Broken Smile (IzukuXReader)

By breebree122311

(IzukuXReader) (Y/N) is a girl who is struggling with her life because of a man she has been trying to get aw... More

Reader Information
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20🍋
Part 21
A/N
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
A/N❤️
Part 28
A/N

Part 6

6.8K 218 259
By breebree122311

*Izuku's POV*

I had been thinking about (Y/N) a lot since she had left so abruptly at dinner.

If she needed anything or if she was in trouble, she would tell me. Wouldn't she?

*Ring-Ring-Ring*

I pulled my phone from my pocket and checked the caller ID to see that it was mom calling.

"Hey mom, is everything alright?" I asked getting nervous.

"I was calling because I haven't seen (Y/N) in since dinner, which is a little unusual."

"Have you went over there to check on her?" Panic soon set in when I realized that my mom is probably worried for a reason.

"I did but no one answered, so could you go see if she's okay? Something doesn't feel right, Izuku." Her tone was serious and laced with worry.

I really hope she's alright...I knew I should've checked on her sooner...Damnit!

"Yeah, I'm actually only a few minutes away." I hung up the phone and started walking faster until I eventually broke out into a run.

Getting to the door of her apartment, I knocked but there was no answer and the door was locked.

As I went to turn away and leave, I stopped for a moment because I heard the television playing inside.

Grabbing the doorknob and activating One-For-All, I snapped it off like it was child's play.

I immediately noticed that her living room looked like a war zone which really put me on edge.

There was broken glass everywhere and her bookcase was turned on its side. As I looked around more, I noticed the dress she had been wearing the night she came over for dinner.

It was ripped and there was blood shattered in the floor near it. My mind instantly went to the worst possible outcome from seeing her clothes torn to shreds on the floor.

My heart stopped for a moment when I realized that she wasn't okay, then a heavy feeling weighted on my chest as I began to search around the apartment to find the other rooms in the same condition as the living room.

Please, (Y/N)...just be alive...

"(Y/N)! Are you here?" I yelled through the dark apartment, only to hear silence in return.

I picked up the remote and turned off the television, and that's when he heard it.

The only sound that filled the air now was running water and uncontrollable sobbing.

"(Y/N), are you in there?" I put my hand to the door waiting for a response. "(Y/N)?"

Again, this door was locked as well, but I knew that it was her in there crying.

That's when my instincts went into overdrive and I kicked the door down only to find her laying on the floor in her underwear covered in black bruises.

Damnit! I didn't make it in time...

My heart broke like glass seeing her like this, but I chocked back the tears that threatened to fall.

After the initial shock of seeing her in such a state, I pulled myself together. That's when I saw the blood pouring from both of her wrists and a bottle of sleeping pills laying on the ground next to her.

I hurried over and went to pick her up from the damp floor, but the crying stopped and she went limp. My heart started skipping beats as I checked for a pulse.

Upon feeling the slow thumps of her heart still beating, I picked up the bottle to find it was empty.

Grabbing a towel that was hanging on the door, I tore it in half and wrapped up both arms then gently but quickly picked her up and stuck my fingers down her throat to get her to throw up whatever she had taken.

I pulled her messy hair away from her pale face as she finally threw up.

"Damnit! (Y/N), can you hear me?" I shouted while pulling her into my lap, holding her tightly just trying to get her to respond.

Please... please don't die. I'm so sorry I wasn't here.

The thoughts pounded in my head loudly.

"Izuku?" Her (E/C) eyes fluttered open softly and her voice sounded like sandpaper from all the crying.

"Why did you do this? Tell me what happened." My voice sounded a little harsher than I had intended.

Her eyes trailed the room and she began crying again when she remembered what was going on.

"You should have just let me die." Her voice was calm and low.

"Don't say that! Please. We just started to get to know each other and I don't want to lose you." I shook her gently in hopes of keeping her conscious.

When I looked back down, she was sleeping but her pulse was steady.

I put one arm under her legs, and one behind her back, picking her up carefully. I then ran back to my mother's apartment.

"Oh my God, Izuku! What is going on?!" Inko's face was wet from tears as soon as she saw the limp battered body in my arms.

"I think... I think she tried to kill herself." My face was flushed pale from fear and shock. "We need to call 911."

"Wait." She paused and grabbed my arm to make he stop in my tracks. "Look at her. Someone did this to her, but I don't know who. I'm not sure it would be a good idea for her to be taken to a public hospital because whoever it was could find her again easily." She calmed her voice before she finished speaking, but her hands were still shaking.

"Is there anyone you could call that would help her here? You're the number one hero, surely someone could do it."

I took (Y/N) to my old room and laid her down on the bed, letting my eyes trail across her bruised and bleeding body. It filled my chest with a heavy burning that made it hard to breathe.

When my nerves were more steady, I called the only person that I could think of that would even consider helping without insisting that I take her to the hospital.

Recovery Girl.

After explaining the situation, and being scolded of course, she came rather quickly to help.

When Recovery Girl arrived, I showed her where I had laid the unconscious girl.

"Oh dear, this poor child has been through quite a lot, hasn't she?" Recovery Girl said in her weathered old voice. "I'm glad you called me to help. Your mother was right about keeping her here, this is a very delicate situation."

She used her quirk to heal her the best that she could. However, she could only close the wounds on (Y/N)'s wrists and fix the broken ribs. Anything more would risk killing her because she had little to no energy left.

Recovery Girl told me and mom that (Y/N) would be asleep for a while but she would eventually wake up, and that we shouldn't leave her alone anytime soon.

With that, she left.

I sat in the floor next to (Y/N) for a while, occasionally checking to see if she was still breathing.

After a few hours of breaking down, I went into the kitchen where my mother was and sat down at the table.

I buried my face into my hands that still had her blood on them and let a few more silent tears fall now that I knew that she wouldn't die.

"Why didn't I make sure she was okay when she left here, I had a feeling that something was wrong but I ignored it. Who really knows what she went through when I was just sitting here, right across the hall from her!" I spoke with a shaky voice trying to keep my emotions under control.

"(Y/N) never really talked about her life before she moved here, so I didn't want to pry but I should have. The fault isn't on you alone son." My mom said taking a seat at the table while setting a steaming cup of tea in front of me.

"Why didn't she just say something? I could've done something, I'm a hero and I couldn't even keep her safe when she needed me." I ran my hands through my hair in frustration.

"You really care for her already, don't you son?" She asked in an inaudible whisper, then turned to look at me.

"We won't know everything until she wakes up, all we can do is be here for her now." She placed a hand over my shoulder and offered a comforting smile.

We both sat there for a while letting silence fill the room waiting for (Y/N) to wake up.

I'll never let her go through anything like that ever again. I will protect her no matter what.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 8.3K 31
[completed] in which, y/n is a sister, best friend, daughter. she is also a baby mama. to izuku fucking midoriya, the number one hero. i don't own mh...
93.4K 3.4K 24
18 year old, Y/N L/N is a modern-day vigilante. After years of watching the heroes disregard all of the shit that people have done, she made it her p...
90K 2.7K 34
A MHA x Reader story. You were born with a very unique quirk. A quirk with a lot of mystery. What it lacked in power, it more than made up for in res...
20.6K 478 13
Izuku Midoriya has always wanted to become a hero despite being quirkless. He admired every hero he came across but he admired one more than the othe...