Between Shades of Gray

By raidenredux

Alone in a bar, drinking your heart out, being the only single girl in a gay bar here in Los Angeles sometime... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI

VIII

216 8 0
By raidenredux

"Hey, how's Lisa?" Jisoo approaches me while I'm eating my lunch.

I had a rough morning; there were lots and lots of patients coming in the ER where I am currently assigned. The place was like a war zone. Adrenaline washed over me earlier that I even had no chance to sit down ever since I came to work this morning.

I took a bite of my sandwich first before replying because I am so so hungry.

"She is fine. Camila is taking care of her."

Jisoo's eyes suddenly went wide.

"Camila? As in Camila Cabello?"

"Yes. Is she your cousin too? Wait, didn't you know?" I ask then I reach out for my bottled water on the table and drink it.

"Technically, no. We're not cousins. Camila came from Lisa's step father's side of the family but we kind of grew up close together... They didn't even tell me. Those sneaky bitches!!!" She irritatedly said and furrows her eyebrows.

"Oh, okay. I get it. You should visit her then. I think I heard that she is staying at Lisa's penthouse apartment."

"Well, she was early. She usually comes for Lisa's birthday, now I wonder why-"

"Lisa's birthday? When is her birthday?" I ask and Jisoo stares at me in disbelief.

"You mean you don't know? I thought you two were close? You don't know the birthday of your best friend-slash-roommate? Ugh!!! Unbelievable! Lisa's birthday is very very important Jennie." Then she made a 'tsk' sound so I cross my arms.

"How will I suppose to know that? She didn't even tell me. And we've just known each other for like, what? 8 months?"

"Well, you should have asked her before. Anyway, Her birthday will be next month, 27th of March and her parents are already preparing for that. It is a very grand celebration, you know. Very grand, I'm telling you. It is a formal event that requires invitation and stuff. If you haven't received one, well, too bad. Usually, a lot of important people get invites. Politicians, businessman, actors, actresses alike; and all of our relatives around the world fly here just for this event. It happens every year; it's like a grand reunion or something." She explained and I just stare at her with an open mouth because it sounds so mind blowing.

"Woah! Yeah, that sounds really grand." I fidget in my seat, as I realized that I'm going to meet every relative of Lisa in a month.

Then I remembered Camila Cabello, she has a strong aura that I don't want to mess with. She was nice but I think that we won't be able to get along. Well, at least for me, she was scary. I can't even look at her in the eye. She has this strong personality surrounding her that makes me nervous. And yeah, she is also gorgeous and not-to-mention famous. Like really famous.

Havana oh na na... my brain sing. That's one of her iconic song, chart topper and I can't believe that I got to meet her personally in an unexpected way.

"Hey, you zoned out. What are you thinking?" Jisoo pats me on my shoulder.

"Huh? Nothing." I shake my head.

"Okay, if you say so. Anyway, I'll just call Lisa later. I really miss that Camila bitch." Then she stands up and about to take a leave.

"And oh, FYI is Lisa is Camila's prodigy. She really looks up to her. I can say that Camila is an older version of Lisa and Lisa is the younger version of Camila, you get my point?"

Furrowing my eyebrows, I nod my head. I got it. Like copy-paste.

Sighing deeply, I finish my food and drinks quickly before resuming my work in the ER.

Camila is an older version of Lisa and Lisa is the younger version of Camila.

Those words were stuck inside my head the entire day.

Well, I'll be damn.

***

One week had passed that Lisa and I haven't spent much time together. She was always with Camila while I was busy working in the hospital, making up for the hours I need as an intern. I also worked 24 hours for 3 days. And when I get home, she wasn't there.

She insisted on taking me to VIP parties with her cousin but I refused. She pouted and I was tempted to give in but I have a busy week so I just promised her that next time, I'll be available for her. Besides, I saw how happy she was with her cousin and I just want them to enjoy their moment together.

Apparently, the reason why Camila arrived early for Lisa's birthday was that she wasn't going to make it at the exact date. She has taping schedule in Australia that she couldn't cancel; otherwise she would be sued for breaking the contract. This is the only week she would be available for Lisa and she really is making up for it.

With a deep sigh, I unlock our apartment door. I wasn't expecting company the moment I open the door.

"Nini! You're home. Thanks God!" Lisa squeals.

Nini?

Wait! Did she made a nickname for me too???

Awww. Cute.

Lisa carries a shot glass on her right hand, and a lemon on her left hand.

Her cousin was sitting beside her on the couch, she smirks at me and I smiled nervously.

"Actually, it's not that early." I said, pointing my hand at the wall clock. "It's almost midnight."

Lisa looks at the clock, and then she giggles. She is clearly drunk.

"Oh yeah. You're right. You're late." Then she looks at me and points her finger at me.

"Then why are you late young woman?!" She pretend to be angry. I laugh lightly, as I walking towards her.

"You know exactly why." I said and softly pinch her chin. Then I pull her head to lower it so I can give a kiss at her forehead. A habit that I developed everytime I came home.

Lisa looks up after I kiss her head.

"Yeah yeah, yeah, I know why. Who are you fucking this time at the on call room? Or the storage room? Or the dressing room or-"

My eyes widen as Lisa continues, I was flushing in embarrassment when I heard Camila laughing.

Oh my goodness.

"Lisa! Stop it. I wasn't, okay?!" I cover her mouth and look at other girl. Then all of a sudden I scream in pain, I immediately took my hand from Lisa mouth.

"Ouch! Why did you bit me?!" I accused. She just laugh.

After a moment , Lisa offers me a tequila shot and I accepted it. I had 6 shots of tequila all in all. I found out that Camila was really cool and friendly. The nervousness I felt towards her starts to subside.

"You know Camz, Nini here ish my 2.0. You get it? She followshed my footstepsh ash I followed yoursh. And now ssshe ish fucking the entire hospital population. Seeee I am a great teacher! Like you!"

Camila couldn't stop laughing at Lisa's drunken state.

"I think you should rest now Lalisa." Camila stands up after a while and guides her towards her bedroom.

"No no no! I am not finishsshhed talking, hey!"

But Camila ignores her as she continues to guide her on her room.

How many tequila shots did she had?

Shaking my head, I began to clean up the empty bottles of tequila and shot glasses. Then I took a shower immediately so I could have my long-awaited sleep.

***

After I finish taking shower, I put my bathrobe on and walk towards my bedroom. So imagine my surprise when I see Camila sitting on my bed as soon as I open my door.

"Oh, hi." I stand there awkwardly, wondering why she is inside my bedroom.

"Y-You need a-anything?"

She just gives me 'the look' that I gulp nervously.

Uh-oh.

"Why are you here exactly?" I ask nervously as she walks towards me, her hips swaying seductively.

She hovers in front of me that I stood motionless.

"I was waiting for this opportunity actually. Glad that I have the chance now."

"What do-"

She cuts me off by kissing me fully. I barely even registered what was going on as she pushes me against the wall.

Wait, what?

I gasp and she took that opportunity for her tongue to enter my mouth aggressively. But with all my courage, I push her away.

"Wait. What are you doing?"

Her eyes stare down at me dangerously. She was gasping and frowning at the same time.

"What's wrong? Tell me, aren't you at least attracted to me? I'll be very offended, Jennie. So choose your words." She said, her words teasing now.

"You are a very attractive woman, Camila. But clearly you're drunk. And you're Lisa's cousin. It would be inappropriate-"

She starts to laugh that made me furrow my eyebrows at her.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask.

"Lisa's cousin? So what? And why would it be inappropriate?" then she stops, her eyes widen.

"Don't tell me you're in love with her, Jennie? Wait... Are you?"

"What? No!" I answer immediately. My heart beats faster that it should. I am really not in love with Lisa. Love is a strong word. I am NOT in love with her!

I can't be in love with Lalisa Manoban!

"What are you talking about? She is more like a sister to me... my bestfriend. She is JUST my bestfriend. Why would-"

"I was just asking, Jennie. No need to get all worked up like that." She said as she cuts me off by pressing her point finger on my lips.

"I'm not. Okay?" I shake my head as I remove her finger on my lips.

She laugh again, then she looks at me with those seductive bedroom eyes of hers.

"Number One, I am not THAT drunk. Number Two, this is just a one night stand. I'm not asking for a relationship. Hell, I don't do relationships. Number Three, you're gorgeous and I want you. Now. I'm already making a scene in my head and you're making me want you even more by your resistance. FYI, I love challenges."

Oh god. Her words. She's so vulgar.

"And lastly, if you're not in love with little Lisa here, then prove it to me. You're single, I am single. So what the fuck is the problem, Jennie?"

If you're not in love with Lisa, then prove it to me. That sentence keep replaying in my head.

Her words are stuck on my head. I am not in love with Lisa. Yes, I have this kind of feelings towards her but I don't know if it's love or lust or anything that I know of. And I won't let anyone ruin our friendship even if it includes myself and my feelings. It's just so perfect to taint or break it.

So I did what I had to do.

Lalisa 2.0

Dr. Sex Goddess

Whichever name they want to call me, I don't care.

Who, in their right mind, can say NO to a gorgeous famous woman in front of me? She's Camila Cabello for crying out loud!

Blame the alcohol or my irrational thinking. Screw everything. The gorgeous woman wants me? Am I really that lucky?

I grab her shirt and pull her towards me; I give her open-mouthed kisses as I begin to push her towards my bed. I straddle her thighs but then she flips me over.

"Hmmm. You want to be dominant, huh? That is not an option with me, sweetie." She smirks at me seductively, and then she starts to trail down kisses on my neck. Next thing I know, she was pulling my robe off me.

***

Oh god. I woke up feeling sore.

I open my eyes slowly; the weight of the body next to me was making my body dead. Camila is still here?

Half of her body was splayed across mine. Slowly, I start to get off of her. No such luck, she lifts her head and look at me.

"G-good morning. Don't you have a flight to catch to?" I ask.

"Good morning." She said seductively. She lifts her body and I thought she was going to stand up but instead, she straddles my hips. I gasp at the contact of our center colliding with each other as she moves.

She looks at the clock beside my table.

"I still have 3 hours extra time to spent before my flight." She said huskily, moving towards me again.

My hands settle on her hips as I tried to stop her movements.

"I'm sore and tired." I complain half-heartedly.

"Well, I'm not."

"You're insatiable." I comment.

Her lower body moves again making me moan. Her hands settle on my breast as she starts to move again, creating a rhythm on our bodies.

She rocks her hips towards my center. She moves and moves and moves on my top that I am pretty sure I'm close enough to achieve my orgasm. Again.

But then she stop and looks down on me.

"I want your tongue again, deep inside of me."

She is so HOT. Ugh!

She moves towards my face, and a blush crept on my cheeks as I realized what she was about to do. She is going to ride my face.

Heaven, forgive me!

She lowers herself on my face and I was about to lick her when I heard the door opened.

"Jen, have you seen my- OH MY GOD!"

Then the door was slammed shut as I opened my eyes in shock.

"Lisa!"

But she wasn't there anymore. I push Camila away from me as I stand up immediately.

I was about to open the door when she speaks.

"You should probably get dressed, Jennie."

"Oh god, this is awkward!" I cover my face in embarrassment as I realize I am standing fully naked in front of Camila and was about to ran after Lisa.

"Don't mind her. She'll get over it."

"What?! We scarred her for life! I hope she won't get angry."

"She won't. Why would she be angry? We are two consenting adults here. Remember that."

"Mila! You have a flight to catch. Finish what you both are doing FAST and then we'll go!" Lisa said in a loud voice for us to hear.

"See? She wasn't angry." Camila said, smiling sexily and she plants a chaste kiss on my lips,

"Thanks for the night. You were amazing." Then she puts her clothes on fast and walk towards the door.

With a deep sigh, I lay myself on my bed and stare at the ceiling.

What have I done? This is all fucked up.

***

It had been 5 days.

Five fucking days since Camila left and Lisa was continuously ignoring me. And now, it's driving me crazy.

"You look upset, Jen." Jisoo unnie said and then handed me a cup of coffee.

"You and Lisa are still not in good terms?"

"She is still not talking to me."

"Well, try to understand her. You and Camila scarred her for life. Try to get in her shoes, what would be your reaction when you see your cousin riding your bestfriend's face?" She said, looking disappointed and disgusted at the same time.

"That is not an image I want to see for myself, honestly." She added.

"Well I shouldn't have told you then." I said softly, feeling a disappointment towards myself too.

"No, I don't mean that. I mean I'm your friend, and you should be honest with me or something. Besides, you told me that story when you were drunk. You were rambling that I couldn't stop you. Even if the images were clearly disturbing."

"I know. And I understand unnie, I really do. I was just, I don't know. I fucked up. Big time. And this wasn't me, you know. I was blinded with being 'free' and being single that I haven't realized that I can also hurt someone. And she wasn't even my girlfriend. But I still feel guilty that I fucked her cousin."

"Relax. She'll get over it. Just give her time. Okay?"

"But I missed her. And I feel really really guilty. I guess this whole Lalisa 2.0 and Dr. Sex Goddess was a bad thing, you know." I confessed.

"I thought you enjoyed it? Being Lisa? Being the most sought after bachelorette here in this hospital?"

"It was just sex Unnie. At the end of the day, I wasn't happy. It didn't make me happy. It was just a moment of release, which I haven't done, in a long time. I thought I could change myself. I thought I'll be happy. But right now? I'm not. Yeah, sure, I fucked anyone who threw themselves at me but that were all just sex. And now, it's the main reason why I feel fucked up. So from now on, I want to abstain from it. I'll promise myself that that will be the last. Next time, I'll wait for the right person to come along, girl or boy. Doesn't matter."

"Are you serious? No sex until the 'right one'?" Jisoo ask, her mouth wide open and so shock.

"I am dead serious." I said in a determined voice.

"Now, all I have to do is get my best friend back. I learned my lesson in a hard way but it's not too late. And I can't afford to lose her. She is important to me."

"Hold up, you're not in love with Lisa, aren't you?" She ask with full of curiosity covered her face.

"Good Heaven!!! Why do people keep telling me that I'm in love with my best friend? I am really getting tired of convincing people that I'm not! What I feel for Lisa is purely platonic." I said, gritting my teeth. This question is already getting into my nerves because of hearing it a hundred times.

"And you know what, let's say I am in love with her, or she is in love with me, which was impossible of course. Anyway, let's just say we love each other? We're happy and all but then time comes that we aren't happy anymore? The friendship will just be ruined because of that! Friendship is more important than love. Well, atleast for me. I told you before, with my first girlfriend, who happened to be my best friend too, I chose friendship over love. And now, we're okay. She is married with two sons, and she's happy and I'm happy for her." then I took a deep breath.

"I can't fall in love with my best friend anymore." I added.

"Okay. I get it now. Well, my advice is just talk to Lisa. Tell her that you made a mistake and you're sorry. She will understand."

"I hope so."

***

"Hi." I greet awkwardly as soon as I enter our apartment.

Lisa was sitting comfortably on the couch, but even with the sound of the jiggling keys, door lock and the door creaks, her eyes still glued at the television.

"Lisa." I called softly, trying to catch her attention but she wasn't responding so I sat beside her.

"Lili, please."

"What?!" she glare at me with her dark eyes. I never saw this kind of aura of Lisa before. Her real angry face. But I can't blame her if she's upset because what I did was really upsetting.

I inhaled a huge amount of air and blow it out in one go so I can relax myself because honestly, my whole body is so tense right now. Even my throat is becoming so tight that my voice is kind of stuck in it.

"I'm sorry for-"

"For fucking my cousin?! Don't you know how to draw or at least have boundaries, Jennie?!" she said, her eyes piercing against mine.

"I'm sorry. I really am. It wasn't my intention to-" I lowered my head because I can't hold her stares. It's too much for me.

"Spare me the details. I don't want to talk about it anymore." She said, her attention on the TV screen again.

Tears start to form on my eyes for some reason. My emotions are mixed up and now, it's killing me. I feel ashamed, angry, disappointed and so done with myself.

"I can't handle being like this with you. I'm sorry that I fucked up. I realized my mistake and I learned from it. I'm so so so sorry." I said as I wipe my tears away.

"Li, please don't be mad with me anymore. I can't lose you, okay? You're my best friend and you're the most important person in my life right now."

Lisa breathes deeply. And it took her few seconds to speak up. I can see that she is trying to calm herself and not to blow up her anger again.

"Just give me time, will you? I just... I don't know... It's just awkward for me. I was scarred. I can't remove the images inside my head. I want to throw up every time it flashes inside my mind. You have to understand. Just give me time. Okay?"

I sniff and nod my head.

"Okay. I understand. I'll give you time, as much as you want. I will wait for you to forgive me."

With that, I stand up and made my way to my bedroom.

At the confinement of my room, I wipe my tears away, and then I dialed Jisoo unnie's number.

"Unnie? Is it okay if I crash on your apartment for a few days?"

"What happened?"

"I'll explain it to you later. Please?"

"Sure. You want me to pick you up?"

"Is that okay? Come now please."

Lisa needs time. I understand that. Maybe she needs time away from me. I'll give her the time she needs.

===========================

AN:

Okay guys, I know there's so much POV from Jennie here and we didn't know where Lisa stand in all of this but I promise you, you will hear from her soon.

Keep reading!

~ Raiden

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 530 31
•Taglish• 1910 during the korean under japanese rule a female korean soldier katrina,meets a japanese girl,sharon wich is the daughter of a pwerful g...
16K 870 21
Yndrah Alaianth Xanther- a respected professor and successful doctor in medicine. Known for her sharp mind and distant manner. Her cold demeanor echo...
53.9K 2.4K 51
PROLOGUE: "Ace Pink" isa sa pinaka matagumpay na girlgroup hindi lang lokal kundi international. Binubuo ang grupo ng apat na kababaihan. Sila ay sil...
165K 4.2K 60
Revenge Power Love Im rich - Lisa Manoban Started - July 17 ,2020 End -November 22,2020