," Fred uttered, still smiling like a giant idiot as the feeling of triumph filled his chest.

•♡•♡•

(a/n):
only took about 50 chapters but they're finally together lmaooo

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

49.6K 1K 53
Two redheads One love In good times and bad In health and sickness At least that's what they thought... a Fred Weasley love (and more) story 02/22...
4.6M 147K 103
➥COMPLETED ❝Fred Weasley! You're such a pain in the arse!❞, she yelled, throwing her hands up furiously, but he just smirked with the usual mischievo...
248K 3.7K 15
title says it all, hope you enjoy x
4.5K 188 14
i was a kid but i wasn't clueless, someone who loves you, wouldn't do this. ⦗ sorcerers stone ⇾ deathly hallows ron weasley x female! oc ...